Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Examination (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2019 18:42:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

It had been days since the incident in Slateport. Though the mission itself was, by all accounts, a success, it came at a hefty price. The media had "mysteriously" obtained footage of a skirmish with two Rocket Grunts that ended with one losing their hands, before both were roasted alive by a Fire Spin. Several of their Pokemon had died in the process of the rescue, with only Kyle Lopez coming out without losses. And the worst loss was the life of Lao Seval, who was unable to escape the warehouse during the ensuing explosion.

Of course, the media ran with the footage of the skirmish, attempting to paint the two drunken Rockets as innocents. The higher ups would be demanding answers as to why there was a media circus on their hands. So Thomas was to meet with a fellow Sargent, Sascha Litvin, in order to give a report on what happened in Slateport. Thomas, garbed in his usual black slacks, white button-up, and beige coat, walked into Interpol's Rustboro Branch, carrying paperwork and files on him that would be relevant to the meeting. The Agent wouldn't address any of the others in the office, making his way straight towards Litven's office.

Thomas would knock on the door, to signal his arrival.

tags: @sascha
notes: Here we go.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Examination (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 1:44:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

At night the earth will rise and I'll think of you each time I watch from distant skies Whenever stars go down

Artemis - Decidueye Hera - Sableye[break]

Apollo - Gastly Zeus - Luxray[break]

Hades - Seviper

Artemis - Overgrow[break]
Grass / Ghost[break]
sascha's pc

[attr="class","thescrolly"]Sascha hadn't been in Hoenn long. Certainly not long enough to get his bearings with the Rustboro branch. After a long sabbatical following his hospitalization and therapy post-Kanto, Sascha had only recently been released back to work. He had plans to take on an undercover assignment in Fortree, taking over the home that he was born in in the poorer part of the city. But before he could really start packing and moving his way into a new assignment, he had been given the task of interrogating and evaluating a fellow Sergeant.[break][break]

Agent Striker was one of the few people at the center of a media frenzy that stemmed from footage of a skirmish being released involving Interpol agents and Team Rocket grunts.[break][break]

Needless to say, Sascha had watched the footage over and over again and he wasn't at all satisfied with what information he had been given. The fact that Agent Striker was attending to his office today for questioning? It was the perfect opportunity to get answers and to make the proper arrangements for disciplinary action.[break][break]

With Hera settled into his shadow, Sascha looked up with the knock at his door, pushing up from his desk. Dressed in a pair of simple slacks and a white collared shirt, he opened the door and motioned Thomas inside before closing the door behind them. Crossing across the floor to his side of the desk, he settled back silently, keeping his gaze on Thomas while he debated his words.[break][break]

"Take a seat, Agent. We have much to discuss and I've grown tired of analyzing the footage and finding no reasonable explanation of the actions performed in Slateport."

276 words | | oh boy here we go.

♠ URIT

[newclass=.thehover]opacity:0;transition:all linear 1s;-webkit-transition:all linear 1s[/newclass][newclass=.thehover:hover]opacity:0.75;transition:all linear 1s;-webkit-transition:all linear 1s;background-color:#fff[/newclass][newclass=".notags a"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff;[/newclass][newclass=.thescrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#463d7f;border:solid 1px #463d7f;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thescrolly::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#ffffff;width:2px;border:solid 2px #ffffff;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Examination (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 10:35:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As he was prompted to take a seat, Thomas would quietly do so, sitting his briefcase on the floor next to his chair. The look on his face said it all, that he knew he was dead meat, but he wasn't going to hide from it. A dour expression was painted on his features as he looked the shorter, yet older Sargent in the eyes.

"Then I'll just give it to you straight up, Sargent.", Thomas would respond to Sascha. "As you know, two individuals charged at us upon arriving at the Warehouse District. Both men were heavily intoxicated, and came at us with all of their Pokemon, six between the two of them.", Thomas would start. "Their combined team consisted of a Mightyena, an Arbok, a Gardevoir, a Scizor, a Sandslash, and a Hydreigon.", Thomas would continue. "As the attack persisted, the two Grunts would reach for what seemed to be radios, in order to call for backup. Ms. Silph had her Skarmory attempt to disarm the men with Steel Wing, which only ended in the catastrophic maiming of one of the two men. Meanwhile, Agent Sabre and Agent Barricade would also attempt to stop them, the former having her Chandelure attempt to trap the men with Fire Spin, while the latter attempted to Hypnotize them with Gengar. And somehow, the Fire Spin managed to roast the two men alive.", he would explain to him.

"I understand the media is running with the angle that the men in question were probably not Rockets, but I seriously doubt that. For one, sources indicate that the streets of Slateport themselves are locked down pretty tight, that non-Rockets tend to get sniffed out rather quickly by the Rockets patrolling the streets. And to allow two allegedly non-affiliated, violent drunks to loiter in an area where a high value prisoner doesn't seem to fit at all. And not to mention the temperment of their Pokemon overall fits what one would expect of a Team member's Pokemon to a T.", Thomas would elaborate.

"But at the end of the day, the loss of life that occurred was unnecessary, and unfortunate.", he would conclude solemnly.

tags: @sascha
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Examination (Closed)
POSTED ON May 5, 2019 11:14:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

At night the earth will rise and I'll think of you each time I watch from distant skies Whenever stars go down

Artemis - Decidueye Hera - Sableye[break]

Apollo - Gastly Zeus - Luxray[break]

Hades - Seviper

Artemis - Overgrow[break]
Grass / Ghost[break]
sascha's pc

[attr="class","thescrolly"]Sascha leaned back in his chair a bit, one hand resting against the desk, his fingers tapping the wood. He listened carefully, comparing the story that Thomas was telling him with the video tapes that he had seen of the actual attack. The stories seemed to match up, at least visually.[break][break]

But he still was unsure of what had been going on behind the scenes. In the minds of those that were involved. What had possessed them to use such force instead of retreating? There was a point in which one side would have to give up in order to preserve life simply because they were outmatched.[break][break]

The killing of the supposed grunts was deplorable at best. More should have been done to control Thomas' subordinates.[break][break]

"The loss of life was deplorable, considering your experience, Mister Benoit," Sascha said calmly, sitting up and pulling a stack of papers toward himself. He flipped through a few of the pages, his expression hard. "You are a skilled agent and you have two agents that work under you. The expectation would have been that you trained them well enough to know the limits of the team's abilities as a whole. We have contingency plans for these situations. Engaging if you were outmatched should have been your last priority. Not to mention, no matter what circumstantial evidence you had for engaging the two men, you had no actual proof that they were Team Rocket."[break][break]

Sascha found himself growing irritated, his finger continuing to tap impatiently on the top of his desk. "For all intents and purposes, the media's angle is correct. Your team killed two potentially innocent individuals. They could have simply been rowdy citizens of a town that is locked down and dangerous," his voice remained calm, but his grey gaze had fire in it.[break][break]

"What am I going to do with you?" he finally hissed, glancing back down at his paperwork. "Is there anything else that you need to tell me? Anything you haven't told the others or me? Did you ensure that your entire team was mentally sound before approaching the area? Were you yourself taking percautions to ensure that you took every step to avoid such a violent confrontation? There is a lot that I do not know. We do not have CCTV of what thoughts were going through your mind at the time."

394 words | | heres the tongue lashing.

♠ URIT

[newclass=.thehover]opacity:0;transition:all linear 1s;-webkit-transition:all linear 1s[/newclass][newclass=.thehover:hover]opacity:0.75;transition:all linear 1s;-webkit-transition:all linear 1s;background-color:#fff[/newclass][newclass=".notags a"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff;[/newclass][newclass=.thescrolly::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#463d7f;border:solid 1px #463d7f;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thescrolly::-webkit-scrollbar]background-color:#ffffff;width:2px;border:solid 2px #ffffff;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]