a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON May 31, 2019 5:53:34 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

They were never the same.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper watched from one end of the sprawling battleground, letting her eyes switch from one display of violence to the other. The rush of a pokemon battle came with its benefits—good for the pokemon and good for the trainer—but for Bailey, it had evolved into a necessity.[break][break]

Her Aggron roared—his voice distorted into a sound that no normal pokemon could ever make. It was guttural. It was violent. It was frightful.[break][break]

She was used to it.[break][break]

After the encounter with the Ultra Beast—the first contact—he had grown to crave battle. The medical experts had said that he had been altered, that the Aggron she had once known had been changed in unexplained ways. The poison tainted the sheen of his metal, the blue of his eyes, with its venomous gleam.[break][break]

She waited for the gym battle to end, watching as her pokemon grew stronger and stronger with each blow he sustained. It was a side effect. It was something that was unlike anything Bailey had ever seen before.[break][break]

"How's yours doing? Just as temperamental?" She said as it was time for Arian to switch, letting her Aggron shudder with unspent energy in the middle of the warzone.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 2:06:33 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","starrytop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]returning gallade. he'd take out another ball, this one being a long time ally and partner, alakazam. "he hasn't been the same since we met that thing." was it smart to call it out? "alakazam's been unresponsive, and it's like he doesn't wish to tell me his true thoughts anymore. he's shut me out." arian gripped the pokeball of his psychic companion. with a horrible scar upon his back, could it be that he resents arian for his disfigurement? but he did that of his own accord, so why?

"alakazam, the gods have flipped their coin and you're my next choice, onto the field!" expelled from his ball. alakazam showcased a malicious look as his expression. a piercing gaze etched the image of aggron standing before him into his brain. thinking of many NASTY PLOTS that could be done unto the steel-type. his body emanating a horrendous aura, and without command, he'd release a PSYBEAM.

a multicolored beam had been released within an electric manner. "without command?!" arian uttered in shock. for alakazam never maneuvered without a plan. arian didn't even have to think nor say an action, he just went for it. the dancing, eletrical beam of telekinetic energy hurdled toward the ferocious aggron. it's power a bit more stronger than the norm.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-star"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
alakazam used nasty plot!
alakazam followed up with psybeam!
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://images.imgbox.com/24/eb/0OwbgBF6_o.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext b]color:#6794e7;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 3:21:28 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE ARE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT IS THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT IS THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT IS ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[break]

She cracked open a tin of mints—chewed through the chalky confections just to feel her teeth ache.[break][break]

“Been trying to give them an outlet,” and Bailey knew her words would be barely legible as her Steel-type pounded his fists to his chest; a war drum. Blackened blood rose to the surface, bubbling from the cracks and from the scars that had tarnished the polish of his steel coat. When it flushed down his body, it did not stain red.[break][break]

Her efforts were wasted. The Aggron's frustrations were unending.[break][break]

Another roar. Another reverberation. Alpha screamed with such a strength that she can hear the strain; rage that could have only been matched by a wild pokemon driven to the brink.[break][break]

That was what their pokemon had become. Wild.[break][break]

The summoning of the Alakazam signaled the end. Her eyes transferred from one feral pokemon to the other, letting her teeth shine as she gave a satisfied smile. “All in?” A bad joke.[break][break]

Aggron tore forward, bounding to the tainted psychic without a hint of self-regard. His body was lowered, head angled so that his steel horns would be at the peak of his charge; she could hear the scrapings of his claws and the sight of dirt as it was wrenched from the ground in clumps.[break][break]

The psybeam hit dead-on; rainbow lights refracting from her Aggron's helm as he pushed through its onslaught, subjecting himself to the damage with only a grunt to express the damage he had sustained.[break][break]

One metal hand clenched, forearm reverberating with a tremor that made his armor plating splinter.[break][break]

aggron used metal burst![break][break]

A swing as the fist would be retched upward, curving with the heavy pokemon's momentum as he would throw himself into the uppercut; its target was the Alazazam's jaw, wanting to steer the pokemon from the sanctity of the ground.[break][break]

But he was not done yet. Pushing himself into the second strike, the Aggron would have overexerted itself if it were not for his stubborn, rocky exterior as he would bring down the second fist as if it were a hammer to the psychic's shoulder.[break][break]

aggron used double edge! rocky helm has eliminated the recoil!

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2019 9:13:53 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]"you're so crude." arian spoke within a hushed tone.

aggressive. the aggron pushed through the chromatic beam. "aggron's are known for having a strong defense. this won't be an easy fight for a telekinetic being. with one fist he uses metal burst to return what was given, meaning..." with a SUCCESSFUL HIT on alakazam with the fist that utilized metal burst. alakazam was brought upward with an uppercut. then, with its other hand, alakazam was about to be crushed by the powerful double-edged hammer of anguish.

quickly, TELEPORT was used to vanish out of thin air. and where did aggron appear? "above." alakazam hovered over aggron's and, once more used TELEPORT. alakazam appeared within the spot aggron once stood before the start of the battle and foresaw into the foreseeable future of what was to come. so, to avoid that, alakazam would use DISABLE upon the aggron as a sonar would be released from its gaze. preventing the pokemon from being allowed to utilize DOUBLE-EDGE again.

"alakazam and aggron are fighting of their own accord without command, and aggressively might i add." placing a palm upon his head, he'd groan, "i hope they don't destroy this gym." to have almost been hit by double edge would've been a surefire way to his defeat. alakazam had to nullify his the aggron's heavy offense quickly and effectively, but what of its defense? for now he'd have to wittle the metal-type down.

[attr="class","ooc"]
alakazam was injured by metal burst!
alakazam used teleport!
alakazam used disable upon aggron, nullifying its usage of double edge for a short time! ( i'll let you decide on the length/duration; i also had a different way of utilizing, but decided to just go with the game aspect. let me know if you want me to edit this post or got any questions tho! )

[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://images.imgbox.com/24/eb/0OwbgBF6_o.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:565px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 4:18:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[break]

Bailey would have shouted an order, but she knew it would have been a waste of time; however, her stare remained fixated on the battle, oblivious to anyone that was watching.[break][break]

Her Aggron was caught in the moment. His trainer was long forgotten. His focus had sharpened to the strange tremble that laced his arm, keeping him from executing his downward strike as he had intended—his purple eyes shifting from the ground up, spying his opponent as the Alakazam suspended himself.[break][break]

Their hostilities would have been equal at that moment; his maw parted to release a screech that was so shrill, it made Bailey's head tremble from across the room.[break][break]

Aggron used Metal Sound![break][break]

And with that declaration, the Aggron would launch himself up from the ground with one hard push; swinging at the hip to wretch his tail forward as it was coated in a silvery sheen; an attack that was meant to slap the Alakazam back to the ground, where it would be back in his grasp.[break][break]

Aggron used Iron Tail![break][break]

"What'd you say?!" Bailey shouted with her hands clasped to her head, still hearing the ringing from the Metal Sound. "I can't hear shit!"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 1:49:27 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]

an unavoidable scream was released. arian covered his ears. the shards around the gym's windows shattered and fall to the ground. "i just got those cleaned!" he cried. alakazam was a tad bit shaken, but with a NASTY PLOT in mind. his thoughts were only focused upon all the ways he could humiliate the armored beast during his shrieking yell. "he jumped?!" how did something that big even have the ability to jump so high. alakazam used his psychic ability to hover himself midair.

for interrupting alakazam's concentration merited a nice retaliation. so, with a powerful PSYCHIC blast. the beast was pushed forcefully back unto the ground. and, ONCE MORE, another PSYCHIC blast was released for an extra oomph. but arian doubted that did anything significant or grandeur. alakazam, then, used TELEPORT to return back onto Arian's side of the field.

his only reasoning for calling out the psychic-type to face against this armored beast was due to the pair sharing a similar wound from their last mission. gallade had a better chance at combating the creature than alakazam. the odds were stacked against alakazam. "hm..." he'd turn his gaze to the side to think. leaving alakazam to fend for himself. the psychic-type awaited for the aggron to try his hand with another trickery, utilizing his third eye to foresee what would occur in their future.

[attr="class","ooc"]
alakazam used nasty plot!
alakazam used psychic x3!
alakazam used teleport!

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2019 17:00:07 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Humiliation would not daunt him.[break][break]

Psychic struck him to the ground with its invisible force, driving up the ground and letting it disperse into the air from its wake. Rippling clouds of sand would have obscured the Aggron from sight as the second psychic burst to divid it. Rushing winds was the only indicator of the bolt of energy, followed by a sheen of white as the shape of the Aggron's hand became visible—and then the ghostly shield that he held above himself, cut like the face of a diamond with its sharp, angular slopes.[break][break]

Aggron used Protect![break][break]

Protect had stopped the second strike, but it would not stop another. The Aggron rumbled, letting the sound catch in his throat, as the poison threatened to boil over. Attack was raised from every strike... and Bailey Cooper knew that her pokemon was drawing close to his limit.[break][break]

And he would be all the stronger for it, until it would finally overwhelm him.[break][break]

She opened her jaw, hoping that the motion would make her ears pop. Her hearing had been shot—the attack of Mossdeep had lingered as a low ringing that refused to fade. Maybe she'd need hearing aides when she was older. Maybe this was punishment for listening to loud music.[break][break]

“Sorry about the windows—but hey, that's a just another business expense, right?” Because she would not pay to have them replaced.[break][break]

Another guttural wail as Aggron threw himself back into the fight, chasing after his teleporting foe. The future sight would tell one truth: out of all the countless outcomes, the Aggron would never relent from this aggression. No matter the actions taken, no matter how hard he was slammed or thrashed across this gym, he would pick himself back up.[break][break]

Double Edge was still unusable. He settled for Iron Tail. The empowered appendage snagged a sharp, jagged chunk of the battlefield that had been raised from his impact—snagged from the outer edge of the crater that he pulled himself out from.[break][break]

Aggron used Iron Tail![break][break]

“Uh, dude you might wanna—” the word “duck” had lingered on her tongue, but was not spoken as the Aggron hurled the rock as if it were a javelin.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
a shadow over me [gym]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 3:12:42 GMT
arian coin Avatar
everybody's starry eyed

[attr="class","starrytext"]

alakazam stood in front. but this fight was getting out of hand. alakazam had no intention of listening and it also was outmatched in terms of physical. the battle could continue to go on until both tired out, but this was all but pointless. the aggron wasn't done yet, with the aide of iron tail it would arise a chunk of rock from the ground--swept. the dangerous gravel was chucked in a bundle.

it was coming in fast, strong, and hot. "alakazam!" he shouted angrily, "protect your trainer!!" alakazam was enraged, but his trainer was also in a pinch. with his PSYCHIC he'd halt the soaring rocks midair. ignoring the aggron, he'd turn around to face his trainer. as if he were threatening the gym leader by, his body language sizing up arian.

quickly aiming his pokemon at the alakazam, he'd shout, "return!" his hand was halted with alakazam's telekinesis midway, but the pokeball would quickly ensnare the psychic with a flash of red beam. arian held his breath for a moment as the psychic had almost harmed his trainer, something alakazam would've never have done before. had he remained out any longer who knows what he would've done, but it was clear he wasn't protecting arian when those rocks were hurdling his way.

panting heavily as he'd fall to his knees. he'd look toward with a sheepish grin, "i suppose we'll call this your win." upon admitting defeat arian wanted to get his alakazam checked out--fast and soon.

[attr="class","ooc"]
congratulations, you won! woo!