[O] Don't Stop Make it Pop

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2019 17:52:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,900]
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jartox"]
[attr="class","jartoxpic"]

[attr="class","jartoxlyr"]
she's 'drowning'
[attr="class","jartoxpost"]

"Lee, c'mon--" [break][break]

SPLOOSH. A blanket of water came crashing into the deck, hard enough to fly up and completely drench the young woman standing on the wooden planks. She was wearing her uniform - so right here, anyone would see a police cadet letting out a long, unamused wheeze. Bright green eyes looked down to glare at the seahorse pokemon, who appeared more than content at the trainer's dismay. "Lee, I swear to fucking arceus--" She curses, beginning to pull out the pokeball on her belt. She holds the device out, with the intention to recall the Kingdra--[break][break]

But this. [break]
This little shit.[break][break]

He thought this was a joke. He thought this was funny. The Kingdra actually used his snout to blow bubbles to her face, which she immediately snuffed and tried to brush off, to no avail. She was a cadet, for got's sake - so why was she actually tensing up and cringing at bubbles in her face? She tried to aim the pokeball at the pokemon, but the guy had the gall - the fucking audacity - to side step it. "Wha--" She starts, wiping her face with her gloved hand. There was a long pause and silence as she stares between the pokeball and the pokemon, and then her brows furrow. [break][break]

Honestly. Onlookers would probably hear a vein popin the dragon trainer's head. "LEE YOU SON OF A-- GET OVER HERE." The trainer suddenly shouts, beginning to get closer to the deck's edge. No, she wasn't impressed. She tries to recall the pokemon again. Then again. And again. And again. But every. Single. Time. This damn seahorse kept giving her that look - that sly, smug look - in his eyes every time he twisted his body to make her miss. "When I get my hands on you--" She starts, as she approaches the ledge. Unfortunately, she didn't notice.. How close to the ledge she was. As anyone would think, the young woman slipped into the water with an ungraceful splash. [break][break]

Probably also splooshing the people around, too. [break][break]

"EEP--" She squeals out, before she's cut off by the water. She's down, under the water for a good little while before she suddenly juts up, gasping for air like she were gonna be devoid of it. After the gasp of air, she attempts to keep her arms above the water before frantically waving them in the air. "HELP, I CAN'T SWIM!"[break][break]

And it was rather shallow. If she only extended her legs, she'd probably be able to stand. [break]
If anyone would tell her about that is beyond her.

[attr="class","jartoxtag"]@open

[attr="class","jartoxcred"]JARONART

[newclass=.jartox]width:500px;height:500px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;margin:0 auto;position:relative;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpic]-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 90% 0, 100% 50%, 89% 100%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 90% 0, 100% 50%, 89% 100%, 0% 100%);width:250px;height:500px;position:absolute;top:0; left:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/RtzbGQf.jpg);background-size:cover;background-position:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxtag]padding:5px;font-family:Roboto;font-size:8px;letter-spacing:2px;border:1px solid #fff;position:absolute;bottom:10px;left:-150px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff;transition:all 1.4s ease-in-out;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartox:hover .jartoxtag]left:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxlyr]padding:10px;font-family:Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:6px;text-align:center;line-height:100%;letter-spacing:2px;border:1px solid #ccc;color:#666;width:200px;position:absolute;right:17px; top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpost]width:200px;padding:10px;height:400px;overflow:auto;font-family:Roboto;font-size:9px;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;color:#666;position:absolute;bottom:20px; right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpost b]color:#9EC1C5[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpost::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#eee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpost::-webkit-scrollbar-track]background:#e3e3e3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxcred]color:#ccc;font-family:Roboto;font-size:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-align:center;margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxcred a]color:#ccc;text-decoration:none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2019 22:49:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
a thin crowd was gathered to bear witness to the woman's 'drowning'. everyone of them was likely aware that the water was far too shallow to finish the job; not that the uniformed cadet was aware of it in her obviously panicked state.

'she's going to swallow too much water if she keeps it up.' 

cait stepped forward, a concerned look tugging at her soft features as she reached for a pokeball that was secured upon her steel wristband. her lapras emerged from its depths in a flash of energy, appearing to immediately relish the age old combination of sun and surf.

"
help her, please?"

the water-type blinked and turned his head to eye the frantic woman, a hint of amusement entering his gaze as he unhurriedly made his approach. he'd soon dip his head, pressing his face closer and urging her to cling onto whatever body part was most convenient. lapras crooned softly all the while, hoping to calm and soothe by producing the melodious sound.

"you alright?

cait called out to the cadet, presently crouched upon the wooden planks that miya had fallen from. 

[ splish splash ]  

@miya
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 5:26:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jartox"]

Boo

Miya immediately grabs onto the scaly, blue, seahorse pokemon who seemed to be having an absolute riot at how his trainer was suffering. "Oh, har har!" She begins, ungracefully splashing the laughing Kingdra just a few ways from her. And you know, she was too panicked to really see the amount of people who decided hey, lets crowd around this girl and watch her suffer. If it weren't for the fact that she was pining over her Kingdra, she would have (very rudely) splashed the onlookers with some of the sea's salt water. Hey! She didn't start it! They were the ones who were just staring when she clearly needed help! She was gonna die! Seriously, especially since she was still in UNIFORM of all things! [break][break]

If it wasn't this water, then it was gonna be the humiliation that kills her. [break][break]

Thank ARCEUS that somebody comes to see her, lapras in tow while hopping into the shallow water to help this (flailing) cadet. The woman grabs onto the shell, sighing softly while trying to heft herself up and onto the back of the lapras. All the while, she gave her Kingdra a bright, green glare from the corner of her eye. Did he think it was funny? He totally thought it was; and no one could blame him. After all, the people and pokemon around got to witness a woman in uniform screaming and flailing like the child she internally was. Her hand still clutched onto the Kingdra's pokeball, even going so far as to tighten her grip that much more. Thankfully, the lapras was successful in lulling the young woman into a sense of security, enough for her to visibly relax even the slightest bit. [break][break]

Miya, upon approaching shore, sits softly as she sits herself up on the wooden platform. Her hair had been drenched, clothing was damp and lungs were (probably) filled with water, seeing how much she coughed into her drenched sleeve. "Peachy." she replies, through another cough. The Kingdra swam up a bit to shore, giving another snicker in his little kingdra voice. "Oh, shut it you huckleberry--" She shoots another glare the pokemon's way, but that seemed to encourage him. Miya lets out a soft sigh, turning her attention to the trainer of the Lapras. "... Ehm.. I'm fine. Er.. Should be. Thank you." She starts. [break][break]

Unfortunately, the fact that people were around, and staring, seemed to have finally sunk in. [break][break]

"I-I could have dealt with that, myself, though...!" she raises her voice slightly, a hue of pink rising to her cheeks as they puffed into a pout.

[attr="class","jartoxtag"]

[newclass=.jartox]width:500px;height:500px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;margin:0 auto;position:relative;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpic]-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 90% 0, 100% 50%, 89% 100%, 0% 100%);clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 90% 0, 100% 50%, 89% 100%, 0% 100%);width:250px;height:500px;position:absolute;top:0; left:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/RtzbGQf.jpg);background-size:cover;background-position:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxtag]padding:5px;font-family:Roboto;font-size:8px;letter-spacing:2px;border:1px solid #fff;position:absolute;bottom:10px;left:-150px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff;transition:all 1.4s ease-in-out;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxlyr]padding:10px;font-family:Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:6px;text-align:center;line-height:100%;letter-spacing:2px;border:1px solid #ccc;color:#666;width:200px;position:absolute;right:17px; top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxpost]width:200px;padding:10px;height:400px;overflow:auto;font-family:Roboto;font-size:9px;line-height:12px;text-align:justify;color:#666;position:absolute;bottom:20px; right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jartoxcred]color:#ccc;font-family:Roboto;font-size:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-align:center;margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2019 23:10:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait blinked in response to the woman's choice words, her eyebrows arched as she gave a small nod. 

"
right," she replied, unconvinced.

once the woman found her way back onto the wooden platform she'd give her a hasty once over. she was careful to ensure her gaze didn't linger, all-too aware of the 'benefits' of a thoroughly soaked through top.

'she'll be alright.' 

she wasn't showing the usual signs of someone who had suffered from a near drowning. no glassy eyes - no hyperventilating - actively communicating; all signs that she was fine.

"you don't have to feel embarrassed," she said. "but i do suggest changing out of that uniform."  

@miya
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2019 12:41:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jartox"]

Boo

"Erk.." Is all she could really respond with. Was she great at lying? Oh, gods no. Was she any better with keeping her cool? Absolutely not. To some extent, she felt a little.. Bad, for reacting the way she did. She'd just turned the situation.. Odd, she thought. Thankfully, the woman in front of her was understanding - understanding enough to still be kind to her despite that earlier response. [break][break]

She gently rubs the the side o her neck, taking a deep inhale before repealing a deeper sigh. "Er.. I-I'm not.. Exactly embarrassed.." She stammers slightly, keeping note to avoid eye contact. Definitely not embarrassed. She wasn't the cadet that was found, in the shallow area, crying about how she was going to drown. Definitely not. [break][break]

She glances down at her uniform which - unfortunately for her - had been soaked enough for it to be slightly transparent. Save for the sweater that she tied secured around her waist, the lighter blue t-shirt wasn't exactly spared. Miya attempts to stand herself up, under the weight of soaked clothing, the best she could, that is. "Yeah.. I probably should before I get a--.. ahhh--" Cho. A cold. She suddenly sneezes, facing her head downwards as not to sneeze on anyone. Or anything. [break][break]

She gently wipes her face with the wet sleeve, then trying to wipe of any droplets on her face with an open palm. She glances back up to the woman but.. This time, with a slightly.. More.. hopeless expression on her face. "Uhm.." She starts, beginning to rub the back o her neck again. "Would you happen to have anything I could borrow..? I don't exactly.. Have any spare clothing or.. Cloth in general."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 16:29:00 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she'd award the flustered young female with a patient smile, visibly pleased that she'd request her aid.

"
i can grab some fresh and dry clothing for you," she said. "if you come with me.

it wouldn't be difficult to acquire something the woman's size at the local pokecenter. they dealt with lost goods on a semi-regular basis that hadn't been claimed for some months. typically any garments that went without their original owners  were washed and promptly stored. 

"
return, lapras.

the sea worthy pokemon was promptly stowed away within the confines of his capsule, his mistress shifting her focus back onto the young cadet. her apparel was vaguely familiar, but for the some reason she couldn't place its origins.

"are you... apart of law enforcement?"

cait led the woman toward the nearest pokecenter, encouraging her to do so with a gesture as she inquired to her profession. the question would be quickly followed by a kindly - albeit rushed - introduction. 

"
oh! i should introduce myself. i'm cait. cait alfric. it's an absolute pleasure."  

@miya
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 23:54:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jartox"]

Boo

Arceus almighty, angels do exist. [break][break]

And it took the form of a green haired woman with a lapras. She was grateful that she wasn't speaking about the earlier.. predicament, and rather responded with patience. Especially with her demeanour and attitude, and outburst. Most people wouldn't even consider helping her out, after her frantic attempt to make things less embarrassing for her(spoiler alert: the attempt never helped). The woman only quietly nods her head, following along and using this moment to calm herself down. [break][break]

Although she does look to the side, tenting her fingers together. "I-I'm.. Sorry for the trouble.." Her voice is soft to meekly apologize, like she hadn't done so in years. Before following, she pulls out her pokeball to recall the Kingdra. She was gonna fight him, later. Fight the Kingdra, even though she could only barely swim. [break][break]

Barely was being generous. [break][break]

She follows along, trying to stay at the woman's side. She holds her hands close to her abdomen, until she's asked about.. Her occupation? Oh, right. She was still in uniform, so it was a pretty good assumption. "Mhm." She nods her head, reaching into her pocket to pull out a damper badge. "The police! I only recently joined, though, because I got out of military training." As they arrive at the pokemon centre, she holds her hand out. Momentarily oblivious to the fact that her hand was still.. A little damp from the water. "Miya, it's nice to meet you."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2019 0:56:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait accepts the hand unflinchingly, appearing to not at all mind the dampness that clung to miya. 

"let's see if we can't find anything for you to wear, miya."

she'd speak to whomever was available at the front desk of the local pokecenter, the nurse there greeting them in the usual way  before shifting her gaze between the thoroughly soaked through woman and her green-haired counterpart. cait was the one who inquired to their selection of replacement clothing, her companion's predicament fairly obvious. 

"if you can give me your measurements i'll check if we have anything in your size."

it was only after acquiring miya's specifics that the nurse disappeared into a nearby closet before emerging with a dress and flip flops that were roughly her size. 

"i'm afraid this is all we have." 

cait offered the garment an analytical look, arching a sculpted brow as she did so. 

"
you a fan of dresses?

the gym leader gestured toward the formerly owned and freshly laundered item, curious as to how miya would react to the offered clothing. 

@miya