she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON May 22, 2019 5:41:15 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
SILVER SPIRE

[attr="class","aname2"]
sootopolis gym

[attr="class","ipad"]
GYM INFORMATION[break][break]

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/l2py5bnsrn/All_Gone_No_Escape_.mp3[/player]

[break][break]

silver spire, the ruins, or more commonly known as the rune gym was an ancient place of worship for the first humans of hoenn who came to praise and sacrifice to keep the gods of the sea, earth, and air at rest. these times are long and since, the mighty temple that once stood at the center of the city - nay, the cultural and religious center of ages past - has fallen to ruin. now it is a testament of the apathy and disregard to what many held of great significance. Efforts are being made to return the ancient wonder to what it once was, and in doing so, parts of the ruin have been opened to the public as a gym.

[break][break]

as befit a structure such as silver spire and the cultural value it holds, the rules by which a challenger may earn a badge herald back to times of yore; a battle is customary, indeed, yet other ancient ways are still known to the keeper of lore. a historical site such as this deserves more than the simpleton who wishes to beat down through brute force, especially in such horrific times that hoenn faces itself. to prove worthy of and her time, one must come with a thirst for knowledge and the means to quench such cravings.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ipad"]
SACRED OATHS[break][break]

• oath of knowledge. knowledge is the true strength of any trainer: knowledge to care for their pokemon, knowledge to care for the world, and knowledge of the region they call home. a challenger may bring forth a tome. these tomes must be found ICly by your character (either through backstory, mission, plot, threads, etc) and must contain information relevant to the mythos of legendary pokemon (bring forth a written account of having encountered any legendary pokemon if your character possesses the chance encounter trophy  ). In essence, you will gain an automatic gym battle with Olivia if you bring a tome .

[break][break]

if your character does not have any of the above, nor do they wish to actually go through the gym challenges, they may petition for a Crown assignment. these assignments pertain to sootopolis as a whole and can be as varied as cleaning the filth of the streets or actively going on a Crown mission to thwart pirates or other scoundrels. should they succeed in their mission, olivia will permit them entrance to the gym. however, if you do not wish to further the Crown's mission, one could always offer a pokemon for... research. not all pokemon will be accepted, nor is there any guarantee one will receive their pokemon back.

[break][break]

the only other manner to gain an automatic battle with Olivia is: to become a permanent member of the Crown or partake in efforts in restoring the gym to its former grandeur - a thread is required in the sootopolis board. (a thread is required with in either case, PM if interested).
  • oath of hearth. no extremely large pokemon are allowed within the gym as to protect the structure of the ruins. the same goes for moves that can affect the structural integrity of the gym, including but not limited to: earthquake, surf, etc.
  • oath of truth. any attempts to undermine or cheat at any point of the challenge will result in automatic expulsion.
  • oath of hospitality. any and all who are admitted under the roof of are henceforth under her protection until they leave - regardless of their allegiance.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ipad"]TRIAL OF MORTALS[break][break]

this is the standard gym challenge. it is simple, straight to the point. depending on status, strength, and/or amount of badges of the challenger the battle can range from 1v1s to 3v3s. please check the rules for more information.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ipad"]TRIALS OF THE GODS[break][break]

this is the nontraditional challenge. simply being admitted to the gym does not guarantee you an opportunity to battle with as one must prove themselves thrice. overcoming the entrance is only the first hurdle a challenger must face. they must next prove the knowledge they claim to have by games of wit. finally, should they fail, their third trial will be a battle with a gym trainer. each of these is based on the pokemon mythos and a legendary pokemon.

[break][break]

LIFE WITHOUT LIFE

[break]

a tale of beings born into the world living, yet not of life, haunt the region. their hearts said to be locked away to all warmth and know only the stone cold whip of steel to keep them at bay.

[break][break]

the challenger must answer the riddle or face a gym trainer.

[break][break]

[break][break]

AS ABOVE, SO BELOW

[break]

to love, to hope, to yearn, to wish; many believe simply doing so will bring them the happiness they thought to deserve - but at what cost?

[break][break]

a large atrium with a shambled roof is where the challenger is led, an unknown source of light poking through the holes above and looking like a night sky filled with stars. the challenger is required to use dark or ghost pokemon in this riddle as they will find solace in the darkness and guide you where you cannot see... and pain in the pinpoint stabs of light from above.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

TWO THAT ARE ONE

[break]

loving and fierce, free from all, and lost in flight - our hearts are for those we judge pure.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

FROM THE VOID

[break]

from the dark of the heavens came that with many forms; yet no soul.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

THE FINALE

[break]

after completing a riddle or finding a way to the true gym battle may begin. the actual battle with Olivia takes place using anywhere between three to five Pokémon depending on the status, strength, and/or amount of badges of the challenger.[break][break]

The Maiden/Paige is the first tier challenge and is a 3vs3 using any Pokémon that is: a 1 out of 2 evolution stage, or up to a 2 out of 3 evolution stage.[break][break]

The Lovers is the tier two challenge and is a 3vs3 using 3 only male or female Pokémon that are: any two stage evolution, any one stage evolution, or up to a 2 out of 3 evolution stage.[break][break]

The Three Faces is the tier three challenge and is a 3vs3 using three Pokémon that are a stage one, two, and three of any species; they do not have to be the same species so long as they have a three stage evolution. [break][break]

The Crests is the tier four challenge and is a 3v3 using any Pokémon that can swim.[break][break]

The Crown is the tier five challenge and is a 5v5 using any Pokémon that qualify: a Scout, a Knight, an Ally, the King, The Queen. A Scout is any Pokémon that is known for: speed or stealth. A Knight is any Pokémon that is known for its defense. An Ally is any Pokémon. The King is any male Pokémon. The Queen is any female Pokémon.[break][break]

[break][break]
difficulty: MAX[break]
# of participants: 1[break]
# of pokemon: 3-5 [break]
hint: none. [break]
note: good luck.[break]
goal: earn your badge.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ipad"]TRIAL OF THE IMMORTAL [break][break]

this is a DEATH ENABLED gym challenge. it counts as nontraditional in terms of poké and infamy. it is a 6v6 duo battle, no switch-outs, no items. people and pokemon participating can die in this thread. to keep it standard, the following rules are in place: each pokemon gets FIVE 'hit points' (HP), meaning they can be attacked five times before dying, unless a healing move/ability is used; in which case the pokemon recovers ONE HP. you may recall your pokemon at any point but they can not be returned to the field. each pokemon may use two moves during a post. anyone taking this trial is automatically bumped to the top of que and may make a thread in sootopolis to start the battle, but MUST post here first so there is written confirmation that they are doing a DE thread.[break][break]

this type of battle is PLOT only and not a standard option unless planned out prior!

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ipad"]GYM TRAINER[break][break]

known as CREST these are the acting GYM TRAINERS that step in when Olivia is busy elsewhere, though some are also gym leaders in-training. Olivia is willing to take on trainers she deems fit and more info will be forthcoming.
[break][break]

info

[break][break]

name:
[break]
crest: of strength [break]
theme: magma[break]
position: closed[break]
app: click me![break]
information: of heat and earth, steel and fire, the crest of strength will test the bounds of the physical! [break][break][break][break]

name:
[break]
crest: of grace [break]
theme: dusk[break]
position: closed[break]
information: of moonlight and stardust, spring rains and summer breezes, the crest of grace will test the bounds of beauty! [break][break][break][break]

name:
[break]
crest: ? [break]
primary type: red[break]
position: open[break]
information: description[break][break][break][break]

name:
[break]
crest: ? [break]
primary type: red[break]
position: open[break]
information: description[break][break][break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ipad"]ADVANCED REQUEST[break][break]

please fill out the application of challenging the gym. FOREWARNING, i will not immediately take a request just because you posted it. i will TAKE IT WHEN I AM READY. the application form can be found below:

[break][break]

[div align="justify"][size=1][b]name:[/b] @yourname[break]
[b]tag:[/b] @seasoda[break]
[b]tome:[/b] link to research thread, thus acknowledging that ICly @seasoda has accesses to this information[break]
[b]other:[/b] if the challenger doesn't have a tome to gain an automatic entrance to the gym, please link the appropriate thread in which they either assist in the rebuilding of the gym, are given an assignment by Olivia, or any of the options listed earlier.[break]
[b]notes:[/b] feel free [break]
[b]special note from the creator:[/b] this is a unique gym and very much plot driven! also i stole this from @arian [/size][/div]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON May 22, 2019 5:42:16 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
BATTLE LINE-UP

congratulations challenger(s)! you will be battling for the rune badge with . those in the following have provided a tome, gone through the challenges, or by another means will be battling Olivia directly. the battle tier will be shown along with the challenger’s name and order. the initial thread will be made by so expect a tag for your gym battle, and it will be linked on this post for as long as it is active.

check under “the finale” for information on the different tiers

1) - traditional battle 3v3 [x]

2) - traditional battle 3v3 [x]

3)

the following are in que:

4)

5)

6)

7)

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON May 31, 2019 2:49:51 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
i'm side-eyeing very hard.
but how about i give u an empoleon to research + keep and we call it a deal olivia pope, .
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON May 31, 2019 6:00:54 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
name: [break]
tag: [break]
tome: legendary encounter — perse has met regirock and articuno during site events. has furthermore done extensive research for the league pertaining to hoenn's legendaries. some of this work is in the public domain but her research thread is 100% private. [break]
notes: persephone was born and raised in the city and subsequently she has a bit of a vested interest in the sootopolis gym and fully intends to bypass all the other requirements both due to her status within the league as a head scientist and as a descendant of sootopolis' founding families.[break]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 21:10:11 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nd-container"]
[attr="class","nd-inside"]
[attr="class","nd-trap"]
[attr="class","nd-sides"]
[attr="class","nd-seal"]
[attr="class","nd-initals"]
[attr="class","nd-initals2"]

[attr="class","nd-flap"]
[attr="class","nd-letter"]
[attr="class","nd-write"]

Dear Leader ,

[break][break]

I will gladly accept your donation of your Empoleon; however, that will not give you a direct encounter with myself. You must battle against a crest before you and I meet.

[break][break]

Although, your status and wealth of knowledge on dragon lore does intrigue me. If you wish to have a meeting up front, we will discuss dragons in depth before we battle and, I will, of course, be keeping the Empoleon.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nd-bgnone"]Choose wisely,

[attr="class","nd-sig"]Leader Olivia Abbiati

[attr="class","nd-credits"]alcove
[googlefont="Dancing+Script|La Belle Aurore|Damion|Roboto:400,700"][newclass=".nd-container"] height:300px; margin:auto; padding-top:0; overflow:hidden; transition:.8s .8s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-credits a"]font:700 10px roboto;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover"] padding-top:200px; transition:.8s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container div"] margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; background: url(https://www.toptal.com/designers/subtlepatterns/patterns/ricepaper.png); [/newclass][newclass=".nd-inside"] box-shadow: inset 0 50px 200px #643a1f; height:300px; width:450px; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-trap"] -webkit-clip-path: polygon(20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 100%, 0% 100%); clip-path: polygon(20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 100%, 0% 100%); height:300px; width:450px; box-shadow: inset 0 0 400px #643a1f; position:relative; z-index:2; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-sides"] -webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 100%, 0 0, 20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 0, 100% 100%); clip-path: polygon(0 100%, 0 0, 20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 0, 100% 100%); width:450px; height:300px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-300px; box-shadow: inset 0 0 100px #643a1f; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-write"] padding:40px; background:none!important; font:15px/15px 'La Belle Aurore';color:#000 [/newclass][newclass=".nd-letter"] position:relative; z-index:0; width:400px; top:-170px; box-shadow: inset 0 0 400px #b68d5e, 0 0 20px #000; transition-duration:.4s; background: url(https://www.toptal.com/designers/subtlepatterns/patterns/handmadepaper.png)!important; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover .nd-letter"] top:-370px; transition-delay:.4s; transition-duration:.4s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-flap"]-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 70%, 49% 100%, 10% 70%); clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 70%, 49% 100%, 10% 70%); box-shadow: inset 0 0 400px #643a1f; height:300px; width:450px; margin-top:-405px; position:relative; z-index:3; transition: clip-path .4s .4s, z-index 0s .5s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover .nd-flap"] -webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 15%, 50% 0, 10% 15%); clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 15%, 50% 0, 10% 15%); z-index:0; transition: clip-path .4s .1s, z-index 0s .5s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-seal"] background:#b0c4de!important; height:300px; width:450px; position:relative; z-index:11; margin-top:-300px; top:0; transition:.5s .8s; -webkit-clip-path: circle(10% at 50% 50%); clip-path: circle(10% at 50% 60%); [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover .nd-seal"] top:-100px; opacity:0; transition:.1s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-initals"] background:none!important; padding-top:145px; padding-left:190px; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-initals2"] font:30px/25px 'Damion'; letter-spacing:-2px; background: radial-gradient(#b0c4de 10px, #62CBE5, #7db9e8, #2989d8 45px)!important; text-shadow:1px 1px 9px #b0c4de; color:#c00; width:70px; height:70px; border-radius:50%; text-align:center; line-height:70px; overflow:hidden; margin:0!important; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-sig"]font:20px 'Dancing Script';background:none!important[/newclass][newclass=".nd-bgnone"]background:none!important[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 21:38:18 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nd-container"]
[attr="class","nd-inside"]
[attr="class","nd-trap"]
[attr="class","nd-sides"]
[attr="class","nd-seal"]
[attr="class","nd-initals"]
[attr="class","nd-initals2"]

[attr="class","nd-flap"]
[attr="class","nd-letter"]
[attr="class","nd-write"]

Dear Professor ,

[break][break]

It would be a delight to battle you! I have been so busy with the ruins and my new position, I haven't had the opportunity to meet you. Your work is truly extraordinary, especially at such a young age. Our battle can take place once I have settled in more. In the meantime, however, we shall have a dinner and discuss your research and see how it collaborates with my own.

[break][break]

If you have a place in mind that is private and has delicious food, please, do tell. Otherwise, we may have dinner at my manse in Sootoopolis.

[break][break]

[attr="class","nd-bgnone"]Looking forward to meet,

[attr="class","nd-sig"]Leader Olivia Abbiati

[attr="class","nd-credits"]alcove
[googlefont="Dancing+Script|La Belle Aurore|Damion|Roboto:400,700"][newclass=".nd-container"] height:300px; margin:auto; padding-top:0; overflow:hidden; transition:.8s .8s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-credits a"]font:700 10px roboto;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover"] padding-top:200px; transition:.8s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container div"] margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; background: url(https://www.toptal.com/designers/subtlepatterns/patterns/ricepaper.png); [/newclass][newclass=".nd-inside"] box-shadow: inset 0 50px 200px #643a1f; height:300px; width:450px; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-trap"] -webkit-clip-path: polygon(20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 100%, 0% 100%); clip-path: polygon(20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 100%, 0% 100%); height:300px; width:450px; box-shadow: inset 0 0 400px #643a1f; position:relative; z-index:2; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-sides"] -webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 100%, 0 0, 20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 0, 100% 100%); clip-path: polygon(0 100%, 0 0, 20% 40%, 80% 40%, 100% 0, 100% 100%); width:450px; height:300px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-300px; box-shadow: inset 0 0 100px #643a1f; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-write"] padding:40px; background:none!important; font:15px/15px 'La Belle Aurore';color:#000 [/newclass][newclass=".nd-letter"] position:relative; z-index:0; width:400px; top:-170px; box-shadow: inset 0 0 400px #b68d5e, 0 0 20px #000; transition-duration:.4s; background: url(https://www.toptal.com/designers/subtlepatterns/patterns/handmadepaper.png)!important; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover .nd-letter"] top:-370px; transition-delay:.4s; transition-duration:.4s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-flap"]-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 70%, 49% 100%, 10% 70%); clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 70%, 49% 100%, 10% 70%); box-shadow: inset 0 0 400px #643a1f; height:300px; width:450px; margin-top:-405px; position:relative; z-index:3; transition: clip-path .4s .4s, z-index 0s .5s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover .nd-flap"] -webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 15%, 50% 0, 10% 15%); clip-path: polygon(0 35%, 100% 35%, 90% 15%, 50% 0, 10% 15%); z-index:0; transition: clip-path .4s .1s, z-index 0s .5s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-seal"] background:#b0c4de!important; height:300px; width:450px; position:relative; z-index:11; margin-top:-300px; top:0; transition:.5s .8s; -webkit-clip-path: circle(10% at 50% 50%); clip-path: circle(10% at 50% 60%); [/newclass][newclass=".nd-container:hover .nd-seal"] top:-100px; opacity:0; transition:.1s; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-initals"] background:none!important; padding-top:145px; padding-left:190px; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-initals2"] font:30px/25px 'Damion'; letter-spacing:-2px; background: radial-gradient(#b0c4de 10px, #62CBE5, #7db9e8, #2989d8 45px)!important; text-shadow:1px 1px 9px #b0c4de; color:#c00; width:70px; height:70px; border-radius:50%; text-align:center; line-height:70px; overflow:hidden; margin:0!important; [/newclass][newclass=".nd-sig"]font:20px 'Dancing Script';background:none!important[/newclass][newclass=".nd-bgnone"]background:none!important[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 22:22:19 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
tome: I'm Bailey Cooper, and I punched Regirock in the face.[break]
notes: Let's jam
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 19:31:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
tome: i think his research thread is confidential[break]
other: gimme a crown mission or something!!![break]
notes: uwuwuwuwuwuuwuwuwuwuwuwu[break]
special note from the creator: this is a unique gym and very much plot driven! also i stole this from
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
rune badge [sootopolis]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 4:07:19 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
tome: N/A[break]
other: Thomas is donating a Carvanha & Piplup for Olivia's research, and whatever else she sees fit to use them for. Aside from that, Thomas can take a crown mission.[break]
notes: Thomas is great for terrorizing pirates, or other scumbags that pose a threat to Sootopolis[break]
special note from the creator: this is a unique gym and very much plot driven! also i stole this from