i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 8:20:10 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
He leaves town for a bit and the whole place goes to hell!

That was what Adam Shepard was thinking when he walked into the farm building of his friend’s. Things clearly got hectic, so much so that his friend had put in an ad for someone to come and help clean up the place.

It wasn’t surprising, given the state of the place and the fact that their other help was missing. He practically lived here he could attempt to help out a bit more than he had recently. If he had known it was going to be such a mess he would have stayed. Luckily the kids were gone and his friend was out so the place was free to be cleaned in peace.

Adam wasn’t even sure where to start. Everywhere you looked there was a mess. All sorts of toys and other items were flung all over the place. Dishes hadn’t been completely done and there were Pokémon running about that definitely weren’t supposed to be in here running the place.

Whoever it was that was going to try and help this disaster zone Adam felt a bit sorry for them. At least he was sort of used to such a scene but some random person? He’d be surprised if they stuck through the whole thing. Maybe he should get started, there was a group of zigzagoons going through the garbage in the kitchen.

@delphi
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 10:13:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","delphi"]
"is this the place?" one measly fold of paper was held upwards, skimming over the information and address once again. it hadn't been an entirely long journey given this reticent stretch of forest was like home. then again— delphi had misplaced the presence of a daycare ever existing.

rocket had so recently wrecked havoc upon fallarbor. those that lived just outside the town weren't exactly guaranteed safety anymore. it was a terrible day. the often what—ifs racing through her mind like a broken record. just as quick to remind herself that some things should never be disregarded.

next time she wouldn't miss it.

kit let a rumble escape from his parted jaws. visible canines reflected against the sunlight. "you see someone?" she said, the response following with a slight nod. they approached the door— delphi with a smile and her companion staring indifferently ahead. those large eyes able to make out everything. two rhythmic knocks resounded against the door.

[attr="class","delphiparty"]
[attr="class","delphipoke"]

[newclass=.delphipoke]height:30px;width:30px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.delphiparty]float:left; display:block;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.delphi]font-family:calibri;font-size:11px;line-height:13px; [/newclass][newclass=.delphi b]color:#9AAD78;font-size:11px;[/newclass][newclass=.delphi a]color:#9AAD78;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass][newclass=.delphi b]color:#9AAD78;font-family:Inconsolata;font-size:11px;[/newclass][googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2019 19:14:54 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Coming!” Adam called out in response to hearing knocks at the door. ”I’ll deal with you guys later.” The man shot a glare at the pests that were making the mess even worse as he made his way over to the door.

”Helloooooo!” A big smiling goofball would greet the person on the other side, not exactly expecting the large companion at their side. More importantly, he didn’t expect that someone so cute was going to be helping him out today. ’JACKPOT’ he’d think to himself as he gestured for the two to come inside the home.

”You must be here to answer the ad right? My name’s Adam! I’ll be helping you around here. I sorta kind of live here, it’s kind of complicated but not really. What a handsome luxray you've got there. Must take good care of him” As he’d lead them down the hall, reaching rather large living room/kitchen split.

The Zigzagoons that he noticed earlier were now fighting over some sort of food….the place really was in shambles. ”Real disaster zone in here. Things have been a bit hectic around here since recent happenings. Place hasn’t really been open for long too. Supposed to be a nice place for people and Pokémon to unload and relax.” He’d sigh, rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke.

”A home away from home, an escape ya know.” He’d look to the blonde with a sad look, before shaking his head and putting on a brave face. ”Woah definitely didn’t mean to bring down the mood! Anyway I think we should start with the kitchen before those Zigzagoons end up hurting themselves. This place really is a mess! Hoooo buddy!” Real smooth there champ.

@delphi
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 1:04:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","delphi"]
the clamor and distant voice from within become louder. every descent of the foot resounding against the floorboards of the establishment. delphi blinks up at the other, regarding the oddity of his silver hair before quickly offering a nod.

"yes! oh! yes this is kit! i'm delphi— it's nice to meet you!" lips quirked into a larger smile in response to the equally silly one. the close—by luxray trying to manage a smile. more intimidating than inviting given the acute point of visible teeth. they begin to enter the disaster within.

as they stopped just before the opening of the living room/kitchen, the pair of bickering pokemon froze up at the presence of the larger pokemon. kit stared them down— as if hungry he licked his lips. on the immediate action the uninvited guests withdrew from the establishment shrilling in panic. at least that was one problem solved.

her expression softened into a slightly curious look. unable to disregard the wistful notion that had momentarily settled in his voice and features. delphi started to restrain the mound of blonde into a tight ponytail, suddenly bringing her hands together in one loud clap.

"don't worry!" her tone was merry yet determined, "i'm used to dealing with messes like this. back at home my companions are always stirring up a disaster." she started to roll up her sleeves and approach the kitchen. dishes upon dishes were piled atop each—other.

"so... i'm not going anywhere! we'll have this place clean and tidy in no time! right kit?" another deep growl came from the large pokemon. it started towards a pile of trash bags, grabbing the slim restraints with his mouth. although not as useful given kit was on all fours, the feline was much more docile than her dragons.

[newclass=.delphipoke]height:30px;width:30px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.delphi]font-family:calibri;font-size:11px;line-height:13px; [/newclass][newclass=.delphi b]color:#9AAD78;font-size:11px;[/newclass][newclass=.delphi a]color:#9AAD78;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass][newclass=.delphi b]color:#9AAD78;font-family:Inconsolata;font-size:11px;[/newclass][googlefont=Inconsolata]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 16:08:48 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam could feel his heart skip a beat at this girl’s enthusiasm; she was too pure for this world! ”Bless you two!” He cried wiping away imaginary tears. Adam’s Pokémon would also join in the fun, the first being his Lucario.

The first sight the Pokémon saw wasn’t one he was unfamiliar with and in fact it made him sigh deeply. ”Alright Soul ole buddy ole pal of mine! We’ve got a big mess to clean up but this time we’ve got help! Delphi and Kit this is Soul.” The silver haired male would gesture towards Delpih and Kit in which the Lucario would bow in their direction.

”You go help our Luxray friend while I get to tiding the living room.” Soul responded to Adam’s orders with a thumbs up as the Pokémon would then show Kit the way to the garbage outside, leading them through the door in the kitchen that led outside.

With that all settled it was time to deal with the living room which was a nightmare. Toys, furniture, garbage, some other sutff Adam didn’t want to think about littered the place. He wasn’t sure if people lived here or Garbadors. ”Sheesh.” Adam laughed as he got to work.

After moving some furniture back to where it was and throwing away some garbage Adam found something odd. A fluffy little ball had been resting under one of the couch cushion. When he went to go further inspect it the fluff ball moved and uncurled revealing it to be a Stufful.

”Oh there you are!” Adam almost went to grab the Pokémon but remembered the last time he did that they had to get a wall fixed. The little Flailing Pokémon was happy to see the silver haired male. This little guy was one of the Pokémon that was being cared for here at the daycare.

”I figured everyone was outside in the barn.” The Stufful only responded with one of its cries before wandering off. ”Be on the lookout for some the residence who might be wandering around here. They are bunch of teddy bears so they won’t bite, gotta look for Alan though. He’s a Kecleon who likes to play pranks on people. Oh and those were just some random Zigzagoons no need to worry about them.” He’d turn to Delphi as he spoke, throwing her a thumbs up and a smile before getting back to work. Unbeknownst to him there was a Karablast hiding within the dishes Delphi was cleaning, eating the food that remained on a plate.

@delphi
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 3:24:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","delphi"]
delphi got to work immediately.

it was a remarkably quick process till she'd reached for the plate occupied by karablast. her hands fumbling over the rugged texture before realizing that it was a living being. latched firmly on in order to get the slight remains.

regarding the girl with an evident glare in its small eyes. the bitter expression didn't faze delphi— instead— she pressed for the pokemon to remove itself from the object. a slight tug of war ensuing till it had finally let go. the force allowing karablast to suddenly headbutt her and stumble outside.

delphi collapsed onto her rear, cradling her head as it swayed left then right. dizzy but thankfully not injured. "i-i guess that was one of them!" she'd say, referring to his remark only moments before it had happened. there was a slight red mark center of her forehead— unnoticed— she stood abruptly with the same enthusiasm as before.

"okay! dishes are almost done!" not entirely familiar with where everything was meant to go, she simply guessed as the cabinets creaked open. once a war—zone of surely delicious meals had become a tidy kitchen. the dazzle of cleanliness apparent in the free space of the counter.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 8:38:09 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam still couldn’t believe what a bundle of sunshine and rainbows this girl was, even the way she dealt with getting hurt was adorable! This was most certainly not good for his heart. Is this what it’s like for people with high cholesterol and blood pressure feel like?

He’d definitely keep this in mind the next time he goes on a binge of really unhealthy and grease ass food despite how good it might taste the regret after was always not worth it. He’d have asked her if she was okay but she bounced back so fast that it didn’t seem necessary.

Cleaning up the living room was a chore but nothing that Adam couldn’t handle with finesse. ”Excellent!” Adam would exclaim in response to Delphi’s words, throwing her an enthusiastic thumbs up. It really was night and day over there, the woman’s a miracle worker!

It was during that thought that Adam noticed something in the corner of his eye. The living room was pretty clean for the most part the only thing that really had to be put back was one last couch cushion. That’s why it was a bit suspicious that it looked as if a curtain was twitching.

”THERE YOU ARE YOU SNEAKY BRAT!!!” The man shouted, flinging the cushion that was on the floor at the curtain. The cushion wouldn’t make contact with the curtain and the wall behind it but stop a few spaces short as if it hit some invisible wall. It was then that Alan the Kecleon seemingly appeared out of thin air.

”I was wondering when you’d show up. You know how many times we’ve told you to stop trying to sneak up on people.” Adam wagged his finger at the red-handed Pokémon, giving him a proper scolding before sending him on his way to the others.

With that out of the way and the living room and the kitchen were nice and clean there was only one thing left to do. ”We just got to sweep and mop up the floors and then we’ll be good. And really you’ve been great, a real life saver!” After he said that he rubbed his chin, a thought brewing.

”Your payment as to be more than just some money. How about once we’re done with all this I treat you to some food? A well deserved nice meal after a hard day’s work, how’s that sound?” He’d give her a bright smile. Sweeping and mopping wouldn’t take long at all.

@delphi
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 19:20:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","delphi"]
mid—way into grabbing the mop and a bucket of water, the mention of food brought her gaze towards the other. an evident shimmer of excitement for a delicious meal.

"p-please! if you don't mind!" determination seemed more brilliant than before. delphi bringing the bubbly waters across the majority of the floors. near slipping within the process though managing to use the mop as support.

soon enough— the girl started to soar throughout the house. wielding a ragged cloth to begin drying out the wet state of the wooden surface. clean though indefinitely subject to an eventual fall, delphi collapsed onto the nearby sofa with a huff. gradually capturing the steady pace of her breath.

"we did it! that took longer than i expected!" she'd say, misjudging the size of the mess and the amount it had taken up within the place. from the now visible windows, the light of day was beginning to fall towards the horizon. her bright green eyes shifting towards the other.

kit's sudden entrance pulling her gaze towards the large feline. the following lucario sending the girl into a rather perturbed state— well hidden beneath the smile. "did you even help out?" teasing her companion, golden pools simply turned away from the blonde. earning a slight laugh.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 2:16:36 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam blinked; the offer of food seemed to put Delphi in super turbo mode as she zipped around the house. ”Hey it’s the least I can do seeing how helpful you’ve been!” Adam responded. The man moved a much slower albeit reasonable pace, no way was he going to keep with her now she was way too jazzed. Watching her was sort of amusing.

He wondered if he got some caffeine in her would she move faster. Maybe she was the type that took way too well to it and would be running all over the walls from just littlest of tastes.

After some time, and with some serious elbow grease and dedication, the two of them finished up cleaning the house. The place was looking great! Both the Pokémon and the people who live here were going to love how spotless the place looked.

”Yeah but we did a hell of a job! Look at this place! You could eat off of the floor….don’t actually do that though.” Adam laughed, admiring how shinny the place was. It was most certainly night and day in this place, he really was impressed, would have been a lot more difficult with just him.

There Pokémon had returned and Soul looked pretty impressed as well. ”We did a good job in here, didn’t we?” The Lucario’s trainer would ask which would receive a nod from the Pokémon. But now that everything was clean and pristine there was only one thing left to do.

”As promised, You’ll be getting paid but on top of that I’m going to make a big ole feast that you’ll never forget! I hope you’re prepared to have your taste buds blown away!” And Adam was a man of his word he prepared and served a mighty feasts not just for himself, Delphi and there Pokémon but for the other residence on the property as well. Dinner was pretty good.

@delphi
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
What a mess [mission]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 4:51:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","delphi"]
the meal had certainly been good.

delphi stood by where she'd previously knocked. the open door that offered a rather reticent night was void of coverage. high above settled the endless expanse of stars. one moment where the moon had not risen with it.

she admired the view for only a moment. bright eyes drifting towards the awaiting luxray and then adam who'd stood to the front. it was dark but, thankfully with the vision of her companion they weren't expecting to get lost.

"thank you for the meal!" a brief tilt of the crown was followed by the pokemon aside her. "if you ever need help again, i'll be sure to stop by!" she'd say, hinting at the fact it was mostly for a free feast.

one last wave was offered before the girl slipped onto the back of kit. the pair taking off into the shadowy path as though they'd never been present in the first place.