awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 2:32:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she is numb now. panic flutters in her hummingbird heartbeat, but her skin feels cold, thoughts distant. she hits the ground hard and dismounts stiffly; moxie is unconscious now, breath shallow. is behind her, watching over her, and yet she doesn't even register him in her peripheral. 

she walks through the gym as a couple of trainers move outside to greet her, their carefree walks folding into something more urgent as they see the limp pokemon in her arms. 

'someone get leader alfric!' 

'councilwoman morningstar, she's on her way. she should just be in the greenhouse.'
hands are on her back, guiding her, urging her forward, and all she can do is walk, put the fate of the ekans in their hands. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 2:41:50 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait had been called upon for an emergency, the name morningstar briefly mentioned when the alert had inevitably reached her. 

'morningstar? of the council?' 

she removed herself from her personal garden, adorned in wear that was suitable for harvesting. they'd meet in her personally cultivated forest that filled the vast confines of her gym, all manner of thick shrubbery surrounding them. 

"miss morningstar, i - "

cait slowed to a halt before the woman, her green eyes round with alarm.

"
i... see.

she'd dismiss freya's guides with the wave of her hand. 

"
i'll handle this. alone. thank you for bringing them to me.

cait offered her arms, gently encouraging the woman to surrender her injured companion.

"
let me see them."

she appeared perfectly calm despite the blood and freya's obviously frazzled state - the young woman aware that she needed a clear mind to handle a situation such as this one. 

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 15:59:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her first instinct is to hold moxie closer. in her arms, she can't be hurt anymore. in her arms, she's safe. but reason wages war in her trauma-addled brain and her shoulders slump. hands are shaking now; the ekans' tail dangles limply. 

she swallows and rests moxie in cait's arms. her eyes clear as she looks up at the woman, heart ballooning with trust, a small sense of relief. fire flashes before her again and a muscle in her jaw flicks, teeth clenching. 

"she's lost so much blood. her eye..."

she trails off, looks down, finishes with, "i couldn't stop them."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2019 20:16:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"rocket, then?"

she stifled a weary sigh. 

'why am i not surprised?'

she cradled the lengthy form of moxie within her arms, gently manipulating the serpent to peer into the depths of her hollowed out eye. the bleeding had slowed considerably, moxie's body attempting to put a natural stopper to the crimson flow. 

'i don't deal with eye injuries very often.'

still she had some knowledge stowed away on the subject. cait knelt and gently deposited the pokemon onto the ground, ignoring the blood that had smeared her hands as well as her clothing in favor of continuing her examination. 

"
when it comes to the removal of an eye," she began. "one must concern themselves with an excessive amount of bleeding, infection and swelling."

the woman checked the snake's breathing followed by her pulse, her fingers pressing against where she'd detect some form of pulse.

'slow but not uneven. not great - not terrible.'

cait clicked her tongue, her brows furrowing as she realized that moxie's breathing was worryingly shallow.   

'i'm thankful she seems mostly out of it. the adrenaline's worn off so the pain's likely at its absolute worst.' 

"
i need to take her to my apartment for treatment," she informed. "can you carry her for me?"

she paused, her gaze lingering upon the woman's face. 

"
she's going to be alright, miss morningstar. i'll make sure she gets through this."  

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2019 4:34:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the adrenaline is starting to wear off. her head spins and she takes an unsteady step backwards, steels herself with a gentle shake of her head and focuses on what cait is saying. she bites her lip, hard, when the gym leader places moxie gently on the ground. 

her anxiety comes off of her in waves as she leers over cait's shoulder, fingers twisting, untwisting. she's talking, but none of her words make sense. they fall on deaf ears; some of them come through blearily. but she shuts them out almost as soon as she hears them, focuses on her breathing, touching the spot on her neck where moxie usually rests. 

that gives her a strange, dysphoric sense of comfort. 

it takes her a long minute of staring blankly at cait before the request makes sense. she nods and reaches for the ekans. she curls almost reflexively at freya's touch. 

"th-thank you," she manages. 

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2019 5:06:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait led the thoroughly shaken and distressingly quiet woman toward her apartment, its interior blessedly neat and devoid of mess. the only creature whom occupied it was her hypno and the psychic appeared less than pleased. 

- it's dripping all over the floor. - 

she didn't dignify the words which had - thankfully - filtered its way into her mind and her mind alone - with a response. 

"grab my surgical kit from the lavatory."

hypno leveled her with a knowing look, her pinprick gaze lifting from the snake. 

- why? - 

"
just do it.

the item was promptly retrieved and the kitchen table was thoroughly sanitized along with her hands. 

"
i'm short on gloves," cait remarked, frowning as she pulled on her last pair. 

hypno neatly laid out the tools as cait directed the council member to gingerly deposit her snake onto the table. she'd immediately commence with treatment, once again gauging the snake's breathing as well as her pulse which had weakened by a noticeable enough margin. 

'i'll need to clean out the socket before doing anything else.' 

cait stared down at where moxie's eye had been, her brows furrowed. 

"
did they use a knife?

either way the work done to moxie was sloppy and couldn't be considered anything less than barbaric. she went about removing any amount of debris present, the woman remaining focused on the task at hand as she began her work. 

'it's too bad she couldn't retrieve the eye. i might have been able to...' 

cait clicked her tongue and remained silent. 

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2019 15:26:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she feels so useless. and if it's one thing that freya is well-known for, it's that she can't stomach feeling useless. she paces nervously. cait's hypno moves around her to get whatever the girl requests and freya awkwardly side-steps. fingers curl and uncurl and she shifts her weight, even as she stands in place. 

she wants to go stand by her partner, let her know that she's there, but she can't get in the way. and she can't stomach looking at her, looking at what's happened because of her. 

her stomach tilts again, nausea choking its way back up her throat. she sits heavily on cait's small couch, looking a little green. 

elbows prop on her legs, fingers splay over her face. breathe. breathe. 

"a---i...i don't remember. it--yes, it was a knife." reconciliation. she watches the woman gouge moxie's eye out again, feels satisfaction run through her veins when the scene flickers, when her bones are popping, skin curling to ash. 

can hypno read minds???? 8)))))
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2019 18:16:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the young woman flushed out the eye, the excess blood that had pooled within the socket removed. the muscles that had been crudely severed were visible, as well as the slightly irritated flesh that had been exposed between the moment of the incident and now. 

'let's hope that the knife was clean.' 

there wasn't any sign of trauma elsewhere, cait thankful that the rocket had prioritized removing the eye and little else. a stabbing motion as oppossed to a carving one would have likely resulted in the blade penetrating the snake's skull - which would have made for a much harder fix.

'block freya's line of sight,' cait thought, tugging upon the mental bond she held with hypno. 

- of course, mistress. - 

hypno positioned herself accordingly, appearing to play the part of the nurse as cait tapped into her gift and discreetly sealed off the oozing crimson; a hint of a shine entering her gaze. 

"bandages, please."

the hypno handed the soft and cream-colored material over, her mistress covering moxie's eye and looped the length of cloth around her entire head three times before neatly tying it off. 

"
she's fine," cait announced. "half-blind and likely in need of an artificial eye to fill the space - but she'll make a full recovery."

moxie was also terribly weak, the loss of blood significant but not significant enough to result in death. cait slid off her bloody gloves, depositing them into a tiny bin where she rid herself of anything that was covered in biological fluid.

- the woman's in shock, - hypno communicated, eyeing freya.

'i'd be too if you or any of the other ones were the one who lost an eye,' she thought. 

"
freya, do you need a drink? something to calm you down? alcoholic? non-alcoholic?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 16:10:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her hands fall away from her face and she stares down at them, at the mottled brown stains. rust-colored stains garishly cover her cheeks, the bridge of her nose, smatter across her forehead. it's so strange, to look at the blood on her hands, and to remind herself that it is moxie's, and to find comfort in this fact. 

the alternative is worse. 

she looks up, half-stands when she can't see moxie. but her fear of startling cait, of messing her up in any way possible as she works on the ekans, makes her sit back down, defeated. 

'she's fine.'

she closes her eyes, savors those words. she's fine she's fine she's fine. 

tears spring into her eyes and flow freely now. she stands shakily and makes her way to the table. moxie sleeps now, less fitfully, breath even. she looks so much better. her eye isn't healed, of course, but the wound has closed. her brain's too addled to notice the lack of sutures. 

hands reach for moxie, but then they fall. she needs rest.

"yes," she says, tasting ash in her mouth. "just water. please."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 7:02:29 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"hypno?"

- i'll handle it, mistress. - 

cait excused herself politely prior to retreating into the bathroom, deciding that a change of wardrobe would make for an appropriate choice. her top was smeared with a combination of soil and body fluid - her pants having miraculously escaped the worst of it. she had been in the midst of harvesting from her garden and had only been partly on her way to being done - so her wardrobe had already suffered prior to morningstar's arrival.

'the harvest can wait 'till tomorrow.' 

she peeled the shirt off and replaced it with a cleaner one, washing her hands once again before checking herself in the mirror. 

'the glow's gone. good. and no marks.' 

every time she utilized her gift her body reacted depending on how far she pressed, the power more often than naught causing either her eyes to glow or strips of her skin to darken. 

"
you're welcome to have moxie stay here for a few days," she said, having exited the lavatory to address the councilman directly. "i'd like to ensure she's well taken care of and that there are no complications post-treatment. i can also have a glass eye be crafted in the mean time - but i'll need to get the appropriate measurements for it.

cait pause only to eye miss morningstar, visibly worried about her mental well-being. her hypno had surrendered a cool cup of clear liquid by then before moving to pack up the medical kit. 

"
will you be alright, ma'am?"

she certainly didn't look it.  

[ take your shirt off ] 

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 14:47:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she holds the water in shaking hands, watching little waves curl at the glass' sides. nausea has been coming over her in waves and it returns now, threatening to pull her under now that the last of her adrenaline is wearing off. 

she's so, so grateful for cait, grateful that she can rely on people like her, that she has allies, acquaintances, friends to lean on. she can't lean on the one support she trusts most in this world, not the way things are now. but soon that will change.

she drinks. the water washes away the grit between her teeth. 

"whatever you think is best for her," she says. "i'll be fine," she adds as she looks softly down at the ekans' sleeping form, "so long as she's okay." 

she rubs her face. "i know that this may be a lot to ask, but i must request that i stay here until she gets better." she shifts. "i need to be near her." and i need to scrub this ash...and blood off of me.

and then, after a pause, she admits, "and honestly, i don't think i could make it back to sootopolis like this."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 3:30:48 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"stay here?"

cait parroted the words with a dumbfounded expression, the young woman slightly taken aback by the councilman's request. hypno's eyes narrowed upon the political figure in response, her pointed ears twitching slightly.

"
i..."

she shared a glance with her psychic counterpart, visibly uncertain. 

"
i suppose we can make room for you here. it's a bit cramped, though."

but cait supposed she had succeeded in sharing the limited space of the studio with while he was recovering. she could do it again just as easily if she tried. 

"
i've a bed and a couch," she informed. "the couch is actually a  sofa bed that can fit one person comfortably. you're welcome to sleep there if you like.

she shifted her attention back onto her hypno again. 

"
go into the city and purchase several pounds of meat of decent quality - preferably rodent. moxie will need something to eat. and can you please grab that heating lamp from storage on your way back?"

once the white-maned pokemon was off to fulfill her mistress's order cait would stand there for a moment, in the midst of mulling over a few things as she did so. 

'let's hope it doesn't get too busy here in the next few days. i'd much rather focus on moxie getting better. the poor thing.' 

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
desperation [c]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2019 22:31:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]at first she believes she's going to be turned down, that her request will have to change from just that into a forced order. but cait surprises her and freya moves towards the bed. 

"it will only be for the night," freya promises. if it makes the gym leader uncomfortable, she'll seek other arrangements, but she dare not leave moxie's side tonight. 

with everything settled, she takes a seat for a final time, head resting in her hands. "thank you, cait. we would have been lost without you."