Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 20:45:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

It had been months since that awful night. The night that a group of six had pulled Commissioner Goode out of Slateport. Though the group had succeeded in extracting her, it came at a hefty price. An altercation that took place during the meeting had left a stain on the League's name, the results being that Thomas was fired from the International Police. But the worst part of it were the deaths that ensued from the operation, being those of his Galvantula, Agent Saber's Magneton, Stormy's Torkoal, Lars' Swampert, and Agent Barricade.

Even if her extraction was a success, something about how it played out still bothered him. Why did the explosives go off after she was brought out of the blast radius? If they knew they were coming, how did they make it out of the city so easily after getting her out of the warehouse? And why put on such a show, especially if it were subverted despite their frankly sloppy work? It felt like Silas let her out of their grasp intentionally, that he had plans for the Commissioner in the future.

Today, Thomas had been summoned to the Commissioner's estate in order to meet with her. Within the confines of the Commissioner's Estate in Evergrande, a brown-haired man sat on the couch. What was explicitly clear was the fact that he was nervous about the meeting that was to take place. Despite this, the Kalosian, garbed in a well tailored suit, his hair neatly tied into a ponytail, sat there patiently, a gift box carefully placed in his arms.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 23:27:50 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

conversely, dahlia has refused to doll up. still recovering from her capture, she relinquishes the accessory of presentability and adorns a blanket-robe draped around her shoulders. the fabric falls limply around her body. it obscures her figure. hides her. softens her presence and blends her into the patterns of her quilt.

she shuffles down the stairs and sings from her soft armor,
"sorry to keep you waiting, mr. benoit! i get cold so easily, and i need this blanket to even function today."

her guest is dressed sharply while she wades into the room softly. like a dome of dandelion seeds, she lacks edges. falls apart so quickly but comfortably as she sinks into her seat across from him.

"well aren't you dressed nicely. sorry for this," she gestures to her lazy garb, "this is no offense to you. i'm just a sucker for comfy." she clasps her hands together, the blanket faintly showing the shapes of her thin arms.
"is... the box for me?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 4:35:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Thomas watches the Commissioner enter the room, a wave of embarrassment washes over him. While it was ingrained in him from youth that one would have to present themselves in meetings of importance, he still couldn't help but feel overdressed. Had Thomas known he could've dressed down for the meeting with the Commissioner, he'd have come in some of his more casual attire.

"Don't worry about it, Commissioner.", Thomas told her with a light smile. "It's your house anyway. Though I do admit, if I were told to dress down, I'd have done so myself.", Thomas continued with a chuckle.

"Of course. Think of it as a welcome back present.", Thomas told her, going to hand off the box to her. If she were to open it then, she would find a bottle of Kalosian Red Wine, one of the finest brands that could be offered, well aged to boot. A certificate of authenticity would accompany the bottle, placed on the lid of the lined box. "A little Fletchling told me you had a taste for Red Wine.", Thomas would tell the Commissioner with a smile.

"Forgive my assumption, but I figured this meeting was what happened during that night, isn't it? In any case, I'd like to apologize for the sloppiness of the rescue, and for any hardship the actions of me or my team had caused the League that night. For what little it's worth, I did not order Agent Saber to kill those men, and would rather have taken them alive myself, not only in the interest of preserving life, but in order to gain whatever intel they potentially possessed. In any case, because Agent Saber was my subordinate, I take full responsibility for what transpired, and for any hardships caused.", he would tell the Commissioner solemnly.

tags:

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 6:12:42 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"oh you shouldn't have." dahlia cradles the box, setting it carefully on her blanketed lap. "i'm going to have to hunt that little fletchling down. exposing my number one weakness? unforgivable."

continuing to baby her bottle of wine, she listens calmly. it's an apology she's heard before from others, or from others delivered from others. she bobs her head up and down. the words from thomas' concessions lifting her chin in intervals like rolling logs.

at the end of thomas' formalities, she shakes her head quietly in small invisible discs. however, she's smiling. her grin is inspired by thomas' sincerity. his earnest supplicance and she responds in turn.

"oh, let the past be the past." dahlia says, feet planted firmly on the floor. "we can't change what's happened... as horrible as it was. don't fret, thomas. we're dealing with it. paperwork, media... it will all pass."

she sets the wine to her immediate side.

"i hope it's kalosian."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2019 18:19:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

To say that Thomas was taken aback by the woman's response would've been an understatement. He was expecting the woman to admonish him further for what had happened. At least, that's what he thought the meeting was all about. It certainly wasn't the first time he had been dragged in to be grilled by one of those above him. If anything, he was expecting there to be word on a potential punishment for him, whether that entailed some sort of demotion, or outright prison time.

The fact that the Commissioner had subverted his expectation stunned the man. It was only when Dahlia mentioned that she hoped the wine was Kalosian that he found himself able to speak again. "Of course! What kind of a man would I be if I brought you anything lesser than Kalos' finest?", Thomas asked her. A small bit of pride was present in the question. As shameful as it was, Thomas did take pride in the virtues of Kalos, up to and including their wine culture.

Finally, the young noble would broach the question, now that the ice had been broken. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to see me, exactly?", he would ask her, his tone polite.

tags:

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 2:17:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

she doesn't drink much nowadays. the bottle lays forlornly- but only to her. still coddled within its fanciful wrappings, the kalosian wine is laid to rest. she'll open the wine for a celebration. one that is uncertain. unknown. and unscheduled.

"oh! i actually thought you wanted to see me." dahlia blinks, lashes bouncing from the slight surprise. laughter marks her recovery. "perhaps... there was a miscommunication. in any case, we can make the most of our good company."

she looks to him.

"that is, if i have reassured you enough for what has happened in the past."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 2:06:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Dahlia clarifies what's going on, Thomas can't help but blink himself. Either way, Thoams finds himself nodding in agreement to making the most of their company. But even then, the Benoit couldn't help but wonder what caused the miscommunication in the first place. Did someone in his camp arrange a meeting with the Commissioner, and fail to inform him? Was that what was going on in her camp? Or was there something more sinister going on, someone who wanted to gather the two in one place?

"I suppose so.", he told her.

"Well, I suppose while we're here, I might as well let you know in person that the Benoits are more than happy to aid the Hoenn Region in its time of need. We've been acquiring and renovating abandoned buildings throughout the Region to provide the refugees of Slateport, as well as Kanto, viable housing. We've also been creating jobs and training programs for those refugees, so they may have gainful employment in their time of need.", he would tell her.

"Of course, we've also started up combat training programs, for any civilians who wish to be able to at least defend themselves, should Rocket cross their paths. At the very least, to give them a fighting chance.", he'd continue. "If there's anything else you believe we could do to help the Region, and its people, we'd be happy to hear you out.", he would conclude.

tags:
notes: Some productive conversation going.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 8:04:29 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia's ears ring from the extensive detail. nevertheless, she keeps her head, plucks the period from thomas' conclusion and tacks on the ribbon of her reply, "aaand we are so grateful for that famous benoit generosity."

thinking, she taps the bow of her small smile. she catches a thought. plucks it with finger as it slides off her bottom lip with a pop.

"actually, the training programs are a wonderful idea," dahlia says, "and what the gyms are supposed to be. in fact... we do have some openings in the forseeable future depending on the municipality..."

she grabs her knees, leaning forth as if to make room for the spreading of wings. the commissioner is no angel, no perfect porcelain production⁠—but with the innate intuition and practice of care, fortune has allowed her to easily draw others into the warmth of her flock. she wonders if she can draw thomas too. she thinks she already has.

"...do the programs go any further than classic battling techniques?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 9:48:09 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Dahlia mentioned the fact that there would be openings for Gym Leader positions, Thomas found himself in shock. He had to wonder whether or not the people would accept him taking such a position. Even if Dahlia wasn't going to punish him for what happened in Slateport, he still wondered how the people would react. Sure, he had been doing what he could to help the citizens of Hoenn, as well as refugees from Kanto, on behalf of his family, but what took place was still pretty brutal, just about unheard of.

"You sure?", he blurted out. "I don't know if the people would accept me in such a role, but if you don't mind me asking, would Verdanturf be a possible locale for a Gym?", he'd ask her. "But if riots don't start breaking out, I suppose it'd be a good time to finally introduce a Dark-type Gym Leader, no?", he asked, his mood lightened up a bit.

When she shifted to questioning what his programs taught, Thomas nodded to her. "Of course, it's more of a self-defense kind of course than classical battling. It's geared towards dealing with aggressive opponents like Rockets. Their Pokemon are taught to defend trainers from oncoming attacks from opposing Pokemon, as well as ways they themselves could disable such hostile opponents, non-fatally, of course. I even teach them some hand-to-hand combat. Basic stuff, but easy enough to learn, and very effective.", he'd explain to her.

tags:
notes: More talking, and him asking some questions.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 8:23:39 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"we'll have to spend some time easing out the wrinkles, but it's nothing a little maneuvering here and there can't handle."

dahlia sighs, as if her breath were the last petal curling off from its bud.

"people forget, thomas. it'll only take a little bit of time. after all... you and your troop didn't truly mean to do what they did, yes?"

she gathers every flower of interest. places it like bouquet atop her precious nose. bobbing her head up and down, she indulges in thomas' passion for defense and martial art.

"good! good! then it's settled. verdanturf. dark-type. a revival of self-defense education." dahlia claps. applause meant for the future. "sooner or later, the public perception will turn around. an accident is an accident, but this reversal of image will be no mistake."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2019 2:49:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Of course.", Thomas would tell the Commissioner with a nod. As she tells him that people tend to forget, Thomas couldn't help but frown. Despite the fact that, indeed, the whole thing was a freak accident, he did not want it to be forgotten. Forgiven, if that were a possibility, was acceptable, but he didn't believe such things should be forgotten. Even if this was to his benefit, in this case, it still didn't sit well with him.

"Of course not.", he'd tell her honestly.

As she claps, Thomas' frown becomes a slight smile. "And I will not let you down. I'll continue to support the League however I can in the meantime. If there's anything else you require of myself, or my family, please do not hesitate to ask. We only wish to secure a better tomorrow for Hoenn.", he'd tell the woman.

tags:

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Judgment Day (Closed)
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2019 6:33:55 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"just take care of yourself, thomas."

dahlia's smile is small, like a ribbon cut too short to fully set a gift in place. its brittle shape rests across her face, held together by the simplest kindness she can afford.

"being in the public eye is not meant for everyone." she says. "pressure may make diamonds, but they also break pipes."