soul [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 17:59:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
mission link: < x >

[attr="class","salempost"]kvasir is at his side for this mission. the ghost-type will hopefully prove a useful companion when it comes to clearing out the so-called haunted house. 

the rumors have gotten out of proportion, but he's found that's usually typical with this certain type of pokemon. the house itself has become some sort of local legend. kvasir seems to think that the ghost-types have simply claimed the place as their own, and are trying their best to thwart anyone who wishes to remove them from the premise. 

he almost feels bad, kicking them out of their home, but there are plenty of other places to haunt, and the site is too important to rocket to simply write off. the expansion has been going well so far--slow, but steady. and this house would make the perfect halfway point between the new headquarters. 

they stand at the ready outside the property. kvasir looks nervous and salem lowers a hand to scratch the gremlin behind the ears as an awkward sort of comfort. 

[newclass=.salempost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.salempost i]color:#5ba0a1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.salempost b]color:#5ba0a1;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 18:20:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sampostt"]from smuggler to exorcist. so far, that was sam's new occupation. more like, that's what rocket was going to pay him to do for the moment. without much hesitation, sam made his way into the haunted house after recieving the mission and was currently fidgeting with some of the electrical outlets. it was times like these that he wished he would have gotten himself that magnemite when he had the chance. for now, he would have to settle for having jude light his way. all she had to do was be out of her pokéball and the flame atop her head would serve as a great light source.

making his way from one of the rooms back toward the main entrance, he can see the fellow grunt that rocket sent to help him with the 'exorcism.' familiarity is all over his face as got closer. even jude relaxed a bit more at the familiar human.

"well, look at that. guess they think we work well enough together." or something. sam wasn't too good at small talk, but at least he tried, right? his waving hand was quickly returned to his pocket, and cue him straightening his back because slouching isn't a man's best friend.

+ post 1/5
+ @salem

[newclass=.sampostt]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sampostt i]color:#765d75;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sampostt b]color:#765d75;font:bold 12px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;font-weight:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sampostt a]font-family:courier new;font-size:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 18:29:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]he looks down at his watch. he didn't even know who he was supposed to be looking out for. yet another piece of information that rocket doesn't feel is necessary for lowly grunts like himself. his impatience is written all over his face, but it dissolves as soon as he hears the door to the house open in front of him. 

he blinks. "oh," he mumbles to himself. truth be told, he hadn't wanted to go in by himself, and so he'd stood out in the open waiting for his partner. he hadn't even considered that said partner wouldn't have his crippling anxiety and would be totally fine walking into the house by himself. 

he's good with names and faces, and honestly he's relieved to recognize the person standing before him. "sam," he says, relaxing a bit. "yeah, i guess so."

he looks down at his gengar. "we were planning on trying a little diplomacy before making things difficult. you cool with that?"

[newclass=.salempost b]color:#5ba0a1;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 18:59:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sampostt"]so, the 'oh, sam' had definitely caught him off guard. if only because maybe he hadn't thought himself somebody to be impressive, or maybe somebody who would make enough of an impression to be remembered. but then again, he and salem had gotten along well enough previously. and in such a tense situation to begin with! okay so maybe it was fine and he was just a pessimist to begin with. 'shut up.' he told his brain.

"diplomacy is my favorite approach." most of the time grunts wanted to smash into a situation and just brute thier way through something. diplomacy? yes please he would take that change of pace.

"craster, my trevenant, could be a back up if needed." sam was sure to look at the nervous gengar and give a soft smile. it was often that sam showed charming smiles to reassure anybody that it would be okay. like now. craster wouldn't mind being a fellow 'body guard' of sorts for the gengar during the diplomatic conversation with the ghost types of the haunted house.

+ post 2/5
+ @salem

[newclass=.sampostt b]color:#765d75;font:bold 12px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;font-weight:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sampostt a]font-family:courier new;font-size:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 19:16:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]"sounds like a plan," salem says. he feels awkward as he allows silence to lapse between them. he's a bookworm and a tech junkie; most of his time is spent holed up in a room with several computer monitors and a quiet greninja for company. on top of that, his social skills have never been anything to write home about. 

so, instead of trying to continue the conversation or belay the awkwardness in any way, he simply sticks his hands awkwardly in his pockets and starts walking forward, back up to the door where sam had come from. 

the mission is the one thing they have in common so, assuming that sam is following him, he says, "did you..see anything while you were in there? have an idea of how many there are?"

kvasir stops suddenly and salem grimaces. the gengar is shaking, eyes half-closed. "it's okay, bud. i won't let them hurt you," he mumbles. he goes for the ear rub again, but kvasir twitches them away and hastily moves forward, movements erratic and flighty. 

"on second thought, we might...want to get ready for this to turn sour."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2019 19:50:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sampostt"]watching the gengar get tetchy had sam a bit worried. he was sure to let craster out of his ball, allowing the weeping willow of a pokémon to stretch his limbs and branches, rattling his leaves before looking to the gengar. craster's roots squeaked against the wood of the house, which gave him an idea. he started to weave his roots into the floor using ingrain. it would keep him stationary, but perhaps the old wood would tell him what his trainer needed to know. he even slipped his eyes closed to show his concentration.

the movements craster gave were normal and sam didn't seem to flinch. he simply looked to the gengar, then to salem. "you... think it would be better to do more of an ambush? craster's trying to see if the old wood will give away any secrets, but there's no real promise in the approach. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. but as far as when i was in there, no. i didn't see much of anything but an old abandoned house. which makes me think it's probably haunted by a pokémon who's spirit was tortured and killed in the house."

no, he didn't realize how creepy he sounded. yes, his tone held a tinge of excitement. he found the idea that ghost pokémon were birthed from the souls of the departed so fascinating that he sometimes came off a bit human toward the subject.

+ post 3/5
+ @salem

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 0:42:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]while the ambush may be the better option, kvasir's courage returns to him (for the time being) and he makes his way into the haunted house before either trainer can stop him. salem looks at sam sheepishly and then shrugs his shoulders. really all they can hope now is that everything doesn't end up going to hell. 

and they're proven not so lucky when said door blasts back open and kvasir is thrown out by a supernatural force. the gengar stumbles back, but manages to land on his feet. he looks at salem, eyes blazing with anger, and curls his hands into fists. 

salem drops another pokeball, knowing that crux's dark-typing will give them an edge, and then he looks at sam. "looks like we're going to have to kick them out by force." he actually smiles a bit. "you ready for this?"

i'm down w doing more than 5 posts btw. idc
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2019 18:29:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]
[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","sampost"]

"as ready as i'll ever be..." at least, that's about how he felt. he wasn't insanely confident that he had much but jude to go against the ghost types without having the disadvantage due to weaknesses. for now he'd just keep craster out and attached to the house. maybe the trevenant could get the upper hand somehow. so far, he would keep in pretty good health being ingrained into the house. [break][break]

turning his attention to said pokémon, sam gave craster a brow raise. "think you can help the gengar out, craster?" [break][break]

the trevenant gave an ominous noise that resembled a chuckle and snort. after his chortle, his eyes closed and his branches and roots stiffened. he seemed to be preparing himself for whatever battle they were about to face. it was his way of telling sam, salem, crux, and kvasir, game on. [break][break]

@salem + [break]
post 4/5 + [break]
we can totally do more than just 5 posts, i just like to keep track for the sake of completion and i'm ocd it's fine

[attr="class","samtri2"]
[attr="class","samnotes"]
[break][break][break]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampost a"] font-size:11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2019 3:37:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]despite his lack of expertise when it came to battling, he's actually feeling confident. granted, crux usually takes the lead and ends up instructing the rest of his team. living out on the streets for most of her life has given her an edge that salem can't even begin to dream of having. 

kvasir trembles, but struts forward all the same. twin black orbs form on his hands as he leaps in through the open door. he lands on all fours, palms slamming into the floorboards and dispelling a DARK PULSE

the porch outside trembles and salem hurries up the stairs. they creak underneath his shoes. inside, he eyes a shuppet that had apparently taken a brunt of the attack. it rests on its side, looking dazed. a couple of misdreavus converge on the gengar, but crux's silhouette rises behind them by way of SHADOW SNEAK and sends them flying with a well-aimed slash. 

ok perf <3
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2019 18:33:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","sampost"]

immediately following the shadow sneak from crux came craster's own phantom force. it was timed well enough, seeing as the ghost types that tried to reach out from the house after that shadow sneak had been hit gave banshee shrieks as they dissipated into what seemed to be nothing. sam assumed it was more of a retreat though, and less a fix to their problem.[break][break]

something in the house moaned and wailed like it was dying as the ghosts retreated. that had sam uneasy and assuming the worst. something along the lines of ghost god, or ghost legendary, or something like that. hopefully, it was just a pissed banette, holding a grudge and taking that grudge out on whoever came into what would be assumed as its house. take out the house's source of energy and take out the house.[break][break]

"sounds like we've got our hands full." sam called out to salem before glancing around. "your pokémon are a bit more mobile than mine," as he spoke, craster used his shadow claw on some shuppets that got a bit too close. "there's got to be a leader who attracted all these ghost types. something with a big grudge, my bet's on a banette." since they were full of negative energy from their past lives.[break][break]

post 5/5! +[break]
@salem +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[break][break]
[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2019 16:39:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]what sam is saying makes sense. he checks on kvasir. the gengar has gained his confidence back. he nods to sam to let him know that he's understood. crux, dodging blows from a rather feisty duskull, looks over her shoulder at salem while she waits for orders. 

"we can handle this," he calls to her. "go scour the rest of the house." just for safe measure, and to give her some backup in case she needs it, he sends out eevee. the normal-type should be able to bypass most of the ghosts and can land a vicious bite to any who get too close. 

he looks at sam. "you know more about this than i do. you should go with them. kvasir and i can hold them off, with the help of your trevenant. i think you're right about something controlling them."

ok perf <3
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2019 17:02:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","sampost"]

Sometimes Sam hated being right. But usually that was only the case when he could clearly see that he was going to be in deep shit. Like now. When he saw that they were going to be splitting up in order to conquer the mission better. Spectacular.[break][break]

”Sure!” Sam tried to sound enthusiastic through his sarcasm… who even knew if it worked. ”Craster, lend a hand.” Sam winced. ”Er, a branch… some twigs? Whatever. Good luck buddy.” He gave Craster a wave before making his way back and into the houses depths with Crux and Salem’s Eevee.[break][break]

Craster’s voice was like an echoing laughter. It sprouted through each and every crack in the house. His wooden body was slowly forming into the entirety of the house. Every once in a while, a piece of the wood of the house would latch onto one of the ghost types and begin squeezing it until it surrendered or passed out. Then, slowly, the Trevenant’s control over that part of the house would release the ghost so it could rest during its unconscious state. [break][break]

@salem +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 16:17:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]despite the situation, a growing respect forms for the ghost-types as they battle. he's never much considered himself the muscle of a team, by any means, but somehow he's landed himself with a strong retinue of partners, and an even stronger leader among them. 

crux dashes forward with eevee scrambling to keep up behind her. the greninja looks back, pausing, fingers splayed on the ground as she crouches. she tilts her head sharply. the house creaks, groaning, and a moaning sound echoes from down the hallway. sam is behind them now and crux's eyes widen as she spies hundreds of spinarak pouring into the hallway behind them. 

crux lets out a deep-throated growl. water shurikens twist into her hands and then she lets them fly; they whiz past sam's head with deadly accuracy and take down a couple of the spiders. 

im figuring the spinarak could be cool illusion magicks LOL. 
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 17:18:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsr"]
sam could hear the battle in the main 'lobby' of the house coming to a close. they really were kicking ass in there, and sam couldn't be more proud. however, something in the way that greninja was looking had him hesitant to make a move. so instead, he remained still, and his heart skipped a beat when she threw water shurikens by his face.

he swallowed, took a half a second to make sure he hadn't pissed himself, and then turned around to see what she had been aiming at. sam's eyes grew wide and he couldn't help but groan. "nope."

his decision not to deal with that was made quickly and without any hesitation. as he continued to run forward, away from the spinaraks that weren't making any noise, he climbed up a few flights of stairs, trusting the greninja to take care of anything dangerous, before looping around and into what he assumed to be the master bedroom. who else would be haunting the house?

much to his surprise, it was empty.

"shit." now what? oh, basement maybe?

he popped his head out first, checked to make sure it was safe, before exiting the room and huffing. "i made a wrong assumption," some of the floorboards moved under his feet and he lifted a brow. oh, but he knew the laugh behind that movement as craster's. he took a step on the board and was lowered down a to the ground level qucikly. "we're heading to the basement."

+ @salem

[newclass=".wizzsr"] text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr b"] color:#716075;font-size:13px; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr i"] color:#716075;font-size:13px; [/newclass][newclass=".wizzsr a"] text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
soul [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 2:48:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","salempost"]the water shurikens cause the spinarak bodies to fall, legs curled as they plummet to the floor. crux is too focused on the rest of the hoard to notice that the pokemon never make it to the ground. she claps her hands together and croaks at eevee to stand behind her. 

the normal-type does, fluffy tail lashing, teeth bared. crux presses her palms together quickly and then thrusts them in front of her; water spurts from the ducts in her pads; a devastating hydro pump whirls down the hallway. 

the hall floods and eevee shakes out his paws with a grimace on his face. crux blinks, stands straight when the spinarak appear...frozen in the air? 

the bodies evaporate and it's eevee that manages to catch sight of a ghostly presence wriggling through the floorboards and down "to the basement."

the pair rejoin with salem and the others. the sound of fighting has quieted at this point and crux is surprised to see kvasir still standing strong, no longer quivering with fear. salem nods to sam and then points at a half-ajar door. 

"whatever you guys were doing made the rest of them run down there."