2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
infestation . [ private ]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2019 20:40:48 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
it was barely past midnight when miss alfric was called. supposedly a silent alarm had been tripped and she was informed shortly after that someone or something had breached a formerly sealed area located within the depths of new mauville.

"don't bother with sending in a team."

cait spoke as she pulled on a pair of denim trousers and a shirt. her phone was propped up on her shoulder as she nonchalantly addressed the person on the other end. 

"
i'll deal with it personally.

she had donned a comfortable pair of socks and laced her tennis shoes before pulling her hair into a ponytail and making her way toward new mauville's primary entrance. six pokemon accompanied her as she descended into the formerly abandoned area, each creature contained within a red and white capsule. 

"
let's see if we can't find our culprit," cait said.

'i really do need to install a proper security system down here - cameras and all. it's not enough to have alarms when there's no visuals to go along with it.' 

she clicked her tongue as she unhurriedly made her way down a poorly lit hall, the lights above flickering as the bulbs struggled to remain functional. 

"
you're somewhere around here."

her green-eyed gaze slid from the left to the right.  

"
but where?

@mimikyu

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2019 1:59:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mikami Nakamura wasn't dead yet. This, in and of itself, was a comfort to him; that his heart was still there, beating in his chest as he slunk low to the ground, trying to mask his presence. He didn't know why exactly he found being alive so comforting, but given his brush with possible death a while back he figured it was best to count his blessings and make sure he kept his head on straight while he still had it on his shoulders. This place seemed to be abandoned, but he couldn't be too careful, especially when he looked back on the disaster that occurred the last time he attempted to do something much like this; he shuddered at the thought, his bony hand shaking even as he tried to make it stop. The skeletal man mopped the sweat from his brow and sighed, looking around. There didn't seem to be much of use here; it was disappointing, considering he'd come all the way here to find..something. Anything worth taking home with him, really. 

Nakamura brushed his long bangs from his eyes and released each of his Pokemon in turn; his Mimikyu, his Golisopod, his Beedrill, and-of course-his beloved Magikarp, the smallest and weakest of his little squadron. He cradled the Magikarp in the crook of his skinny arm, and each of his other Pokemon flanked his sides, ready to attack when(or if) he gave the signal. His Mimikyu seemed to be the most eager to fight, eyes shining with mischief under its cloth as it slipped into his shadow, tail wagging to and fro. That was when Nakamura followed his Pokemon's gaze, finding that someone else-he couldn't see them very clearly from here-was entering this place. Walking right down the hallway towards them, also flanked by multiple Pokemon. 

The man didn't want to give himself away so easily; if this was a fellow Rocket member, they'd have said or done something by now to alert him. He figured it was a League member, but why would one be all the way out here, in a dump like this? Nakamura figured it was best to not dwell on it, though the thought bothered him as he slunk low to the ground, his long legs tense as he slowly dropped into a crouch. He glanced over at his Mimikyu and Beedrill-his most bloodthirsty Pokemon-and shook his head, warning them to not attack out of the blue. Mimikyu's rags drooped slightly in disappointment, and his Beedrill shot him an annoyed, red-eyed glower. Nakamura kept his mouth shut, and tried to remain quiet, moving out of the darkness cautiously, though not cautiously enough...
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2019 17:28:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait's eyes narrowed, the look upon her face growing increasingly suspicious as she took stock of her immediate surroundings.

'it doesn't feel like i'm alone.'

her sixth sense buzzed within the confines of her skull, as though it desperately sought to alert her that there was something worth being wary about just around the corner. 

'i'll need to get ready, then.' 

she reached for her belt and plucked up a single capsule, a bright light soon taking leave of the containment device before gradually forming into the hulking shape of a dragonite. 

"with me, dragonite," she said. 

the pokemon offered a subtle nod in response to the simple order before proceeding to maintain a position at his mistress's as they walked. 

"
is there anyone here?"

cait boldly announced herself as well as her position as she called out, the young woman assured by the presence of her dragon-type.

"
it'd be in your best interest to come out and submit yourself for questioning," she warned. 

both her and dragonite peered into one dark and dusty room after another as they traversed the lengthy stretch of hallway.

"
this area is off-limits," she said, her voice almost sing-song. "the longer you hide the worse it'll be - i assure you of that.

the dual-type was the first to detect movement, his antennae twitching as he released a low and deep rumble which originated from the depths of his throat.

"
hm?"

cait turned her head and stared hard into a patch of shadow, a thin figure appearing to be in the midst of emerging from it. her face split into a pleased grin as she raised her voice to address the stranger.

"
so there is someone down here with me! i was a little worried that i was talking to myself."   

@mimikyu