6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2019 4:03:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
despite all the weird gimmicks that the gym had, he supposed it wasn't strange for it to result in a battle for the finale. he wasn't sure if it was normal to stress a challenger out if everything comes out as a test of strength in the end.

he recalls the mightyena he had for the battle, standing on its legs barely with a look of relief on its face when his trainer finally pulls out its pokeball. he wouldn't have imagined being forced to use bravo in a singles battle and having ease with using him much better than his other mightyena.

on the other side of the field was arian's.

the mightyena he has wouldn't have bested his without having to rely on their own tricks, which he supposed the gym leader wasn't prepared for. it was good, he supposed, cause that was his only win condition. power wasn't exactly on his side for this match.

"and that's the end of it, i guess."

he watches the gym leader from afar, carefully watching what he was supposed to do next. arian was weird, he knows, so kyle wasn't sure if the protocol he has on his gym differs from the others he has known so far.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 22:35:39 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","starrytop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]returning MEOWTH back to his ball. he'd gently stroke the top of its pokeball. "you did good, friend." placing the ball back into his pocket. he'd bring focus unto kyle. "that was a fun one, i didn't think there was such a tamer out there able to wield not one but multiple mightyena! you've trained them well, but it's sad to say that your lucks ran out." arian chuckled.

placing meowth's ball a way. he'd reach into the pocket of his jacket to pull out his final selection: starmie. "we're going all in on this gamble, starmie to the field!" calling out his gem. starmie emerged before the mightyena. "my specialization is turning the odds in my favor--no matter what. and this will be our last dance, win or lose; all or nothing. starmie has no intention of losing." extending the palm of his right hand, "the house offers you the first move, challenger."

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-star"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
meowth fainted.
starmie was called out.
let's get our battle freak on.
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://images.imgbox.com/24/eb/0OwbgBF6_o.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext b]color:#6794e7;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 15:32:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"wait, there's another one?" kyle clearly did not read the gym description.

although the mightyena he would consider to be offensive were not knocked out completely, he might as well consider them to be since a single move would be enough to sweep them off their feet. he considers his choices, releasing the only other mightyena he assumes to be capable of straight up dueling.

then again, they have the type advantage. maybe he shouldn't be worrying too much. still, he can't help but be wary.

almost panicking, he releases another one of his mightyena. at this point, he wasn't sure if arian was getting tired of battling one mightyena after the other consecutively.

"t-thanks, i guess. toxic, bravo!"

regurgitating, poison began to seep through his jaws. the mightyena would spray it in a wide arc, increasing the area of effect and limiting the starmie's chances of possibly dodging the move.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 2:51:18 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]clever, "mimic." but not clever. copying the mightyena. starmie would expel a poisonous liquid from the tips of its right, left, and top appendage. copying the mightyena and clashing the wide arc with its own, but that was merely from the right and left tip. starmie had also expelled the poisonous liquid from the tip of its, shooting it toward the mightyena and attempting to hit full on in the face.

whether it worked or not was unknown. but, regardless of the mightyena's chosen maneuver, starmie would follow up with, "cosmic power." the telekinetic water began to emit a strange, chromatic light around its body. the jewel at its center, which was it face, shone brighter. "up next?" arian welcomed the male with a smile to try for another attempt.

[attr="class","ooc"]
starmie used mimic(toxic).
starmie used cosmic power.

[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://images.imgbox.com/24/eb/0OwbgBF6_o.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 16:30:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"protect!"

kyle can't have his mightyena afflicted by the same status condition so soon in the battle. protect is his get-out-of-jail card, though it's not something that can be used repeatedly. using it early reveals so much of his choices to the enemy, but he knows it's the correct decision.

the mightyena conjures a protective bubble around it as the poison was fired off. the time it took bravo to break his momentum gave the starmie enough time to increase its defenses.

kyle thought he'd be the one giving arian the countdown, but with the risk of getting his starmie's defenses up, he, too, needed to act fast despite the countermeasure he had set up.

"crunch, bravo."

while the starmie glistened with its weird lights, the dark-type rushed forward swiftly, legs closing the distance between him and the starmie in a few seconds. a maw opened, aiming to do a drive-by with a large bite to the starmie's side and throwing it in a way that it hits against the floor.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 17:52:06 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]"stand your ground." starmie's right appendage would be taken hold of by the mightyena's maw. "toxic." simultaneously, starmie would, once more, utilize the move toxic. spraying poisonous liquid into the mightyena's eyes that emerged from the starmie's top appendage. pushing the devilish dark-type several meters away, the gap quite wide.

sadly, the dual-type had to sacrifice the cosmic shield that had been placed up, and now broken, for an offensive maneuver. arian, with a shrugging sigh, said, "never say die when you can try, haha! now that's what i like to see, kyle!" this was fun. kyle was an entertaining guy, it'd been sometime since he found a gym battle this entertaining.

"recover." starmie began to glow a white color, it's wound healing. "i think your luck's ran just about out." starmie was one of mateo's toughest pokemon. it was versatile and unique. this battle could go on forever for the telekinetic water. "my job as a gym leader isn't to make this battle an easy fight. if you wanna get to the top, you need to prove yourself first. it's not about defeating starmie, it's about impressing me and showing me why you deserve my badge." stretching his body, he'd look toward the mightyena. wondering what it's next play would be.

[attr="class","ooc"]
starmie used mimic(toxic).
starmie used recover.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 18:00:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
out of kyle's mightyena, he would say that bravo was the one that's been acclimated to poison the most. it doesn't diminish the damage it does to his systems though.

the poison stirs something in the mightyena that forces him to increase his speed. quick feet activates.

"keep going, bravo."

the mightyena would turn and meet the starmie in the eye(?) and then throw himself forward. he disappears in a blur with the increased speed. using the momentum from the suddenly acceleration of his body, he'd force himself towards the starmie without wasting any moment.

soon enough, he'd be in front of the psychic-type, ready to take it down under his own weight and attack its weak spot with a precise crunch.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 19:26:07 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]"it disappeared?!" that was unexpected. now it was even faster than before. and that's something you can't mimic. now this was exciting, the thought of losing. having the tides turned on him. it was so fulfilling, intense. it was...it was...it was..."euphoric!"

his face became enraptured, cheeks turning brightly red. "i figured it out, i figured it out, i figured it out." arian repeated, chuckling as he figured out the male's game. eyes squint with a sheepish grin as starmie became pinned down, nearing to meet its fate with an intense bite. it wasn't until mightyena's surprise assault startled even starmie, causing the pokemon to unveil its own ability: illuminate.

a bright, white flash of light would intensely shine at the center of its jewel. taking the dog by surprise with how close it was, blinding them. no matter what type, human, or pokemon you were, it was only a natural reaction for anyone up close to turn their head from something so bright. which would be enough to give starmie a chance to retaliate with, "ice beam!" with a charge sphere of blue energy, the mightyena, had it chosen to not move, would be met with an icy cold beam that would force the pokemon off. but, had it chose to move, starmie would quickly stand back up on its feet with a new command given, "use ice beam on the ground and cover half the field in ice."

with the new command issued. starmie would do just that. and it was either the mightyena ran off to kyle's side of the field or they would have a hard time keeping their balance during their high speed run. after all, they were mere dark-types not snow dogs.

[attr="class","ooc"]
mightyena startled starmie, causing it to use its ability illuminate.
starmie used ice beam.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2019 14:39:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
bravo was a one-trick pony unlike his other mightyena. he does his job well, but when pinned down against the odds, the only thing he could do is to push his limits and do better.

a yelp escapes the mightyena as the bright light blinds him. kyle could see visible signs of panic starting to rise from his pokemon's behavior, though stern words from the trainer get the pokemon to calm down.

"you have other senses. use them."

bravo gets back on his footing from the starmie. arian's words would start issuing a command to his starmie, though kyle tried to drown it with his. "play rough!" he says. it didn't work, however, as the starmie still executed the move.

the ray of ice would throw the mightyena away from the starmie, blinded and being unable to see the attack coming. he'd cough up venom as he'd get back to his feet. frost clung on his fur, eyes closed from being blinded and poison was still working its way on his system. nonetheless bravo remained resilient despite the damage sustained.

as soon as he recovered from the attack, another burst of speed would bring the dark-type to the starmie, guided by his acute sense of smell and hearing. he attempts to take down the dual-type, pinning it against the ground under his weight.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 2:01:32 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]it was like a gambling match. he made the signs too obvious. the only danger to starmie was toxic and crunch, but to use toxic in a way to enhance his speed. that definitely caught arian by surprise, it even earned him the badge--win or lose. this battle was fun, exhilarating even. he didn't want it to stop anytime soon.

"psychic!" with physical speed on kyle's side, they'd have to improvise. starmie utilized psychic upon its body, throwing itself into the air as if he were being shot right out of a rocket. "ice beam from above!" aiming for the mightyena down below, a stream of ice was released, had it chosen to dodge, that was fine, for there was a hidden goal. and that was to cover the field in ice.

but from that one spot targeted starmie simply made an ice tower for it to land on. the tower's height was 12 feet tall, half of the ceiling's own--which was 24 feet tall. it was tall enough to keep starmie away from the speedy dog, had it attempted to climb the tower. it would be met swiftly with a barrage of ice beam's. for now, arian had given its next command, "CAMOUFLAGE!" starmie's body color would become beige. shifting not only its physical appearance, but its typing as well to NORMAL.

[attr="class","ooc"]
starmie used psychic.
starmie used ice beam.
starme used camouflage.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 16:19:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his mightyena crashed onto the ground as the starmie carried itself away from his path with psychic. by the time the canine was able to stand on its fours, the temporary blindness has fortunately passed. unfortunately, he was met with a series of attacks.

the first one was dodged, turning into a pillar for the starmie to perch on.

kyle would start to panic, though it wouldn't manifest on his exterior. bravo had no answer to ranged battles but to defend. toxic damage was a win condition, but he doesn't know who between the two would succumb to it first. in a sense, it put him to a time limit. time limits put him on the edge. bring on the edge gets him excited. he doesn't like getting excited.

"protect."

he decides to stall until the damage from the toxins start to worsen. he could try to recover from the damage, but it won't stop the progressive nature of the poison. worst case scenario, kyle still has another pokemon in the back that could also stall.

the ice beam hits the force field projected from the mightyena, making an icy dome on one surface of the protect while mists starts to flow as the protect dissipates part of the ice beam.

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
warp star [p]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 6:52:47 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]"starmie, standby." a serious look was given. he'd direct a stern gaze toward kyle. "kyle and mightyena..." he'd clasp his hands together. "you both pass!" rosy cheeks and an innocent smile were thrown their way. starmie would jump off of the pillar, returning to arian's side of the field.

"you passed with flying colors. you surprised me with that ability. if starmie didn't have psychic it would've been a goner, that was honestly our saving grace." no matter how much starmie spammed recover. it would eventually turn into a rinse and repeat situation until the mightyena ran out of stamina or succumbed to its toxins. "many people would underestimate your mightyena--i know i'm one of those people. considering my gym specifically focuses on psychic primarily, ghosts secondary, and trickery tertiary overall, i made sure to possess a counter against something like simple dark-type: starmie." but that wasn't the topic of discussion, the topic of discussion was his performance.

"kyle, you have something about you that makes me intrigued. as much as i'd like to have you as a gym trainer, i honestly think you belong on a higher stage." that higher stage was something he'd have to figure out on his own. arian, of course, believed he possessed potential to become an elite four--champion even. "you think quick on your feet, but aren't very well accustomed to the unexpected--especially when you're in a pinch, you should work on that more. you have a poker face, use it. don't let your opponent see you tense up in a sturggle, it shows you lack confidence in your pokemon's ability to handle an unexpected dilemma." plus, a calm demeanor fits him more.

"if you plan to challenge the league someday and become a champion or member of the elite four," this was just an assumption, why else would he be challenging the gyms, "you'd do best to work on upholding a more confidant personality. it's okay to be confidant in your skills, just don't get too cocky." arian winked. he'd reach into his suit jacket, pulling out a badge.

walking over, he'd say, "and with that being said, i'd like to award you the GREED BADGE!" a gentle smile, he'd add, "please come by kings dominion anytime, and make sure to bring a date. we have happy hours on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays!" he'd add, "make sure you don't bring that ." he was still secretly salty from their previous gym battle. those windows aren't paying for themselves.

[attr="class","ooc"]
congratulations!