i've seen this movie,

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 17:34:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","berk"]
Berkeley shifted his weight back and forth in thought, just contemplating how to go about the rumor he'd been told.

Rumor had it that somebody went into Mauville Hills to investigate a rumor about the suite being haunted. That rumor had started that morning, circled among the Ranger network, (because they have that, right?) and Berkeley decided to respond.

The full rumor, for those curious and in need of clarification, was that the Mauville Hills suite 708 was haunted by two lovers who, on their wedding night, had too good a time and died during an overdose. Very much angry they never got to fully experience the depths of their love for one another and travel the regions together, the ghosts became mean and angry ghost Pokémon. Somebody tried to take on the task of alleviating the room of its curse but ended up not returning in the process.

So Berkeley was here to not only rescue that someone but to put the lover's spirits to rest in whatever way possible. Twisting the card key in his fingertips, he glanced down at his Umbreon, who's yellow rings were glowing in the dark of the night and illuminating the hallway around them.

"Ready, Bronn?" Berkeley asked the Umbreon, who simply snorted and pawed at the door, an indication for Berke to hurry up before he got bored or decided he wasn't about that life anymore.

"Oh, raring for a reward aren't we?" Berkeley teased since Bronn never did anything unless he had a reward waiting for him at the end.

Slowly, Berkeley opened the door, not enjoying the shot of cold air that hit him. He took a deep breath before moving into the room after Bronn, looking around the suite and hoping he'd find somebody and not some body a.k.a. a corpse.

OPEN THREAD

[newclass=.berk] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.berk b]color:#4D72A0;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.berk i]color:#4D72A0;[/newclass][newclass=.berk a]color:#4D72A0;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 3:57:38 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
When the door creaked open and the man stepped through, he'd indeed find somebody. But, very likely, not the somebody he'd expect. Sitting in a bathrobe with her wet hair tied in a messy bun, the pinkette stared up at the ranger with a blank expression from the large couch. One blink. Then another.

Oh.

She...wasn't expecting company, but...

"Did the weird guy sell you the room for the night too?" Noelle slowly began, an amused smile making its way to her lips, followed by a laugh. It...completely ruined the icy cold chill and eerie aura the room gave off. Her bright hair and colorful personality seemed incredibly mismatched against the dreary room. "He didn't even give me a key though...Just sorta jiggled around with the door and forced it open. Said something about the 'doors often getting stuck' - which mmmiigghhttt explain why I can't get the closet door unlocked. Maybe?" Continuing to babble on, it slowly began to occur to Noelle that maybe...maybe the guy who 'sold' her the inn room for the night was actually just some con artist. That would explain a lot of things.

....Oh.

Horribly out of the loop now but still jarringly tranquil, the sudden giggle of a distant voice in the wind was ignored by her. "He also said the AC's 'messed up'. Whatever that means." Slowly realizing how farfetched the 'sellers' excuses for the room was, she paled slightly. "Am...I missing something here?"

@berke

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 20:28:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","berk"]
"I was starting to think I was missing something." Berkeley admitted with a soft smile.

"I had heard that somebody was going to be here, but I'd also been told that the somebody who was here, had gotten lost. Perhaps you weren't lost, perhaps you were simply misplaced?" Because Berkeley had heard there was a difference between something being lost and something being misplaced. Sometimes it was the same, sometimes it was very different.

For now, he figured, perhaps he should help this young woman out. "My name is Berkeley Rhodes. I'm a Ranger sent here by the Mauville maintenance to get rid of the 'curse' or 'disturbance' in the room." Leaning back, he placed a hand on his chin in thought. Bronn took a seat beside Berkeley, eyeing the woman with pink hair like she didn't belong. Because, well, she didn't.

"Though now I'm starting to wonder if you're the disturbance?" And then there was that awful distant giggle that moved through the wind. Berkeley lifted the finger on his chin into the air. "Ah. Nope. That's probably it."

(( she's so precious oof ))

[newclass=.berk] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.berk b]color:#4D72A0;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.berk i]color:#4D72A0;[/newclass][newclass=.berk a]color:#4D72A0;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 2:10:36 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"Huh...?...HUH?!" Slowly but surely, everything began to make sense. And it was with a bit of embarrassment that Noelle realized - yes, she'd been conned out of a good 500 poke. She'd...keep that one to herself. It was a learning process still - a lot of people in Hoenn weren't...good? Way different than back at home in Blackthorn. Then again, when dragons roamed so freely about, only a mad man would act out of character.

"Disturbance? Me? Well that's...mean,"
there was still a friendly smile on her lips as she let out a small giggle. "that explains a loootttt though. Oh - I'm Noelle Bellemoore by the way - ah, you're a ranger? A real one?...Mmh, you're totally pulling my leg, aren't you? Where's your badge?" She began to babble on and on, completely disregarding the situation once more. "Haunted though? You sure you've got the right room? I've been here for some hours now and nothing's-"

Until the lights abruptly went off.

Huh.

That couldn't be right. There was no way this place was haunted. There was no way she'd been staying in a haunted room by herself for nearly half a day.

"That happens too sometimes. Just give it a minute!"
Peppy as always, she clapsed her hands together with a smile. One minute passed. "Two minutes."

It was followed by several more minutes of utter darkness. Really, it was as dark as a the inside of a magikarp's head.

"...I want to add that none of this started happening until you showed up." Arms crossing over her chest, she looked slightly embarrassed, if not mildly terrified. Who would've thought the girl that raised dragons was afraid of ghosts?

@berke // she's a hot MESS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 17:57:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","berk"]
Bronn sort of wanted to bite her, but he had that reaction when things annoyed him. He couldn't count the amount of times he'd bitten Berke when they first escaped--

Berkeley shook his head at Noelle as she gave a few entertaining moments. But mostly, it was the fact that for once, he wasn't the one rambling on pointlessly. Bronn's irritation was nearly pliable, so he decided to get to the point.

"Bronn?" No hesitation came from the Umbreon, who immediately used the Moonlight stored in his rings to illuminate the room around the two trainers. Berkeley made his way over, raising up his badge for the girl to see.

"More importantly, let's figure out these lights, hm?" Berkeley suggested, right about the time another of those evil giggles moved through the room. He kind of felt a chill up his spine, but it didn't come in full flex until the windows burst open and that giggle got much louder.

Instinct or reflexes kicked in and Berkeley was tossing out his Espeon's pokéball, Bronn standing at attention and beginning to growl toward the window. Espeon simply stood, tensed, but not showing much aggression. Instead, her gem started to glow, preparing for whatever would lie ahead of them with a Future Sight.

"Do you have any Pokémon, or are you a useless citizen?" Berkeley's tone wasn't mean, not even remotely rude. Matter of fact, it was like he didn't realize what he was saying might have been taken as an insult.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 4:17:10 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
The moment the windows were torn open at that giggling grew louder, the female jumped, wincing slightly as her eyes widened in slight alarm. This...felt like a scene out of a really bad movie...but god, did she wish it wasn't real. At the very least, she had an actual ranger by her side to help out...but even still...this wasn't her definition of 'fun'. Thankfully, her distress was well hidden as she shook her head. She was a priestess of the hundred devouring clan; an heiress to one of the main branches. She dealt with 'spirits' all the time, even if they were seldom malicious. This was nothing!

Steeling her will, she turned to the pale-haired male as he spoke, a confused look briefly coming to her face before a soft laugh spilled out afterwards. "Useless citizen? Me? Aha!" Her voice feigned offense, the smile on her lips telling that she were merely teasing. "You're looking at an authentic dragon tamer." There was the slightest tinge of arrogance in her tone...she couldn't help it. She was proud, extremely so, of her heritage and the talents of the many clans. With a tap of a pokeball that rested on her hip, a bright light flashed as a serpentine creature was revealed.

As much as Noelle wanted to release Argos, the room was too small for the larger-than-the-norm blastoise...and her deino was far too unreliable around strangers....or, honestly, in most cases. Odessa had to curl her lengthy body into herself a bit, but, she was fine. Not to mention, the beautifully blue-hued orb that rested on the dragonair's neck let out a faint glow, helping to illuminate the room.

"Hey, hey!"
Noelle suddenly called out to Berkeley to gain his attention. "What's the story behind this haunting anyway?" It...probably wasn't the best time to ask for a story, but she couldn't exactly help if she didn't have a clue of what type of 'ghosts' they were dealing with.

@berke // sorry if this one was a wee bit lackluster!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 16:57:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","berk"]
"Lovers on their honeymoon overdosed and haunt the room? That's what they told me, anyway. Sounds like a child that's giggling though, so, who knows the real story." Berkeley shrugged his shoulders.

Bronn moved in front of Espeon, keeping her protected while she used a Psychic to pulse out energy. If there were illusions, that would disperse them. If there was a ghost type Pokémon, that would reveal it... hopefully piss it off enough to have it revealed anyway.

"Although..." Berkeley moved closer to the window, closer to his eeveelutions, cupping his hands over his mouth. "Yoo-hoo! Haunting giggle?? Do you think you could tell us what would help us put you to rest??? I'm sure that's not too much to ask!! Our souls are probably super bitter tasting anyway-- I know mine would be! And a dragon tamer? Talk about yuck! So let's have a conversation instead of eating souls, hmm??"

Sorry, Berkeley's an idiot.

@berke

[newclass=.berk] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.berk b]color:#4D72A0;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.berk i]color:#4D72A0;[/newclass][newclass=.berk a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 21:39:51 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Something about that story really tugged at the pinkette's heartstrings. Maybe because she was 'engaged' herself, but, dying on your honeymoon? What if the same thing happened to her and Mateo? It was enough to make her body grow rigid, and her eyes a bit teary. Most other's would've felt a bit spooked by the ominous story, or perhaps even laughed at its triviality. But Noelle? She was on the verge of having a breakdown at the thought. "That's...horrible," she soon managed to gasp out, sniffling slightly. "At least they're together after death though? That's a bit romantic." She soon mused aloud after really thinking about it. Yes, love so strong that it transcended after death and kept two fallen lovers together...That would definitely be her and Mateo.

A bit starry eyed at the thought, she didn't pay attention much afterwards until the whole 'Dragon Tamer' bit. The girl perked up, staring at him with a slight glare. "Huh?! My soul probably tastes sweeter than a Pecha Berry!" She argued, crossing her arms. Noelle...was also an idiot too.

Unfortunately, or maybe thankfully, there seemed to be no ghost revealing itself. Had it not bought their story? Well...if talking to it wouldn't work, then, maybe utterly pissing it off would?

Without a single word to her partner, Noelle suddenly hugged him. Her face was...really close to his. Really close, as she nestled up against him. "This room would be a pretty great time for me to confess my undying love for you, I think. I'm truly, honestly in love with you, Berkeley. You look so...manly. And...you have a nice face and...yes. I love you." While her gestures were convincing, her acting left quite a bit to be desired. Hopefully, he'd catch onto just what she was trying to do, as she pushed her face near his own.

'...Arceus, forgive me, Mateo. My heart only beats for you, my love!'

@berke
sorry for the wait! </3
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 2:21:29 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A sUpEr SpOoKy EvEnT pOsT!

[attr="class","ipad"]
OOGA BOOGA GET OUT OF MY MOD REQS
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]

Absol, the Disaster Pokémon. Absol live in steep mountainous regions, and rarely venture down into areas inhabited by humans, but should an Absol be seen by humans, it is said that catastrophe is soon to follow. [break][break][break]

Well, you fucked up kid. Noelle stares straight into the abyss and the abyss lEeRs back. The way the pokemon hisses out of sPiTe warns her that the worst has yet to come. Berke is so scared the color drains from his face along with the rest of his body. It's not like he's naturally pale or anything. That would make too much sense. [break][break][break]

The way that the Absol approaches the two of them is a warning to never make that mistake again, whatever it may be. Some mistakes are best kept in secret, bottled up and tight-lipped. Something tell Noelle that this encounter is more than it seems. Whatever actions she takes... it won't age well.[break][break][break]

Unless...[break][break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES[break]
feel free to control the absol on your own. should one of you choose to catch the absol, add that to your mod request when you submit the mission! [break][break]
@berke &

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 19:08:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","berk"]
Berke supposed there was something romantic in a story like that, but he knew very little of romance and never gave it much more thought than fairytale books he’d read when he was a child— so…

The look in Noelle’s eyes terrified him and then suddenly they were very close. Berke wasn’t confused about the emotions being shown, those had gone way over his head and he didn’t even bother trying to figure them out.

No, what he was confused about, was the fact that she mentioned loving him. They’d only just met— oh, then it dawned on him. She was trying to provoke whatever evil spirit was there. Bam, then it happened.

Berkeley looked, still having Noelle wrapped around him, and then moved a hand to pat the top of Noelle’s head. ”Great job, but isn’t he terrifying??” Too bad his tone held excitement.

”Sorry to interrupt you—“ the Leer and Spite had some effect, but none that Berkeley was going to acknowledge for the time being. Instead, he waved a hand at Bronn.

”Confuse ray.” The Umbreon did as he was commanded, keeping his trainer safe from the Absol.

Said trainer looked at Noelle with a quizzical brow lifted. ”Do you have Pokémon, or are you useless?”

[newclass=.berk] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.berk b]color:#4D72A0;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.berk i]color:#4D72A0;[/newclass][newclass=.berk a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2019 1:15:04 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
Arceus - why was he so stiff? Even Mateo, whilst trying to escape from her clutches, hugged her back better than this. Her lips pursed slightly, if just to chide him about, 'how to be a better lover'. Although, always one for small things, the small little pat on the head sufficed.

Sorta.

'I-Imagine Mateo patting me on the head like this...e-eek!' Head filled with over-the-top, lovey-dovey thoughts about the man, Noelle, once again, completely forgot about their situation. From nothing but the darkness itself, glowering eyes appeared, followed by a bone-chilling hiss that blended horrifyingly in to the suddenly howling wind. For a moment, a rushing feeling of terror made its way down the girl - enough to get her to actually cling onto Berke in slight fear, if just for a moment. Until Berke ruined the terrifying experience with his excitement.

Blinking slightly and staring up at him, her brow crinkled slightly, lips parting to likely comment...until the word 'useless' left his mouth. Twitching slightly, she stomped a foot on the ground in an animated expression. "Of course, geez! I told you - Dragon. Tamer. Dragon. Tamer." She enunciated the words in a form of exasperation. Her dragonair, who'd remained dormant until the trainer called for her, reared her head, seemingly appearing from the darkness. Slender head leaning over Noelle's shoulder to stare down Berkely, she didn't exactly protest to the notion of calling her trainer 'useless'.

"Aren't...you gonna, y'know, defend me, Odessa?" She asked her pokemon with a slow blink. A small, almost hum-like noise came from the serpentine dragon's mouth....Nothing more. Noelle twitched once more, feigning a dramatized look of hurt. "Can you at least help with the absol?" She sniffled. Tail cloaked in a mystical green aura that stitched reptile-esque scales onto it, the lengthy appendage slammed into the absol, sending it packing.

"See. Not useless."
Yes, she had taken offense to that. "If just a bit of hugging and stuff got the ghost all stirred up..." Noelle paused for a moment, humming before perking upwards, "what if you kiss me?" She suggested the idea so...casually. Her lips even pursed as she leaned forward a bit from where she held onto him. "Just...a little peck - nothing more than that, or I'll deem you forever as a pervert and homewrecker!"

@berke
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 12:33:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","berk"]
The animated stomp had Berkeley flinching away from the girl before wincing a bit in mild terror. Apparently she had offended her? He hadn't meant to... sometimes his words tended to catch people off guard like that. He'd chalk it up to her being sensitive.

"My apologies, miss, I hadn't realized you were so soft." Then he blinked. "Erm.... sensitive, I mean." Though with their soft proximity he could definitely testify that she was, in fact, very soft.

The Dragonair had Berkeley smiling since she was a gorgeous creature and he fancied the breed. His eyes followed the Aqua Tail attack, then his eyes fell to his Umbreon - Bronn - who followed up with a Pursuit, attacking the Absol once more before watching the Absol hurt itself in confusion. Speaking of confusion...

Was he being puckered at? "Wow, what's this now?" Berkeley nearly laughed. "I don't know about all of that. Why do we need to enrage it more? It seems like we're dealing with the Absol nicely enough... that was the cause of the haunting, wasn't it? The Absol? Right?"

Now he was questioning everything.

close tab

played by

Silvy

Dragon Princess
she/her
Blackthorn City
Heterosexual
Priestess
Cadet
Lucas Lane
You rock my world
150 height
150 height
awards
396 posts
Noelle Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noelle
Noelle Lane
i've seen this movie,
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2019 7:36:03 GMT
Noelle Lane Avatar
"Sensitive? I'm not - hey, no, you're sensitive. And soft!" Noelle argued back with a small huff, arms crossing over her chest and brows knitting. Yeah, that'd give him a little taste of his own medicine, that'd show him! Her dragonair gave her a slight look of disdain to a little roll of her eyes, but, otherwise stayed on guard.

Honestly, after being rejected so many times by Mateo in ways that were sometimes more creative, or violent, than one would think, his confusion to her advances, despite their good intent, didn't hurt nor surprise her. In fact, jarringly enough, she stopped her steady inch forward in favor of just an , 'oh'. "You think that's it? Just an absol? Kinda lackluster. I was hoping for something like a...like a darkrai to pop out. Does Hoenn have one of those?" She idly chattered about the ghost with a wide smile.

"Well...if we're possibly done here, do...you mind leaving? I paid good money for this room, after all. And if it's not haunted anymore, than, great!"

@berke // she's such an idiot lmao. also i left it open for continuing if you wanted to get a ghost or something spawned, or ending it here, depending on what you wanna do! <3