hounds of zaroff [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hounds of zaroff [m]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 7:40:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","blips"]
[attr="class","blipstop"]
[attr="class","blipstopimg"]

[attr="class","blipstoplyric"]bad moon rising

[attr="class","blipstoplyric2"]I see a bad moon a-rising. I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lightnin' I see bad times today. Don't go 'round tonight, it's bound to take your life. There's a bad moon on the rise. I hear hurricanes a-blowing. I know the end is coming soon. I fear rivers overflowing. I hear the voice of rage and ruin. I hope you got your things together. I hope you are quite prepared to die. Look's like we're in for nasty weather, one eye is taken for an eye. Bad moon on the rise.

[attr="class","blipstop2"]

[attr="class","blipstop21"]mission

[attr="class","blipstop22"]secure

[attr="class","blipstop21"]TAGGED

[attr="class","blipstop22"] ,

@pharaohleap

[attr="class","blipstop21"]NOTES

[attr="class","blipstop22"]prisoner npc

[attr="class","blipstop23"]

[attr="class","blipsmid"]

“Okay,” and Zacharias' voice was drowned out by the sound of broken glass—his glee evident by the deep, chest shaking laughter that would spill with each shred of effort this prisoner exerted as they made their escape.[break][break]

They had hoped that the darkness could have worked to their benefit—at night, when the lights of Slateport were still unlit, anyone could believe themselves to be safe beneath this black, all-present cowl.[break][break]

The Rocket Tracker never moved from his perch, watching from afar as the League Member struggled to remove the broken glass from their leg. The poor fool had jumped through a window just to ensure their escape from the confines of their cell. They had only hindered their efforts—all that blood would leave a trail, wouldn't it?[break][break]

When the desperation was palpable, it only made Zacharias all the more eager.[break][break]

Hostages were income—their lives were frequently exchanged for money from within the depths of Slateport. Families eager to be reunited with their loved ones would spill their coin purses as fast as their tears if it meant a hasty reunion. [break][break]

Those that were captured were corralled, kept in the rotting ruins of what had once been the pride of Hoenn. There were too many to keep track of. There were too many grunts that were eager to try and cash in, adding to the inflated numbers. If one or two slipped through this system, it was nothing remarkable...[break][break]

But escapes had become more frequent, cutting into the bottom line. That was when he was asked to step in, just to join the fun.[break][break]

“Hope you'll make it further than the last one,” and he waved goodbye, knowing that he was nothing more than a speck of dark in the distance, too far to be seen.[break][break]

But not for long.[break][break]

His eyes were still narrowed with blithe as the binoculars were handed back to the figure next to him. If so many escapes were successful, then that could only mean one thing: the League had operatives posted in the city, waiting to collect those that were able to escape from their captors.[break][break]

Smuggling was not the League's forte.

[attr="class","blipsbot"]

I FEAR RIVERS OVERFLOWING. I HEAR THE VOICE OF RAGE AND RUIN.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.blips]border:solid 35px #252525;width:480px;background-color:#393939;color:#848484;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop]padding:35px;height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg]float:left;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #848484;margin-right:15px;height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstopimg img]height:100px;width:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric]font:bold 30px Roboto;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:25px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstoplyric2]font:9px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#5a5a5a;text-transform:uppercase;height:60px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop2]background-color:#252525;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop21]font:bold 12px Roboto;color:#999999;line-height:12px;padding-bottom:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22]font:bold 22px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:-1px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop22 a]font:bold 22px Roboto;line-height:20px;color:#dddddd!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23]position:absolute;height:35px;padding:30px;margin:-65px 0px 0px -302px;width:420px;background-color:#444444;color:#dddddd;font:12px Roboto;opacity:0;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipstop23:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid]margin:0px -35px;border-left:solid 35px #424242;border-right:solid 35px #424242;padding:35px 35px;background-color:#393939;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid i]color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsmid b]color:#bbbbbb;font:bold 11px roboto;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blipsbot]background-color:#252525;color:#dddddd;font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:15px;padding:35px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
hounds of zaroff [m]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2019 14:56:35 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
he cocks his head to the side, his long gaze narrow-eyed and almost contemplative as he watches the figure run, stumble, rise and move forward again. dominic can almost smell the desperation; blood-slicked and covered in cold sweat.

to think someone would have the audacity to attempt an escape without pokemon. stupidity or bravado, he's not sure. he's even less sure about what to do with escapees. he's confident that between the pair of them they could run down almost everyone. the real problem is that his pokemon are trained to go for the jugular.

you can't really ransom a dead body.

at zacharias' words, dominic's lips quirk into something like mockery of a smile that doesn't quite displace the scowl; just a flash of glinting, too-pointed teeth.

"let them run," he says eventually, laconic, as he accepts the binoculars and peers at the figure with great interest.

the prisoner seems to be heading in a specific, pre-determined location. he makes the inference based on how the prisoner actually seemed to actually pay attention to street signs and markers, pausing their breakneck run to survey their surroundings and what vaguely looks like it could be a slip of paper.

"let's go meet their friends. i love reunions."

@zacharias +

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hounds of zaroff [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2019 18:58:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@zacharias,

words

notes
:eyes:

Alarm bells had gone off in his head—this was insanely dangerous, what he was doing. But there had been a distress signal sent out—and since, like always, he was the fucking closest to the area, he had to go.

Despite the fact that he was a Ranger, and not an official. Maybe that would make a difference? But he knew that Rockets never discriminate. He had to go in, get there fast enough, and hopefully help the one who’d managed to make a getaway get out of the city safely.

But here was the thing:

He didn’t know he was up against an Underboss. He had no idea what he was getting into.

But maybe, this was what he needed…

Something to numb the pain he was still reeling over, from losing one of his long-time Pokémon partners. But anyway.

A quick click of a Dusk Ball popped his Dusknoir forward, front and center. “Nero, hide yourself and scout around. If you see the one on the run, make sure that whatever’s chasing them… just try not to get into trouble, okay? I’ll follow, he said and with a single nod the Ghost-type vanished, heading off in the direction of where the distress signal was last spotted.

Much as he wanted to bust out Ro, he wanted to save that for the grand finale—and he hoped there was no need for that. A few moments later he’d decided on Javert, his Flygon, instead.

“Let’s go. I’m going to need your help,” he continued, waiting as the dual-type lowered himself enough for Lars to get on, before flying through the cover of the darkness.

Hopefully he wasn’t too late…

Dusknoir out and scouting ahead!
Lars is on Flygon's back, aerial.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]