6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2019 7:24:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he arrives at the front door of the commissioner's household.

casual clothing as opposed to the official league uniform was worn by the officer. he assumes the invitation wasn't for work-related business as the meeting was set up on a weekend instead. part of him still was unsure if his deductions were right. worrying about it simply vexes him.

he'd rather stay at home and avoid a confrontation with a high ranking individual altogether, but he wasn't the type to deny any gestures of acquainting themselves to him, if he can consider this instance as that. he hasn't even seen her since the incident, and even then, she wasn't exactly in a condition for him to introduce himself to her.

there also was a chance that this simply was a ploy from someone he knows to get him to check on her and make it look like he took the initiative, but he'd rather not believe that this was all an elaborate trick.

kyle decides it wasn't worth the stress, however, and knocks as soon as he reaches the door. "hello, hello," he calls from outside.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 5:14:39 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

kyle doesn't receive an answer from inside.

instead, a woman's voice rings out from the back, like a cool splash of water in the day's sweltering sun. something slithers through the lawn, accompanied by light footsteps.

"helloooo," pulling a garden hose—in the design of a cute snivy's markings—dahlia waves, her sun hat bending softly in places on the brim, catching sunlight and casting curtains of shadow, "oh! mr. lopez! is it that time already..."

she pulls out her phone. immediately, she squints, the visibility of the screen marred by the intense daylight. her head reels back, eyes wide.

"so sorry! let me change into something else, hah!" dahlia laughs, a flush to her cheeks—though one can imagine it is due to the hard garden work instead—as she fixes the strap to her distressed denim overalls. "do you want me to meet you inside? the backdoor's open."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 11:04:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he doesn't think much of the inconvenience brought by being asked to come in from the back. he could relate to her at least, and at least his visit does not appear to be too serious if he was to judge with her initial response.

a confused "oh, sure," was all he could respond to the gesture with.

the inside was much better than waiting under the sun. although work usually requires him to spend his time outside the comfort of air-conditioned rooms, he knows that his natural habitat is indoors. he already was adapted to the outdoors but it doesn't mean he loves it.

his eyes linger to her plants as he proceeds to walk to the back. "do you need help in there?" he wishes that she says no out of courtesy after his question. he only asked since it seemed to be the normal thing to say after all.

kyle enters the house from the backdoor, just as dahlia had suggested.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2019 1:27:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia laughs, each fluttery note of her voice like a dismissive hand. "oh no... don't trouble yourself with helping me." she claps her gloved hands, the fertile dirt that she dabbled in scattering in soft clouds.

as soon as kyle enters the home, dahlia strips out of her overalls. she wears a simple pair of shorts underneath, and her white shirt, smudged in patches with garden dirt, breathes freely. she folds the overalls neatly—no doubt in the KonMari method of a neat rectangle—and places them in the garden shed.

with a hum, she slips inside into the room kyle is in. it's a wider living room compared to the one towards the front of the house; a grand piano rests unplayed in the corner and a dormant fireplace faces a lavish leather couch, its legs curled up in fanciful designs.

"sorry for the wait!" dahlia says, still in charming disarray. she dabs herself down with a handkerchief. "i've heard so many great things about you, mr. lopez. i just needed to meet you for myself."

her stoutland lazily peers in from a nearby hallway, the doorframe looking impossibly narrow compared to its fluffy overcoat. with a slight expression of surprise, dahlia ushers the dog away.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON May 7, 2019 10:43:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"p-please don't patronize me," he'd reply, trying to keep his flustered expression under control.

his nose would sense the distinctive scent of dog in the area. eyes would immediately shift his attention away from dahlia to her stoutland, feeling a bit disappointed when she ushered it away. nonetheless, he tried not to show it to the host. "you got a good choice for a pet," he'd remark, before dismissing it entirely.

"but what are these... great things exactly?"

he couldn't help his curiosity get the better of him when he tries to pry from dahlia.

he hasn't done anything remarkable during his entire career on his opinion, besides maybe the mission that required getting miss goode out of rocket territory. even then, he hasn't done anything proactive during the entire thing.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON May 30, 2019 4:44:19 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"if you think that's patronizing," dahlia waves a finger as she glides in, "then we need to help each other learn how to take compliments!"

seeing her stoutland mope away, dahlia is pleased at the privacy. she remains oblivious to kyle's disappointment, blinded by the sunshine of an afternoon's work in the garden-- and the handsome man in her home.

"his name's wilfred." dahlia says before pulling the ribbon of a white lie from her tongue. "he needs to eat his lunch!"

clasping her thin fingers on kyle's shoulders, she ferries the man to a nearby sofa seat as if he were on wheels.

"make yourself comfortable!" dahlia chimes before settling into her own seat across from him. "oh, well! aside from the obvious, you risked your life for slateport- and is that not something to be praised?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 18:24:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that is... true, i guess," he agrees. "i don't think i've done as much as the-" he stops himself as he notices himself being negative once more.

he allows himself to be led to his seat. he takes a moment to take in the furnishing, eyes wandering the room. it has been a while since he has been in a living room that wasn't filled with objects and dog toys littered around, he supposed.

"speaking of slateport..."

the smile replaces the worried scowl on his face, eyes meeting dahlia's as he got himself in a comfortable position: back reclined and legs crossed. he was the guest, and it was his responsibility not to bother the host too much.

"you're awfully fine talking about it. i expected, i dunno, traumatic experiences to not have that effect or something."

the tone held not a hint of suspicion, but of teasing. perhaps it was tactless, but kyle had been very curious about it since he helped bring their commissioner back.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 6:29:56 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia's gaze falls. like a damaged feather abandoned by its bird, it drifts in sad swings before resting on the cold floor. it's a brief moment. a second of contemplation. she's unafraid to expose herself within this echo of trauma. nightmares still haunt her. menacing shadows thrown by the cursed candle of memory, flickering in devilish designs that render her limbs weak with the phantoms of a relationship lost and broken.

"i am fine. becoming fine." dahlia corrects herself. "sometimes, it is... difficult, but i'm getting help."

her eyes match his, bright and big with concern like the flowers of her garden. with the lightest sigh, dahlia mirrors kyle's comfort, crossing her long legs at a lazy angle.

"but are you okay?" dahlia asks. "do you have anyone to talk to about your experiences? a close friend, perhaps?" she weaves her fingers together and arches them like a church roof.

"i have to admit... ever since my return, it has been difficult to find people i can trust."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 17:26:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he doesn't talk much about the incident. even if someone asked, he usually remains tight-lipped on the matter. he supposed there was eve, but it was mostly to keep her from doing anything reckless.

he isn't allowed to talk about his connection to her, however.

"the worst thing to happen to me so far is slateport thing..." his eyes would stare up the ceiling as he tried to recollect worse memories. nothing came up though. "i... didn't really think it's something to talk about though."

he had friends, perhaps more than what he needed. he doesn't know if they would consider him close enough to warrant him talking about his worries, however. besides, he wasn't really the type to open up to people unless prompted, and not everyone prompts him to do so.

he survived in the end, and that's all that mattered.

confronted by dahlia's own insecurities, kyle begins to get nervous once more. "t-that's only natural, right?" he couldn't say he understood her. the circumstances behind her experience vastly differs his own. "you have them, right? confidants?"

he starts scratching the back of his head, mumbling. "now i feel bad for getting this topic up."

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2019 0:03:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia removes herself from her seat. slowly. a quiet glide to the corner of the coffee table, resting her rear there as she carefully moves to cradle kyle's hands.

should he choose to accept her gesture, kyle would find her soft hold to resonate gently with the pulse of nurturance. she leans forth, eyes balmy and natural in their glance.

"oh, don't feel bad! she laughs. "you see. i'm not quite sure if i do." dahlia quickly catches herself. "or if i have enough. and so, i suppose that i am trying to articulate that... i'm looking for an ally in you."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2019 14:59:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was taken aback. not by her words, however, but with her action. he was never a touchy-feely person, only being fine with close friends doing so. it wasn't an understatement to say that he froze on the spot.

he stiffens and allows dahlia to take the lead. her voice gets him to soften up in the end.

"that's already a given," he points out. "everyone under the league is supposed to answer to you, yes?"

he was right, technically speaking. he understands if dahlia's stay under the hands of rocket changes her perspective or something similar that would explain her statement though.

"why is there a need to specifically call me your ally though?" he questions, before realizing that his tone may not be fitting for someone who talks to his superior. he scratches the back of his head once more with his free hand before resetting his tone with another statement.

"not that i reject that proposition. i've no reason to say no anyways."

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 5:28:58 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia's head leans back in a brief flourish of laughter. her warm hands are still around kyle's as if to anchor her to him should her bubbly giggle lift her away. as she returns, her blonde curls fall lazily across her cheeks.

she releases him and her hands settle quietly on her lap.

"you've built quite the reputation!" dahlia says. "don't you realize? people speak highly of you! and your dogs too."

she casts a quick look toward wilfred, her stoutland, who rests lazily in the kitchen. against the island, his massive back rises slowly like a moving mountain.

a lively swing returns her gaze back to him. "i've heard that you'll be taking stone's place as rustboro's gym leader?"

a light breath escapes her lips. a moment's hesitance before exposure.

"i confess... that when i came back and noticed three silphs occupying stations of power, admittedly, i became quite worried. and i still am! even with alexander's departure." she rubs her hands with the softest care, as if nursing a pulsing wound stretched around them. "in case anything happens... i just want to know that there are people who will take my side."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2019 17:38:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the gym leader position is usually assigned by the league. he doesn't know the whole process, but he could take a good guess of how it happens.

"wait, who decides on those things?" he asks. "this is the first time i've heard of it."

taking challengers in would be one thing. he probably won't mind being stuck at one place waiting for nothing all day. having the responsibility of being in charge of an entire city-- rustboro on top of that-- was something else however. he can't see himself in that position at all.

"c-can you tell them to reconsider these things?" he pleads dahlia.

his mind was still stuck on the topic of being a gym leader. he would have considered it a joke had it come from anyone else, but he can't imagine the commissioner to do so, or at least, in the middle of a request from her.

kyle sat stiff as he processes the information he heard, though he he manages to react to the last part dahlia had said.

"just know i hold hoenn's best interest in high regard so don't you worry about where my loyalties lie."

it begs to differ the question however. kyle does not manage to keep it inside for too long. he shifts his seating position before he utters the question.

"do you think the silphs don't?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2019 5:46:10 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"gym leaders can be appointed by the league- but more often, it is the municipality's duty." dahlia's hands knit together in stillness. "however, leaders can appoint their successors and stone suggested that you'd be a suitable replacement."

a spark of movement announces her shifting glance. her demure shade hardens with an assertive, knowing confidence. this is charisma, perhaps. or a seamy shift in costume.

"oh, i have." dahlia says about her correspondence with stone. "i'm one step ahead of you!" the tongue is restrained. she keeps it carefully posed behind her smile.

kyle asks a dangerous question. it's here, that her platform stands on the precarious political pillar. and yet, her heart compels her to commit the paranoid fault.

"i didn't say that." dahlia snakes. "from my experience... political dynasties harbor alarming consequences. they consolidate power. create a culture of selfish preservation." she is the one to beg now. not with her voice, but with her eyes. "and these dynasties make it oh so difficult for new talent⁠—new talent like you⁠—to shine through."

a beat.

"and that's why, i've told alexander to reconsider." dahlia teases.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,444 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
naimononedari [p/m/de]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2019 16:14:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a faint smile appears at what he assumed to be a praise. being called a new talent was a good thing, he supposed. he's aware that he's focusing on the wrong things, however.

there was a moment of silence after he was comforted by the fact that a heavy responsibility was not going to be put upon him. a sigh of relief was all that sounded from him before he jolts up, straightening his posture on his seat. hands clasped on his knees as he opened his mouth to ask the question that suddenly occurred to him.

"what, what's happening to alex? why am i supposed to take his position in the first place again?"

retiring? he hoped not. he had been doing his job as a gym leader well and kyle has yet to notice any blunders on his part ever since being stationed at rustboro. kyle doesn't pry much about the gym leader's life to know if something was happening.

"perhaps i should have asked that first..." he'd muse out loud, scratching his chin.