august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
iii. from shadows [ RI EVENT ]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 19:35:32 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
with six rocket officers and their pokemon rendered unconscious. mateo, dragonite, and sceptile stood outside of a school. "seriously, what the hell is going on?" looking from above. he wondered where did they descend from. could the storm have been covering their sky fortress of sorts? there was too much happening for mateo to see.

"alright, let's head out to the city. children and teachers should be fine as long as they remain inside; let's go!" evacuating them now would only lead to potential liabilities and unnecessary casualties. mateo needed to gather the townsfolk and bring them back so they could be protected. he headed toward the residence district.

once there, he began to see the scenery before him. houses were on fire, some destroyed. he saw the residences of this area gathered at the center and heavily kept under the watchful eye of a few grunts. he hid behind a home and peeked from the corner. speaking aloud, he wondered, "there has to be a ring leader, right? there's no way the uniformed grunts are leading this charge." he spoke to his sceptile and dragonite. "why fallarbor town?" mateo fell into deep thought as to try and figure out their mission objective, while, also, trying to figure out how he would save the townsfolk.

tagged: @open
note(s):

- dragonite and sceptile are equipped with safeguard; 1/5 duration.
- mateo is hiding behind a house, watching the residence gather at the center and come to be held as hostages.
- feel free to join. *shrug*

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 18:23:02 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
"alright, we can't wait for backup too long." with several of the rocket members surrounding the civilians. mateo decided. "sceptile, stick to the shadows. take them out with quick attack and leaf blade; don't give them an opportunity to call for help." turning toward dragonite, "take their pokemon out. be careful not to go all-out or else you'll hurt the hostages; you tend to get a little reckless..." casually scratching his cheek. with a simple nod in agreement, everyone had their assignment.

with sceptile maneuvered. utilizing quick attack in order to intercept rocket members and breaking their formation. dragonite, without hesitation, used dragon rage upon their houndoom's, koffing's, liepard's and gastly. all while performing dragon dance, enhancing his outer and inner abilities. in the moment a rocket tries to contact one of their "generals" or boss, mateo would deck the rocket member in the face. all while stealing his walkie-talkie.

"i'll be taking that!" and with the ability to hear the enemies communications. he'd be able to figure out their whereabouts, plans of action, and movements. "everyone, we're heading to the school; your children are safe! please make your way toward the school!" he shouted for the group to hear. he'd been living within his mother's hometown since his arrival for sometime. learning about the people and their culture. to have seen his mother's home become a battlefield and no longer at peace, he couldn't just sit back and watch this absurdity.

mateo chose to take action. the men and women began to make their way toward the school. once the pokemon and rocket members here were dealt with, mateo planned to make his next travel to town's central square. hopefully soldiers of the league were alright.

note(s):

- dragonite and sceptile are equipped with safeguard; 2/5 duration.
- mateo, sceptile, and dragonite took out the guards holding the residents hostage. stole a walkie-talkie. told the residence to head toward the school while he finishes cleaning up the rocket left here. his next goal was to figure out how to dispel this hail, find their base of operations, and help push rocket back.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 16:08:49 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

nearing the end of the street. it was an unexpected assault as the emergence of an onix would arise from the ground in front of the trio. "woah!" falling on his bottom. mateo would come to be caught by surprise. the onix, roaring, signaled his trainer. a man with blue hair and sharp glasses entered the battlefield. "to think i'd be proven wrong. and here i thought insects were the easiest thing in the world to kill. i must commend for surviving in the invasion for this long." a slow clap would come from behind the group.

"did he just call me an insect?" dragonite and sceptile would relinquish a sigh. that was the last thing their trainer needed to worry about. "i'm not an insect, i'm a dragon!" oh mateo, what a response. "anyway, who even are you?!" mateo, angrily, pointed.

a hand was brought over the male's chest. a bow given, he'd introduce himself, "theodore ignum, captain of the squad you just trampled over. i can't let you just leave without delivering a hefty blow for what you and your pokemon did to my men, and..." theodore began to cry. snot trickling down his nostrils, water, too, fell. "y-you're in the way of my promotion?! this was a chance for me to get even closer to my beloved silas, ah~! sir silas, i'll kill this man and bring you his pokemon!" he'd take out a picture of from his pocket, kissing and holding it high into the air. "would you, also, like his head sir?! i'll bring you his head on a silver platter and deliver his pokemon to you for just desserts!"

mateo and his pokemon watched, albeit begrudgingly, as the man poured his heart out to a picture of their boss. "gross. . .but, anyway, fighting time! dragonite, sceptile: leaf blade, dragon rage!" and so the battle commenced, but the onix wasn't going down so easily. the ABILITY it possessed, STURDY, made its skin tougher than usual. beating the onix wasn't going to be an easy feat.

note(s):

- dragonite and sceptile are equipped with safeguard; 3/5 duration.
- mateo, sceptile, and dragonite are fighting a captain of the group mateo and team put down. currently fighting a tough onix. woo.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 23:47:05 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar

"sceptile, use quick attack to enhance your speed. apply leaf blade and cut as hard as you can; remember training, you've cut harder things than this! dragonite, you're with me!" turning toward theodore, he'd release another pokemon out onto the battlefield: magneton. "dragonite, dragon rage!" mateo commanded.

"magneton, thunderbolt!" theodore ordered. intercepting dragonite's fiery rage, the magneton would attempt to electrocute dragonite out of the sky. the magneton chased after dragonite, using magnet rise to fly after it. flying into a house burning house, the magneton would stop. fire didn't mesh all that well with steel. expecting dragonite to emerge from the side, the magneton did not find the flying dragon. from above the dragonite would release a dragon rage, damaging the metal trio and rendering them unconscious.

with one pokemon down. theodore had another to use. "dodrio, come out!" the three-headed normal-type emerged. but, without hesitation, thunder wave was released to paralyze not just the normal-type, but theodore as well. electrocuting him in the process. "man you were weak, i thought you were actually a threat." turning to face theodore's unconscious onix. sceptile was casually sitting on top of the ground-type waiting for dragonite and mateo to be finished. "show off," mateo cheekily grinned.

"alright, what do we do with him? it's like no matter how many we take out or who we take out. there's no winning..." placing a hand over his chin. mateo wondered what was their next plan of action. the residential district was fully cleared out. the townsfolk were waiting at the school. "do you think alakazam can teleport this many people to verdanterf, maybe?" he asked sceptile and dragonite. that would be too strenuous for the psychic-type.

"there's no way for us to win is there...?" a worried look befell his team. staring at theodore, a grin crossed his face. "i'm gonna take his clothes!" grabbing theodore by the collar of his shirt. he'd drag the four-eyed captain into a bush. rustling, he'd come out dressed within team rocket wear. "how do i look? villainous enough for you both?" mateo snickered.

note(s):

- dragonite and sceptile are equipped with safeguard; 4/5 duration.
- beat up theodore and his pokemon. stole his clothes. dressed as a member of team rocket now. now...i dunno what to do next.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 4:33:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
panic erupts through the once-peaceful town of fallarbor. it's hard to see through the thick of the fleeing crowd especially with the chaos all around but finn stands his ground. he knows he just has to wait it out until he's given a chance to move deeper into the city. so he stands behind a building, back against the wall, and focuses on staying calm.

this is not his mission. they don't even want him here; they told him to stay put and be ready to write. but finn cannot sit idly by and watch as towns and cities are destroyed.

it is his anonymity in the organization that works in his favor. it doesn't take much to stay hidden and unrecognized: hoodie over his head and a baseball cap masks his appearance well enough. he has the iconic rocket uniform on underneath,  however, if things go south,which he is expecting it to.

suddenly, he feels a squeeze on his shoulder.

"what is it?"

the swoobat gestures with his pink nose towards a street up ahead. they start their approach carefully, making sure to remain undetected even as finn peers his head around the corner.

he sees a battle taking place between two opposing parties. it doesn't take him long to figure out who is who and whose side he should take. but he doesn't react. he simply watches as the battle concludes and the league officer switches outfits to try and blend in.

but then a shadow leaks out onto the road and as finn looks up, his stomach drops.

"hey!"

what mateo doesn't see is a rocket member atop a nearby roof with a gun aimed in his direction. but before the gun can fire, a PSYCHIC stops it. swoobat holds his focus for as long as possible.

» sneaks into town in the classic marvel disguise.
           » sees the battle between mateo and theodore.
           » a hidden rocket on the roof attempts to shoot mateo.
           » swoobat's psychic holds the gun in place for now.