she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 18:44:47 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","tooksprites"]

[newclass=.tooksprites]opacity:.7;transition:all .4s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tooksprites:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[attr="class","humour"]

"flurry." olivia ordered, and her pokemon obeyed. the seal pokemon released a cyan cloud of misty terrain from her mouth that quickly enveloped the entire field, making it difficult to see and coating all in its fairy fog. meanwhile, her other pokemon acted in tandem: calypso wiggled her bobbing tail in a rain dance, causing a downpour to fall on them, while her piplup opened it's beak to release a blast of icy wind that sent the venomous spray back in the direction it came.

"tell me, kyle, what do you know of the legends of the land?" olivia asked, a brow arched. it was time to teach.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-spinner"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Azumraill used Rain Dance! (1/5) (water type moves 50% stronger, fire moves 50% weaker)
+ Brionne used Misty Terrain! (1/5) (dragon type moves 50% weaker, all pokemon protected from status conditions)
+ Piplup used Icy Wind to counter Acid Spray!

[googlefont=Open Sans:800]
[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 4:10:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
do these three even have synergy? do they even have the right personality for a fighter? thoughts brought kyle to a panic, but it wouldn't cloud his reasoning. he does not allow for it to happen.

on the bright side, she wasn't going on the offensive yet. he uses the opportunity to get a feel of his pokemon before making any real moves. if she likes to turtle her way, kyle should be able to retaliate with his own turtling.

"chansey, light screen! eelektross, coil!"

a protective screen appeared before the chansey and in front of the eelektross at her bidding, stopping the acid-induced freezing winds with it. the eelektross doesn't flinch and gets ready for the next attack once the opportunity presents itself.

kyle ponders on what he'll get the togepi to do.

"togepi, extrasensory."

no target was called. kyle gets to judge his pokemon's choice depending on her target. she chooses the piplup. eyes would glow as she released an unseen energy towards it, a blast appearing out of nowhere by its feet.

he is prompted with an academic question. he is aware of the nature of the gym leader, but he did not expect her to apply it in the gym challenge.

"the basic stuff," he answers. "i don't really care much about them though."

he knows some of their names, but he does not know enough for him to even attempt to make an estimate the extent of their power. he is somewhat aware of the ones at johto though, but since it was less of a bother to not say anything, he does not recognize the need to mention it.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 2:15:27 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

actea acted first, and fast; using aqua jet to scoop up the piplup before the blast could send it flying. a peep of surprise came from the penguin as it swatted the seal pokemon away, followed by more angry peeps. he let loose a bubble beam at the togepi in retaliation, the rain causing the bubbles to become larger as they shot through the air. calypso, meanwhile, focused on the sound of the falling rain, and soon, spinning aqua rings enveloped her.

"perhaps you should." olivia replied cooly before continuing, "the legendaries are incredibly powerful, capable of shaping the very world we live in. they are the forces of nature given physical form, yet, it seems most have forgotten or do not 'care' for them as they once did. this city, sootopolis, is said to house a sleeping titan deep within the cave of origin. would you happen to know which one?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Azumraill used Aqua Ring!
+ Brionne used Aqua Jet to scoop up Piplup! (+1 priorty)
+ Piplup used Bubble Beam on Togepi! (50% stronger due to rain, 50% stronger due to STAB)
+ Rain (2/5) (water type moves 50% stronger, fire moves 50% weaker)
+ Misty Terrain (2/5) (dragon type moves 50% weaker, all pokemon protected from status conditions)

[newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background-color:#000;border: 2px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.humour::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px;background-color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 2:48:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"chansey, defend with egg bomb."

the light screen persists and filters part of the bubblebeam as it went through it. the eelektross continues to ready his body with coil, shrinking itself to make enough space for the chansey to throw an egg bomb at the incoming attack while still being behind him.

the collision results in an explosion, shaking up dust from the area and covering the visuals with a cloud of dirt. rain would wash it away soon, but it gives a window of time for them to use it as cover.

not like it mattered.

"togepi, keep on doing that."

kyle assigns no target for it for the second time. another instantaneous explosion with the use of extrasensory would appear by the piplup's feet once more. he takes note of his togepi's target selection and tries to piece the workings of her psyche.

he watches intently at the battle, ready to set out another order when it's needed. these were pokemon he has not battled with before. he didn't know whether to trust their own judgement or not.

he is asked if he knows about the beast in the cave of origin. he had read stories and played games relating to myths before, but most of them were in a fantasy setting and did not directly relating to any real life setting. kyle makes guess with a pokemon he knows that is a legend, not paying full attention as it was needed somewhere else.

"i'unno. lugia or something?"

• gravity active (3/5)
  • safeguard active (3/5)
  • light screen active (2/5)
  • eelektross - atk/def/acc (+2)

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 20:59:41 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

the second psychic attack struck true, and an annoyed peep was the piplup's response before she let loose a second icy wind that blew across the field. her brionne and azumarill, however, worked in tandem. the seal pokemon used aqua jet to hurtle itself at the togepi with caplyso the azumarill riding on top, her bobbing ball of a tail glowing blue with her HUGE POWER. they were aiming for an aqua jet and aqua tail combo.

olivia chuckled, "no, the guardian of the sea is far more active than the giant that slumbers." olivia answered in the tone with which a teacher would speak. she asked, "curious you bring up lugia and not one of the other legendaries that roam hoenn. are you not a native?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Piplup hit by Extrasensory!
+ Piplup used Icy Wind on all enemies! (lowers speed of hit pokemon by -1, affects all adjacent foes)
+ Brionne used Aqua Jet to scoop up Azumarill and throw themselves at Togepi! (+1 priority, 50% stronger due to rain, 50% stronger due to STAB)
+ Azumarill used Aqua Tail on Togepi! (50% stronger due to rain, 50% stronger due to STAB, HUGE POWER doubles the attack)
+ Rain (3/5) (water type moves 50% stronger, fire moves 50% weaker)
+ Misty Terrain (3/5) (dragon type moves 50% weaker, all pokemon protected from status conditions)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 1:54:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the three of them were bunched up for a reason.

the ongoing light screen lessens the effects of icy wind. chill clung onto them, but the heat of the battle gets them riled up.

intensified gravity would have made it difficult to move around, but the pair still managed to maneuver around it easily. a testament to their abilities, he assumes. nonetheless, minute movements were all it took for everyone to switch around in between each other.

"defend!" was his command as he saw them move, gated by the lack of time to give more proper orders.

the eelektross moved to protect the togepi from the hit as the egg pokemon moved back. bolstered defenses made it easy for him to tank, though what made the trainer impressed was the guts and pride to do it on his own.

i like this one. i'll keep him around.

the chansey's current gravity intensifies as she feels the threat coming towards the group, one of the tell tale signs that she's in distress. her immediate reaction is to get defensive and use heal pulse on the main tank.

and this one's not stupid! how nice.

with the initial hit taken care of, kyle eases into a more controlled commandeering of his pokemon. hands on his pocket and his back arched lazily to a slouch, his excited demeanor contradicts the posture he assumes.

"togepi, focus on your target. eelektross, wild charge on brionne."

togepi keeps on targeting the piplup from afar with extrasensory.

electricity coats the electric fish pokemon. they closed the distance themselves, and all the eelektross needed to do was to attack accurately. with coil and gravity, it was an easy feat. with its strength, it moves easily despite the gravity and lunges towards the nearby opposing pokemon.

aqua ring and the rain only proves to be detrimental this time as water makes it easier to conduct electricity.

it was hard keeping his mind on two things consecutively. still, he attempts not to be rude and answer the question. his eyes stared directly in front of him, though they remained on the battlefield instead of olivia.

"i am. i'm a verdanturf boy through and through," he answers. "it's just, uh, the first legend that came to mind."

he'd spotted an entei before. he wouldn't be surprised if legends from other regions traveled to other regions as well.

• icy wind hits eelektross (-5.5%), chansey (-2.2%), togepi (-9.7%)
  • eelektross tanks the hit for the togepi
  • STAB boosted, rain boosted, huge power activated aqua tail hits eelektross (-46%)
  • chansey uses heal pulse on eelektross (+50%)
  • togepi uses extrasensory on piplup - 66% more accurate due to gravity.
  • eelektross uses wild charge on brionne - 100% stronger due to stat boosts, 50% stronger due to STAB, 100% stronger due to super effectiveness, 66% more accurate due to stat boost, 66% more accurate due to gravity
  • gravity active (4/5) - acc (x5/3)
  • safeguard active (4/5)
  • light screen active (3/5)
  • eelektross [98.5%] - atk/def/acc (+2) spd (-1)
  • chansey [97.8%] - spd (-1)
  • togepi [90.3%] - spd (-1)

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 18:18:29 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

piplup was ready this time. he knew that stupid egg pokemon was focusing on him and took a precautionary move to jump out of the way it was actually quite funny because it looked like he was trying to fly as he flapped his little wings and let loose an icy wind to propel him away. brionne, unfortunately, knew the end was near. with her speed outclassing that of the enemy in addition to the rain, she was still faster than the electric snake. she used aqua jet to slap azumarill towards the annoying togepi before subcumming to the wid charge. she fainted, and a red light recalled her to a pokeball in olivia's hand. yet, calypso was not done. as she flew across the field, her aqua tail was ready to smack the togepi.

the sootopolis gym leader mumbled a quick prayer before pocketing actaea's pokeball. "well done, challenger, but the battle is not yet over." olivia commented before adding, "good to hear, i take it you have faced off against the newest gym leader of your hometown then?" she asked curiously. "regardless, i find it interesting you speak of lugia. have you had an encounter with the sea guardian?" she arched a brow before asking, "or perhaps another legendary?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Piplup dodged Extrasensory!
+ Piplup used Icy Wind on all enemies! (lowers speed of hit pokemon by -1, affects all adjacent foes)
+ Brionne used Aqua Jet to hurtle Azumarill at Togepi! (+1 priority, 50% stronger due to rain, 50% stronger due to STAB)
- Brionne is hit by Wild Charge!
- Brionne fainted and is recalled!
+ Azumarill used Aqua Tail on Togepi! (50% stronger due to rain, 50% stronger due to STAB, HUGE POWER doubles the attack)
+ Rain (4/5) (water type moves 50% stronger, fire moves 50% weaker)
+ Misty Terrain (4/5) (dragon type moves 50% weaker, all pokemon protected from status conditions)
+ Mist (4/5) (stats cannot be lowered for Piplup & Azumarill)
* Note, no need to use actual percentages in your notes, this is freeform!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 19:42:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
then it was two versus three. kyle eases up a bit.

the azumarill comes in for an attack after being thrown by the brionne. super luck gives the togepi a chance to dodge it in an unconventional manner when she takes a step back in an effort to move out of the way. she trips backwards, gravity pulling her down right away, and getting her out of the way.

"extrasensory, togepi. wild charge, eelektross."

the togepi summons a burst of explosion before her to knock back the azumarill to where she came from. the eelektross awaited and met the water-type there, ready to zap with wild charge.

"chansey, heal pulse on eelektross"

the chansey's tops off the eelektross from the recoil damage it took.

he is prompted by the talk of a gym leader. "n-no. not yet." was there a gym leader? "i'll, uh, check it later then." he knew that alex was going to step up as the temporary champion and leave his gym position vacant, but there has been no official announcement yet.

maybe he's just not reading the news.

a brow was raised at her at her inquiry. "arcanine's regarded as the legendary pokemon in the pokedex. does that count?" he could already hear the follow up questions should he mention his meeting with entei. he had no answers for those questions even if he wanted to, unfortunately.

• icy wind hits eelektross, chansey, togepi
  • togepi dodges the aqua tail
  • togepi uses extrasensory on azumarill to knock it back - 66% more accurate due to gravity
  • eelektross uses wild charge on azumarill - 100% stronger due to stat boosts, 50% stronger due to STAB, 100% stronger due to super effectiveness, 66% more accurate due to stat boost, 66% more accurate due to gravity
  • chansey uses healing pulse on eelektross
  • gravity active (5/5) - acc (x5/3)
  • safeguard active (5/5)
  • light screen active (4/5)
  • eelektross - atk/def/acc (+2) spd (-2)
  • chansey - spd (-2)
  • togepi - spd (-2)

[/quote]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 21:40:47 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","humour"]

olivia gave kyle a friendly smile as her pokemon jumped into action; literally jumped as the extrasensory caused her to jump out of the way and towards the incoming challenger's pokemon. calypso saw her own demise coming, and so she used aqua tail with her HUGE POWER to knock the charging electric pokemon head on. she did indeed suffer damage, but with her speed outclassing that of the snake and her aqua rings, the azumarill clung to life.

piplup opened his mouth when olivia raised a hand. "that will be all." she ordered, and so the penguin obeyed begrudgingly. azumarill wanted to keep on fighting, but even a fool could see she barely had the energy to stand up. olivia recalled calypso with a beam of red light while plataia splashed towards her, the rain itself subsiding. olivia patted the penguin's head before calling to kyle, "congratulations; but come, come, we have much to discuss." with that being said, olivia made a turn about and headed for a well lit hallway behind her. should he choose to follow, and kyle didn't have much of a choice at this point, he'd find a feast awaiting them.

two long tables had been set up, various foods from sinnoh and hoenn alike littered the larger of the two, with chairs on either side looking across from one another. the second table was lower to the ground and was lined with bowls of berries and other pokétreats. olivia took a seat of her own at the table clearly set for humans while her piplup went to go snack on some oran berries. "take a seat." she said, placing her badge before her: the crashing wave with her house's colors emblazoned into it. "welcome to the victor's meal, while we talk on the lore of the land and our pokemon may relax." she motioned towards the seat in front of her with a flick of her wrist.

she added, taking a sip of some bubbly, "someone will be here shortly to tend to our pokemon, or your chansey may do so if you wish."

[attr="class","ooc"]
+ Azumarill hit by Extrasensory!
+ Azumarill used Aqua Tail!
* The battle is over!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
world is mine [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 22:47:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 125 pokedollars and 10 infamy.[break]
balder receives: 25 pokedollars, 5 infamy.