awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
iii.iii mossdeep downtown raid
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2019 22:57:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she is in ruins, head bowed, tears staining her cheeks. she is small, vulnerable, head bowed before statues of gods of old. she is whispering her regrets and they do not hear. and if they hear, they do not care. 

this isn't how it was meant to be

soft lips, guarded eyes, a face doll-like, small in memory. she nearly hadn't recognized her behind the cool, complacent mask of a killer. my emma is gone. my emma was gone the day i left her.

if she had stayed--

and her thoughts are cut short, not by the phone in her pocket (considering she doesn't get service this far underground) but by the sudden whimpering growl that comes from lyune. the stoic war veteran, always calm and collected, whines anxiously, tail lashing, wings grating. freya stands hurriedly, swallowing her remorse as fear for her friend overcomes her. 

"lyu--w--" but her terrified questioning comes to a halt as the breath is knocked out of her. the salamence slams into her, scoops her in one fell swoop, and then he's sprinting, wings snapping open. red sails rise and freya hunkers against him, looking forward now, knowing that he is taking her somewhere.

that something is wrong.

within minutes they have wound through the cave network and out into the clearing outside the dragons' den. still, he races forward, over and away from the boundaries of sootopolis.

finding service now, her phone rings with an influx of messages. she grabs it, stomach twisting, eyes hardening as she eyes footage being livestreamed from mossdeep. she looks up--billowing plumes of smoke stain the sea an acrid gray. she squeezes her thighs, learning forward, urging lyune to move faster.

sypha and aeris are released, debriefed quickly as they near the city. freya sends a mass text.

reinforcements are coming. hold out just a while longer.

notes
> basically just enters the scene tbh
> texts those tagged (all league)

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 2:21:50 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas went into science because he wasn't a fighter, and now he was being thrust right into it. He clutched his phone as the pokemon spoke in his head.

"Is it safe? An all out attack between two legends will level the city."

His insides began to burn with the ferocity of a thousand suns as a power fought to be unchained. It came in waves, an ugly mix of pain and exhilaration.

Lucas' mind was telling him, no, but his body, his body was telling him yes.

"Perse? Ugh gods, I'm in Nikolai's Dye shop by Oxford street."

His voice was strained from the pain of the legendary's pulsing power. Eyes darted around as he spoke, peering through the windows of the dye shop.

tldr

• Talks with pokemon
  • Conceeds to the pokemon's power
  • Talks with Perse whilst inside Nikolai's Dye Shop

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 4:22:36 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

She doesn't get the chance to hear 's response to her observations. The screaming had been too loud. It was head-splitting, interrupting Bailey's stride with its volume. If she thought the hyper beam had been piercing, it was nothing compared to this.[break][break]

Her broken phone was no longer in her posession, vibrating from the text message it had recieved--alone, in the middle of the street.[break][break]

“What the hell?” But when the scream ends, her hearing slowly returns—even if the aftermath of the cacophony continued its low ring in the depths of her skull.[break][break]

Her head caught sight of someone fleeing from the rooftops, using their pokemon to aide their movements. Was it the person that had attacked the monster? Then that meant—her gaze snapped to the stomping Guzzlord and its growing frustrations. The newcomer was going to lead the Beast straight towards them.[break][break]

If it caught sight of them, it would mean another hyper beam. It would mean another wave of destruction. She couldn't let that happen twice.[break][break]

“Fuck! Get that dumbass out of here!” Her hand snapped off one of her pokeball capsules—her mind coming up with a last minute, last ditch attempt to obscure their position.[break][break]

Her Palossand was released from its capsule. “Sandstorm! Use the debris from our surroundings!” The broken chunks of concrete had been pulverized enough for the granulated mortar to be utilized—the plume of gray dust whipping through the air in front of them, trying to keep the Guzzlord from seeing what was in front of it.[break][break]

palossand used sandstorm[break]
0F7vjDTr
[break][break]

The Sergeant would turn and run into the alley—her ghost followed close behind.[break][break]

tldr: uses palosand to summon a sandstorm to obscure guzzlord's sight as flies towards the group. heads into the alley to join with . can't access her phone because she dropped it several posts ago whoops haha.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"] FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 4:43:05 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
the message from fernando flashes across her phone's screen - words that are swallowed by an incoming call. she's seen these portals before with lucas, so he should be a valuable asset to their collective. she clutches the phone so tight her knuckles strain, but her eyes are fixed on bailey and arian as they join her.

"lucas where are- nikolai's dye shop?" oxford street? persephone isn't intimately familiar with the layout of downtown mossdeep, but judging by the sounds she could hear from lucas' end reflecting what is happening before her now, and by the fact that they are huddling on an alley off a major road, oxford street should be somewhere nearby.

the conversation is cut short, and she is never able to greet bailey and arian.

the guzzlord's horrifying scream - of pain, of agony, of eternal anguish, sort of like the sound of a man falling to his death but amplified by a thousand times - reverberates through the street.

persephone cries out - the sound of it lost entirely - and covers her ears, ending the call prematurely as the creature's scream wracks her skull and brings her to her knees.

before she can even begin to address the pair who had drawn alongside her, a figure approaching from above catches her attention. for a long moment, persephone watches in abject horror; incapable of reacting to the sight of a flier attempting to bring the monster over to them. bailey's quick thinking gives them seconds, but it won't be enough for long.

"lane, the head scientist, the dye shop on oxford street."

she doesn't have time to explain or justify why they need to find this one specific man when the lives of many others are at risk. they have to know, they have to realise, that in these circumstances, lane is worth more than a dozen civilians.

nothing there one moment, and a young woman and alakazam materialie the next, the flash of apprehension is eased slightly.

"we need to move."

her eyes dart around, searching for options. further through the alley? into one of the buildings?

» answers 's phone call & asks where tf he is
» interrupted by guzzlord's... scream?
» returns mienfoo
» tells and that they need to find
» @triss shows up close-by pogchamp

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 5:13:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the closer she gets to the carnage, the more gloriously grotesque it becomes.

in a world full of beasts that possess the strength to level buildings and tear open the earth it's rare to run into something unfathomable, but the more triss sees this monstrous interloper do the more she's floored.

it slams the ground and even though she's still a block away she feels it. her legs shake and her heart flutters in time with one another as she ducks into an alley to hug the wall there. she finds herself impatient to see what else it's capable of.

she is quickly reminded to be careful what you wish for.

the SNARL tears through the air and settles in her bones. her stomach turns, her lungs struggle to take in air, and she can swear for a second her heart stops.

for just a moment everything goes black and in what feels like a blink of her eyes she's on the ground -- knees scraped on the concrete and hands pressed hard against her ears. her body continues to shake and her eyes water even after the sound passes to echo in the space behind her.

"amazing."

a breathless whisper as she struggles to pull herself back onto her feet.

"alak, come out please."

she releases the alakazam with a tremulous hand. just standing is proving a chore after that last hit (and her now second fall to the ground). at least for the immediate future she'd rather place her transportation needs in the hands of the pokemon.

"thank you. now please, get us closer. try to teleport to the next alley."

on doe's legs she walks to the end of the alley she's in to peek down the street and point out their destination to the alakazam. once that's done she throws her arms around its neck and nods once.

she thinks for a moment that maybe she's pushing her luck by moving still a bit closer to the beast, but the thought passes by the time the TELEPORT begins.

notes:
> triss marvels at the sight of guzzlord
> the stomping tantrum shakes her up
> she ducks into an alley right before the snarl and is really shaken up
> struggling to move on her own, she releases her alakazam and tells him to teleport them one more alley up
> maybe that's the alley where and company are? idfk.

@raid

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 7:43:17 GMT
arian coin Avatar
having suffered from the unexpected scream. all arian heard from was 'one-word', repeating, "dumbass?" he was blinded by the sandstorm somewhat, only able to see for one small second. eevee, clamping to arian's leg, was picked up by the blonde male who took off with his normal-type in tow. "that's--" the sandstorm was light, but he could've sworn that he saw . "wait, i know that guy! why is he here?!" of course he could conjure a few theories. sadly, that wasn't important. if arian could he would, but he didn't have the chance to do such a thing. and so he continued to move and hoped that marcel was able to follow them to meet up with the group.

now with the following: , , (maybe?), and @triss. he was surprised to see many familiar faces. "miss persephone!" with the group, had caught up, he'd turn and add, "leon!" he had half a mind to scold the gym trainer, but he'd save that for later. "alright, the gang and a..." he'd tilt his head, smiling at the gray female, "civilian?" what was a civilian and her alakazam doing here? did they accidentally teleport here? was the alakazam inexperienced in the usage of teleport?

"well, then, isn't this just a lovely gathering of," he'd bow to the women before him, "and excuse my french ladies," proceeding to say, "'fucked' strangers." was he wrong? they were quite the fucked. "our hungry, hungry snorlax (guzzlord) over there doesn't seem to be full yet. and we need to get an understanding of why this thing is so hungry, persephone---" he was cutoff from her explanation of lane's whereabouts.

"professor lane?" they needed to meetup with another person!? seriously, "i've had enough of this. i've been there before," eevee remaining close to arian, he'd pluck another ball from his vest and called upon a new ally, "starmie, mimic!" calling out the star-shaped pokemon. it would copy @triss's alakazam's recent move "teleport".

"everyone, hold hands." grabbing onto 's and offering his palm to (leon), starmie would touch the leg of arian; eevee placing its paw upon starmie. once everyone connected to each other, arian shouted, "TELEPORT!" and, in an instant, they were transported to 's whereabouts. popping up right behind him inside of the dye shopped as he looked out the window.

tagged: , , leon a.k.a. , and @triss.
note(s):

- arian called upon his starmie to use mimic and copy @triss's pokemon move, alakazam's, teleport.
- starmie teleport's everyone to the whereabouts of .
- no man (hopefully) left behind, smfh.

ze4SZ4NF

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 8:28:09 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A LEGENDARY POKEMON INTERVENES

[attr="class","aname2"]
AN ORACLE ENTERS THE FRAY

[attr="class","ipad"]
A LEGENDARY POKEMON OFFERS YOU AID!
[break][break]
"We don't have a choice!"[break][break]

There's no room for debate. The legendary has all but made up its mind. The only thing Lucas can do is resist and prolong the inevitable. Thankfully, he's not head scientist for nothing. He's smart enough to let go and allow the pokemon to fester the energy it needs.[break][break]

From the safety of Nikolai's Dye Shop, the pokemon can start to tap into Lucas' soul. The collective feelings eventually numb into nothingness and Lucas can literally feel his heart beating. It drums loudly and slows to a halt. This is the start of the unification process. [break][break]

"Lucas! Keep cover and keep low. I'm starting it now. We'll both be vulnerable until I can appear. Keep safe!"[break][break]

They call it Nikolai's Dye Shop but there will be no dying today.
[break][break]

"Pledge to me, faithful avatar! No matter what difficulties, no matter what trials, no matter what obstacles that come before you, you will never give up! We do not know defeat. We do not know what it means to lose."[break][break]

[break]

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN:
[break][break]
  • Legendary pokemon tells to keep out of sight and to stay safe. They start the unifying process to help the pokemon materialize without a proper avatar.

[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat][googlefont=Roboto Condensed]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 11:03:41 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
III.III MOSSDEEP DOWNTOWN

[attr="class","aname2"]
MOSSDEEP MAYHEM: HARDCORE

[attr="class","ipad"]
MOD RAID POST!
[break][break]
the noivern can barely maintain its flight due to the state its in. yet, somehow, it gets the job done as the descent from the building and onto solid ground.[break][break][break]

as erratic as their flight pattern had been, the pokemon keeps its sight sorely on . previously, in 's case, the HYPER BEAM had obscured the trainer from its sight. when she jumped into the ditch, the pokemon lost track of her since the beam resonated from the pokemon's mouth and blocked all vision below its eye level. this granted her the dumb luck of being able to dive into an opening and remain unseen.[break][break][break]

is not as fortunate. when it turns to scream at him, there's nothing to block its vision. the SHOCK WAVES are slivers of yellow and the sound waves of the scream are transparent, if not shaky. the fact that he runs makes him stick out, a tiny dot, a fly, that scampers away and into the air. the unknown pokemon continues to track his figure as he runs straight for , waving its arm wildly as its inner mouth opens up. something inside its stomach is churning.[break][break][break]

's quick thinking allows the palossand to bring up a SANDSTORM. unfortunately, it's too late. the pokemon has a general idea of where is when the daredevil gets within a decent distance of the group. she's hauling ass and that affords her the slight favor of slightly distancing herself from where the pokemon thinks is. too bad isn't that far from her original location.[break][break][break]

does indeed spot right before the SANDSTORM blinds all. the newly created SANDSTORM stops right in his tracks. unwilling to proceed through the low visibility, he turns, running perpendicular to his current path and away from the unknown pokemon.[break][break][break]

ends following to behind the alley where they convene for a small chat on how to proceed. @triss materializes from her teleport several meters away from them but still within sight. [break][break][break]

her alakazam will realize that this is not the destination it had shot for. the TELEPORT worked but the end point is far enough off to not be a coincidence. something's afoot. it's amazing intellect may be able to piece together that during the TELEPORT, it felt a distortion across the space time it had tried to manipulate. it reeks of something external but not quite alive. almost like a force of nature.[break][break][break]

breaks into a game plan now that they're in the alley, thinking they're safe. within a few seconds, the lilycove gym leader is able to bring out his starmie and have it use MIMIC on the alakazam within viewing distance.[break][break][break]

as for the unknown pokemon? well, what goes in must come out. it lets out a loud BELCH, which, while it doesn't match the volume of the previous scream, makes up for it by the contents of what it throws back up. several unchewed pieces of the broken building come hurtling out of its mouth toward 's direction. they're aimed at the very spot that he had pivoted at the SANDSTORM, so the aim is a bit too close now that he's running away, but the large pieces tumble forward when landing, rolling forward and willing to crush him just as well. [break][break][break]

that was just the warm up.[break][break][break]

PAYBACK is a bitch. seconds after the initial BELCH, concrete, debris, and portion of the building come right back up, aimed at 's new location and accommodating his running speed and the direction that he's fleeing towards. the vast array of throw up resembles a ROCK SLIDE of the pokemon's throw up, numerous in number and by the looks of it, there's enough content to construct a brand new building. each piece is as large as a truck, scattered in a large spray, left aflame from the pokemon's stomach's GASTRO ACID—oh, and most importantly, their all explosive. [break][break][break]

that's one rendition of the pokemon's DRACO METEOR—more of a carpet bombing then anything else. naturally, some of the pieces land no where close to him but when they make contact with something, whether it be a building, the street, or something living, the piece explodes with a concussive force that leaves a crater in its wake. the area lights up as each project ends up serving as explosive bomb.[break][break][break]

boom. boom. boom.[break][break][break]

due to the fact that the DRACO METEOR is being spat out in a BELCHING manner, some of the debris does end up hurtling toward , , , and @triss ' general area. [break][break][break]

before the attack even has a chance to land, while it's still in flight, is able to gather the three houses into a covenous circle. it TELEPORTS just in time but having to transport that many people, through arian instead of direct contact, proves too much.[break][break][break]

starmie materializes about a block away from the shop that is in. and his eevee, who had direct contact with the teleporter, are several feet away it, both in opposite directions and flanking the water type pokemon. the starmie has no clue why they're separated or why they're not at the destination the starmie had tried to TELEPORT to. [break][break][break]

ends up even further, caught somewhere between the shop and their previous point. she's somewhere in the half-way point. this just so happens to be out of the DRACO METEOR'S range.[break][break][break]

ends up the closest to where they started, several meters farther away from the beast then @triss but still within each other's field of vision. she is still in the DRACO METEOR'S splash zone. her palossand even closer, spawning between the half-way point of @triss and . naturally, if is in the splash zone so is @triss. [break][break][break]

[break]

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN:
[break][break]
  • jumps off the building atop his noivern. the pokemon is dizzy while flying and lands. he spots and runs toward .
  • @zerker approaches from a distance. he hides away and calls for rocket reinforcements. he and his zoroark begin to survey the surrounding area while getting closer to the unknown pokemon.
  • councilwoman is en route! the dragon queen and her horde are coming. hold on!
  • gives in to the legendary pokemon and the pair begin the unification process. he lets know that he's in nikolai's dye shop.

• drops her phone during all the chaos. she sees coming and brings out her palossand. it uses SANDSTORM to try and obscure their position from the unknown pokemon. she runs into the ally that is hiding in.
  • recalls her mienfoo and tells and that they need to find . she knows the address but not the location.
  • the unknown pokemon BELCHES, loudly, and ends up spitting out several pieces of debris the size of a car.
  • it continues to launch truck sized DRACO METEORS in 's direction. they're on fire and explode on contact. a bunch of them are spread out and several blow up some buildings in the way. they leave craters in the streets. each one is a bomb.
  • @triss brings out her alakazam and has it TELEPORT closer. she materializes within vision of , , and . that's not where alakazam had planned and potentially realizes that something's off with trying to TELEPORT
  • spots but is too busy running away. , , and stop to chat once they're in the safety of the alley. his starmie uses MIMIC on @triss ' alakazam. starmie TELEPORTS and all three get separated.
  • , his eevee, and his starmie spawn a block away from .
  • spawns in the half-way point between their previous location and .
  • spawns a dozen or so meters away from her original spot. she can still see @triss and vice versa. they're both in the splash range of DRACO METEOR.

[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat][googlefont=Roboto Condensed]

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 11:31:17 GMT
arian coin Avatar
landing in front of a bakery. arian, jovially, turned behind him to see nikolai's hair dye sh--wait, what the hell? "starmie." arian smiled, starmie cried. "where are we..." starmie cried. "we messed up didn't we..." starmie, once more, cried. the trio were together, but and were nowhere to be found.

"great, you're broken and i'm not gonna hear the end of it from, bailey." but noticing the bakery they were in front in. it was enough to identify that they were a block away from . "we're not too far off, we'll meet with lucas! but we'll have to do this by feet, hopefully persephone and bailey aren't dead in the mean time."

arian began to run toward the shop. on his way there he contemplated as to what could've made starmie's teleportation go haywire. considering the wormholes that conjured these beast, he could only assume it had to do something related to science. maybe could figure it out or even . for now, his duty was to meet up with .

after sometime, had nothing else gone wrong, once there, had remained where he was, arian, hopefully, saw the professor in front. had lucas been there, he'd shout, "professor !" eevee and starmie followed. upon coming to an abrupt stop, he'd return starmie and eevee to their pokeball. "finally, a breath of relief..." arian sighed, "please tell me you know how to stop this thing?" arian asked.

tagged: , ,
note(s):

- starmie fucked up.
- arian took in his surrounding for a moment, than ran to meet up with lane.
- arian, once there, returned eevee and starmie back into their respective balls after meeting up with . ( if he's even still there )
- arian asked if he knew how to stop this thing.

Q9CuL2sV

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 21:37:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
they're not in an alley when the TELEPORT ends. triss doesn't even get a chance to vocalize her confusion before she feels alakazam's pressing on her mind. she looks up and sees the pokemon deep in thought.

a moment later she feels the air around her start to twist, and then all at once finds herself in the middle of a SANDSTORM. she's not only missed her mark but landed in something messy -- she lets go of alakazam to try and get a good luck at her surroundings.

"thank you for the attempt."

no sooner do her feet touch the ground than she's met by another display of strength by the interloper. its BELCH shakes the air, though with much less force than the SNARL from moments earlier. the ground shakes with the impact of what she can only assume are very large objects.

looking through the SANDSTORM she can make out the shape of the monster in the distance, now from much closer than the initial two blocks she'd observed it from before. she feels a thrill go down her spine. fear and fascination mingle once again.

"we're too close, teleport us out again please."

she gives the command and is met with a hand to her back and a shake of the head. alakazam won't do it for some reason, and while she wants to double down on the order she realizes there's no time to argue.

another BELCH splits the air and when she looks towards the silhouette of its source she sees large, bright objects fly forth from its center.

"ah, uh, future sight please."

triss's order is a breathy, hurried thing. this time alakazam obeys without question, its eyes flashing pink for a moment.

"thank you, now try and guide us to a safe place, please."

once again she latches onto her pokemon's neck. she's surprised to feel one of its hands fumble around on her person and pull out a pokeball. she releases its occupant without question. mal comes out looking confused and irate -- it clicks its beak for a moment before seeing the situation.

"light screen and follow us, please."

alakazam begins to hurriedly run away from the incoming rain of DRACO METEORS and back towards the way they came -- guided by whatever it saw with FUTURE SIGHT.

malamar accompanies them, eyes glowing for a moment as it erects a pink barrier around the trio. the LIGHT SCREEN flashes in the air once upon its completion before vanishing from sight.

as they run triss watches the sky, her stomach turning and her heart racing.

notes:
> triss and alakazam realize teleport fucked up
> they're in the sandstorm -- visibility is reduced
> the belch pulls triss's attention to guzzlord
> she can tell they're closer than before and she can make out its silhouette
> she sees the draco meteor that accompanies the second belch
> she tries to get alakazam to teleport away but it refuses (it knows something's wrong)
> instead triss has it use future sight to try and divine a safe path away from the incoming bombs (roll 1)
> alakazam tells her to release malamar so she does
> triss has malamar use light screen
> the trio run back the way they came, using alakazam as their guide (roll 2)

@raid
·
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2019 22:39:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","team"]

[attr="class","pokeActive"]

[attr="class","pokeActive"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","post"]as marcel hurtles away from the sandstorm, the sounds around him slowly fade back in. he hears the crash of concrete behind him: a reminder and a threat. keep running. the chime of his phone as it receives the call for rocket backup is lost completely to the chaos.
[break][break]
an explosion that sounds far too close for comfort warns him to speed up his pace. marcel runs faster, ignoring the burn in his lungs and throat. think. he had to think.
[break][break]
it's near impossible to think over the hammering of his pulse. by the time he reaches for two pokeballs his stamina's beginning to reach its limit. nonetheless, he forces out another burst of speed to give him just enough time to act. he's still running, but now his noivern is beside him again, his dragonair flanking the other side.
[break][break]
"belle, water pulse then ice beam!"
[break][break]
the sphere of water the dragonair summons is larger than her typical water pulse. once charged up, she turns and strikes it against the ground with all the force she can muster. the mass of water loses it shape and splashes back upwards, and in that very moment comes a seamless transition into ice beam which crackles along the path set out for it.
[break][break]
if all went to plan, the water pulse would catch the draco meteor, gentle enough as to not set off any explosions, with the ice beam catching up no more than a second after to solidify the water and entrap its contents. it may not catch them all, if any, but it'd hopefully do something to increase the distance between him and the flying bombs.
[break][break]
he doesn't have time to stop and stare, though. returning his dragonair, marcel leaps onto the back of vega once more.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]NOTES: dragonair uses water pulse and ice beam to try and stop most of the flying debris, and is immediately returned before marcel flies on vega yet again to try and fly out of the way of what's left.

[newclass=.team]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.header!!:hover .team]visibility:visible;opacity:1;transition:visibility 0s, opacity 0.5s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeActive]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.post]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 4:21:13 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

The conversation with his colleague is cut short by the ear-piercing cry of the ultra beast. It was oddly human-like, almost like a man had just fallen through several floors of a decaying building.

At the legendary pokemon's recommendation that he should stay safe Lucas released his Beheeyem. It floated in the air alongside him, puzzled at the current situation. But it stood guard without a word, looking out the windows for any sign of trouble as the two merged. Rocks and draco-meteor fell in the distance, the cerebral pokemon's attention darted towards each sound. As if trying to predict where the next strike might be.

"I pledge myself. That no matter the difficulties, no matter what trials, no matter what obstacles that come before me, I will never give up."

Lucas echoed the words as if he were part of a congregation, and the pokemon was his priest.

"We do not know defeat. We do not know what it means to lose."

UgIwHpay

tldr;
  • Release Beheeyem to stand guard
  • Repeated after the legendary
  • Secretly wishes he was playing Evergrande Fantasy
  • Do I even need to roll?

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 4:36:20 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]

[break]

This was not right.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper had joined hands and had braced herself for the teleportation. There had been the snap, the sound that was only audible in the depths of her skull, as the world faded from her senses. It went black, like someone had yanked the cord to a computer screen, leaving her with the omnipresent sensation of static.[break][break]

Her body felt that unfamiliar pull as she was removed from this physical plane—recollecting itself in a manner that made her spine tingle from the residual energy—but the dye shop was not in her line of sight.[break][break]

Something went wrong.[break][break]

Staring down the same stretch of destruction, towards the towering beast, Bailey Cooper was reminded of her childhood. She can remember her legs dangling off her father's shoulders, approaching the edge of a large tank, where a wailord had dwelt inside—crowds of people occupying the bleachers for a display of acrobatic prowess from the massive pokemon. [break][break]

It had been for a show. She had been in the splash zone—both then and now, except water was the last of her concerns as the draco meteors started to carpet bomb the entire street.[break][break]

Fuck the splash zone.[break][break]

The Sergeant turned and ran, trying to regain her momentum, even when her breath was wheezed as she picked up the pace. She had never bothered to get into shape—never saw the point. How shortsighted.[break][break]

Her eyes focused on the glistening in the distance—the light screen from @triss . It became her beacon. Her feet tried to carry her, tried to help her through this bombardment, but it was not good enough.[break][break]

One of the meteors crashed and exploded in the distance, mutilating one of the buildings that flanked the street. At a mere glance, someone would have presumed that Bailey would have been spared. [break][break]

The heat and the intensity was not intended for her, but the residual force still radiated out from its source—it slammed into the side of her body with the force of a truck, catching her off guard as the shock wave swept her from the ground.[break][break]

The pain of the collision does not compete with the landing. Her body was chucked far to the left, where instead of hitting the ground and tumbling, her momentum is suddenly halted by something hard and stationary—the street curb. Her elbow had jutted out, mid-spin, only to collide against this barrier as she crushed it with her own weight.[break][break]

She heard the crack and felt the cold surge of pain—something broke.[break][break]

World went white. Bailey cannot register the rest of her tumble, only that she was suddenly stretched across the ground of the street, injured arm clenched to her chest, as a guttural scream left her lungs. The concept of staying silent was lost on her, not with this.[break][break]

But that scream served another purpose—a purpose that revealed itself when the capsules on her belt burst, welcoming her Hitmonchan and Palossand back to the scene. They knew the cries of their trainer and came without hesitation to her side.[break][break]

“Fuck, fuck—” and she has to grit her teeth, breathing through hissed breaths, as her body broiled through the shock. Her efforts to try and scrape herself up from the ground had been too slow, too labored from the damage. The Hitmonchan noticed this struggle, then noticed the looming threat that continued to decimate their surroundings.[break][break]

They were losing time.[break][break]

The fighting-type scooped her from the ground, glancing to the Palossand as the ghost-type lurched forward—sand stretching as the granules soared to the beast. [break][break]

It had died once. It did not fear a death that would come twice.[break][break]

The pokemon shared a glance—a look that Bailey only understood when her body is hoisted over the Hitmonchan's shoulder as he started to run, separating her from her own pokemon—carrying her away from what was about to unfold. “NO, NO—NOT LIKE THIS! PAILARD! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE! YOU HEAR ME?! YOU FUCKING GHOST! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!”[break][break]

hitmonchan used agility[break]
DsxA8Wld
[break]

The fighting-type ran faster, bracing a gloved hand to Bailey's back as she screamed her insults until her throat felt numb. "Don't! Stop! He's not gonna make it—Punchy! I'm ordering you to fucking STOP—" but the Hitmonchan did not stop, even when Bailey pounded her good arm down against his back.[break][break]

hitmonchan used detect[break]
[break]

The fighting pokemon weaved, refusing to run in a straight line as he navigated through the bombardment. In those few moments, the Sergeant was denied the chance to say her goodbyes—she can only see the rising brume of morter and sand as it dispersed with the growing storms. [break][break]

It was the last that she saw of Pailard. it was the last that she saw of the bomb-blasted street, just as Hitmonchan veered down the street to their left, disconnecting her from the lone sand castle.[break][break]

palossand used sandstorm[break]
[break]

This was its purpose—as a castle, it had been built as a last line of defense. Now, it finally had the chance to serve that purpose.[break][break]

tldr: bailey cooper has sustained indirect damage from one of the exploding draco meteors; while she managed to avoid the radius of the explosion, the shock wave cannot be avoided. her body is thrown against a nearby curb, where she sustained damage from the force of the impact (her left arm). [break][break]

her pokemon respond to her injuries by leaving their capsules, knowing they are still in the splash zone. hitmonchan has shouldered bailey and has used a combination of detect and agility to try and create distance from the guzzlord and avoid the incoming meteors, heading to the address where is located—palossand has chosen to remain behind, summoning another sandstorm to confront the beast and to try and buy time for his trainer.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"] FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]··
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 5:01:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Getting a clearer view of the scene was a mistake. In all of his life, Saif had never seen something so unsightly and freakish. A vacuum of a mouth with two pincers that extended off of its tongue, shoveling whatever it could grab into his mouth. He could only wonder where it all went, probably straight to its thighs. The sight would be permanently ingrained into his memory

"Absolutely disgusting." He thought to himself, watching the beast gobble up everything in front of it before it's attention was taken away by another at the scene. He regretted the idea of trying to subdue that creature, something so ugly was better off being put down or sent back wherever it came from. If only he knew how to do so.

Saif's Zoroark stopped after making a full round around the creature, releasing its master. He would be standing at the top of the alleyway he started at.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a quick flash, it seemed some people had teleported in an attempt to flee from the monster, a smart idea. Unfortunately, they only seemed to teleport a bit away, keeping them in danger's way.

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire." Saif turned to his Pokemon, he couldn't let this beast enjoy any more humans and Pokemon. "Zoroark, go get them out of there." He commanded, sending the Dark-Type into the sandstorm to aid @triss . He'd have it use U-Turn sending it out towards them and hopefully lead them back to him. Afterward, he turned his attention back to the beast, thinking of a solution to stop it.

「Finishes Scouting
Attempts to help Triss out of the danger zone」
@triss
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 16:25:34 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
the teleport fails.

she realises it prematurely; while lost in the place between there and here. maybe for a moment part of her is where she's meant to be but a heartbeat later she's jerked back violently. the landing feels like being tossed to the ground like a discarded doll.

numbed, persephone inhales sharply and springs back to her feet in a fluid motion, like it doesn't hurt. her mind goes blank, eyes growing wide as the DRACO METEOR begins to descend - stretching out in the plane in front of her. paralysed in place, persephone watches as the debris makes contact and leaves craters and dust in its wake.

she hears a chorus of cries and has to force herself to turn her head. through the dust and the SANDSTORM, she can make out running silhouettes. another meteor lands in their vicinity and the wails cut off abruptly. they almost made it; she can make out their shattered bodies, the dark blood against settling white dust.

maybe she would have screamed but her throat constricts, gagging her into a helpless silence.

it's that familiar disconnect. between body and mind, she's caught between what little remains of her self-preservation instinct and what needs to be done. persephone wants to turn back, to run into the line of fire because adrenaline runs bone-deep, and the fibers of her body scream as she forces herself to stand still.

another cry from ahead brings persephone to her senses. the sound, somehow isolated from the chaos, rings out with a striking clarity.

bailey.

her gaze idly flickers back to the crushed bodies. in hindsight, the inability to bring herself to enter the fray for someone else would bring her this misplaced sense of shame.

unable to ascertain bailey's location or physical state, persephone sends out a zebstrika in a flash of light. her voice sounds foreign when she gives it directions; get the woman, brunette, a description of her clothes.

persephone hesitates, guilt a tense sensation in her throat. get the right woman.

powered by an unprecedented AGILITY, and with a crackle of lightning, the pokemon bounds into the splash zone. the zebstrika is familiar with the concept of PURSUIT; with identifying a target and following it through an environment. all of that was practice for this moment.

» kinda dazed after the failed teleport + at the scale of destruction
» watches some npc civilians get crushed
» sends zebstrika to get if needed