POSTED ON Jun 27, 2019 16:06:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
it's mission time!

He thought he’d only heard of this scenario happening in far-off regions, but this was completely and utterly ridiculous.

Even if he’d been driven out of Verdanturf not too long ago because of what snafu and shenanigans had gone down recently, he still felt the obligation to protect the areas around the places that were pretty much trashed and reduced to ruin.

Coughing slightly as his body was still recovering from a rather nasty bout of flu (which would explain his absence) he took a look at his PokéGear, and sighed. Who knew that the outrageous had actually happened here in Hoenn of all places?

Pulling up a screen and a few notifications later, he agreed to go to handle the situation, thankfully packing a Metagross who could handle the big-ass shit with little problem. Now, the problem here was, would it wake up and cause a rampage? Would he be able to capture it?

Who knew?

And for that matter, who was he going to be paired up with this time around? He hadn’t actually acknowledged who he was going with, having taking it as an open mission to any League members who were nearby to help him.

Little did he know he was going to be brought into a reunion of sorts with someone he hadn’t seen in a while—and no, it was definitely not Stormy.

Nope. Not at all.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
Who forgot the Pokeflute?! [mission]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2019 12:28:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"he's definitely bigger than i expected."

cait had little to no experience in direct relation to the slaking line, this particular breed of pokemon renown for their potential in battle yet periodic bouts of laziness. this one's size was comparable to that of a snorlax, though she felt as though it was somehow larger.

'i wonder how long it's been here? then again it's probably been long enough to inconvenience anyone who wants to use this path.'

the young woman eyed the beast, flanked by her machamp and gurdurr who scowled at the hulking slumbering creature. 

"
we may just have to send it packing."

her pokemon considered her proposal, sharing a single glance before giving a nod. 

"
alright, then," she said, clapping her hands together. "let's -

cait was alerted to laurence's appearance following gurdurr tapping her on the shoulder and gesturing in his immediate direction. 

"
lars?"

she blinked owlishly, having not expected to see the man.

"
well. it's been a while. how have you been?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 17:51:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
it's big, it's got an ugly mug, and it's... sleeping.

Much as he wanted to come in atop his Metagross’ back, he decided against it, considering how crowded the tunnel was as it is right now. There had been a righteous uproar about the dang thing, seeing as it had decided to just… plunk itself down in the middle of the road and block the path.

Even if it wasn’t a Snorlax per se, he knew how annoying the Slaking line were, and this was no exception to the rule. Just as he drew closer he caught sight of a head of green hair. He wasn’t sure if there was something different about her, he couldn’t put a finger on it.

Maybe it was because they hadn’t seen each other in a while. Maybe that was what was causing his senses to prickle a bit. But who knew if it was just his paranoia acting up or something?

“I was the closest available Ranger around the area,” he begins with a bit of a hum and a stifled cough. Clearing his throat, he then stares at the Slaking and lets out a sigh.

“Hell, at least it’s not a Snorlax. That would’ve been much worse. Good you brought some muscle to help… how heavy are these things again, he trailed off, doing some quick math inside his head, taking another glance at his PokéGear before letting out a groan.

“Well, shit, looks like I do have to bring him out. We’re already cramped for space as it is…” he continued with a groan, before reaching for a Heavy Ball and popping it to full size. One red burst of light later, his Metagross lands with a thud that sends a slight tremor through the cave—and the Slaking is nonplussed, still sleeping and looking like it wanted to be painted like one of those… Kalosian girls, or something.

“Ro. Think your Telekinesis can lift that beast up?” he asks the blue hulking creature, who gives its equivalent of a withering stare at the Slaking.

“Where do you think we can move this one? Can’t go out on the Verdanturf side…” he mused a few moments later while the Metagross continued to weigh the options.

Waiting for input from his companion, for the command…

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 18:56:15 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
her gurdurr and machamp exchanged a glance that spoke volumes, the idea of the metagross lifting the hulking normal-type with his psychic prowess apparently a curious one. and cait wondered at that moment if they'd be miffed to be outclassed by such a beast in that moment.

'i'd much rather a peaceful solution.' 

she offered the ranger a shrug. 

"
as long as he doesn't come back here i don't mind how we go about it," cait said. "we've been told to remove him from the path - and that's just about it. slaking aren't prone to fits of violence, so i doubt he'll cause havoc in the nearest settlement once he's out of sight."

she hoped to finished this business up sooner as opposed to later, having work that needed doing miles from here. cait gestured for laurence to proceed, allowing for him to determine where the beast would be taken. he was better equipped for a situation like this one, after all. 

"how have you been, by the way? busy?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2019 16:02:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
move the heavy obstacle. But he's gonna need some help!

“If I could take it back to Ranger Headquarters, I would. I don’t think he belongs to anyone, at this rate, he mused quietly as he looked over at his Metagross, who was just waiting for him to say the word.

“Can you get your Pokémon to help Ro? Like, go on either side of the Slaking? I know that normally Telekinesis can lift things, but as to how heavy Ro can carry while not in a battle situation, I’m not too sure. Plus I don’t have a PokéFlute with me to wake this fat…ass up,” he ended with a bit of a grin on his face.

Even if he knew the Flutes normally only worked on Snorlax, this Slaking seemed to be making such a fuss while he was asleep—he wasn’t sure how rage-induced this one would be if it was dropped without warning.

And no, he had no intention to drop it and shock it awake.

“Let’s take him back out on the Rustboro side. We can set him loose over there, be less of a hassle,” he said after a while. With a single whistle, he points at the sleeping Pokémon, before nodding in the Metagross’ direction.

“On the count of three, Ro. When he gets him up, I’m going to need some help to get him moving. Keep his heavy ass off the ground as much as possible,” he adds in Cait’s direction, looking hopefully at the Machamp and the Gurdurr, who were also pretty much itching for action.

“Let’s just hope he doesn’t wake up while we’re moving him.”

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 20:28:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"that shouldn't be too difficult," cait said. "you two up for it?

her companions nodded their affirmation, giving their muscles a flex before they moved to either side of the hulking beast. cait observed the pair with an amused glint in her eye, aware of their competitive spirit.

"
i'll do the count.

she made sure everyone was properly positioned before raising her fingers, counting down from three as her gaze clung onto the slumbering beast. gurdurr and machamp managed to stick their hands underneath him as she did so, both prepared to lift him simultaneously. 

"
one - two - three."

both fighters released a grunt as they proceeded onward with hefting the beast's weight, cait impressed by the feat of strength as they mainted their respective holds without issue. 

"
let's get moving you three!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 20:37:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
heave-ho!

It was either Alpha would slap the hell out of the Slaking, or Ro would carry the huge-ass with just one—maybe two—attempts at Telekinesis.

But the thing is, even the Metagross had underestimated the weight of the Slaking that they were going to move, and by the way Lars caught Ro’s eyes flashing more than a few times, he’d guessed right about how heavy this particular Slaking was.

With the help of the Metagross, the Gurdurr and the Machamp then hefted up the other heavyweight between them, with the hulking blue beast taking up the front.

“Easy, easy there. Watch out for that boulder, Ro!” Lars called out, dashing forward and hefting it up as best as he could manage, hoping to clear a path for the three to walk on—the narrow tunnel made it difficult, not to mention the fog that was starting to roll in.

“Agh, I hate it when the fog comes rolling in,” he grumbled, quickly scanning the ground ahead as best as he could and moving a few more obstacles out of the way. They had to make sure that the path was as clear as possible, otherwise they might end up dropping the slumbering Slaking.

Who, by the way, hadn’t even budged the entire time! It let out one singular loud snoring noise, though.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 18:35:22 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the slaking remained blissfully unaware as the gym leader and her ranger counterpart's companions began to transport him. cait kept an eye on her pokemon as they worked, relieved that they didn't appear to be straining themselves in the least. their expressions betrayed only concentration and little else, the pair's steps carefully measured as they continued to follow through with their mistress's orders.

'this is easier than i thought it'd be.'

pleased that everything was going swimmingly, cait allowed her gaze to temporarily settle upon anderson. it had been sometime since they had encountered each other last, the woman having maintained little to no contact with the man. a majority of their encounters were largely accidental - at least from her perspective.  

"
at this pace we should be clearing the tunnel soon," cait said.

'and then i can make my way back into the city. i'm honestly feeling a little peckish.' 

the sight of the slaking's round and overstuffed belly only reminded her that she needed to tend to her empty one. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 18:51:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
thankfully no unwanted incidents happened!

“Thankfully, we’re almost close,” he says presently—having had to dash ahead a few more times to clear out the path for the approaching pack of Pokémon.

Just one little misstep and not only would the Slaking be dropped back down on the ground, it would’ve caused quite a nasty uproar should it wake up ‘on the wrong side of the bed’, so to speak.

“Who knew this one was a greedy eater,” he mused quietly, having noticed that there were seeds and shredded peels that had been haphazardly thrown across the same path that they were traversing—while he knew the Slakoth line were next to hopeless when it came to looking for food, Vigoroths tended to move around a lot.

…maybe this one had decided to evolve after eating?

He could only shake his head as the turn that led out to the Rustboro side of the tunnel came into view. “Ro, easy now, turn up ahead,” he calls out, watching as the Metagross angles himself, concentration on the Slaking and making sure that the Gurdurr and the Machamp weren’t tiring themselves out.

For that matter…

“You…want to go somewhere for a snack after we move him back outside?” he turns to ask Cait, shielding his eyes from the glare that hits his eyes as the Metagross makes his way out of the cave, never taking its eyes off the load he was carrying.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 18:14:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"over here should be just fine. nice and comfy grass for the big fellow."

when they had located an appropriate spot, cait had instructed all three pokemon to set him down as gently as they could manage. they succeeded at doing so without complication, cait having been on the cusp of holding her breath as they obeyed her orders with the utmost care. 

'now all that's left to do is get out of here - quietly.' 

the question caught her by surprise, the young woman arching a brow as she considered the invitation. while she was partial to acquiring a meal by her lonesome, there was no harm in catching up with anderson. 

'it's been a while since i just hung out with someone,' she thought.

it was hard to believe she was only twenty. when you took her position as well as her duties into account; you'd think she was far older.

"
as long as it's pokefriendly," she said. "i think gurdurr and machamp deserve a treat."

she allowed herself a small grin as they began to distance themselves from the slaking, pleased that the mission had gone well.  

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 1:20:35 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"] receives the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy!
receives the following RANGER REWARDS: 75 pokedollars and 10 infamy!