Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
it's a Ren Faire outing!

Most of the time he had to do work.

Nothing but work, work, work, and even more work! It was either that or paperwork—and man, how Lars detested the sight of doing paperwork. Especially in the cramped office of the Ranger Headquarters, his long legs barely fitting into the confines of his assigned desk behind a mountain of papers that needed filing, signing, and routing to other departments.

So it was this one time he decided to “fuck this shit, I’m out,” and skip out of work.

He couldn’t stand being in an office the whole day! Could you blame the man, though.

Hearing about these little fairs that would pop up every so often around the area, he decided to make hot tracks for one—coincidentally, close to Fortree where a certain other person he knew lived—and joined in on the fun. Seeing that there were a lot of people who were in costumes, he decided to look for a place that was renting out costumes to other people who would show up.

One costume change later…

He couldn’t believe what he’d gotten himself into. Thank the fuck he had some spare hair gel packets on him.

He was dressed up, down to the boots in a pirate costume and an eye path over his left eye. He did look like a seafarer who’d gotten lost ashore and was now looking to purchase some ‘supplies’ for his ‘ship’, wherever it was moored out—he was getting into this a little too much, and he liked it.

Seeing that there was a stand that sold some food, he made a beeline right for it and was now waiting for his purchase after paying up. The sight of melted cheese atop potatoes really did drive him mad.

Who would he run into out here today?

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
hiding behind masks [mission]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 6:54:38 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

lars' reputation precedes him. although this is by no means the duty of the commissioner, dahlia keeps tabs on the rising stars of the region. their presence ascends from the script of papers. words are scavenged for any meat, but they remain plain. official. objective. reports barely betray the dramatics of a region riddled with strife and excitement while she sits alone in her office with a stale cup of coffee.

but here, in the ren-faire, which she gladly obliged to offer her time and passion to, she enjoys a break from the sweaty, bombastic action of melting cheese. she spots him in line. carefully, she leans out of the stall. dressed as a morgan le fay type of some imagination, her dress dangles above the squashed grass.

"pssst. mr. anderson. come here." dahlia's damp face peeks out of the stall and she beckons him with a finger. "get out of line. i have you covered. hurry!!"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2019 19:04:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he's very surprised

He was waiting—oh, Arceus, how he hated waiting for food! If there was one thing that drove him batty, it was waiting for sustenance to arrive and a lot of people in front of him and his food!

Can you blame him, though, he was very hungry after completing that costume change and having to hide his clothes in a baggage deposit booth after waiting in front of an equally long line in front of the changing rooms.

Yes, it was that crowded.

And now his mood was starting to get crabby. What was taking so long with the—

He did a double-take when he saw someone dressed up like a fairy queen calling his attention. Making sure not to draw attention to the rest of the crowd, he quietly pointed to himself and mouthed, “Me?” and quickly slipping out of the long line before anyone else noticed where he’d gone off to and start complaining.

Well, can’t blame the fairy queen! He thought to himself, pockets rustling with the sound of his Pokéballs and his wallet, as he tried to keep up to where the woman was calling him over.

“I’m sorry, but do I—“ he began to apologize once he was close enough—and then, it hit him.

He recognized who was with him, very carefully dressed as the Morgan le Fay of the area.

“Are—are you okay? How have you been? Honestly, who’s here watching you? No guards?” he mutters quietly in her direction, looking around to see if there was anyone else patrolling the area, keeping an eye out for unruly partygoers and the like.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 7:11:29 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"oh, i'm fine. it's hot in the stall, but i'm on break."

dahlia laughs, plucking a few beads of sweat from her forehead. suddenly conscious of her appearance, she draws back the golden ring of her hair stuck across her forehead.

"rocket's gone, lars! it's time to celebrate!"

one of the workers leans down, providing her with a paper takeout tray so heavily weighted by melted cheese. she takes it carefully, cradling it with her smile.

"here. let's share. let's have a country banquet by that tree over there, okay?" dahlia leans back, biting her tongue as she strains to grab plastic utensils from the stall.

she anchors her voice in a terrible pirate accent, her true tones cracking through in awkward splashes. "so, captain lars... how did you lose yer eye?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2019 20:05:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he's a terrible pirate lol

“I can imagine,” he continues, as he takes out an ivory pipe from his pocket—the very same one he often uses to smoke out of while he’s alone—and begins to search his pockets for a particular little pouch.

Shit, did I manage to get leaves this time around? Can’t remember! He thinks as he frantically feels around in his pocket. His fingers idly dance by several shrunken-down marbles; the Pokéballs of his team—before he switches pockets and finally pulls out a small pouch that he values as much as actual gold.

“Oh, here, allow me,” he continues as he sticks the unlit pipe back in his mouth and makes a grab for the piping-hot treat, careful to hold it while she reaches for utensils before they head out towards the tree she’d pointed out. He was a little uneasy, seeing as there were no visible bodyguards around, so his eyes kept scanning the crowd until they’d reached their destination.

“Arr,” he begins with a mischievous glint in his eye4, “…m’lady, I had a fight with some brigands,” he says, silently shaking with laughter at what he just said. Even if his own accent sounded borderline atrocious, he couldn’t resist the next few motions before lifting up the patch and winking at her with the other eye for a few moments before lowering it once more.

“Is rough bein’ a man o’ the sea, I lost me land legs for I’m a sealubber,” he continues in the same terrible accent, although there’s a hint of mirth and humor in his voice as he goes on. “M’ ship’s at th’ Lilycove Port,” he goes on, playing it up for maximum effect.

Unable to resist a few more seconds, he finally breaks into a fit of laughter before having to clear his throat a bit—very nearly losing his pipe in the process.

“Seriously, though… I’m still not so sure they’re really gone. It’s just—there’s something that’s bothering me, I don’t know why it keeps prickling at me… it’s more than that sense of unease,” he says quietly a few moments later, leaning in so close that only she could hear his musings.

“Even if they’re ‘gone’, I can’t help but be concerned…” he adds a few moments afterward, face screwing up into a serious mood for a few moments.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2019 21:40:43 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia joins in the laughter, her eyes carefully following the pipe cradled in lars' lips. she sees it as a plank which bobs and struggles with an invisible weight.

"i have to admit," she whispers back as she leads them to the tree, "the transition has been... interesting... i'm trying to get used to the nothingness of it all. do you know what i mean?"

she settles in the grass, painfully aware that she had forgotten her picnic blanket in her car. yet, she bears no discomfort on her face. instead, she pats the earth beside her.

"sit, sit. enjoy yourself, sealubber." she says. "in any case, there are still things to fret about if you need it. aggressive pokemon have been popping up here and there across the region- like those tentacruel you fought."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2019 21:01:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
ARRRRRR lol

“Tell me—something doesn’t sit right with you, either? he whispers back, following her lead and sitting down cross-legged on the dirt next to her. Now that they’re in a much more comfortable spot, he then takes out the small pouch and inhales the scent. “Do you mind? It’s vanilla,” he says, offering the pouch with his free hand for her to smell.

Chuckling as they went back to the pirate-talk, he then smirked.

“Aye, lass, have ye been on th’ sea?” he inquires in that terrible, cracking pirate accent once again, taking a few of the crunchy dough balls and poking at them with one of the forks and dipping it in the cheese. “Ye should come aboard m’ship, try livin’ out on the waves,” he goes on, before another smirk cracks across his face and he breaks down into another fit of laughter again.

Once he’s done eating, he stuffs a pinch of leaves into the pipe and fumbles around for a match box. Once he finds it, a flick of a match stick later and he lights up the leaves enough to let them catch alight. After making sure that the match is properly put out, he lets it sit for a while before turning to face her once again at the mention of Tentacruel.

Wait, how did word get out so—

He then realizes who he’s talking to a few moments later and lets out a laugh.

“Aye, but beware the sea beasties. Some ‘a them are downrigh’ dangerous,” he adds a few moments later, still shaking in silent mirth. When the laughter dies down, he looks around, hoping that nobody’s listening.

“We all did what we had to. Hell, even was there. It just so happened there were a lot of people in the right place at the right time,” he supplies a few moments later. “Got lucky we had a Gym Leader among the crowd, too…”

He’s trying to downplay how much he’d gotten involved in the incident, but knowing the Commissioner? She may as well be fully aware of what he’d done out there during that time!

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2019 21:33:27 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"oh, everything is 'sitting' just fine. it's just the awkwardness of change. that's all." her shoulders shrug with a weight too light and too heavy. stuck somewhere in between in an awkward balancing act of purpose and inaction.

dahlia smiles, and refuses the fragrant satchel with a polite raise of the hand. she offers an excuse: "sorry, mr. anderson. i can't smell anything but cooking oil and grease at the moment."

she makes it clear that she is no sea-faring adventurer, but that she has been on one boat or two.

as the pipe spoke clouds, she remembers why she didn't smoke. too much stress. no time. a bad habit takes over the planner and crawls over the lines.

"aren't we lucky to have so many capable hands." dahlia says. "and that is why i was wondering if you would lend those capable hands of yours to man several branches of our rangers?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2019 2:18:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
you know he's going to say yes he's just being humble about it XD

There’s nothing but a puff of vanilla-scented goodness coming from his direction as he takes in another drag, the better for him to calm his nerves down. As he tries to release a puff of smoke shaped like a ship—wait, wasn’t that just for theatrical show he remembered seeing in one of those movies he would watch in his free time—the puff instead ended up looking a bit like a Swablu, only without the face.

Well, at least he tried to make a smoky creation!

“Sometimes change comes too quickly. I, for one… well, to be fair, it’s still off-putting. You do know my reservations about this, Rocket suddenly going poof… while I’m thankful that the immediate threat is gone, it’s like. There’s something. Like this instinct. That something worse is coming…”

The news about Mossdeep was more than enough to set him on edge, basically.

“Here’s to hoping that my instincts aren’t wrong about this. Most of the time—they’re right,” he mutters as he takes another one of the crispy friend badness and dunks it in the cheese dip. Once he’s calmed down by having some of the snacks, he turns to face her at that last pronouncement.

“Are you—?” he inquires at first. it’s not until the pipe almost falls out of his mouth a few moments later does he remember to catch it, fingers barely grabbing it before it hit the dewy grass.

“I—I’m sure there’re more qualified—“ he stammers as the realization sinks in belatedly. Helping himself to a few more of the friend balls of badness—goodness—whichever, they were so unhealthy but at the same time so delicious—he tries to gather his thoughts.

“Is this—is this for what I think it may be?” he asks her again, to make sure that he hadn’t misheard.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2019 5:48:36 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"oh, you know you're more than just qualified." dahlia flips through the reports in her mind, a wet finger shuffling through each thought like printer paper. "give yourself some credit."

the commissioner laughs, crossing her thin leg across the other. among the theatrics and cheer of renaissance, her bestowment of responsibility is cast with a calm nonchalance.

"yes, yes, yes." dahlia reiterates. "hoenn is such a... large region. maybe more unexplored than not, if you consider its oceans. it only makes sense to have more than one overseer. so what do you think?"

the wind shifts direction.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2019 18:07:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
yEET

He felt his ears burn red at the complement that was tossed his way.

“I mean… I just do what I do, being a Ranger and all that. Help people get out of the way of violent Pokémon or just assisting wherever I end up,” he adds with a nonchalant shrug.

Several more of the deep-fried treats disappear as he scarfs them down, being careful to edge around just in case his companion wanted some to eat as well.

“I know I can’t be able to handle this alone, so all the help would be very much appreciated,” Lars said after letting some silence fall between them.

Between weighing the options in his head and seeing that the rest of the Rangers got moving and appearing more often, he decided…

Why not go along with it?

“When… when would this arrangement begin?” he inquired a few moments later as he picks some more deep-fried badness and they disappear into the maw that’s his mouth, an attempt to quell his hunger.

He wonders if he would still need his second job as a courier after this.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2019 5:18:14 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

dahlia plucks a potato and chomps into its crisp skin. as she speaks, chewing casually in between words, the commissioner becomes the portrait of her previous life. before lars, she forgoes etiquette. forgets the nitpicky thought of the grass stains rubbing into her dress.

"hmmff..." the commissioner chews. "you won't be alone. there are other head rangers that you can seek mentorship from-"

dahlia can not help but take another potato, the grease on her fingers drawn by a cheesy gravity.

"-other head rangers. you won't be alone in this. we've already made the arrangements aside from a few papers you need to sign... so, should you accept," a magic glint, like a diamond, flashes magically from her eye, "you'd start next week, scallywag."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2019 17:13:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

With the way they were going through the cheesy balls, it was bound to run out before they were done talking.

Not that he minded this, though.

Reaching for a few more, he blows on them for a bit before scarfing them down, his appetite righteously ignited.

Unable to help himself at the Commissioner’s face as she made a greedy grab for some of the deep-fried badness, he let her take some more before snapping up some more for himself.

He listened while she was talking, chewing on the balls that were in his mouth.

“Next week?” he began after a few moments of silence. Quickly flashing back to his schedule as a courier, he wondered if he could still squeeze that job in.

“I’d have to tell the delivery service I work with about the new arrangement. Oh, you thought I idled around when I’m not on duty? I help out this delivery service around western Hoenn when I’m not on-call as a Ranger,” he quickly explains as he makes a grab for the rest of the fried badness and left the rest for her.

“I can definitely start next week, if not earlier—would that be alright? he inquired.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 0:42:05 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

"ah, lars."

dahlia grasps the man's arm with her lithe fingers. although they barely wrinkle the fabric of his get-up, a maternal firmness is still expressed in the lean of her body.

"do be careful of stretching yourself too thin. i don't want you to be a stunfisk by the end of this. one thing at a time."

as she returns upright, the commissioner hooks another treat for herself.

"of course! i'll help you with your transition. just give me a call." dahlia says, plopping the fried snack into her mouth as she fishes out a business card. as she chews, she extends it to him between her two fingers. "just be aware... it's a lot of paper work, paper signatures and paper cuts."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2019 22:13:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, one free move of choice for one pokemon (redeem in site shop).