i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 8:52:01 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Everyone nowadays was talking about those mega whatcamacallits…..stones! Mega Stones! And because of all the hype there were plenty of people trying to get their hands on one of them using whatever sort of method they could.

It was sort of wild how crazy people were getting over these things and the length someone people were going to but it wasn’t too surprising. From some of the exaggerated shit he was hearing these stones sounded like they gave you unlimited power. And to the misfortune of many these things were not easy to obtain, which was probably a good thing honestly.

Regardless if Adam really cared about these stones are not they were sort of handy in the sense that because of them he got a job. Nothing too crazy, just protecting some miners who were trying their hands at getting themselves some stones.

Apparently, the Pokémon around here weren’t too keen on their digging and keep attacking them. It was warranted, anyone would be pretty pissed off at people redecorating their home but Adam was here to make sure no one got seriously hurt people and Pokémon alike.

And it helped that he was promised a piece of whatever they found as a part of his payment. If they did end up finding some of these mega stones it’d be nice to get one’s hands on them.

He doubted they’d find anything good so he was just banking on the money. ”Kind of boring ain’t it?” Adam would say, speaking to his partner on this job. The man was sitting on a “comfy” rock keeping an ever watchful eye out while the miners worked behind them. Boy this was dull.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2019 15:08:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's easy money so i'm not complaining."

the response would come from kyle, who fiddled with a handheld game while his pokemon were all doing the work for him. there wasn't much to be done when his pokemon could perform the task without his commands.

he got the whole squad out. the 'rocs found comfort within the tunnel, some of them doing digging of their own on the idle times that wild pokemon gave the miners a break.

"do you want one of those things? i think they're calling them mega stones."

kyle already had one of those, which coincidentally matched with one of the pokemon he owned. the main reason he got himself into the job was to snatch up one of the mega stones in case they found one for a mightyena. he'd even be willing to trade his for one of those cause god his mightyena needed all the help they need.

the calm demeanor ends when one of his units in the game he's playing dies. "fuck!" his voice resonates within the cave.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 4:49:29 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam shrugged, not really sure how he felt exactly concerning Kyle’s question. ”I dunno having one sounds like it’d be pretty neat. If pokemon are like nukes then I guess supping one with a mega stone would be like having a super nuke.” Adam yawned, scretching after he did so.

”But I feel like it might end up being a crutch ya know?” He looked over to the fellow leaguer, the man cussing a few seconds later over something in his game, and leaned over a bit to try and see what he was playing. ”Don’t want to have to rely on some gimmick too much to win my battles. What if I get too used to it and I don’t have them any more. Kind of like a patch to a game that nerfs something or a new version that doesn’t keep features from the last one.” And besides what were the odds of him getting one.

”What about you, man?” He’d ask, his attention turning from the game to one of Kyle’s Pokémon. ”Bet you’d wanna use that stone on one of your pups then? A super dog! That’d be kind of dope though.” And from the Pokémon his attention then swapped to the miners themselves.

”But you’re right this is piss easy money so I guess I shouldn’t complain but I wish we had SOMETHING to do other than just sitting here.” He should have brought a game or something like Kyle did. Hindsight’s a bitch.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 17:26:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i have one of those things by the way," he says casually. "it only works on my manectric though, so i'm kinda gated in that regard."

he contemplates on restarting the chapter of the game he's playing as he continues the conversation, still staring at the screen of the device he held.

"it's just temporary, but they do become super dogs. it's kinda like what you said, to be honest."

he eventually gives in. the game was starting to get repetitive and he, too, was starting to get bored much like adam. there was nothing else to do besides to sit around, waiting for either the inevitable to happen or their shift to end.

kyle speaks the first thing that comes to his mind.

"so, you wanna bother the miners or something? make sure they got what we want or something like that."

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 2:34:09 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam had kept this bored expression for so long that when Kyle brought up having one of these alleged Mega Stones he could barely make a surprised face. ”Oh shit really? That’s pretty awesome man.” The idea of the guy eventually having an army of super dogs was both hilarious and scary at the same time.

But Adam couldn’t shake the feeling that these stones were going to cause nothing but troubles for both people and humans alike. ”You’ve got to show me that Mega Manetric some time.” The silver-haired man would add as it would be better than just sitting here.

Kyle’s suggestion probably wouldn’t bare any fruit but what the hell, they weren’t doing anything better. ”Yeah sure why not.” Adam spoke, getting up from his spot and turning to the miners to see what they were up to. Deep in their work, the miners ignored there would be bodyguards as they diligently searched for their prize.

When Adam asked them how their progress was one of them promptly told them to piss off and they’ll let them know when they find something. Something else about their job just to be watching or whatever, Adam wasn’t paying much attention.

”Well that well.” He honestly hoped some random Pokémon or thugs attacked to make things more interesting. Or soon he’d offer to play cards or something with Kyle to kill the boredom.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 17:42:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle watched idly as adam did his best and failed miserably in finding something to do. he'd at least snicker at his failure had he not felt the same sentiment as him.

"at least you tried."

following that, kyle motioned for his two rockruffs to come to him, ordering them to sit and stay as soon as they reached him. they will be their replacements for the time being.

the sheer lack of interest in adam sparked the sudden pettiness he exhibits some times. while the rockruffs were busy looking after the miners in their stead, he calls for his lycanroc to follow after him. he turns to adam to ask a question.

"we might as well just look for the stones ourselves if they're not gonna check on us. you in?"

if they do find one, they get to keep it without the miners taking it away from them. it wasn't like they were keeping an eye on them for these kinds of activities anyways.

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2019 23:59:32 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam shrugged at Kyle’s response to his piss poor attempt at figuring out what was going on and if they had any stones for them. ”Kind of not surprised to be honest.” He replied, letting out a deep sigh while messing with his hair.

Now they’d have to find something else to kill the time before they could go home and do something else. Kind of a bummer, he expected this to be much more entertaining than what it was.

”Sure, why not?” Adam responded, he had nothing else better to do. If they were going to be looking on their own then Adam had a good Pokémon for the job. He released his Garchomp and explained to the dragon what they were doing here and what his job would be.

Once they found a good stop to start digging he’d let Kanē have at it. The Garchomp was always looking for excuses to start destroying stuff and digging anywhere he can, so why not direct that energy in a more productive way? Beat the hell out of him causing property damage and Adam having to pay for it.

”Be funny as hell if we find some real good shit and they turn up with nothing.” Serve them right it would.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2019 16:40:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was always up for free stuff. acting up on his greed was only made better when the reason behind it was from his own spitefulness.

kyle calls his lycanroc to help him with the act.

the three canines rush in, joining the dragon on their digging. large, reinforced claws helped the lycanroc dig through rock and soil easily. although smaller in size and weaker in composition, they fare well in terms of digging speed when compared to the garchomp.

"that's karma for ignoring you. we're entitled to entertain ourselves in this boring job anyways."

kyle pauses for a while before he asks the other a question.

"this isn't against the agreement or anything when we accepted this job, right?"

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 3:08:12 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
As Adam watched their Pokémon go to work he didn’t take his eyes off of them as Kyle asked his question. ”I don’t remember there being anything saying we can’t do this.” The silver-haired male shrugged, encouraging their Pokémon to keep going as one of them looked back. ”And besides I really don’t think they’ll care.” He added before thinking of something to possibly placate the miners in the even they catch wise.

”Maybe we could give toss something their way. Keep all the good stuff for ourselves and give them the so-so stuff. Make it sound all nice and pretty.” He’d boast a mischievous grin while rubbing his hands together and the thought of striking gold.

Once their Pokémon had dug for quite some time Adam figured it was good enough for them to check what sort of spoils they might have gotten. ”Alright let’s see what we’ve got here.” He said as he gleefully looked through the pile.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 4:15:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hey! i like that!"

doing so was a flex. probably not necessary and most likely petty, but still a flex nonetheless. it was in his nature to support his friend's choices, no matter how questionable and morally wrong it was. he revels in these kinds of situations.

both of their pokemon, adept in digging holes or something, eventually manages to find a cache within the walls of the cave. they weren't what they were looking for, but it still was valuable nonetheless. kyle eyes the prize before he turns to adam.

"how does a forty-forty-twenty split sound like?"

the twenty, obviously, referred to the one they'll share to their employers.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
I got a rock [Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 17:02:42 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]you receive the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy and 1 free stone evo (redeem in site shop)!