cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
the good in me . [ private ]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2019 20:50:40 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"are you being serious right now?"

that served as her immediate response to mister cole's 'generous' offer. she had went from tucking into her freshly crafted garden salad and feeding her pikachu the occasional slice of carrot to staring at the councilman who was in the midst of propositioning her. 

"
you want to be my beau for a month?"

cait's expression soon betrayed her own amusement, the girl mistaking the offer for a jest - and a good one at that. she had been taken by surprise by the man's 'joke', having expected something entirely different at that moment. 

"
you're funny, kim," she said, tittering softly. "you almost had me there. i'll admit.

her mood had improved somewhat, her serious exterior having partly melted way as she shot him a grin that was very much genuine. 

"
now tell me what you really want.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2019 22:33:02 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
his expression was calm as he blew into his cup, whisk of steam pushed in her direction, light sips spreading the warm coffee through his senses. it was hot, and the perfect amount of sweet.

cait’s reaction was expected, it’s not everyday that someone like kim would ask something so absurd of someone, let alone her; but his proposition was a real as the money she had received from him.

he would wait, letting her get her chuckles out as he sat idly, a soft smile rooted on his lips as she continued. when it was his turn to speak he did so with a light tone, sincerity in his voice.

i want you cait, it’s as simple as that.

i want to see what all the fuss is about with dating, not once have i found someone i’d want to spend my time with romantically, but i feel like that’s more my fault that anything. i’ve only been playing with people, only going as far as flirting, that’s why i’d like to give it a shot with you. if you don’t want to go through with this i understand, we can find a more comfortable way for you to repay me.

features turned a bit awkward as he hid his face into his cup, looking to the side coyly.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2019 23:34:51 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait visibly sobered as kim continued to speak, her painted lips settling into a flat line as she dedicated a few short moments toward merely observing the man. she took stock of his tone and the expression he wore in silence, her neatly groomed eyebrows raising high upon her forehead before they eventually lowered. 

'i see.' 

"
i'm not uncomfortable, kim," she said. "i'm just... surprised - taken aback? i think that's the right word for it.

his admittance left her feeling curious, the woman having expected for kim to maintain - at the very least - a healthy love life if he had any desire to pursue such a thing. she had just naturally assumed that he had no interest in acquiring a permanent companion for himself. 

"
it's not rocket science - dating, i mean.

she neglected her meal in favor of focusing upon the man, the gym leader either not caring or noticing as her pikachu's small paw reached out and claimed a crispy cucumber from the plate. 

"
is it the emotional aspect of it that's got you in a tizzy? or is it the physical part? how far have you went with someone before breaking it off, kim?"

cait sounded patient and genuinely intrigued as she gently prodded the man with her inquiries. 

"
and what do you want from me exactly if we spend a month together? do you even know? do you want love? sex? both?"  

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2019 20:58:42 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
her words flustered him more and more as she pushed for answers, a mild look of embarrassment contained to his face, keeping his composure as long as he could hold it before eventually succumbing to slightly flushed cheeks.

his eyes would not wander as she spoke though, their attention focused on none other than cait in this moment, refusing to let his well groomed facade of calm break any further than it had.

what i’m looking for in our time together is nothing more than an understanding of a relationship. i’ve never been with another person before, so you’d be the first i’ve ever experimented with, all i want is a sort of feel for what i’d be getting into.

a hand rubbed at his cheek, nerves getting the better of him in the moment as he continued.

if you want to go as far as sex then that’s fine i guess, but i don’t exactly find it necessary.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2019 22:54:48 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she parroted his words back at him.

"'that's fine, i guess.'"

she tightened her formerly loose grip upon her fork and promptly shoveled a piece of lettuce into her mouth. cait appeared to be processing his words as she chewed slowly, her gaze remaining fixed upon the councilman. 

'he's outside of his element.'

that much was fairly obvious to the woman; cait noting that his usually solid facade was beginning to fail. comparatively she still appeared very much serene, an easy smile upon her face as she enjoyed her meal with a casual air about her. 

"
you're basically asking me to be your first."

cait reached for a napkin and lightly dabbed at her lips before setting it aside. 

"
your first everything.

she appeared strangely pleased by the idea, an odd look settling over her pretty features as her eyes became partly lidded. 

"
i think i should be the person asking if you're the one who's absolutely comfortable with this, kim. it just feels like you don't know what you're getting into - and i'd hate to overwhelm you."

cait appeared to mull over a potential route for the man, as though she sought to offer him a more 'e for everyone' go at the whole dating ordeal.

"
how about asking someone like stormy, for example? i think she's fairly new to the scene - then again that'd be stepping on the toes of stone - and we wouldn't want to do that.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2019 23:52:16 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
the thought of giving her this amount of control unsettled him, his features turning to a slight look of disgust while she spoke. maybe she was right to find another to fulfill this request, to be paired with her for a month could do more harm than good for him.

but then again, asking this of another was beyond his realm of reach, there weren't many that he could call on to aid in something as selfish as this. the only reason he asked her in the first place was because of the debt he owed her.

but seeing her in a more vulnerable state would be fun, and because of that, he would stick with this plan to the end.

yes.” he said in a defeated tone, his eyes teetering to the side.

i’m giving you control over my ‘first’ to a degree. trust me when i tell you that i will stop you if i’m uncomfortable with anything.

fingers traced the ring of his cup as he looked back, eyes returning to hers as he furthered on the aspect of brining stormy into this.

stormy is the best friend i have at the moment, i don't want to involve her in this in any way. besides, like you said, she’s already taken.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 1:45:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"fine."

the desire to eat had evaporated at that point of the conversation, cait surrendering her salad to her pikachu who eagerly worked on polishing off the remainder of the colorful meal. 

"
i'll be yours - and you'll be mine - for a month."

it was a generous offer, especially since he had promised it'd expunge of her of her debts. 

'i don't see why i'd say no. i don't dislike kim - per say - i'm just a bit wary of him.' 

"
we'll start that month off in no less than three days," she said. "i strongly recommend that you take up temporary residency in one of our finer housing units - i also suggest you pack and acquire a league-issued laptop so that you can handle your usual business here. i can easily arrange for the former if you give me a day and you can handle the latter if you want to bother with work during our little arrangement here."

cait paused so that he could process her words and suggestions before continuing onward.

"
unless you want to stay with me in my studio apartment? it's a bit small but its very clean and adequately furnished."   

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 20:26:50 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
quite the controlling perspective she took, the initiative to move him to mauville striking him off guard, her continued onslaught only furthering his surprise.

it should have been expected of course, he had already given her permission, to an extent, control over him; if she didn’t take an advantageous position then he would have.

fine. who do i talk to about renting an apartment here?

everything he needed could easily be transferred over in the blink of an eye, all he needed to do was find somewhere reasonable in this mess of a city to settle down.

i don’t think we should be living under the same roof yet considering we’ve hardly even started our relationship.

with a sigh and a ruffle of his head he’d think for a moment, the fact that everything that was about to happen was reality setting in a bit too late. no going back now.

i’ll be in your care for the month then, kay. hopefully you can flesh out the intricacies of love for me during. and if not, oh well.

this would just be another song and dance, treated with as much care as he would with anyone else.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 21:48:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait reached into her purse to retrieve a slightly worn notepad and a mostly used up pen before scribbling down a series of digits. she'd then tear it out of the little book and promptly hand it over to the older man.

'it's hard to believe he's only three years my senior,' she thought. 

hopefully by the time she was twenty-three the war would be completely over and she'd have the intricacies of her career completely figured out. 

"this is the housing department. they'll have something ready for you within a day's time."

she returned to simply eyeing him, noting his cool exterior as he returned to his usual self.

"
i'll figure something out for the two of us," she said. "i'll see you in three days, kim. make sure to shoot me a text if there are any problems between now and then."

with that said she excused herself, her pikachu having already consumed her mistress's meal and leaving an empty plate in her wake. 

"
i'll see you then."

- - - 

there was little to no communication between the pair within the span of those three days, cait having busied herself with clearing her schedule so that she could more effectively accommodate her beau. her security team didn't mind and appeared greatly relieved that she was taking advantage of her accumulated leave days.

"
i'm not going on leave," she said. "i just won't be as active. make sure you keep an eye out for rocket while i'm taking care of a few things."  

cait limited her work hours from her usual ten hours to meager five, deciding to tackle the majority of her league-related affairs during the midday hours. she also made sure to give herself the weekends off, which was very much welcomed.

'i think i have a good idea of what i want to do with kim,' she thought. 'let's just hope he's for it.' 

- - - 

the freckle-faced woman knocked upon the man's apartment door, the housing unit that had been given to him well-furnished and of obvious higher quality. she had a handwoven basket in hand and was garbed in her powder blue dress - the light material the very same one she wore when they had first met in the forest.

'it's not to early, is it?' 

it was sometime in the small hours of the morning and she hoped that he was at least awake and aware enough to open his door. 

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 22:17:27 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
without a hitch kim had become accommodated to his new living quarters, the comfortable furnishings unfortunately used only by the pokemon he had brought along. kim opted to get a better feel for his surroundings than coop himself up in said apartment, leaving the lavish living quarters in the hands of those that would use it as more than just somewhere to sleep.

his work was done on the go, often stopping at shops within the city when something that needed more attention was needed, the three days being more than enough time for comfort to sit itself next to the man's side, the city as welcoming as its leader.

time passed faster than expected, the councilman’s mind preoccupied as a knock sounded, his attention turning to the door quickly as he gathered himself, setting everything that once held his attention aside as he fixed himself up.

after a brief silence, kim would come to the door, a smile worn as neatly as his semi formal wear- a simple midnight blue dress shirt tucked into beige slacks.

sorry i was… it doesn’t matter. is that for me? because i didn’t have anything prepared for you. is that okay?

he was a little nervous if that wasn’t obvious with stumbled over words, the stampede of sentences escaping his mouth one after another.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 23:21:11 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"don't worry about me."

cait waved in dismissal, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her painted lips as she peered up at him in turn. 

"
you look nice," she remarked, casual. 

she gently nudged her way past him and into his personal quarters, her gaze assessing the tidily arranged interior of his apartment. the housing department had likely bent themselves over backwards to ensure that the councilman's accommodations were of high quality. 

'it's a little nicer than what i have,' she thought. 'spacious, too.' 

"
you haven't eaten breakfast already, have you? i brought in some fresh ingredients to make something for the both of us to enjoy. mind if i use your kitchen?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2019 20:26:18 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
a slight step to the side would give way for her entrance, eyes wandering after her as he closed the door.

no. i woke up not too long ago. i was thinking about going out to grab something but i remembered that you and me were a thing now and figured you’d have something in mind. and here you are. so, go ahead and use the kitchen to your leisure. if you’d like some help i’d be glad to lend a hand.

he wasn’t exactly the best cook in the kitchen but what skills he possessed were practical enough to pass.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2019 22:08:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'll be fine. an alfric knows his or her way around a kitchen."

cait made herself at home once she entered the spacious cooking area, setting down her basket to check the cabinets for ceramic plates, cooking utensils and cleaning equipment. 

'looks like they stocked this place to the brim.'

she promptly selected a pan, a glass mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, a chopping board and an impressively sharp cooking knife. 

"
how are you liking my city, kim? i've been putting that money to real good use if i do say so myself. security team's finally has decent enough equipment and training to make sure the city stays moderately safe at all hours of the night and day."

cait pulled out several eggs, a good chunk of butter, several thick slices of meat and a colorful assortment of vegetables from her basket. each food item was kept in its own plastic bag or container and appeared to be remarkably fresh. 

"
i hope you don't mind omelets with a side of bacon. you're not allergic to anything i hope?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2019 20:46:25 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
alright then.

he’d say in a calm tone as he made his way over to the cabinets, precise movements taking hold of to plates, setting them onto the counter before reaching into the nearby draws grabbing hold of utensils for each of them. at the very least he could set the table.

slow strides towards the table would give way for him to speak, setting their arrangements as he did.

your city looks great, i’ve been paying attention to your citizens more than anything and they seem happy. as for the security, i’ve always had faith that you’d do the right thing with the funding so i’ve never really worried about how they shaped up.

cait seemed like a responsible person at the very least, keen on doing what needs to be done instead of what was right for her. though his trust in her was lacking, he hoped this experiment between the two of would clear up any misunderstandings he had for her.

oh, and no, i don’t have any allergies so feel free to do what you will.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2019 22:35:36 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"one of the most important ways to satisfy your respective man or woman," she began. "is by taking care of them in some way, shape or form."

cait sliced up a combination of spinach, mushroom, onion, and green pepper before sprinkling the ingredients with salt and pepper and depositing them into the glass bowl.

"there needs to be that near perfect balance of give and take," she continued. "otherwise things tend to fall apart real quick."

a clump of butter was placed into the pan before cait dialed up the stove's heat. 

"a fair amount of work is involved," she said. "but if you're willing to invest it can be well worth your time."

cait cracked open no less than four eggs and deposited their slimy contents into the bowl. 

"but i'm pretty sure you already know all of that. it's basic - real basic. elementary school levels of basic."

she shrugged her shoulders and pressed onward with the conversation. 

"
you know i distinctively remember you saying you were a flirt. there must have been someone who wanted you, kim. you're a fine man - and you've got a prestigious title to go right along with those refined genetics of yours. so...? what? you denied 'em all?