6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 7:31:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he knocked at the office of the gym leader. it was a rhythmic one-two-three, and after which, he stood waiting in front of the door.

"sir silph?" he calls from outside the office.

with that, he would have finally met the last of evelyn's siblings.

being the one responsible for the safety of the city, a gym leader is usually one of the first people that one approaches when something relating to the city is concerned. they were to relocate the people from slateport to dewford. being detached from mainland hoenn, it was decided that the evacuees would find the city as one of the safest.

one hand that held a folder with a few pages worth of documents on it hang carelessly while the other lazily rested on his hip. his posture was a bit hunched forward while brows furrowed as he waited for a response from beyond the door.

to be sent all the way to dewford just because he was free at that time was a hassle.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 10:21:38 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
knocking.

the distinct sound reverberates into the lounge and immediately rouses him from slumber. having drifted the day prior to now, one singular strand perks upright. his eyes heavy with weariness for the beginning of another long and demanding duty.

being gym leader certainly wasn't easy. alexander knew that. he hadn't done this for the fun or the change. this was simply a start to something greater. no matter how taxing it could've been, he felt inwardly that it was a duty which had called for him.  

'silph', reaches the awoken and he jerks upwards from his chair, groaning quietly at the ache that had formed within his back. alexander lurches towards the doors, obscured by the curtains which surprisingly had not been covered by ice. 

carefully slid open, he peers out with innocent caution, wondering who it could be. when the face does not make recognition to his recently woken mind, he blinks, exposed in slight disaster by the bead head. not that he had noticed.

"hello?" his voice is supple, "can i help you?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 16:32:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he fixes himself almost immediately as soon as the door opens. he is greeted by the gym leader which, unsurprisingly, looks nothing alike his sister. standing straight, he'd make eye contact as he forces himself to speak up.

"er, i was sent, uh, here to discuss about this."

he flips open the folder to make sure none of the pages were missing, closing it, and then handing it over to the gym leader. the papers should detail everything about the evacuation, along with various documentation that described the current slateport situation and names of those that would be relocated to the city.

"it's about the evacuation of slateport refugees to your city," he summarizes.

he wasn't sure if alex was briefed by the league about this sudden change of plans, but knowing their unpredictable nature, he probably wasn't. even kyle did not know anything about this until his trip to the island earlier. even the day of the evacuation was dated that day.

"i believe this was discussed with you?"

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2019 3:00:41 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
intent even in the words of the stranger, he watches, taking the folder with slight bewilderment. rather than summarizing questions for the other, alexander begins reading through the papers with a squinting expression. gradually shifting into dread.

'that was today?' he thinks, recalling the last message from the league, 'they told me this wouldn't happen a week from now!' the bundle of papers fold into their binding with a distinct smack! handing it back to the other expecting figure. he forces a smile.

"yes, well, uh..." momentarily pondering over the present work that had been done; building shelters with the aid of the townsfolk and compiling other necessities. could've been considered well prepared. 

but there wasn't enough. 

"the dates must've gotten mixed up. they informed me this wouldn't be happening for quite some time." remorseful for not having been aware, he quickly smiles once again, "no matter! give me just a second!" he rushes back within, the clamoring of fallen objects resounding into the outside. 

he returns, heavy breathes oozing from his lips. 

"alright, lets not keep those people waiting," shutting the door behind him, alexander moves along, presuming that the other will follow, "what's your name?" if the one was not a simple a messenger, then perhaps it would've been better to become, if not, slightly well acquainted.  

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2019 17:09:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the gym leader looked too worked up. while kyle wanted to say that the mistake was to blame on the other end instead of his, alexander already was into it that kyle could not find himself to interrupt. the only time he found himself able to speak was when he was asked about his name.

"er, it's officer lopez," he introduces himself.

the confusion was warranted. he had guessed that much even before he arrived at dewford. he wasn't as engrossed with the political structure of the league and the happenings within it like the other officials of the league, which meant that he wouldn't have been helpful regardless even if he knew the information beforehand.

he follows closely behind him as the gym leader starts moving. although he was not to be blamed about the impromptu change in the schedule, he was right about not letting the people wait for too long. kyle would not have rushed and let them wait for a bit, but not everyone shared his opinion sometimes.

"everyone's at the docks," he reported. "tents were already set up for a makeshift waiting area while they await relocation, but that's it."

at least it was way past lunchtime and the dewford city gym leader does not have to bother feeding them.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 4:25:14 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
"officer lopez," he repeats, briefly glimpsing towards the other, "you're not from dewford are you?" having been well acquainted with the people of this town meant the answer was already there. hovering above in a silent confidence. no need for a response. 

"forgive me, you must have traveled all the way out here just to deliver that message." the weighty sigh fluctuates gentle frustration. one distinct emotion that cannot surpass the soft-spoken demeanor. he knows the burden of slateport has taken its toll. it is one of the reasons he had offered his support. 

eventually they reach the docks. venture across the waters was not as timely as it was in flight. unfortunately the boat was the only thing capable of supporting a large group of people.

alexander did not have a companion of such size just to glide through the dangers of the sky. the motor shudders to life in his silent thoughts and they drift from the land. into the endless blue. above and below. the shade leaves them stranded. 

"are there any other officers with them?" he questions, pondering on the worse given the nasty intention of rocket. they'd do anything just to make their job more difficult than needed. 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,417 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
tomorrow [slateport]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2019 5:51:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle blinks at the gym leader, who apologizes before he could even answer. he scratches his chin with a finger, confused with his words, but nonetheless tries to keep his composure and his straight face.

"y-yeah,"
was all he could answer.

he follows over him to the docks, where a handful of refugees from slateport awaits. most were weary from the trip, but he supposed it was only natural for him to see them in that state after the venture. everything about the entire operation was rushed, after all.

"there's only me, i'm afraid,"
he reveals. "there weren't enough officers that did not have any previous assigned engagements. this entire thing happened all of a sudden after all."

he tried to word it without mentioning that he had a lot of free time in his hands, which was the only reason he was forced into this.

"there's a few doctors and nurses on board though. i think they're there to help with everyone else's ptsd or something."

it wasn't enough that the gym leader suddenly receives a bunch of refugees ahead of the date he thought they would be arriving at. he has to deal with mentally unstable people as well. kyle was glad he didn't have the responsibilities that could be likened to the silph's.