2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 4:53:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
mission: a deadly job

[attr="class","freypost"]calcifer is out of his ball. he's been itching to see more of the field since evolving during her battle with councilman silph. so she'd brought him along for this one, figuring that the constant light emitting from his tail would prove useful. 

they stand in the quiet night, calcifer looking apprehensive, freya a bit on edge. so far from slateport. there's little evidence to support that the missing persons report is connected in any way to rocket, but she can't help drawing the conclusion. as much as she doesn't want to, she's starting to think she'd rather find that mr. banks had taken a tumble rather than getting himself abducted. 

calcifer's nose twitches and he swishes his tail, bringing it around his front so the mists a few feet before them part. freya nods at her mission partner. 

"i was hoping we could fly from above, but the fog is too thick. i think we'll have to take this one on foot."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 5:19:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
mt. pyre looms in the near distance; threatening in nature yet also calming in a sense. he peers at it with great admiration. he's always been fond of nature, of the historic landmarks that make a region memorable: kanto has mt. moon, johto has mt. silver, and hoenn as mt. pyre. landmarks need to be preserved because once gone they'll be forgotten.

forgotten, like the region-renown extreme sports athlete, mr. banks if they fail their mission.

"it is safer on foot." 

nodding, alexander reaches for his belt and calls out india, who takes a quick sniff of the air before turning to meet his trainer, wagging his tail in excitement afterwards.

"we need your help, india." 

kneeling, he pulls out a sports shirt and allows the poochyena to sniff for as long as he needs to. india's head perks up and he immediately turns on his feet only to run off through the mist towards the entrance to the mountain.

"i fear the mountain has more than the spirits of resting pokemon. be careful, freya."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 5:31:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she smiles, despite the grim situation, at the enthusiasm from the poochyena. though she's met with alexander on several occasions at this point--more than enough to push them past the boundary of acquaintances, though not yet friends--she's yet to see the team he boasts. his gym is aligned with fighting-types, but there aren't very many trainers that monotype like her. 

regardless, she's glad that he has a partner that will be of use to them. her team will help them in a battle, or if they find themselves in a precarious moment on the cliffsides, but they definitely don't have keen noses like alexander's friendly pooch. 

calcifer trots after him, though stays just ahead of them so that he might continue to provide them light. "you mean  it might also house the spirits of restless pokemon?" she says, an ill attempt at humor. her face darkens. "i hope there's not more to this than it seems."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 11:18:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"it might. but i hope not." 

he meets her ill attempt at humor. they past the threshold of the entrance and there is an immediate change in the air. the scent changes; it's heavier, almost more damp. it also gets darker and darker and freya's charmeleon does what it can but it can only do so much. twenty-feet vision soon greets them.

woof! 

india's squeaky bark cries out, guiding them as they venture deeper and deeper into the mountain. the terrain soon changes, growing rougher and more jagged. in the distance, shapes start to form and as they approach it becomes clear as to what they are: tombstones.

a lot of them. his fingers trace the surface of one as he approaches; eyes reading what's inscribed. "have you ever lost one?" he asks, assuming she already knows what mt. pyre is most famous for: housing the dead. "my mother used to tell me stories of how the spirits buried here would appear to those who mourned for them. she brought me here a few times; to talk to the spirits. to feel the spirits." he pauses.

"i never did feel them."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 19:32:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she's never been afraid of the dark. she was born a daughter to the moon, grew up knowing shadows and the cover or night. but this is something different. it's unnatural, unsettling. she has goosebumps on her arms and she swears she can feel her pulse in her ears. but calcifer is close and moxie is closer, wrapped dutifully around her shoulders. 

she raises a hand to stroke the ekans' head and she closes her yellow eyes, tongue forking. when alexander poses his question, her grip on moxie tightens. she lowers her hand, shakes her head. "no," she says, fingers grazing over the top of a tombstone as they walk. 

"i don't know what i'd do, to be quite honest," she says softly. "i'm lucky dragons live so long. lyune was my father's pokemon as a child." she knows he doesn't mean a loss to old age, but she can't even begin to fathom losing any of her pokemon in the midst of a battle. they're too strong for that.

she jumps when a couple of pokemon scamper out of the bushes nearby. the rattata and furret lift their snouts and stare anxiously at the the two trainers, no doubt wondering what they're doing off the beaten path. but then they hear india's barks and run off again.

"maybe you were lucky not to," she says. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 14:02:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he kneels by one of the tombstones and runs a hand over the engravings, wiping off a collected layer of dust. he looks at it with a somber expression. "maybe i was." he doesn't turn away, his fingers tracing the outlines of letters.

"it never bothered me much, not feeling the spirits. i was never superstitious to begin with. but then i lost her and suddenly i wanted to feel them. i wanted to speak to her and let her know that i was sorry. i must have sat here repeating those words a few hundred times before finally giving up." 

india's bark beckons for him to move on but he doesn't. he remains kneeling even as he hears the scitter-scatter of india's small feet on the ground trailing off in the distance.

"she looked like yours. smaller, younger, but just as beautiful." 

clearing his throat, he rises back to his feet. he turns, stepping away from the tombstone of his fallen friend to walk after where he had heard india's bark come from. he blinks his eyes dry.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2019 2:25:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]impermanence is something that she understands, but loss? she knows what it's like to keen after someone after they've been long gone, knowing that they're out there somewhere, doing something. but there must be some sort of power in knowing that you could do something to bring them back, to see them. 

utter hopelessness, desperation, these are things she can't even pretend to understand. and so she watches alexander closely, praying that she's not being too invasive. 

her stomach twists. the tight wistfulness in his words is what makes her look away. he soldiers on and she stands there, reaches out hesitantly to touch the tombstone. her fingers curl before she does and she drops her hand. calcifer stands by, looking back at her as he inches forward to keep their partner swathed in light. 

"i'm sorry," she says as she catches up. she puts a tentative hand on his shoulder. "i should have realized..." 

india barks again, this time more urgently, and freya looks at alexander. "it sound like he found something?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2019 14:17:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
she didn't know. she couldn't have known. which is why her apology catches him off guard. he turns when she touches his shoulder,nodding head once as the solemn look fades. "thank you." he doesn't need to say it but her words, no matter how brief, do bring him comfort. "they truly are mythical creatures." 

india's bark cuts their conversation short. he nods at freya, and takes a step in the direction of the bark. the pathway grows narrower as they venture deeper; they start curving upwards, indicating that they are most likely traveling up the mountain. but as they continue down the path, the mist grows thicker.

"india!" 

and then he feels it: a chill on the back of his neck. he narrows his eyes, turning his head to the side to look backwards at nothing. absolutely nothing. when he looks down again the mist has risen a considerable amount. "something is not right." 

he says the obvious but even then his voice is muffled, soft. he isn't even sure if she heard him. bark! india's faint bark comes from the right and alexander doesn't hesitate. he steps into the thick of the mist, almost recklessly disappearing into it but he knows she has his back. she is right behind him, isn't she?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 2:16:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she wonders after him, clutching at the circlet necklace that rests against her chest. worried fingers wander over the hand-painted ball directly at the jewelry's center; lyune rests in it at the ready. fitted neatly to the right and left are where aeris and sypha reside, and the latter three are typically interchangeable. 

but she keeps her hand there, on lyune's ball, as she follows after him. she shakes her head, clears her thoughts, and moxie curls tighter around her shoulders, tongue flicking incessantly now. 

she's too busy hurrying after alexander that she doesn't hear the urgent hiss coming from the snake. the fog thickens, unnaturally so, and calcifer's light gets swallowed by the mists. she jogs a couple of feet ahead and then stops when she realizes she can't see where she's going. she waves a hand in front of her face. 

moxie starts to unspool from her shoulder and she reflexively reaches forward, catching her before she can twine her way to the ground. "mox, we can't get separated. i'll just get lyune and faf out and they can take care of these mists." the ekans shakes her off and freya cries out, stepping hurriedly after her. 

moxie slithers under the tripwire, but freya isn't so lucky. with her hand under her necklace to unlatch her pokemon's capsules, she yanks on it awkwardly as she tries to catch herself. 

clasp snaps, wrist twists, and darkness threatens half of her vision as she hits her head against the rocky ground. she's vaguely aware of moxie curling protectively around her, fangs bared, hisses of warning unyielding. 

she's dazed, aware of shapes, the pain in her wrist, dull in her head. something silver glints in the bushes a few paces in front of her and she reaches for it, calls weakly for lyune, alexander, someone

and then moxie's weight is gone. someone grabs her shoulders. her tongue feels thick. a tittering female voice laughs. 'it can't be her, man.'

'can we just fucking go? this ekans is giving me hell.'

she woozily steps forward and then the mists go dark. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 14:46:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
bark! bark! bark! 

more frantic in nature, india's bark sounds through the narrow confines of the mountain. it is the only thing that leads alexander on the right path. a look behind him and suddenly his heart drops, eyes widen, and he swivels his head left and right, looking for her.

"freya." 

her name leaves his mouth normally but no sound comes from it. his brows furrows anxiously as he reaches a hand to his belt and with a push of a button, light bursts free to battle the darkened mists for mere seconds. gallade lands in a battle stance, ready to defend and counter should he need to.

a hand is held up. alexander allows both silence and darkness to surround them, enveloping them but not rendering them of their senses.

and then he hears it: the familiar scitter scatter of india's feet. the sound grows louder and louder and from the mist emerges the same poochyena. india tilts his head and glances up at them but doesn't bark. the oddity of it is what tips alexander off.

that, and the sudden increase in temperature.

"gallade!" 

a sudden WIDE GUARD is enacted; its mystical barriers surrounding them in an arc just in time to stop a flamethrower from burning them alive. the flames lick at the barrier that holds, and when the fire dies out is when the battle tilts in their favor.

the barrier breaks only because of the psycho cut that is sent flying. it soars through the air, psychic energies rippling as it hits something; what exactly, they aren't sure, at least not until gallade lunges up and slams into the ground. another wide guard booms in a sweeping arc, clearing the mist immediately to reveal a sweaty-looking man and his magmar.

india barks at the man then charges straight at the fire-type, showing his sharp teeth as he lunges forward to play rough. it is from this distraction that allows gallade to finish the magmar off with a precise close combat before teleporting behind the sweaty man. gallade holds a sharp psycho cut to his throat, pinning him to the wall.

"where are they taking her?" 

that is the first question alexander asks because he already knows the situation. from india's bark to the unnatural mist, it has become clear to him that this is a set up. he approaches the man; gallade presses harder.

"where?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 14:48:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A DEADLY JOB - DONE!

[attr="class","ipad"]
THE BRIEFING[break][break]

Five days ago, a region-renown extreme sports athlete went missing while on one of their trips. The athlete's family is used to these impromptu escapades of theirs and didn't think much of it until now. You've been sent to locate them and return them (or their remains) to their family. Be careful. They're known to traverse rugged terrain and dangerous landscapes.[break][break]

setting: mt. pyre, route 119 or any water routes.[break]
requirements: at least 2 rocket/league, and at least 5 posts each.[break]
rewards: 50 poke, 5 infamy.[break][break][break]

CREDIT

made by the lovely champ! ♥
[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 14:48:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
RELEASE (SLATEPORT)

[attr="class","ipad"]
THE BRIEFING[break][break]

One way or another, you've been captured and detained at Slateport by Rocket thugs. They've held you for ransom, but you know the League's stance on terrorism like this. They will not give in. It is up to you to break before dawn: the date of your supposed execution. Escape from your location of containment (you can be creative) and flee the city before you meet an untimely demise.[break][break]

setting: slateport city.[break]
requirements: at least 2 league, and at least 5 posts each.[break]
first time rewards: 50 poke, 4 infamy, potential item.[break]
repeatable rewards: 25 poke, 2 infamy, potential item.[break]
bonus condition: have one rocket member join / +1 infamy.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 21:18:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]time is lost to her. her hands are bound behind her back, and though they had the courtesy to take her blindfold off before throwing her in the back of the truck, everything is still dark. the air is stale and tastes like sawdust and dirt.

blood has crusted on her forehead and a new bruise has welled under her eye, a small symbol of victory after she'd received it from headbutting one of her captors. they'd tried to be careful, but she hadn't missed the r's emblazoned on the uniforms carefully tucked under their shirts. i'm sure it's protocol to button every button

she spends a lot of time thinking in the back of their truck. they should have seen that it was a trap. moxie had tasted the pokemon-induced mists and she hadn't listened. 

she squeezes her eyes shut. and where is he? her shoulders feel naked, barren. the ekans isn't in the truck with her, that much she knows. but that's not all. her chest is barren, collarbone exposed. 

her necklace is gone, still tucked under the bushes. lyune, aeris, sypha--her only hopes of escaping....

she shakes her head. alexander will find me. he'll know i've been taken. and then it'll just be a matter of getting the rest of them back.

"they'll be fine," she whispers. "we'll all be fine."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 2:12:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
through the skies of hoenn they soar, flying at an immense pace because no time can be wasted. his hands awkwardly hold on to whatever they can and his legs are wrapped tight around flygon's body, buckling every now and then as they battle the resistance of the skies. he holds on despite the discomfort, determined to find her.

it's not hard to. like savages they transport her in the back of a truck. a fucking truck. the ambush was well set up but what follows is what gives them away: they are amateurs who expected a lowly league personnel. it was only out of pure luck that they managed to find a councilwoman.

he will be their reckoning.

this dragon will be their reckoning.

the pale truck comes into sight. "there." redirecting flygon by shifting his weight, they start their downwards descent. his eyes narrow under the pressure but he tugs again once closer. still hidden by the clouds, they continue flying, following the truck before it disappears into the walls of the city. but they remain in the air, floating, as they watch the truck pull up at one of the buildings near the outskirts. they make their stealthy landing not too far away, hidden by the trees.

he knows how dire the situation is. the grunts might be dumb but rocket as a whole will know what to do with a councilwoman. so he knows he has to act before someone of real threat arrives.

risky. but that's how it must be played.

"over there, flygon. we will not be long. when you see us leave, you leave as well." 

flygon purrs, nodding as he turns to face the front of the building. it's a two-story with far too many windows, making it easy to judge where people are. he sees the most movement on the bottom floor. back against the wall, he takes a deep breath and then nods.

"go." 

the dragon takes a large leap up into the air, wings flapping once, twice, before landing in front of the building with a loud crash. the ground cracks under the pressure and he releases a loud screech, beckoning for those inside to react. and they do. not all of them but enough start to make their way outside.

from this distraction, alexander approaches one of the windows, staying close to the wall to remain hidden before peering in, pokeball in hand.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
trap [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 2:36:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]hours pass. she knows it's important to keep her sense of time so she tries, gods, she tries. but after the first three she starts to slip, starts to wonder if she'll ever reemerge from this rocky cage. she coughs into the crook of her arm. shaking fingers splay across her cheeks; one is swollen, scraped. higher, blood flakes off of her skin. she touches the wound on her forehead gently. fresh blood wets her fingers. 

she drops her hand, fingers curling, and she closes her eyes though it doesn't make a difference. and she sits and she waits, and she waits, and she waits. 

✦ ✦ ✦

the truck stops later. early dawn light stretches over the horizon. she can tell that much from under the blindfold. her captors manhandle her out of the back and she lets them. she lets them because she knows where she is. she can hear the rumble of the sea in the distance, the sound of wingull in the air, and the eerie quiet of a city that's been left a shell: slateport. 

she coughs again, gets a sharp kick to the ribs in response. 'hurry up.'

they walk, though not in silence. the woman's voice sounds to her left. she feels a hand on her cheek and resists the urge to bite at it. 

'shit i think you were right. it is her.'

'the fucking
councilwoman?'

voice in her ear then, slick as a snake's hiss, 'isn't that right, morningstar?'

"where's the ekans?" she asks lowly and gets another tittering laugh in response. 

they talk amongst themselves for a bit, discussing the best way to alert their higher-ups. they're in the headquarters so it won't take more than a few minutes for someone of importance to take over the situation. she can't let that happen. 

she would open her mouth, spin some wild fantasy about only talking to them for whatever reason, but the idiots decide they're going to take matters into their own hands anyway. 

'we beat the info out of her and hand it and her to silas on a silver platter, yeah?'

✦ ✦ ✦

there are new wounds on her face. cut marks on her throat, a steadily dripping gash on her leg. her eye has closed shut now, mottled bruise staining her fair cheeks. she spits blood in the woman's face. 

'it's not working,' complains her accomplish. freya smirks. 

her head snaps as the woman slaps her across the face. freya winces and then slowly raises her head again to meet her eyes. keep them frustrated. keep them on me. he'll find me. he has to find me. 

the woman kneels down in front of her, trails her fingertips along the gash in freya's leg. she shows teeth, eyes glinting, and calls over her shoulder, 'bring it to me.'

freya looks past her as the man disappears. when he returns, she struggles forward against her bonds, teeth clenched. the zip ties cut into her wrists and her chair threatens to tip over, but the woman steadies her, looking rather cheery. 

'now that's what i wanted.'

moxie's snout is wrapped and she's tied crudely to a wooden plank. her body writhes against the bonds and freya strains again when she meets the ekans' eyes. 

"don't do anything you'll regret," she threatens through gritted teeth. eyes like fire, embers burning inside of her. the woman only throws her head back, raises an arm. a thin blade snicks out from her palm and freya cries out as the woman's arm comes down. 

the knife slices through air and freya coughs hoarsely, doubling over. "stop. stop." 

and then moxie is in her lap, looking up at her, breathing hard. but freya can see the glimmer of hope in her eyes, the reassurance that comes with being so close. 

and then moxie is screaming--hissing and spitting and writhing against the bonds as the knife plunges into her eye. blood sprays in freya's lap and she screams. her vision darkens--scarlet, black. bruised wrists start to bleed as the ties bite into her skin. the woman keeps carving, hand curled around moxie's neck as she hollows out the ekans' eye. 

freya doesn't hear the crash outside, but the other grunt does. he waves to a few other guards and they release their pokemon before heading outside.