Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
iii.iii mossdeep downtown raid
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2019 2:50:44 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas' heart was beating so strong he was sure his chest would burst. For a moment he's dumbfounded at what the legendary said, his brain freezing amidst the chaos. Before he gets a chance to react to everything the head scientist's body is yanked through the Dye shop by 's gardevoir, the sphere in hand.

"What the fu-"

Flying across the room as a rag doll resulted in bottles of dye smashing against and staining his attire. Red dye dripped from the hand of Lucas' that Arian grasped. A split second before the group is teleported out Beheeyem attempted to siphon a sliver of the ultra beast's immense power.

HVD2KWMi

tldr
  • Frozen in place for a split second, legendary sphere in hand
  • Yoinked across the room by psychic
  • Clothing stained with different dyes, hand drips red dye
  • Beheeyem attempts to use power split on guzzlord
  • Teleported out of the shop by 's gardevoir

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2019 17:03:46 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A LEGENDARY POKEMON INTERVENES

[attr="class","aname2"]

AN ORACLE ENTERS THE FRAY

[attr="class","ipad"]

A LEGENDARY POKEMON REQUIRES AID!
[break][break]

The spirit has no choice but to be pulled along for the ride. Despite the temporal displacement the pokemon remains tethered to . Their bond transcends time and space as he feels it drill into his hands. A spectrum of energy elapse over his hand and dissipates the moment they re-materialize.[break][break]

"Almost there."[break][break]

The ball is now about a foot in tall and slowly forming into a more distinct shape. A distinctive orange V starts to take form at the top.[break][break]

"Get out of here Lucas! I'm coming!" [break][break]

[break]

SUMMARY OF ACTIONS TAKEN:
[break][break]

• The pokemon TELEPORTS with . It's almost here.

[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat][googlefont=Roboto Condensed]

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2019 17:30:00 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
the drampa buckles underneath her. it's not so surprising that the prior move falters but desperation trumps reason. persephone grits her teeth as the pokemon lurches underneath her momentarily and runs a reassuring hand across its feathery mane when it recovers.

"not your fault," she murmurs to the pokemon, words trailing away as the foreign creature leaps into the air and sends tremors through the earth. the road cracks, seizes as pieces begin to violently jut out like broken teeth.

a glimmer from the dye shop, searing like a flame, catches her eye. scanning the place where arian and lucas were a moment earlier, persephone isn't aware that she's holding her breath for several long heartbeats. they likely tried to teleport again - perhaps wise considered the beast bearing down on them, even if the last attempt separated them.

they can't keep running. even if they could win through attrition, there won't be anything left standing.

persephone releases voltorb, its function clear as it darts beside her awaiting orders. any vulnerability needs to be exploited, they don't have time to do nothing. she had seen others' attacks do nothing, but those were hitting the hide of the creature. it can't be impenetrable.

hesitant, the small squad approach from behind the beast, persephone examining the strange protruding hands as the mouths gnash. they're capable of releasing hyper beams of their own - if only voltorb could enter and detonate itself, perhaps...?

» kinda sees with some weird glowing thing through the ruined shopfront
» teleports them before she can see any detail
» releases voltorb lmao
» flies kinda behind the guzzlord to not be in range of its heads/arms (?) and tries to look for vulnerable spots to attack/sic voltorb on
» hopes is nearby to cover her...? idk
» i'm trying

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2019 18:49:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Saif's eyes followed her gaze back to the beast. It was clear to him that she intended on going back closer regardless of her current state. The Underboss thought for a moment, unsure if it was worth the risk. He paused eyes darting back to the beast as it leaped causing the earth to quake with its weight. Something else definitely caught its attention.

He helped her stand up straight, locking eyes with her for a moment, he knew what that look meant. With a sigh, he nodded. "As dangerous as this thing is, I'd like to see it out to the end," Saif replied as he whistled for his Steelix to lower its head, allowing the Underboss onto it. He then extended an arm out to the girl, helping her and her Pokemon onto the Iron Snake's head.

"My name is Saif Kamal, remember it as I might be the last person you meet." A morbid introduction, but one that was needed if they were going to be sticking together. "Onwards towards the beast Steelix," Saif commanded, extending his arm outwards. His Steelix complying, taking them closer to the beast. He bit his lip unsure if this was the right decision in the end.

「Helps Triss onto his Steelix
Begins making his way to Guzzlord」
@tag
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2019 1:16:15 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

The path of destruction was simple to follow.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper withdrew her Hitmonchan as Zebstrika picked up the pace. The fighting-type could not keep up with the electric speedster—the Sergeant could not allow him to fall behind, so it was easier to return him to his capsule and give him the chance to catch his breath.[break][break]

The Hitmonchan was lucky—he could take a five-minute break. For Bailey, she had to grit her teeth and stomach the pain as the electric pokemon zipped through the ruins. The wind that struck against her face was so intense, it made her wish for her motorcycle helmet... but it was probably buried beneath a mountain of rubble as Mossdeep collapsed around her.[break][break]

It was a bumpy ride. She had to keep her injured arm extended—the injury made it impossible for the joint to fold. Everything was grinding and she can only let the limb dangle at her side.[break][break]

“Wait... is it heading to the dye shop?” A dark shadow seemed to stretch across the street, obscuring the sun and its rays over the smoldering city--and then came the tremble as heavy slam from the unknown creature nearly thrust her from the zebstrika. The electric horse stumbled, losing its momentum as it chose to prioritize maintaining its balance.[break][break]

Her good arm was the only thing that kept her balanced. Her arm wrapped around the horse pokemon's neck, clutching for dear life, as the hulking monstrosity collapsed half of the building with its girth.[break][break]

She just hoped that nobody was still inside.[break][break]

There was a familiar snap, two pops that signalled the use of the move teleportation. What had once been an empty stretch of street was now occupied by two figures. Arian and an unknown man that Bailey presumed to be the other head scientist. "...Yo," and she was right in their line of sight, giving a short wave with her good arm while the other hung; still unresponsive.[break][break]

Her eyes focused on the strange, glowing orb. "Uh, the fuck?" And somehow, it wasn't the strangest thing she had seen this last week. "Is that a pokemon? A talking pokemon? What?"[break][break]

"I'm coming!"[break][break]

"Dude, phrasing," and her bewilderment was clearly etched onto her features. She had to shake her head to come back to the moment, wondering if it was the shock of her injury that was continuing to distract her.[break][break]

"Fuck, I'm wasting time. Come on you two. Giddy up, we gotta get some distance," for whatever this pokemon had planned... if it was a pokemon. She tapped the space behind her--there was plenty of room on the electric horse, even if three people were going to be a tight fit.[break][break]

People in the distance were starting to draw close to the creature--Bailey can catch the sight of white hair from as she drew close to the creature. A sneak attack? "Shit," and while and decided their options, she fetched one of her pokeball capsules.[break][break]

Her Dunsparce was released.[break][break]

"Hit and Run, okay Dumbass?! Do not engage with that fucker--he'll eat you. I am not joking. Hit. Run. Hit and run. Nod twice if you understand me," and she pointed out to the ruins, where there were countless concrete crags and crannies for a pokemon to utilize. "Keep moving, and I... I don't want anything bad to happen, okay little guy? Come racing back over here or hide in the city--or just leave. I'll find you." This pokemon was notoriously stupid, but it noded after sensing Bailey's concerns.[break][break]

dunsparce used rollout[break]
2DmqBwwN
[break]

And then, as it sped through the broken husks of buildings that the Guzzlord had left in its wake, the normal-type pokemon found it surrounded by fragments of mortar that could be... repurposed. Speeding along and finding itself to the far left of the creature, the Dunsparce started its attack--[break][break]

dunsparce used ancient power[break]
[break]
serene grace has activated! ancient power has a 20% chance of raising all stats
[break]

Hunks of wall were suspended in the air, glowing with ancient energy that the Dunsparce emitted--when enough of this ammunition was suspended, they were launched in the direction of the dark, monolithic glutton.[break][break]

Hit and run. It can understand those commands as it used rollout to speed away, looking for another place for it to fire more potshots.[break][break]

"Godspeed, Gump." The Sergeant would mutter to the departed Dunsparce, ordering the Zebstrika to get moving... and fast.[break][break]

tldr: follows guzzlord's trail of destruction to the dye shop while riding zebstrika. finds and as they are teleported out of the building and rides up to them, just as the legendary is starting to materialize—makes a remark about “phrasing” and offers the two a ride to get some distance. [break][break]

spies attempting to sneak up on the creature and deploys her dunsparce, ordering it to use rollout to circle the beast (from a distance) and to find opportunities to use ancient power (FROM A DISTANCE).

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"] FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2019 13:50:25 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","pokeMars"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]quiet, careful. with vega out of action, marcel takes even more care to escape detection. he can only run so fast; a quick get away is no longer an option. listening out for the trampling beast as he closes the distance between them, mist following him with each step.
[break][break]
the buildings are a no-go, the ones that are left anyway. he doesn't fancy being trapped in one during the moment of collapse. kicking aside the debris in his way his movements grow aimless as he struggles to discern the beast's location. marcel finally slows into a halt as he looks around. it's had to see much in this mist; he's counting on his dragonair to keep an eye out for him.
[break][break]
a loud crash. another building falls. he follows the sound, breaking into an almost-run.
[break][break]
he finds the beast, still charging, still hungry. two words is all it takes. belle's horn crackles with raw energy before a dart of electricity chases down the monster: bright and unrelenting. the light seems to cuts through the blurry fog but the pair are still indistinguishable. marcel hopes the thunder wave would be strong enough to immobilise it.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]NOTES: marcel hunts down guzzlord. still under the cover of mist, attempts to use thunder wave to paralyse it.

[newclass=.teamRight]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2019 16:53:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her brief glimmer of hope when her arrow lands its mark is destroyed when the beast trudges onward, almost unaware that it had been hit. lyune circles, giving them distance from the beast, though it doesn't seem to matter. it's only interested in one thing

she has no idea what it is, but persephone seems intent on stopping it. so she switches gears, hefts another pokeball in her hand and releases her krookodile behind her. the gator pokemon drops to all fours, claws grasping nervously at lyune's scales. freya leans forward and the dragon dives in response, leaving persephone's side to coast along the ground. 

sypha twists beside them, blue orb glowing at her tail as she wraps them in light screen and safeguard

the creature has lain waste to this part of the city. protocol is that she minimizes as much damage as possible, that she doesn't put more civilians in danger. but facts are cold and hard and they grip her heart, steeling her against her own consciousness as she orders rook to stone edge and rock slide some of the remaining standing buildings in its path. 

it's an attempt to slow it down, at least, or even draw its attention. she urges lyune forward, hand sliding back to her quiver. she releases two more arrows, aimed upward at the creature's strange eyes, and they both detonate with a harmless flash.

sLiP0xiE

notes
> attempting to slow it down now
> sends out krookodile to use stone edge and rock slide on neighboring buildings in an attempt to get the creature to stop moving
> uses two flash arrows aimed straight up at its eyes
> arrows used: 4/15

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2019 9:37:18 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
III.III MOSSDEEP DOWNTOWN

[attr="class","aname2"]
MOSSDEEP MAYHEM: HARDCORE

[attr="class","ipad"]
MOD RAID POST!
[break][break]
's gardevoir saves them right in the nick of time! the PSYCHIC pulls close enough for them to all touch the gardevoir and right before the pokemon lands on the shop they all disappear. the end up about half a block away from the beast, still visible and in the middle of a beaten and battered street. luckily the TELEPORT allows them to avoid the EARTHQUAKE entirely, the quakes having passed through prior to their re-materialization. [break][break][break]

's beheeyem isn't quite as lucky. just by touching , it ends up TELEPORTED too but ends up right behind the pokemon. only a few feet separate the tiny floating alien from the much larger other worldly invader. everything happens so fast, the beheeyem never gets a chance to establish the link required for POWER SPLIT. alone, now it can, but that's the last of the pokemon's worries. [break][break][break]

by now the pokemon's on its feet and able to move again. just in time for several trainers to approach. and come from the skies while continues on foot. none of the trainers are able to discern any openings aside from its gaping mouth and the two snapping appendages that seems to track the movements of and . [break][break][break]

it starts to charge toward and again, unknowingly stepping on 's beheeyem. the weight and pressure of the pokemon are immense but traditionally momentary as it rampages from step to step. however, the THUNDER WAVE from 's dragonair hits it right on the knee of the leg that's atop of the beheeyem. it goes splat underneath the pokemon's shifting weight. the pokemon halts, momentarily PARALYZED. a faint, red aura, resonates from its body. [break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

it only takes a second for the pokemon to continue onward. another step, just in time for the ROCK SLIDE and STONE EDGE to collapse a nearby building onto it. unfortunately, nikolai's dye shop is within the business district. there's nothing nearby that matches the size of the pokemon and the falling building falls onto the pokemon, crumbling, but does not bury it. thankfully, this means that the chunks of the building and debris don't prove too great. there's enough space for 's arrows. both of her FLASH arrows land on what she interprets as its eyes, the two luminescent openings right above its mouth. they erupt in a bright FLASH of light but that too doesn't garner much of a reaction. [break][break][break]

's dunsparce obeys the simple orders and launches several pieces of rubble with ANCIENT POWER. it scampers off the moment the attack lands, hiding its location as it darts into another building. [break][break][break]

the combined efforts of all those involved have brought the pokemon to a halt. the THUNDER WAVE from lasts just long enough for to block its path with a small building. the pokemon's relatively short legs can step over each piece but that proves too much effort for the beast. instead, it opts to clear a path for itself. with a loud, guttural scream, it tucks its legs into itself before spinning at ridiculous speeds. a pokemon of that size shouldn't be able to move that fast but seeing is believing. it takes off for and therefore and by proxy of proximity. [break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

a 30 meter tall GYRO BALL tears through the rubble like its nothing. the speed and rotating motion of the pokemon's advance displaces everything in its way, blending the pieces together and expelling them out in all directions. pieces of broken building rain from the sky and look to crush anyone caught in its path. those in the air are the most susceptible. several pieces of cement walls and uprooted side walk end up flying directly at and . [break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

and, as if to make matters worse, the two snapping appendages never draw in for the GYRO BALL. they're extended, rotating in a blur akin to a weed wacker. that in itself is harmless until they fire off a prolonged DARK PULSE and DRAGON PULSE. like a strobe light, the pair of energy beams slice through the air in a rapid, random pattern. none are safe and all of mossdeep falls before the destruction of the wide range attack. [break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the only ones not directly in the path of the twin pulses are , , , and her dunsparce on account of it ducking into a building and being so small of a target. however, the building it enters starts to collapse. as for the aforementioned trainers, a giant GYRO BALL is coming your way. at the current pace, it even out-speeds zebstrika. [break][break][break]

[break]

[break][break]
  • the EARTHQUAKE almost knocks @triss down but she steadies herself. @zerker helps her up and she asks him to get her closer to the beast. he obliges and the trio get on top of his steelix before it charges toward the unknown pokemon. @triss recalls her alakazam and malamar.
  • arian coin's gardevoir lets itself out just in time to use PSYCHIC to pull lucas lane close. before the unknown pokemon plows through the store with HEAVY SLAM they TELEPORT out. arian coin, his gardevoir, lucas lane, and the legendary pokemon end up about half a block away. the legendary pokemon let's them know that it's almost done.
  • 's beheeyem materializes right behind the unknown pokemon. it tried to use POWER SPLIT before TELEPORTING out but didn't have enough time.
  • follows the sound of destruction to find the unknown pokemon. he has his dragonair use THUNDER WAVE from within the cover of MIST.
  • releases her voltorb. still on her drampa, they flying closer. she looks for an opening: the giant mouth and the two snapping appendages.
  • the pokemon starts to charge forward and steps on 's beheeyem. the THUNDER WAVE from 's dragonair PARALYZES it right as it steps onto the beheeyem. splat!
  • freya morningstar releases her krookodile. still on her salamence, they fly in closer, staying lower toward the ground level. her dragonair uses SAFEGUARD and LIGHT SCREEN. her krookodile uses STONE EDGE and ROCK SLIDE to collapse nearby buildings onto the unknown pokemon and hinder its path. takes the chance to fire a pair of FLASH arrows at its eyes.
  • recalls her hitmonchan as 's zebstrika leaves it in the dust. she can see arian and lane in the distance and approaches. she suggest the get onto her zebstrika to leave while everyone else comes in close.
  • brings out her dunsparce. it scampers into a building and pelts the unknown pokemon with ANCIENT POWER before running for a different one.
  • the combined efforts cause the pokemon to pause. it uses GYRO BALL and chucks out slabs of concrete and bricks in all directions. it charges toward , , and , while using DRAGON PULSE and DARK PULSE. the energy beam shift in all directions at an incredible speed. everyone except those being chased end up in the laser's path. 's dunsparce is protected by the building it's hiding in. except he building starts to collaspe.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2019 23:25:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]

[break]

It was coming straight for them.[break][break]

"Oh fuck," and Bailey felt as if she were a deerling caught in the headlights, waiting for the moment of impact without a chance to retaliate. just like with the hyper beam, the oncoming gyro ball of black mass seemed undodgeable.[break][break]

Its speed told her that it could not be outrun--not by this zebstrika, and not with three people onboard. Could they dodge to the side? Not with the whirling arms and the neverending onslaught of dark pulse. "We'll have to chance it and move to the side--" but her moment of panic was quick to fade, just as she realized that the zebstrika had plans of its own.[break][break]

Her hair reacted to the gathering static; it frayed as the zebstrika turned to the enemy, letting its raw energy crackle and manifest its streams of lightning. Bailey glanced from the electric pokemon and to the ground, where the energy seemed to sink.[break][break]

For a moment, she felt weightless--it told her what the Zebstrika had planned. For the first time, she grinned.[break][break]

"Everyone hold on!" Bailey raised her voice just to be heard over the destruction, feeling her voice strained. Her one good arm latched around the neck of the horse pokemon. "We're gonna jump it!"[break][break]

They had no other option. Magnet Rise activated.[break][break]

The move was supercharged--the zebstrika lept from the ground just as the move activated, letting the newfound ability to levitate launch it from the ground to heights it could not have achieved from jumping alone.[break][break]

zebstrika used magnet rise![break]
XeWOdMG|
[break]

And as Bailey dealt with this situation, her Dunsparce had one of his own. As the building began to collapse, the pokemon did what was the most familiar to him--drill run was activated as the worm-like pokemon carried his momentum through the closest wall, then out of the building with a burst of brick and mortar from the exit.[break][break]

dunsparce used drill run![break]
[break]

The moment the building was cleared, the worm would curl back into his ball, speeding away from the wanton destruction just as Bailey had told him.[break][break]

dunsparce used rollout![break]
[break]

tldr: zebstrika uses magnet rise to leap over guzzlord, avoiding the gyro ball; doesn't have to worry about the dark pulses. in the distant building that the dunsparce is hiding, it uses drill run to drill its way through the walls as the structure begins to collapse, then rollout to find cover in the ruins once more.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"] FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]··
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 21:39:15 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]it works. barely. the beast stumbles, if anything, and the thunder wave doesn't stop it from unleashing another attack. he curses as he finds himself in range of the frenzied assault and both man and pokemon try to dive out the way, while the latter simultaneously summons up a protect.
[break][break]
the longer they draw this out, the more the risk rises. they all seem to be struggling enough as it is, and the monster shows no signs of tiring. with a new plan in mind, marcel releases spiritomb while hastily uttering his orders. it's a maneuver they've used often enough, it knows the drill. taking advantage of the mayhem the pokemon's shadow stretches out towards the source of the disaster. it seems to sink into the darkness before reappearing behind the beast.
[break][break]
the mass of purple smoke is barely visible beside the creature as it uses curse.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]NOTES: marcel and his dragonair try to dodge the attack while using protect as a safe measure. spiritomb is released and sneaks up on guzzlord using shadow sneak before attempting to use curse.

[newclass=.teamRight]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
·
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 21:26:18 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
the monster halts in its tracks, if only for a heartbeat. the stillness tells persephone two things; firstly, it isn't impervious, and secondly, lack of movement is usually a precursor for something terrible.

she's right.

"prot-" the order is never vocalised in full, but the drampa responds on instinct - the unmistakable green shimmer of a protect envelops them half a second before the debris is churned into the air. what the seems large enough to threaten the integrity of the barrier, the drampa blasts to pieces with dragon pulse.

it can't negate everything - it was hubris to expect otherwise.

the barrier holds for against a couple of hit from the airborne rubble, but it isn't designed to last forever. a piece of concrete splinters but continues its trajectory, cutting through the weakened protect, scattered like pieces of shrapnel.

the drampa twists his body to take the brunt of the hit, the pieces of debris piercing into his flesh, and persephone can feel the sting on her shoulder and leg as the pieces clip them both. the drampa lurches unsteadily in the air, and persephone directs it to land. whatever damage done is difficult to gauge, but she can feel warm blood, unsure to which of them it belongs. the only thing perfectly clear is that remaining in the sky makes them a target - visually distinct targets.

lights begin to flicker in the air as the creatures dark pulse and dragon pulse start to circulate. a light screen and second attempt at protecting cover their descent into the surrounding buildings in an attempt to seek cover. there may be no pattern to the rotating onslaught of pulse attacks, but the drampa makes an active effort to twist and dodge. the voltorb zaps along speedily at their side, seemingly oblivious to the danger as the drampa's protective measures keep it safe and its compact shape keeps it from getting hit.

persephone digs her hands into the pokemon's fur and clenches her jaw. she can feel the shift in the pokemon as its berserk ability took hold; his muscles grew tense in concentration. the pokemon wants to fight, but she won't let him. the drampa is returned to its capsule the second they land.

she can hear the sounds of a battle and turns back towards it because, after all, leaving the others behind was never an option.

» drampa uses protect and dragon pulse to avoid / break through rubble being tossed in the air
» gets clipped anyway so perse seeks to land, using light screen and buildings as cover from the pulse attacks
» lands in a side-alley snaking off from the road guzzlord is on?
» returns drampa

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2019 1:23:08 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas paid no heed to his missing Beheeyem, who was crushed in an instant by the ultra beast's immense weight. Instead, his eyes darted in every direction as he took in the current situation.

"Talk later, we need to move" he snapped at the officer.

Taking up on her offer Lucas hoisted himself atop her Zebstrika. He hastily nodded twice in understanding, not wanting to anger his new Uber driver. As they took off running his attention was split between looking forward and back to the materializing spirit seemingly tethered to his body.

"We don't have time to stop, keep going!" The head scientist shouted, becoming a backseat driver as a result.

Hands wrapped even tighter around Bailey's waist at her command. Lucas needed little reassurance, given the situation.

tldr;

• Hops on Zebstrika with
  • Talks very little, only urging her forward when he does
  • Hopes they don't get a speeding ticket
  • Clings to Bailey for dear life cause she's a terrible driver

@tag

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,543 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2019 21:25:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]nothing. all of their efforts have amounted to absolutely nothing. later, when she is lying awake in bed, the gut-wrench feel of hopelessness, of the painstakingly uselessness of her own actions, of everything she's ever worked for, washes over her, she will succumb. she will drown in the depths of her own mortality and then she will rise, a phoenix from the ashes, dragonfire in her belly and iron in her claws. she will make sure that she never feels this again.

lyune, feeling nervous, banks and gives them some space from the monster. but with aeris and sypha at their sides, twin dragons coiling through the air beside them, freya urges the dragon onward. claws grasp at the air as he surges faster, frills flattening against his head. 

sypha's shrill coo of warning comes before freya realizes what's happening. the dark pulse explodes from the ultra beast and suddenly her back is twisting painfully, neck cracking from whiplash as lyune twists. aeris slithers towards him and they move like water with each other; the dragonair's tail hooks in her saddle, wrenching her sideways, and suddenly lyune's scaled arms are around her. 

a shivering barrier of blue ripples from his arms, spreading across the immense dragon's form as he seeks to protect his companion and his draconic sisters. 

on the ground, her krookodile knows she's on her own. she dives for cover, seeking shelter under the debris they'd used only moments before in an attempt to slow down the best. 

ZN6|LKK1

notes
> aeris unhooks freya's saddle so lyune can cradle her and throw up a protect against the pulses
> krookodile dives for cover under debris
> ptsd boutta rock all they worlds LMAO
> arrows used: 4/15

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 3:48:06 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
III.III MOSSDEEP DOWNTOWN

[attr="class","aname2"]
MOSSDEEP MAYHEM: HARDCORE

[attr="class","ipad"]
MOD RAID POST!
[break][break]
everyone flees. everyone scrambles for PROTECT or whatever other variation they have. for the most part, it saves them but not completely. it can't.[break][break][break]

finds safety behind his dragonair but that doesn't last for long. the PROTECT comes up and fractures as a DRAGON PULSE splits the force-field completely. the integrity of the shield lasts long enough to render the damage minimal but they're forced back by the blast's impact. landing in a prone position, he brings out his spiritomb which promptly melts into the ground. its ethereal composition allows it to remain unharmed. when it materializes from the SHADOW SNEAK it places a CURSE upon the mysterious pokemon. at the cost of the pokemon's own well being, the CURSE starts to prick at the pokemon's condition. unfortunately, it's barely a tickle when weighted against the pokemon's overall durability. [break][break][break]

descends from above and the LIGHT SCREEN her drampa places helps buffer against the various streams of pulses that streak toward her. it buckles under the energy's touch and shatters instantly after, just like with 's PROTECT. the adrenaline of her drampa's BERSERK allows it to BULK UP enough to withstand being grazed by the blasts, twisting and turning as it crashes into the ground. she's not thrown off but lands in a rather rough manner, along with her voltorb. [break][break][break]

fares no better. the acute sense of her dragons PROTECT her from harm but only her. the salamance's PROTECT lasts as long as everyone else's— it doesn't. the barrier cracks and a DARK PULSE burns across the pokemon's backside. the intense energy rips into one of the pokemon's wings. while it doesn't cut through it entirely, with the way the wing is barely hanging onto what little flesh is left, it'll be rendered disabled permanently. with one wing down flight becomes becomes impossible. it starts to plummet. [break][break][break]

one of the dragonairs is safe, caught under the PROTECT prior to it breaking as the beam passes through. by the time the shield breaks, the beam had coursed passed, nailing the other dragonair with a direct hit. the attack is more than a graze but the pokemon is still alive. hurt, broken, and in pain, but alive nonetheless. it also plummets. only the unharmed dragonair can maintain flight but naturally it descends, trying its best to buffer the salamence and stop them from falling to their deaths. [break][break][break]

below, the two loner pokemon are left to fend for themselves. 's krookodile finds shelter among the rubble, left untouched by the passing energy beams. 's dunsparce is not so lucky. the pokemon does everything right— the DRILL RUN clears its path and it spills outside in its ROLLOUT. unfortunately, a large chunk of concrete lands on top of it, pinning it in place as it unravels from its ball form. a ragged edge of the debris penetrates the pokemon's flesh but it's still alive, trapped and hopeless as it starts to bleed out. [break][break][break]

while everyone else has to deal with the plight of being vaporized or blown away, three special individuals have a more pressing matter to attend to. the mysterious pokemon finally catches up to them, uncurling as it reverts to its previous form. try as it may, 's zebstrika is no match for the pokemon's raw speed. by the time it steadies itself on both legs, the trio are lurched around to face it. and can barely hang on as the zebstrika bounds forward with MAGNET RISE. the equine starts to ascend, repeatedly bouncing in mid-air as it gains an increasing amount of altitude. [break][break][break]

but that comes to an end when the pokemon BELCHES. a foul order bombards them with the force of a hurricane. up close, the expulsion literally tears all four of them apart, sending the three humans flying away from the heavier, magnetized pokemon. they all become dust in the wind, literally blown away. [break][break][break]

until it inhales. [break][break][break]

what goes up must come down. the mysterious pokemon inhales, pulling them back in with an even greater compulsion as they're subjected to the vacuum of the pokemon's SWALLOW. the rush of wind is deafening. not even sound can escape the void. the sudden change in direction inflicts a terrible sense of vertigo and all three of them feel the onset of nausea and a panic induced headache. what little they can make out is the zebstrika being the first victim, snapped up by one of the pokemon's pinsir like appendages, crushed into a splat of blood, flesh, and bones, before being tossed in. with their current speed, they'll meet their end inside before the pokemon has a chance to mince them up in the same fashion. [break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

[break]

[break][break]
  • uses his DRAGONAIR and PROTECT to shield him as he dives out of the beams trajectory. the DRAGON PULSE breaks the PROTECT but he's only pushed back by it. he brings out his SPIRITOMB and it SHADOW SNEAKS behind the ultra beast, using CURSE afterwards.
  • 's DRAMPA blastS the incoming chunks of buildings with DRAGON PULSE, PROTECTING against the smaller, splintered pieces. several shards pierce the shield and they both end up grazed. they descend, using LIGHT SCREEN to block the pulse attacks, which shatter the barrier instantly. her DRAMPA is grazed and plummets, avoiding the attacks the best it can. she lands roughly but not thrown off, returning the injured dragon before continuing.
  • 's DRAGONAIR warns them about the attack and her SALAMENCE shields them with its body. the PROTECT it brings up is enough to protect one DRAGONAIR but it shatters as the DARK PULSE passes through. it nails both her SALAMENCE and her other DRAGONAIR, critically injuring both to the point that neither can remain airborne. they both fall and presumably her other dragonair does its best to try to pull against all of them, decreasing the speed and impact of their abrupt descent.
  • 's KROOKODILE hides in the rubble and is untouched.
  • 's DUNSPARCE escapes from the collapsing building but gets bug splatted by a random piece of concrete.
  • the ultra beast uncurls from its GYROBALL to face , , as they turn around to try and leap over the huge pokemon. 's ZEBSTRIKA uses MAGNET RISE to leap higher and higher but they're all blown away by the pokemon's BELCH. it then sucks them in with SWALLOW, catching the zebstrika with an appendage and chewing on it thoroughly before throwing the remains in its mouth.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 6:07:32 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

VICTINI INTERVENES

[attr="class","aname2"]

A LEGENDARY ENTERS THE FRAY

[attr="class","ipad"]

TIME TO TURN THE TIDES?!
[break][break][break]

is flung around like a rag doll. the zebstrika is torn to shreds and soon the researcher will join it. the influx of air beckons him toward the abyss and there is nothing he can do to tear away. this is above him now. his fate is sealed, stolen by happenstance. [break][break][break]

this is still too early— but their FINAL GAMBIT is also their LAST RESORT.[break][break][break]

"LUCAS NOOOOOOOOOO!"[break][break]
[break]

their last hope burns passionately. a SEARING SHOT erupts from lucas' chest. it propels him in the opposite direction while killing the flow of air. and are launched backwards. lucas remains, held in place by the pokemon's psychic power as it finally manifests into its true form.[break][break]
[break]

[break][break][break]

the STORED POWER is put to the test and the pokemon emits immense PRESSURE from its FOCUS ENERGY. a cloak of flames radiate from the pokemon's body as it OVERHEATS, pulsing as HEAT WAVES wash over it and lash out at the opposing pokemon. [break][break][break]

lucas it expelled backwards as victini takes the stage.[break][break][break]

"i'm putting an end to this!"[break][break][break]

another FLAME BURST throbs from the pokemon's core and a SEARING SHOT shoots straight into the guzzlord's mouth. it SWALLOWS the attack and ignites spontaneously. it may have SWALLOWED the attack but that doesn't stop it from being INCINERATED by victini's VICTORY STAR.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the ultra beast stammers backwards, crying in a terrible SCREECH as it burns from the inside out. the misery of the pokemon's wailing matches the destruction its caused. [break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

"hope is not lost. we can win this!"[break][break][break]

the thought is relayed to everyone in downtown. [break][break][break]

"victory is in sight. do not give up. we will triumph!"[break][break][break]

in a blink the pokemon disappears, streaking like a comet as it charges straight for the pokemon with a FLARE BLITZ aimed squarely for it's small head. [break][break][break]

[break]

[break][break]

• victini finally manifests!
  • and and thrown backwards and away from the guzzlord's mouth.
  • victini starts to charge its power up and lashes out with HEAT WAVE.
  • it fires a tremendous SEARING SHOT straight into the ultra beast's open mouth. the pokemon swallows it all but ignites on fire afterwards.
  • the guzzlord is stammering backwards as it burns.
  • victini charges forward with a FLARE BLITZ.

[break][break]