2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 1:03:13 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she felt as though this particular decision made for an entirely selfish one. but that intense desire to return that which had been lost had plagued cait's waking moments once she had awakened to her gift. and so she had experimented with her newfound power, a nervous excitement filling her to the brim  as she plucked at the fabric of time and gingerly unraveled it piece by piece; retreating seconds and then days into the past as she did so. 

'amazing,' she marveled. 

there was potential present within its potency but she had no desire to wield it against those whom sought to undermine the league. instead she desired to right a wrong and bring back an individual whom had dedicated the entirety of his life toward ensuring the safety of his comrades and those whom were loyal to hoenn. she would not allow for him to remain lost at sea - cold and alone among the remnants of the collapsed tower. 

she reached him prior to his death - with not much time left to spare before he fell into the cold and unforgiving waters. the young woman received him while he was unconscious - his body burnt, blistered and peeling. her tropius had naturally aided her in her endeavor, the large beast accepting the burden of both his mistress and her injured comrade's weight as they maneuvered from the time of the tower's collapse to present day. 

'he's unconscious.' 

cait desperately clung onto him the moment he was within reach, a ragged sob of relief escaping her as she realized there was still life left in him.

'i did it,' she thought, wiping at her eyes. 'i can save him. thank the gods - thank you, celebi.' 

he was very discreetly brought into the confines of her gym and placed upon the stone circle that served as its centerpiece. she had her pokemon handle him with the utmost care, fearing that she'd be incapable of doing so due to her trembling hands as well as his superior bulk. 

'he's hurt,' she said. 'he's so terribly hurt.' 

but she was determined to mend his flesh and reverse the damage that had been brought on by flame. cait peeled away his heavily burnt garb, leaving only his undergarments before her hands gingerly traversed his singed flesh. 

'the damage's deep,' she thought, assessing his pitiful state. 

"
please," she whispered, her eyes falling shut. "please.

the woman invested as much energy as she could manage, focusing upon undoing the damage and repairing the man's skin as well as what rested beneath. it drained her energy reserves immensely, but she continued onward as her forehead grew slick with sweat. the energy that oozed from her in thick and potent waves washed over him, the combination of her touch and presence causing the steel-type expert to heal little by little. 

his flesh was no longer obscenely red after seconds had transitioned to minutes. it had instead taken on a comparatively healthier parlor as the damage was slowly yet surely reversed. 

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 13:30:54 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar
she did it.

it isn't like in the movies; he doesn't miraculously wake up to gasp for air only to feel okay moments after. he's not okay. things aren't okay. and they might never be but the thing that matters the most is that he's alive. by some miracle he's here: lying on stone surrounded by green and grey in a place unknown.

he awakens long before his eyes open. he listens to the array of sounds around him: the chirping of birds, the crinkling of grass, and for a while it feels like he's trapped in a wonderful dream. a dream he does not deserve.

but then his eyes open and as they do, bitter reality sets in. he remembers it all: remembers being burned to ash and falling from great heights. but he doesn't remember the impact. it's like he's still falling and as he looks around he's met with the realization that he's all alone. no one can stop his fall. but maybe she can catch him.

"cait--" panic and a sense of urgency soon sets in. he reaches for her, grasping at her shoulder only to pull her close. "what...what happened? the people, are they--" dead. he doesn't say it but his eyes convey his message: pleading, as if scared of her response.

he wants to sit up. wants to jump to his feet and start sprinting back home to sootopolis. but again, it isn't like in the movies. his skin is healthy but his body is not. the pressure it went through has taken a toll and he realizes it as he even struggles to sit upright. it's then that he notices how weak he is; and how his hands shake.

"i remember burning. i remember falling. i remember dying. i'm not supposed to be here. why am i here?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 13:49:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait gently shushed him and silently urged the man against moving excessively. presently nikolai was a combination of sensitive and weak, the renewed flesh almost alarmingly tender. 

"it just wasn't your time."

she pressed him gently against the flat of the stone shortly after uttering the frustratingly vague response, the woman continuing onward with her thorough examination until she was absolutely certain that his innards were in proper shape.  all he needed now was time for his body to recover, that frailty that presently plagued him a blessedly temporary thing. 

"
you're not dead," she reassured. "you didn't die. you -

cait paused only to search for a more appropriate term for what had occurred. 

"
- you merely fell asleep for a short while.

if his gaze was to wander he'd be welcomed by the sight of her numerous companions, the pokemon having observed their mistress as she painstakingly revived nikolai. they offered the pair an adequate amount of space but they continued to crowd around them - nearly every single one eager to bear witness to the former gym leader's return. 

"
are you experiencing any numbness? any sharp pain? a dull ache is to be expected - and your skin will feel a bit 'raw' for a few more days until it toughens up on its own.

she gently cupped his face, her caress tailored specifically toward comforting the man. 

"
breathe, nikolai," she said. "everything will be alright now. you're safe and well again.

[ reunion ] 

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2019 14:52:43 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar
fell asleep. he would laugh if it didn't hurt so much. instead he narrows his eyes and shakes his head once in disbelief, clicking his tongue as he slowly lies back down. "and you woke me up." a statement more so for himself than her as he searches for comfort through any means.

but it doesn't come. he looks to his left, then his right, and he feels nothing but an absence. it's as if he's lost and all alone despite the woman with her hands on his face. he doesn't even notice her hands until he looks back at her.

"why did you do it?" 

why did you save me? he was content with dying; he practically accepted it as he fell. to have that ripped away from him makes him feel like he's been denied in some weird and twisted way. perhaps death is something he once longed for. but does he still?

he looks into her eyes, pleading. "you didn't answer me, darling." a hint of his old persona returns and glimmers for a moment. he reaches for her hand, grasping as he holds on. 

"did they all die?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2019 15:35:14 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"no."

she stared down at him as she responded to his inquiry, her expression indiscernible. 

"
you were the only one.

cait felt a pinch of anguish as she somehow found the strength to meet his gaze. despite the weariness that plagued her the green-eyed woman's tone of voice remained steady. 

"
as far as i know," she continued. "there were no losses league-wise; aside from a few pokemon - may they rest in peace.

if only she could save his companions - but they were lost to time now.

"
i couldn't just leave you there, nikolai," she said. "not when there was so much left to be done. we need you here - with us.

cait squeezed his hand gently, the flesh of his comparatively larger paw reassuringly warm.

'warm and alive,' she thought, relieved. 'i did it.' 

she very nearly slumped over as her eyes fluttered shut, the woman on the cusp of collapse. she was untried when it came to wielding celebi's power - and the act of forcibly dragging someone from death's door proved an overwhelmingly tiresome experience. 

"
i did it," she murmured, her eyes stinging with tears. "i actually did it."

[ shed a tear ] 

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 15:04:58 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar
he chuckles once in obvious disbelief. a part of him refuses to believe her words because they seem too good to be true. "lovely." the only one to have died. he shakes his head and does the slightest of eye rolls but soon meets her gaze again.

"what if i don't want to be here?" 

his words are damning. he has more to say but he holds his tongue, remembering that she essentially brought him back from the dead. she defied the gods and did it. for him. for him. it is still difficult to wrap his head around that realization and he doubts he ever will.

he feels a sudden but temporary increase in pressure on his body. it's only then does he see how weak she looks; she almost nearly slumps over and it's clear now that it's because of him. to mean that much to someone; to be needed in that regard; it makes him reconsider his stance.

it makes him compromise.

"you did it." slowly rising to sit upright once more, he reaches a hand to her face and wipes stray tears that have escaped. "i'm sorry for what i said. thank you for doing what you did, cait. i might not fully understand why but still, thank you." 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2019 17:12:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait stared at him for a moment before excusing him for his poor choice of words. 

"it's okay."

she blinked at him through a pair of bleary eyes, a dim glow present within the shimmering orbs before her eyelids lowered once again. 

"
i hope you don't mind if i keep you here until you're -

until you're what?

this had made for a poorly thought out plan and she hadn't really considered the complications involved with returning a man who was presumed to be buried at sea back to the land of the living.

'how will everyone react? they'll question it. his memorial was barely a month ago - hoenn thinks he's dead.'

cait forced herself to return to her previously held kneeling position, uncertainty creasing at her facial features as she wearily eyed the man. 

"
- until you've decided what you'd like to do from now on.

'there's so much that he doesn't know.' 

"
i've a favor," she began, hesitant. "you can't - you can't tell anyone i was involved with bringing you back. i doubt they'll be happy about it.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 2:30:01 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar
it's okay. two words are enough to fill him with a sense of relief, no longer regretting his choice of words. he sighs and allows his hands to fall off her face, too weak to keep them up for longer.

"until i'm healed and don't smell like a burned corpse. no, i don't mind." 

groaning, he shifts on his ass as he remains sitting. only now does he take a moment to gauge his surroundings and more specifically at the various pokemon that surround him.

he looks to cait. "you've grown a lot since the last time we spoke. i'm guessing they're yours." he gestures to the myriad of grass-pokemon around them. then he asks another question that has been on his mind; one of many.

"where are you hiding me, darling? this doesn't look like your home. nor does it look like sootopolis. so where am i?" 

a favor. he purses his lips and nods, listening. her words are true. "i doubt the universe is happy with it. you've defied nature, defied death and brought me back. i do appreciate it but like you said, i'm not sure if people will." 

he takes a moment to think before speaking again.

"which is why no one must know."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 15:45:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait's face grew warm in an immediate reaction to the praise, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her painted lips. 

"this is my gym. 
the council noticed my rapid ascension in the ranks and approved my application because of it.

additionally, mister silph had taken a almost immediate liking to her. which had essentially eased the way to claiming a precious and rarely gotten gym leader's slot. 

"
you're in mauville," she informed. "mauville city.

'my home,' she thought. 

"
and they're not all mine, nikolai."

she was aware that he had been left with nothing and had prepared a gift for him before taking the steps necessary to retrieve him. cait's gaze lifted from him in favor of searching the crowd before she signaled for a single pokemon to come forth.

"
this one is yours," she informed, excitement edging her tone.  

a metang approached the pair and hovered before them, the moderately-sized beast of steel patiently awaiting instruction. 

"
but only if you want them.

the woman hoped he'd accept her gift - aware of his inclination for steel-type pokemon. it wasn't much; but she hoped it was enough. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/375.png
[ if accepted please respond here. ]

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
revival . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2019 13:43:23 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar
inklings of tears start to build in his eyes at her words. to hear that she had come this far, to be assigned as mauville's protector, it makes him emotional and makes him feel something he hasn't felt in a long time.

proud.

"you've really grown, cait." no darlings, no sweet talk. she's brought him back from the dead and now he bares himself to her: genuine.

at her words, his eyes turn to the sea of pokemon, watching in anticipation. at the sight of the metang, his eyes widen, and he slowly shifts on the ground, first planting one foot on the ground as the other knee supports his weight.

"metang." 

he extends a hand out and twists so his palm faces up, gesturing for the steel-type to approach. and it does, slowly, hovering until its cold surface brushes against nikolai's fingers. it makes a buzzing sound as its red eyes glow slightly brighter.

"we're partners now. i have your back and you have mine. i swear by the gods i will do right by you." 

metang nods, then shifts even closer to gently nudge against nikolai's body. he exhales a chuckle and allows his arm to fall against the metang. he turns to cait.

"thank you, cait. for everything."