peer pressure [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 20:25:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
'Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into?'

Nervousness swims in her thoughts, voicing themselves as bizarre situations and concerns that absolutely, probably shouldn't happen.

Freya Morningstar, the councilwoman of the League, had shown up on her doorstep wielding not only an egg similar to her own, but a request. Instead of politely telling her that normally when people asked her to look after their Pokemon or unhatched eggs, it was over the span of a few hours or days, and that she usually remained at the daycare while it was happening.

Not rush out with her as a temporary sidekick to fight crime while carrying two eggs on her front and back.

Maybe she should have actually spoken up for once. Normally she did! Normally Avery Collins was a chatterbox of stuff to say, usually unimportant things, but things nonetheless.

The last thing she remembered saying was: "Oh, of course, that works too!" which ultimately wasn't the wisest thing, because now she was following a complete stranger, yes, Freya was technically a stranger, down into the Seafloor caverns on a risky mission to protect a bunch of greedy people from harm. Something about hunting for mega stones.

Avery, likely windswept and anxious due to the circumstances of their arrival (likely they flew), would continue to straddle two eggs in harnesses to the front and back of her. Her small Magby was walking not too far away, using his flame body once in a while when she'd pass him an egg to carry.

"So.. uhh.. do you normally bring the babysitter with you on dangerous missions?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 22:20:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she feels as though she's devolving, losing her grasp on what's real and unreal. everyone deals with trauma differently. freya does so with lack of sleep, fighting the images that plague her so vividly at night. sypha hasn't been the same since it either. it's part of the reason why the dragon isn't there to accompany her on this mission. 

she had already agreed to it when she received the egg and, not knowing what was inside of it (because it surely didn't seem like a dragon egg), she didn't want to leave it with any of the den mothers back at the estate. but she also has no idea how to care for an egg on her own. which is what brings her to avery collins' doorstep. 

reputable league member and sweet as can be. she doesn't even think of leaving the egg, not while she's explaining what she wants from the woman, or as the girl gives her an odd look and immediately agrees. had she pointed out the flaw in her plan, perhaps things would have gone differently, but it's only when they're a few miles below sea level that she deigns to speak up about it. 

freya blinks, rubs her eyes. "no," she says, "i usually don't have a need for babysitters in general." she shakes her head. the group of miners move ahead of them, heavy duffel bags with tools clinking as they walk. "this was somewhat thrust upon me. and your own?"

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 17:27:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery put on her non-slip shoes today, preparing for the worst. She absolutely did not want to fall while carrying these two eggs. Each step she took while following Freya was carefully placed, and she was mindful of where her hands could go should she trip or slip.

In the brief moment after speaking to Freya, and the woman's response, Avery carefully swaps eggs, handing her own off to Magby. She supposed that she should be responsible for Freya's egg, rather than a very small Pokemon.

"Oh, I see, alright."

Avery's response to Freya not needing a babysitter is awkward and rushed. Though she does think back to her customer records, and had never noticed a Morningstar in the list.

She looks past the councilwoman to the miners as they shuffle along. Magby remains close to Avery's heel, arms wrapped around the egg that's strapped into his own harness. Of course Avery would come prepared, Magby was her egg-hatching partner. She had once carried him on her chest in just the same way.

"Uhh, yes. Same here, actually. I think grandpa told me some stranger had come by and dropped the egg off rather abruptly. No word the wise of what was in it or who they were. But that's alright, baby Pokemon are my speciality."

The warm smile across her face is genuine.

"It's better that the egg is with me now, anyway. I'm sure whoever it belonged to had their reasons, so I have no hard feelings. It's better than being dumped on a beach to fend for itself."

She would then gaze down at the egg in her arms lovingly, a brief thought crossing her mind on what it might be.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 16:45:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she hadn't meant to say it so dismissively, but by avery's reaction, she had. she instantly regrets how unpolished her words still are, though stays quiet, ears straining for any sounds of trouble. the miners ahead keep walking. 

they pass by small dig sites. chunks of the rock face have been hollowed out, the rubble left strewn about in piles. she wonders, briefly, if this mad rush for mega stones has resulted in the loss of habitat for the local ecosystem. but water drips from the cavern ceiling and she can hear the skittering of invisible creatures around her. 

i can't imagine we've made much of an impact. 

her own musings are cut short when she realizes they've caught up to the mining group. a couple of them are looking down at a small pool of water. something shiny glints at the bottom of it. 

"you remind me of someone i respect," freya says as she peers into the water. she thinks back to the tender care has for her own baby pokemon and how, despite her ridiculous amount of responsibilities, she'd dropped everything to save her ekans. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 14:42:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's taking everything in her to not break the awkward silence. Fortunately, the severity of the situation they were in, and the constant drip of water nearby was startling enough to her that she was finding it hard to even focus on words.

Instead, she manages to focus on looking around her at all of the attempts at digging. There's hollowed-out rocks, pebbles strewn all over the path, leftover or broken tools that had been left behind. That of which honestly infuriated her.

She's so preoccupied with her investigation that she nearly bumps into Freya from behind. She breathes out a gasp before shuffling her feet and making sure to give the councilwoman some space. Magby trots on beside Avery, wide-eyed and excited to be with people.

Like the miners, entranced by something sparkly in the water, Avery also leans around to take a quick peek. It's only when Freya finally speaks to her again does she smile timidly and accept her statement.

"Well I'd hope I didn't remind you of someone super annoying. I've been told I am a little 'too much' sometimes."

After a few moments of silence, Avery's impatience or nervousness seems to burst. She can't stand walking around not speaking about anything.

"Sooo.. this is pretty cool, right? I don't normally get to go on adventures, so this is super exciting for me. What's that shiny thing in the pool over there? Is that what these guys have been looking for?"

She takes a breath only to side-step around Freya to peer over the pool.

"It looks expensive I think. I wouldn't know, I guess. Do you do these sorts of things often? Act as a bodyguard or protector for us regular folk? That's so awe-inspiring, honestly. I feel honored to be hanging out with you today, Miss Morningstar."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 20:57:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
cradily

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - suction cups[break]
acid / ingrain / ancient power / stockpile / spit up / constrict

ITS EYES GLINT with hunger. those eggs look delicious: a rare delicacy down in the caverns of hoenn's old seas. when they come close, too close, the cradily launches its pink tentacles to ensnare the eggs.[break][break]

what will you do?

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 1:15:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]moxie uncoils from around freya's neck and the woman assumes that it's merely because of avery's jabbering. she only half-listens to her speak, too busy looking into the water and watching the other mines toss out a couple of pokemon to fetch whatever it is at the bottom of the pool.

but then moxie hisses and that split second of warning gives freya enough time to stumble back, nails digging into avery's arm to pull her with her. 

she rips a ball from her circlet simultaneously and a blue dragon appears in the water. he takes a moment to assess the danger and then dives in front of the attacking pokemon, tail twisting around its fleshy tentacles to pull them away from the women. 

"get your magby away from the water's edge. we don't want it dragging it under," freya orders. 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 18:35:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery visibly startles as she suddenly notices the Ekans coiled around Freya's neck. She at first opens her mouth to warn the girl, for fear that the Ekans had come out of nowhere and was trying to kill her. Fortunately, she squashes that ridiculous thought - of course Freya knew it was there.

She does, however, squeal in surprise at the Pokemon's hiss. It appears as though the snake is threatened by her, and Avery takes a step away, unsure how to react or make the situation better. But in the same instant she steps back, she is yanked forward with ferocity. Freya's fingers and nails dig into her soft skin, jerking her forward and behind the councilwoman.

"Ouch! What the-"

Avery holds her yanked arm and looks over her shoulder before her eyes grow wide in horror. She's now seen what the Ekans had been warning Freya about. She stifles her squeal of surprise or fear or both, barely registering what Freya ordered her to do.

Magby has already taken the hint, however, jumping about a foot in the air at all of the hissing and spitting and commotion that's just gone on. He's shuffled his weight to stand behind Avery, hopefully out of reach of the wild Cradilly.

Freya had released an immense dragon, the beast using its strength to keep the wild Pokemon at bay.

"Magby, are you okay?"

She ushers the baby Pokemon further behind her, and her arms remain wrapped around the eggs. No way in hell she's letting anything happen to them.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:18:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she looks down to see that the magby is safe behind avery. away from the water's edge, with the sound of sen and the pokemon thrashing in the water, freya takes a moment to look avery over. after her assessment, she nods, apologizes for the sudden grab, and gently takes her hands off of her. 

then she turns and strides to the edge to bear witness to her kingdra constricted in the cradily's grasp. she narrows her eyes at the ring of miners around her. "have you no courage?" she scolds and drops another pokeball from her belt.

lerye's form almost takes up the entire surface of the pool. freya had anticipated the cradily's surprise at the newcomer, but the ancient pokemon's reaction is to hold sena tighter. 

he whinnies, snout bursting with a powerful hydro pump right into the cradily's face. the pokemon reels; two tentacles dislodge and give just enough space between the two of them to allow lerye to attack. she slams a glowing purple tail down between the two of them, dislodging the creature and stunning it for good measure. 

freya peers into the water. the cradily sinks and sena points with his tail towards a couple of algae growths near the floor of the pool. her eyes soften. 

"we'll be finding another part of the cave to mine, people. this pool houses that family of cradily. lerye, sena, return." they disappear in two flashes of red light and freya goes to turn, but one of the miners steps forward. 

"but ya already stunned the damn thing. let's just take what's down there an' then leave 'em alone, yeah?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 0:25:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery smiles timidly at the woman while she's given a once-over and eventually set free of the iron grasp. Red marks remain on her skin for only a moment before they disappear.

She even flinches a bit at her tone when she turns on the miners, although the stupid men deserved it. They sat idly by, waiting for them to deal with the threat. One even turned to the other and posed the question 'well isn't it their job to protect us?' before several more laughed like it was funny.

Freya's Kingdra has been constricted and held back by force, encouraging the woman to release another Pokemon to help defend.

Water sprays on the surface, getting Avery a little bit wet. Thankfully Magby is just out of reach, cowering between his trainers legs.

After what feels like an eternity, the water still and the Cradily disappears and the cave resumes it's silence once again.

Avery nods solemnly in response to Freya's suggestion, though she isn't at a position to dare argue.

"We're not here to disturb the wild Pokemon here. Personally, I think it's foolish to even be down here disturbing their habitat. They're only defending their territory."

She pales as she says this, realising she's probably overstepped and said too much. In fact, the miner that stepped forward in the first place insisting they search the pool now that the threat was gone is likely to turn on Avery.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 2:14:35 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her eyes burn. "yes, we're here to protect you, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to fend for yourselves." she bites her tongue before she can say anything more scathing and assumes that the issue is done, over and dropped. 

she is, after all, the muscle of this whole team. but evidently she overestimates her worth when the same man turns to avery and says, 'and whaddya you know, lady? why don't you just leave it to us and keep lookin' pretty?'

she is inconsolable. it happens in an instant. she's standing protectively beside avery and her magby one moment, and has him thrust up against the rocks by the collar of his neck the next. moxie has slithered out from under her shirt and wavers over her shoulder, tongue flicking, low hiss of warning the only sound as a hush falls over the rest of the group. 

her intimidate works well on him, especially given the fact that one of her eyes is missing, puckered scar tissue garish. he quivers. blubbers his apologies to freya. she presses her arm harder against his neck. 

"you'll apologize to her, and you'll mean it."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 14:22:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The way Freya's face contorts into anger, the way she spits her word as if they were literally banners of flame, it makes Avery nervous and it causes her to tuck her chin. She may not be angry with her, but Avery can feel the burn of her irritation.

There's a pause between Freya's remark and the man's harsh words toward herself. Avery gasps, unsure how to defend herself because, in a way, he had been right. What did she know? She wasn't an adventurer or a miner or anything of the sort. She had no idea what people typically did.

She opens her mouth to apologize but is quickly interrupted. Her heart soars into her throat as she watches Freya launch herself at the man. Her hand is pressed to his throat, holding against the rock wall by the collar of his shirt. He's gasping for breath, bewildered by the woman's sudden rage.

Avery catches another glimpse of the Ekans, and only now notices it has a missing eye. It looks angry, just as angry as it's trainer.

"Freya, it's okay.."

She tries to interject, to calm the woman's temper. It doesn't work, because Freya merely orders the man to apologize to her. He coughs and gags on her added pressure, and the stream of apologies that had been pointed towards the Councilwoman was now pouring to Avery.

"I'm sorry miss, I really am. Please though, get this woman off of me."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 15:09:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]moxie opens her mouth. fangs uncurl from the roof of her mouth, pointed and dripping with toxins. she's fairly certain the man pisses himself. still think women are your playthings?

"it's not okay," she says, this time her words directed at avery. "don't you ever tell a man that behavior like that is okay." 

she drops him nonetheless and he scrambles away. a couple of his 'friends' give him a wide berth, looking away as he seeks some sort of comfort, a kindred isn't this bitch crazy? satisfaction from their responses is what finally calms her. 

she takes her place beside avery. "don't let anyone--especially someone like him--tell you that you aren't strong." she starts walking then, calling over her shoulder only to say, "we're leaving this place. when a proper environmental impact report has been done about the mining done in this area, only then will we return."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 21:45:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery's eyes are wide with horror, and when Freya eventually lets the man go and turns her attention to herself, Avery suddenly feels like a child being reprimanded for leaving the milk out.

"Okay, Miss Morningstar. I promise, it won't happen again."

The man scrambles away to find comfort in his ragtag group of dickhead friends, and Avery wrings her wrists between her hands uncomfortably. She glances at Freya as the woman approaches her again, unable to look her in the eye.

Instead, she simply follows the woman out of the mining dome, heeding her intelligent orders to come back when there had been a report done.

Magby also remains quiet and timid, clutching Avery's egg in his arms. It does, however, appear to grow restless and warm, much to both his and Avery's surprise.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
peer pressure [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 23:22:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy,[break] 1 free evolutionary stone evo (redeem in site shop).