awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
match
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 2:02:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

team rocket is no more. the only power they have is their name in the history books. with the advent of the creatures in mossdeep, team rocket is irrelevant to his goals. no longer will they be used as a benchmark to propel the league to advance battling to a higher level. that's why he ended them, putting an end to a project the spiraled out of control. the only thing left is to tie up loose ends.

"lenora grimaldi."

inside the empty contest hall is someone who's ventured way too far for someone alone. slateport may have been freed from rocket hold but that's a relatively new development. the lack of league interference still leaves the broken down city in shambles, shady enough for the daring characters that prey on those dumb enough to let down their guard. the new rocket boss is one of them, piecing together what he can from silas' scraps.

@lenora

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
match
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 2:16:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] It is after the contest, well after everyone else has left, and Lenora is still dressed as if it were just starting. Without a crowd of people, the contest hall feels like an abandoned cathedral; there is something wrong with a place that is suppose to be alive and filled with noise now so empty.

She does not know why she is here still. Lenora has won the contest. She has no reason to stay. She stays, perhaps, because the victory is hollow without anyone to celebrate it with. Without someone to tell her you've done it - someone important. Hearing the praise from crowds can only fill so much of the perpetual emptiness in her chest.

Her name is a song skipping a beat: abrupt and demanding attention.

Lenora lifts her head and she draws her red lips into a smile. The voice is familiar; the face is not.

"Hello," she greets, taking a step towards the man. "I didn't think there was anyone else here. The contest ended a bit ago. I suppose I was being nostalgic. My first ever contest was here, you see. But I'm sorry to ramble - do I know you?"

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
match
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 3:14:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

play the character; break the bad habits. fernando refuses to narrow his eyes at the lone coordinator. she's too soft. it almost makes him want to scowl. to imagine her of all people in rocket—it baffles him. the mix of confusion allows him to hide his facial tendencies, brandishing a wide smirk that hints at his menacing intent.

"you don't but you will."

he pulls out a carton of cigarettes from his breast pocket, pulling one from the fresh pack and lighting it before placing it between his lips. fernando takes a long drag, embracing the thick smog before continuing. "i wonder what your adoring fans will think when they find out that the grimaldi family has been funding rocket for years on end."

@lenora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
match
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 12:16:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] A smirk as sharp as a scalpel's edge makes Lenora tilt her chin up in the image of confidence and defiance. She smiles back, polite and unassuming, the way she has learned throughout her life. Play innocent. Play dumb. Her fingers press together in front of her stomach.

Her gaze flickers to his hand then back to his face. She tilts her head and blinks, mascara black lashes dusting across her cheeks.

The silence is suffocating. There is a threat in the air. Lenora's expression only falters when he speaks again and even then, it is a brief crack in her facade. Her jaw sets, hands slipping to clasp the palms together.

"Has been what?" she asks, laughing. She unwinds a hand to tuck a curl of hair behind her ear. "Wherever did you hear that sort of gossip? I wouldn't worry about it. People will say anything that comes to mind. Why, last week, I saw an article suggesting I had put on weight! Imagine that."

She looks at him, a harder edge to her eyes.

"You're not suppose to smoke in here."

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
match
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 1:12:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

is she playing dumb or does she truly not know? he can't be sure but the fleeting memories of their previous encounter reinforce the one thing fernando knows is true. no one is that nice, not even . he still suspects her of playing the same game as him but he's leery of committing his suspicions on one side too heavily. so, that leaves him with little choice but to double down. play her bluff with his own and wait until she cracks.

because no matter how much she fakes it fernando has a tool that no one else can deny: his under bosses and . when utilized as the underappreciated resource that they are, they become something more— they become rocket.

"my name is alexander redwall and i'm the head accountant for team rocket. all the funding for team rocket used to go through me and was reallocated to wherever boss man silas told me to put it. unfortunately, ole' boss man croaked."

how much of this is a lie and how much of it is true? only fernando knows. as for how much she'll buy? he wagers the bluff on the only ace he has in his hand—information straight for the under bosses. unless silas kept secrets with lenora that he didn't privy to either of them, he should get away scott free. naturally, he doubts someone such as lenora dealt with any sort of financials personally but that's also a presumption that may bite him in the ass. that's the thing about risk assessment, he analyzes what information he has, what his opponent likely knows, and weighs the practicality versus the loss aversion of employing such a tactic.

all he has to do is execute it and for fernando silph, the fakest scum of the earth, the man of a million practiced faces, this is nothing more then reflecting back on years of mental abuse in the form of being molded into a social caste against his will.

another exhale and the smoke plumes from his flared nostrils.

"the only weight you gained is an extra burden on your shoulders, cheery. now let's quit the small talk and get down to business, love."

@lenora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
match
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 2:03:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Lenora has a natural inclination to believe what she's told, or at the very least, not doubt it.It's always been her way of getting by and getting people to like her. People like good girls who don't argue against them. But here, confronted in an empty arena with a threat hanging in the air, Lenora does not know if she believes him.

He is trying to goad her into slipping up. It does not matter if she believes him.

She smiles.

"What business?" Lenora asks, tone saccharine. "I'm not sure why you're in here threatening me and talking nonsense, but it's not very nice and I don't like rude people. You're wasting both of our time - I have nothing to do with Rocket and you have nothing to do with me."

A hand lifts to the start of a sternum where a small pokeball gleams. A long, pink nail taps against it. Is this comfort - a sign of weakness, a show that he frightens her - or a threat?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
match
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 2:06:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

alexander frowns. the glare he bestows upon her speaks volumes about his opinion but internally his mental gymnastics are calculating the likeliness of her story. on one hand, lenora could be telling the truth. maybe she truly is the golden girl of the grimaldi family. in that case, she's useless to him. but, if that's the truth, she should play the role to the tee, immensely caring for her family and ready to defend them no matter the cost.

and, on the chance that he's right, that there's something beneath the surface that he hasn't quite breached, then the best route is to stick to his guns. she will break. all he has to do is chip at her. play the cards and double down further. if she won't admit it then he'll strike from another angle. a stronger one.

"shit. you really don't know shit, huh, love?"

he flicks the end of his cigarette, a pitiful amount of burnt ashes crumbling from the tip. "welp. what a fucking waste of time. i guess dom was right. ain't no one would've trusted a pretty lil' lass like you."

the frown grows into a look of disgust as he removes the cigarette from his mouth. it sits nestled between his fingers as he wagers leaving altogether, "you can forget this ever happened, lil lady. i'll be visiting your dad instead. figured he'd be the one pulling the strings."

it's a layered bait aimed both eventualities but how she bites is a toss up entirely.

@lenora
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
match
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 2:17:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] The corner of Lenora's mouth tightens. Her hand fidgets at her sternum, rolling the pokeball between thumb and index. The way he looks at her makes her skin crawl. It is not a feeling of discomfort, the kind she gets when a man sets his hand against her wrist and leans in just a bit too close, but something like anger. It's an ugly, seething sort of feeling. What does he see when he looks at her?

Lenora steps forward. Stiletto heels make a resounding tap against the floor. "I'm sure you'll walk away just as disappointed as you did today, Mr. Redstone - or was it Redwall?"

The pokeball is smooth to touch. She passes a thumb over the button, feels the indent under her skin.

Her father can take care of himself. He has gotten this far without giving away his secrets.

Lenora steps next to Alexander Redstone and turns her head to look at him. In heels, she is eye level. She smiles and the bitter feeling under her skin turns her smile sharp. This one does not meet her eyes.

"You have a lovely face. I'll be sure to remember it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
match
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 2:39:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"the only thing that disappoints me are dead men and incarcerated colleagues."

fernando keeps an eye on her pokeball. all it takes is a second to push the button and bring out her pokemon of choice. he makes a conscious effort to avoid playing with his own, unwilling to escalate the situation further. he's here for information not a battle. handling her is no question but that'll be messy.

that can wait until he's done with the head of the grimaldi.

"you look lovely though lassie. i'm sure you'll keep that beaut' in a funeral gown."

she's too close for comfort and fernando answers blowing her away with a puff of smoke. proximity itself is no problem. between his ditto and smeargle, he has no doubt that his disguise is infallible. the amount of time allotted to his smeargle has made the work of art come to life. even fernando's cheek bones look different, providing a more angular face.

"well, ta ta now. gotta tie up some loose ends." fernando never turns away from her. diverting his vision from her body for a moment, at this distance, without his own pokeball ready can prove disastrous. what's important is widening his reaction timing window and he does so with a large stride backwards.

pull away and slip into the night. that's the plan but should lenora try to upstage him then he has no choice but to show her a true contest—one where power triumph over all.

@lenora
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
match
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 2:48:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Lenora's nose crinkles but she does not move or falter. She tells herself she is on top, she is in control, this man is playing to her rules. His threat is vapid, meant to scare - this is what she tells herself.

This does not need to end in a fight. Her hand lowers from the pokeball to smooth the skirt of her dress.

Her head turns. A curtain of pale hair blocks the man from view. Lenora takes her leave.

The tap tap tap of stilettos fills the stadium.