on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2019 20:24:07 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

For three days after Mossdeep, she had fazed in and out of consciousness.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper struggled to fit her cast through her bomber jacket, trying to shake off the post-surgery fatigue that continued to weigh her down. Three consecutive surgeries had been performed to help reassemble her broken elbow—screws, plates, and other hardware had been fused to her arm to reconstruct what had been, in the words of her surgeon, “a complete and utter disaster.”[break][break]

The cast had already been scribbled on—crude shapes and phrases that she had no shame in displaying.[break][break]

The cast would remain for the next few weeks, just to hold the bones in place. The use of heal pulse would expedite the healing process, sparing her from a longer recovery period; but, she can still feel her mood sour, tempted to claw the plaster from her arm as it restricted her movement and made everything feel cumbersome.[break][break]

“Thanks for getting me out for the day. I was starting to claw at the walls,” and after a moment of struggle, she would finally force her curved cast through the arm slot to her jacket... and managed to not make a complete fool of herself while doing so.[break][break]

Her eyes would turn to focus on the Commissioner.[break][break]

“We'll save the talkin' for when we're outside. This place makes it hard to focus....and, uh, I can call you just Dahlia, right?” There was a loud zip as she closed off her jacket, hiding the worn and stretched-out t-shirt she had been wearing for her own comfort.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 23:05:35 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

how sad is it to say that the days of celebration are over. no parties. no parade to usher the fresh energies of starting anew. truth be told, becoming commissioner is no ascension. it is a gradual descent by rickety rope. she hopes to land well.

however, the winds of wormholes and rockets threaten her inversed climb. she frowns small, seeing one of the casualties of the recent storm.

"and thank you for taking me out as well." dahlia says, quickly replacing the sad tilt of her lips with a smile. "i'm lucky to meet a hero of hoenn in person like this."

she nods, allowing bailey to stretch time within the clinical stillness of the hospital.

"of course! formalities in a place and time like this?" dahlia slices the air dismissively. "i'm not an old fogey, sergeant- or bailey, if you so choose."

as they leave into the hospital hallways, dahlia notes the colorful panels and paintings of swablu and roselia fixtured into the walls. however, they're not match for the obscenities on bailey's hardened cast. she doesn't mind them. yet, she holds her tongue from inching into laughter.

"one thing though. bad news... i was planning on taking you on this lovely stroll up lilycove's hill... but a snorlax decided to take the longest nap on the path." she sighs. "we can chat along the beach, maybe?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 23:32:42 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

Hero of Hoenn.[break][break]

The Sergeant had to refrain from gawking. Was that what they were calling her? “Yeah. Just Bailey,” because she wanted this to be casual. The more pressure she could remove from the situation, the better.[break][break]

Because an entire world was waiting outside—waiting to find out what really happened at Mossdeep. It was a question that she still cannot answer, even if she was marked with its sigil upon her chest. [break][break]

All memories come to Cooper with crystal clarity, but could it be believed? Could it be muttered aloud? Or would it be better to lie and to tell the world something that they would want to hear?[break][break]

It was too much of a headache.[break][break]

“I could help move 'em.” A Snorlax was approachable. A Snorlax was familiar. Maybe it would be a well-needed distraction. “Besides, my pokemon are getting antsy.”[break][break]

Her Steelix was resting outside, by the gardens that the hospital tended. After Mossdeep, they were unable to find the remains of his capsule.[break][break]

When sunlight greeted them, so would he.[break][break]

Bailey would rest a hand atop Rumble's head, feeling the cold of his metal and the soft, rainbow reflection that he had never possessed. It was faint, but at that moment, she felt as if her hand was touching two pokemon instead of one. [break][break]

Her kiss to the Steelix's brow would have felt the same as being bumped by a Cutiefly, but he wagged his tail all the same. “He's doing a lot better—I was told there was a good chance he wouldn't make it, when they dragged us outta there.”[break][break]

But he defied the odds. Dents were keen on his frame like scars, but to the Sergeant, it only made him more distinguished as her hand smoothed over the flat expanse of his head. "Now, you can't even tell."

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 8:17:18 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia laughs, placing her cheek into the soft nook of her palm. the dents decorating rumble's frame are invisible. they're war medals. they catch the sunlight, shine and refract honour- and yet, they often betray the wounds beneath the surface.

dahlia wonders if bailey has such wounds. the commissioner does not know of her own. like worms, her slateport scars live and wriggle through synapse and neuron with startling shadows.

"well, i'm glad." dahlia says. "survivors. the both of you." she remembers her reuniclus, and her palms begin to pulse with sadness. "now, what is the best way to remove a snorlax, bailey?"

she leads their walk. peeking into the sky, lilycove hill looms ahead like a witch's hat. people gather close to its blue buckle, the snoring behemoth groaning mid-slumber as if it dreams of food. perhaps, sushi.

"brute force? a song and dance? oh! you could blow a raspberry on its stomach like you would a baby's." dahlia scratches her head. office work has sanded the mind. removed practicality in favour for technicality. "in some ways, this seems more difficult than fending off its otherworldly counterpart..."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 21:17:44 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She laughed at the suggestions.[break][break]

“I dunno. Last time I had to move a Snorlax, I had to literally move it. Took my whole team to haul the thing off the road.” Why were roads such an attractive spot for a Snorlax to take a nap? Was it because it was just the ground for them to sleep on, no twigs or rocks? Or was it because it was right in the sun so they could stay warm?[break][break]

Bailey was not sure, and she could hear the sound of scraping dirt as Rumble followed close behind.[break][break]

“You are right, though. It does seem harder,” because it was okay to respond to a rampaging Guzzlord with pure hostility. A simple Snorlax, relaxing on the road, did not need that treatment.[break][break]

The group of people seemed to part at their approach, most likely because of the presence of the Steelix. “I don't really want to have to do that again, though...”[break][break]

And another idea came to mind. Bailey snapped her fingers at the lightbulb flashed over her head. “Oh, wait. I got this.”[break][break]

She knew what would be effective, and it wouldn't be blowing rasberries. Her boots crunched across the soil as she approached the lumbering giant.[break][break]

And Bailey tapped it with an empty pokeball, consuming the giant in a flash of red light, processing the creature to something that could be contained.[break][break]

She didn't have the time to let it shake, because there was a chance that it could burst in her hands. This was not a weakened pokemon. She did not want to be crushed beneath its re-materialized weight.[break][break]

So, pulling her good arm back, Bailey Cooper chucked the pokeball away from the road and into an empty pasture.[break][break]

A fight would come next. "Ready for a battle, Dahlia?"

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 5:00:14 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia's fingers nibble at her cheek. the maneuver is reckless- no, it is absolutely brilliant. as bailey fixes the problem in her own way, she produces another; however, her confidence reveals the next matyroshka doll, for this smaller issue is something an elite four can handle with ease.

"i haven't battled in ages." dahlia gasps, suddenly thrust into a spotlight once forgotten. "let me..."

she fiddles around for a pokeball before casting her mr. rime out on to the pasture. immediately, her pokemon begins to tap dance, the icy cane making light, spritely sounds.

"can you even battle with your cast?" dahlia says, her mr. rime dancing still. "we'll end up in full-body casts if this goes wrong."

the snorlax bursts open- and it lands on two feet. at the quake, dahlia jumps and grabs bailey's arm.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 7:28:13 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

The commissioner's panic gave rise to a impetuous smile—a full body cast, huh?[break][break]

“You promise?” Bailey would mimic the nibbling motion of Dahlia's finger, spinning her own digit into the dimple of her cheek; yet, even as she joked, there was a focus that drew a sharpness to her eyes, refusing to stray from the sight of their grumpy foe.[break][break]

Battle called, and she had been deprived of its presence for too long.[break][break]

There were few things in this world that made Bailey Cooper feel confident—this was one of them. It was a work that could stir something deep and profound in her chest. She would have itched it, had her hand not been reaching for a pokeball.[break][break]

From her capsule, something emerged from the red light—something soft, pink, and imposing. Bewear manifested, and Bailey almost missed her catch as her pokeball snapped back to her open palm.[break][break]

The pink pokemon would give a short bow to his opponent, like a gentleman entering into a duel.[break][break]

“Hey Paddington. Let's keep this big guy from getting too close, okay?” and her eyes would carry to the Mister Rime, unable to make out what pokemon that was.[break][break]

There was a pause. An audible churning of her mental gears as she glanced to Dahlia as she remained latched to her plastered limb. “Where'd you get the walking eight-ball from?”[break][break]

Paddington would rush in, and his hurry seemed more derived from his embarrassment towards his trainer than genuine interest; a hammer arm worked as a clothesline to the snorlax's gut to try and push it back.

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 5:55:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"eight-ball... oh! rory here," dahlia says, "was a family carekeeper of mine." despite her best efforts, her dynasty's affluence still slips through the truths of her word. her world.

seeing the bewear bow reminds her of simpler times. for a moment, she dallies. the grasp she has on bailey's cast causes cognition to stall. apologetically, she snaps her hand away to direct her mr. rime.

"rory! a reflect, please. just in case!" dahlia shouts. "and a psychic to help paddington out."

her pokemon complies, its graceful footwork allowing it to charge forth with an eerie elegance. waving its cane around, a protective screen forms ahead of the bewear. as the design on mr. rime's stomach twirls, the psychic energy rushes alongside paddington's arm.

the snorlax skids back surprisingly enough.

"bailey, do we have a plan or are we playing a game of hariyama-sumo?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2020 7:39:38 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

Bailey does not understand the reference to hariyama, but she does understand sumo.[break][break]

“Paddington's got some pounds on him—” there was an audible snap as Paddington would look in their direction, aghast at her comment, “—I'd say he'd have a good chance.”[break][break]

She would scratch at her chest with her good arm, paying half a mind to the battle. The pink bear was a fighting-type. This would be his area of expertise... and it wasn't everyday she would have the chance to talk with the Commissioner.[break][break]

Dahlia was a busy woman. A meeting like this, even if it seemed simple and quaint, was not something readily given. “So, uh... I hear that the League Reports from Mossdeep are starting to come in,” and once she was able to work up the urge to write, she would have to do the same.[break][break]

Writing up police reports was just so boaring, and it didn't help that her writing was atrocious.[break][break]

“I read some of 'em... not by choice, but because I had nothing better to do. I think they've got the whole thing down.”[break][break]

But they didn't.[break][break]

Her fingers dug through the fabric, rubbing against the mark that had been plastered across her chest—just one of the many details that should be forgotten. Swept under the rug. Bailey Cooper cannot explain her aversion, but something held her tongue and ordered its silence.[break][break]

Silent like the day after the Mossdeep Space Center, when she began to realize that things in her life were changing—changing so fast that it had affected her own pokemon.[break][break]

Life was easier when all she had to worry about was a dead boyfriend. Now there were pokemon falling out of portals in the sky.[break][break]

“I don't got anything else to add,” because, at the time, it seemed so harmless to forgo its mention. Even now, it seemed forgotten. A worthless mark. A scar to match the surgical cuts of her elbow. “Unless you want me to struggle through the pain meds they got me on to get something typed up.”[break][break]

She never liked bringing unwanted attention to herself—bad enough her dream of being an average cop had been swept up by a war, and then almost eaten by an ultra beast.[break][break]

The fight continued to unfold, and both forces seemed equal in measure.[break][break]

“Was that all that we had to officially talk about?” And she said it with the suggestion that now they could talk about nice things—stupid sweet things to fill the air.

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2020 23:36:18 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "not everything needs to have a paper trail, bailey." dahlia fingernails continually come to her lips, begging to wedge themselves between her teeth. "i've just come to check in."

and yet, such visits are official matters too. penciled in one of many agendas. a checkbox ticked off in red. despite dahlia's apparent sincerity— can any movement escape the physics of an all-encompassing profession as this?

"that's all we need to talk about. oh, and this." dahlia's fingers slide away from her mouth. she pulls a file folder from underneath her jacket, and hands it to her. "a league endorsement. these are arbitrary really, but they're nice to have framed."

her mr. rime intensifies the PSYCHIC's power, blowing the snorlax back with an attack rather than a nurturer's push.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 0:48:43 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[newclass=.bailey-contain]--bailey-accent:#D1A05B; --bailey-img:url("https://i.imgur.com/nhdOMhi.png");[/newclass]

[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Old+Standard+TT:400,400i,700]

[attr="class","bailey-contain"]
[attr="class","bailey-head"]
[attr="class","bailey-ly-1"]i'm throwing

[attr="class","bailey-ly-2"]caution

[attr="class","bailey-body"]
[attr="class","bailey-text"]
[attr="class","bailey-quote"]

She would take those words with honesty—too trusting to try and pick them apart as some would do. It was better to float at the surface, where words could be taken with their spoken meaning.[break][break]

It was why Bailey figured she would never have a mind for anything beyond her station. She lacked the paranoia that seemed characteristic of some council members, who itched at even the faintest of gestures. She knew that this was not a fact, but it was funny to characterize the revolving cast of characters as if they were rattatas twitching to escape to the grass.[break][break]

“I'm doin' okay,” and she knew that 'okay' came with a flexibility that could apply even to her. “...To be frank, the fucking cast itches.”[break][break]

Without the Snorlax to push back against him, Paddington would take the chance to grab one of the pokemon's cumbersome arms to bend behind its back; driving the creature to the ground with bind to try and restrain it. Mister Rime had granted him that opening.[break][break]

The endorsement was taken by her good hand, and she took a moment to stare at its contents. A page with signatures and her name in simple print—almost like a diploma. It could fit the space on her office wall where a degree would have been situated.[break][break]

“Yeah... that will be pretty nice,” and Bailey wondered how long she could keep it looking this pristine.[break][break]

She cleared her throat, just to suppress the sound of Paddington's elbow being repeatedly smashed into the Snorlax—hammer arm came with such brutal sounds. “Things are really changing, huh?”[break][break]

The end of Rocket was supposed to spell something different—she had hoped it would be different.[break][break]

“Well, least I'll be sticking around. You know, in case anything else falls out of the sky.”

[attr="class","bailey-footer"]

[attr="class","bailey-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.bailey-contain] width: 500px; background: #efefef; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head] width: 100%; height: 250px; position: relative; background: var(--bailey-img); background-color: var(--bailey-accent); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-size: cover; border-bottom: 7px solid #222; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head::before] content: ""; position: absolute; left: -1px; top: -1px; clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 0 0, 0 100%); width: 50%; height: 100%; background-color: #000; opacity: 0.2; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head::after] content: ""; position: absolute; bottom: -1px; right: -1px; height: 125px; width: 125px; background: #fff; clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 0% 100%, 100% 100%); opacity: 0.15; z-index: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head div] position: absolute; z-index: 1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-ly-1] height: 0px; color: #111; text-transform: uppercase; font: 700 14px roboto; bottom: 90px; right: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-ly-2] height: 50px; font: 700 60px/100% Old Standard TT; color: #000; text-transform: uppercase; bottom: 25px; right: 25px; position: relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-ly-2::after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 10px; height: 15px; background: var(--bailey-accent); bottom: 0px; right: 0px; width: 100%; z-index: -1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-body] width: 500px; position: relative; background: #2A2A2A; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-text] padding: 60px 60px 60px 60px; font: 400 14px/18px Old Standard TT; color: #989898; text-align: justify; position: relative; z-index: 1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-text b] font: 700 14px/18px roboto; position: relative; color: var(--bailey-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-quote] width: 65px; height: 69px; margin-right: 10px; display: inline-block; float: left; background: var(--bailey-accent); clip-path: polygon(25% 0%, 100% 0%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); shape-outside: polygon(25% 0%, 100% 0%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-quote:before] content: "\eca8"; font-family: "honeybee"; color: #111; font-size: 24px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-body::after] content: ""; width: 100%; height: 120%; position: absolute; right: 0px; top: -50px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/629186993599021066/702065069000884244/starry_night_with_a_layer_on_it.png); transform: scaleX(-1); opacity: 0.2; filter: grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); z-index: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-body::before] content: ""; position: absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px; z-index: 1; height: 100%; width: 450px; background: rgb(37, 37, 37); background: linear-gradient( 90deg, rgba(30, 30, 30, 0) 0%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 1) 100% ); [/newclass] [newclass=.bailey-footer] width: calc(100% - 100px); background-color: #2A2A2A; position: relative; border-bottom: 7px solid var(--bailey-accent); display: flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; align-items: center; padding: 40px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-footer::before] content: ""; position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100%; background:var(--bailey-img); background-position: bottom; filter: grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); opacity: 0.175; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-footer div] height: 20px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: center; position: relative; color: #000; font: 700 18px/100% Roboto; text-transform: uppercase; z-index: 1; background: var(--bailey-accent); padding: 6px 10px 5px 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-footer div a] font: 700 18px/100% Roboto !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; background: #D1A05B !important; color: #000 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-credit] width: 50px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 450px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-credit a] font: 700 8px/100% roboto !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-contain-honeybee]speak:none;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;font-variant:normal;text-transform:none;line-height:1;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale } @font-face {font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;}[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 23:21:35 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 the snorlax finally falls. or at least, it seems to give up in its usual nonchalant way. perhaps, too lazy to offer more fight—or worried it would lose its lunch from the repeated hammer arms to its stomach—the snorlax complies.

it begins to stomp away.

dahlia rests her cheek in her palm, steadying herself as the ground quakes in its wake. "if not something else, it'll be the sky itself." she frowns briefly, "the sky is always falling, bailey."

she grabs bailey's arm again as the last aftershock of a snorlax's stomping rumbles beneath them.

"thankfully, we have you! hopefully you have no plans of retiring anytime soon." her mr. rime returns to her, its icy cane like heels clacking on glass.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2020 22:38:54 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[newclass=.bailey-contain]--bailey-accent:#D1A05B; --bailey-img:url("https://i.imgur.com/nhdOMhi.png");[/newclass]

[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Old+Standard+TT:400,400i,700]

[attr="class","bailey-contain"]
[attr="class","bailey-head"]
[attr="class","bailey-ly-1"]i'm throwing

[attr="class","bailey-ly-2"]caution

[attr="class","bailey-body"]
[attr="class","bailey-text"]
[attr="class","bailey-quote"]

“Always, huh?” She said with a sigh. What a bitch.[break][break]

Bailey wondered if it was knowledge that shaped such a perspective—did Hoenn seem safer when she was younger because she had been ignorant? Had threats always crept at the far reaches of their skyline?[break][break]

She blinked, remembering that Kanto had collapsed without her notice. It was the tremors—the repercussions of the impact—that would shape her years later.[break][break]

What was that bullshit about a butterfree and its wings? That a small thing could cause a hurricane somewhere else? A state collapsing seemed like no small thing, but she would apply the analogy anyway.[break][break]

“I think I'm too young to retire. Like, most people gotta work way longer than I have. Why? Have other gym leaders hit you with that bullshit before they drop out of their position?” She said it with a joking infliction, but felt like her words struck true.[break][break]

None of them ever saved a city. Bailey had that thought just to build herself up, if only for a moment.[break][break]

“I think we're gonna be stuck with each other for awhile—Commissioner is like, for life, right?” Bailey spoke with ignorance. “And like I said, I'm stuck here. I can't uproot myself from a place like this—it's my home, yaknow?”[break][break]

As the snorlax disappeared from sight, she knew that the job was done. Now, they would have to walk all the way back... and the thought of the cold hospital was enough to make her shudder.[break][break]

Just a few more days. Then, freedom.[break][break]

“Uhhh, wanna snag coffee on the way back? I'm in no rush.” A pause. “I'm sick of drinking out of those Styrofoam cups at the hospital.”[break][break]

/end

[attr="class","bailey-footer"]

[attr="class","bailey-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.bailey-contain] width: 500px; background: #efefef; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head] width: 100%; height: 250px; position: relative; background: var(--bailey-img); background-color: var(--bailey-accent); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-size: cover; border-bottom: 7px solid #222; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head::before] content: ""; position: absolute; left: -1px; top: -1px; clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 0 0, 0 100%); width: 50%; height: 100%; background-color: #000; opacity: 0.2; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head::after] content: ""; position: absolute; bottom: -1px; right: -1px; height: 125px; width: 125px; background: #fff; clip-path: polygon(100% 0, 0% 100%, 100% 100%); opacity: 0.15; z-index: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-head div] position: absolute; z-index: 1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-ly-1] height: 0px; color: #111; text-transform: uppercase; font: 700 14px roboto; bottom: 90px; right: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-ly-2] height: 50px; font: 700 60px/100% Old Standard TT; color: #000; text-transform: uppercase; bottom: 25px; right: 25px; position: relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-ly-2::after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 10px; height: 15px; background: var(--bailey-accent); bottom: 0px; right: 0px; width: 100%; z-index: -1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-body] width: 500px; position: relative; background: #2A2A2A; overflow: hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-text] padding: 60px 60px 60px 60px; font: 400 14px/18px Old Standard TT; color: #989898; text-align: justify; position: relative; z-index: 1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-text b] font: 700 14px/18px roboto; position: relative; color: var(--bailey-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-quote] width: 65px; height: 69px; margin-right: 10px; display: inline-block; float: left; background: var(--bailey-accent); clip-path: polygon(25% 0%, 100% 0%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); shape-outside: polygon(25% 0%, 100% 0%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-quote:before] content: "\eca8"; font-family: "honeybee"; color: #111; font-size: 24px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-body::after] content: ""; width: 100%; height: 120%; position: absolute; right: 0px; top: -50px; background: url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/629186993599021066/702065069000884244/starry_night_with_a_layer_on_it.png); transform: scaleX(-1); opacity: 0.2; filter: grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); z-index: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-body::before] content: ""; position: absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px; z-index: 1; height: 100%; width: 450px; background: rgb(37, 37, 37); background: linear-gradient( 90deg, rgba(30, 30, 30, 0) 0%, rgba(29, 29, 29, 1) 100% ); [/newclass] [newclass=.bailey-footer] width: calc(100% - 100px); background-color: #2A2A2A; position: relative; border-bottom: 7px solid var(--bailey-accent); display: flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; align-items: center; padding: 40px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-footer::before] content: ""; position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 100%; height: 100%; background:var(--bailey-img); background-position: bottom; filter: grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); opacity: 0.175; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-footer div] height: 20px; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; align-items: center; position: relative; color: #000; font: 700 18px/100% Roboto; text-transform: uppercase; z-index: 1; background: var(--bailey-accent); padding: 6px 10px 5px 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-footer div a] font: 700 18px/100% Roboto !important; text-transform: uppercase !important; background: #D1A05B !important; color: #000 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-credit] width: 50px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 450px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-credit a] font: 700 8px/100% roboto !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bailey-contain-honeybee]speak:none;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;font-variant:normal;text-transform:none;line-height:1;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale } @font-face {font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;}[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
on your goode side [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 1:20:52 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 bailey's jesting inspires a laugh from dahlia. although the elite four hasn't said anything particularly witty or well-crafted, it's her rough around the edges demeanour, the casual cadence in which she carries herself, that unties dahlia's knots.

"for life?" in a sense, bailey is not wrong. they are rooted to the same region, and documented history would not forget their names. "coffee sounds great. just one note of warning."

her mr. rime's tap dancing clacks in celebratory paces around the bewear.

"i have a bad habit of spilling things."