Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON May 31, 2019 5:32:12 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

In all of his time in the Hoenn Region, Thomas had never had the chance to explore the Safari Zone. At the same time, in all of his years as a trainer, this was the first time he was hitting any Safari Zone. Though he had six years of opportunities to visit Fuschia City's Safari Zone, he spent those years dedicated to training himself, to the point where he had only raised two Pokemon in total during that time. And even if he wasn't working himself into a hole in Unova, there was no Safari Zone to speak of in the Region.

Today, that was all going to change. After exchanging his ticket for passage, and Safari Balls, Thomas walked into the Safari Zone calmly. The former Interpol Agent couldn't help but take in the sights of the preserve. Though the trainer wanted to take his time in taking in the sights, the timer he was on forced him to move quickly, and with purpose if he was to make the most of his time in the area.

tags: @tag
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON May 31, 2019 16:39:52 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD BUIZEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
4/4 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / swift swim[break]
agility / aqua tail / focus punch / aqua jet / pursuit
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 10:32:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would finally arive where the grass would meet the shore of the Safari Zone. For a moment, Thomas would stare out over the horizon, taking in more of the beauty of the area. This moment would be cut short as a Buizel hopped onto the grass, assuming a fighting stance.

Seeing there was no way out of this other than to fight, Thomas quickly plucked the ball containing Thread the Galvantula. The Galvantula would assume a fighting stance upon being let out of his capsule. The Buizel seemed to grin at the sight of the strong-looking Galvantula, eagerly awaiting the battle.

"Thread, Electroweb.", ordered Thomas, getting down to business.

The Galvantula would fire off a net of electrified silk at the Buizel. The Buizel stood there for a moment, before finally propelling himself to the right with an Aqua Jet, dashing out of the way of the webbing with ease, and into cover behind some trees. From the cover he had taken, the Buizel would focus his Agility, speeding himself up, before rushing out to strike the yellow spider with an Aqua Tail.

"Look out!", called out Thomas, seeing the Buizel pop out.

Thread would manage to leap back before the swinging tail could strike him, just barely dodging the attack. Following up on this, the Buizel would dash forward in Pursuit, smashing into the Galvantula, before backflipping off of him like a springboard. Thread would let out a pained grunt, before glaring at his foe.

The Buizel, confident with his results, began to collect himself for a Focus Punch. "Now, Discharge!", called out Thomas. The Galvantula would unleash an arc of electricity at the Buizel, breaking the creature's focus immediately, and causing it to cry out in pain as electricity surged through his body, quickly rendering him unconscious.

"You okay?", Thomas aksed the Galvantula, who'd nod in response. "Good. You did great.", Thomas told Thread with a smile and a thumbs up.

notes: Buizel KO'd and skipped

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 18:35:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT CARVANHA!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / speed boost[break]
crunch / aqua jet / swagger / ice fang / psychic fangs
[break][break]

[break]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2019 18:18:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas and Thread would continue along to the shoreline. But before Thomas could really take in the sights, sounds, or smells of the area, something would catch the Galvantula's attention. With a nudge on the leg, Thomas' attention would turn to his Galvantula, who'd point him towards the familiar set of golden fins sticking out of the water, and moving in an erratic fashion. It was a Carvanha, a Pokemon that Thomas knew, thanks to the fact that he had its Evolution, a Sharpedo, among his collection.

Still, he knew someone who would want such a Pokemon.

The Carvanha would start to pick up in speed, its movements becoming more erratic and aggressive by the moment. That was, until it hopped out of the water, propelled by an Aqua Jet, attempting to come at the trainer with fangs glowing in a rainbow color. Thread saw the creature come up, and thanks to his Compound Eyes, was able to quickly and easily line up a shot, before firing off a net of Electroweb at the Carvanha, ensnaring the Water-type, tugging it away from his master, before subjecting it to current.

The Carvanha cried out in pain as it was electrocuted by the net of webbing. But once was all said and done, the Carvanha would begin to tear at the webbing with his fangs, attempting to get free, and get revenge. Before he could do this, Taze Discharged another round into the Carvanha, this time knocking the vicious creature unconscious.

"Good work, Thread!", Thomas told the Galvantula, who let out a happy cry. "Now, be a good boy, and tear the net open for me? I know someone who would want this.", he told the Galvantula. Thread would happily comply, using his legs to tear off the net of silk from the unconscious body of the Carvanha. From there, Thomas would attempt to capture the creature.

notes: Cap attempt on Carvanha. First if successful.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2019 20:53:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT CARVANHA!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / speed boost[break]
crunch / aqua jet / swagger / ice fang / psychic fangs
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PIPLUP APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
3/4 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / torrent[break]
mist / drill peck / bubble beam / water sport / icy wind
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 15:48:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as the capsule swayed back and fourth. After a tense few moments, the ball finally settled down, the sparks shooting out from the mechanism acting as confirmation that the capture was indeed successful. Thomas would allow the Water-type to be sent to his PC.

Before the duo could move on, Mist would form over the are. Following that, an Icy Wind would blow in their direction, immediately causing Thomas to shiver, and the Galvantula to stand on alert. After composing himself, Thomas looked towards the direction the wind was blowing from, ready to face whatever it was that was coming towards them.

From the bushes, a Piplup would emerge to meet the duo. The small penguin Pokemon would fire off a Bubble Beam at the Galvantula, to which the Galvantula would dash out of the way as quickly as he could. He would follow up by firing off an Electroweb at the Piplup. In response, the Piplup would fire off another Icy Wind, this one far more concentrated than the last, to blow the Electroweb away from him, before it could land.

Annoyed with this, Thread would Discharge a high voltage arc at the Piplup, striking the small Penguin. The creature dropped, seemingly knocked unconscious by the attack.

"You okay, Thread?", Thomas asked. The Galvantula, satisfied with the result, cried out in affirmation. "Good.", Thomas said, checking on the Piplup. Seeing as it was still alive, Thomas tapped it with a Safari Ball, and hoped for the best.

notes: Cap attempt 2/4

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 0:58:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT PIPLUP!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / torrent[break]
mist / drill peck / bubble beam / water sport / icy wind
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD COMFEY APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
2/4 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / natural cure[break]
floral healing / synthesis / grass knot / after you
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 5:50:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would watch as the Pokeball sucked the Piplup in. After a tense moment of watching the capsule shake back and fourth, Thomas would grin upon seeing the familiar shower of sparks coming from the button. Now he had two Pokemon to offer to Olivia for her research. Even if he had little in the way of plans to challenge the Gyms, he still felt the need to support the Gym Leaders somehow, whether that was aiding them in their endeavors, or providing muscle for them.

Before Thomas or Thread could get too far, a Comfey would pop out from the bushes. Thomas recognized the Pokemon as something that a friend of his requested before he went on this trip. The Comfey, seeing that the Galvantula had taken some licks, immediately performed Floral Healing on the electric insect. The Galvantula would feel his pain eased, his injuries healed by the process. The Galvantula cried out a thank you at the Comfey, who performed a celebratory cartwheel.

Thomas would pull a treat out of his bag, and held his hand out to the Comfey. "Thank you for that! Here's something for you.", he told the Comfey, who took a moment to smell the treat, before graciously accepting it. Thomas watched as the Comfey consumed the PokeTreat, the little one seeming to enjoy its flavor. "You like that? Here, have another!", he said to the Comfey, offering her another treat. The Comfey would happily take this treat.

Thomas would hold out his hand, offering to pet the creature. After a moment, the Comfey accepted the offer, allowing the trainer to touch her. Thomas would begin to pet the tiny creature along her tuft of "hair", something the creature seemed to enjoy. Thomas would continue to pet the tiny healer for a moment, smiling at just how cute she was. Frankly, if not for the fact that a friend asked for her, Thomas would've kept her around the house as a healer, and another one of his pets.

"If you want to come with me, I have more treats back home. And... I'd love to introduce you to someone who would love your company. So what do you say?", Thomas asked the Comfey.

The decision was now hers.

notes: Cap attempt on Comfey. 3rd Cap if successful

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 6:07:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
YOU CAUGHT COMFEY!

[attr="class","aname2"]
CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / natural cure[break]
floral healing / synthesis / grass knot / after you
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SHINY SANDYGAST APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
1/4 SAFARI BALLS REMAINING!

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / water compaction[break]
earth power / shore up / mega drain / hypnosis / ancient power
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sandy Bridges
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 21:11:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as the Comfey studied the capsule for a moment, before letting out a cheerful cry. The green Fairy would tap the mechanism with one of her tiny arms, allowing herself to get sucked into the Pokeball. After a single weak shake, the ball sparked off as usual, signifying the capture was his. Thomas smiled, and had the Comfey sent back to the ranch.

Thread would spot something along the shores, noticing a distinctly black sand mound. The Galvantula tugged at Thomas' pantleg, getting the man's attention. He would turn to see the black mound of sand, with the white and yellow shovel sticking out of the top. "Could that be...?", he mused, before sending out Colt the Clawitzer out.

"Fire off an Aura Sphere on that black mound of sand.", Thomas told the Clawitzer.

Colt would give him a strange look, before complying. After a moment's charging, the Clawitzer would fire off an Aura Sphere at the black mound of sand. Much to the crustacean's shock, the orb of Aura would sail through the mound, with no effect on it whatsoever. It would cause the black sand mound to turn around, revealing two holes, the smaller one on the upper side sporting glowing blue eyes peering out from within.

The Sandygast's eyes would glow with Ancient Power. A glowing rock would emerge from the sand, levitating above the haunted sand mound. The rock would be lobbed at the group with considerable force. Thread would manage to scuttle out of the way with ease. Thomas managed to dive roll to the side. Colt would propel himself to the side with an Aqua Jet. Colt, enraged with this, fired off a Water Pulse at the Sandygast.

The empowered ball of water fired from the large pincer of the Clawitzer struck the Sandygast head on, causing it to cry out in pain. The Sandygast would find its body being hardened as the Water Compacted it. It would then begin to absorb nearby sand, Shoring Up, and healng off some of its injuries. The Sandygast's eyes would glow again, but this time, the earth would erupt from under the Clawitzer, sending it reeling back, before it recovered.

Angered by this, Colt fired off another Water Pulse at the Sandygast. This time, the orb of water caused the sand to seemingly go limp. "You okay?", Thomas asked Colt, who gave him a nod, and an annoyed shake. "Good.", Thomas told him. "You did good, bud."

Thomas walked over to the beach to check on the fallen Sandygast. Despite its form being limp, he could see that it was still holding together, as if it was merely knocked unconscious. Thomas would tap the Sandygast with the last Safari Ball, and hope for the best.

In any case, this would be the end of the road for Thomas. Whatever the result was, he'd pack up his two companions, and head out.

notes: Cap attempt on Sandygast/ending

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin