lifeline [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lifeline [c]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 23:19:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","eliaspost"]oh, dear. oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear.

the plant's leaves wilt, curling in on themselves. one of them snaps off as he pinches his fingers gently to inspect it. he bubbles out a nervous laugh and stumbles back, looking at ambrosia for some semblance of comfort. but the bat is on its back, sunning itself on one of councilwoman morningstar's patio chairs. 

he doesn't quite know the depth of the politics as to why he's here. freya exchanges a few words with him every now and then, mostly to check up on the plants and ask how his training is going with the abbiati woman. he's no fool. he knows they're both playing him like a chess piece, and that he's only on the estate in the first place because freya thinks he's a vapid and insubordinate chatterbox. she's not wrong. 

but he doesn't tell her everything, namely because he happens to like the abbiati woman. mostly because of her fashion sense. and her flair for the dramatic. 

but now, now he's in real shit, because freya expressed to him how important her garden was, and how she needed to 'get back into the world' and oh, gods, how could he have possibly killed her plants? 

his gloom is still planted in one of the mounds of dirt. someone in passing told him that he could help the plants grow. but something's not wrong and he has no clue what and there's no godsdamned way freya can ever find out.

so one hour and several anxiety attacks later, he's sitting on her front stoop, anxiously awaiting the person who'd responded to his craigslist ad. 

[newclass=.eliaspost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eliaspost i]color:#D4AF37;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eliaspost b]color:#D4AF37;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
lifeline [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 6:14:38 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah doesn't use his phone too much. it's a distraction. a nuisance when he's busy handling herbs and earth like they are his children. he's a full-time daycare worker. people don't know. they just can't hear the needy wails of his saplings.

however, he happens to browse his phone on slower days, searching for jobs to make a little more money during periods where rocket doesn't require his seedy services. it amuses him. this particular ad reads like a distress call.

sure. he'll take it. desperation renders the wallet loose.

and so elias' saviour arrives with his florges in tow. elijah's hat keeps the sun away from his eyes and softens his sharp gaze with the brim's shadow. there's no rush in his gait. it's slow. lazy. almost apathetic.

"hi. you're elias?" elijah asks as his florges forms a secretarial stance. "before we begin... remind me. how much poke were you offering again?"

his eyes linger curiously on their freckles.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lifeline [c]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 17:42:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","eliaspost"]he wrings his hands together nervously. oversized sunhat flops over his forehead. blouse, two buttons precariously undone and exposing a sliver of his chest, ruffles as he twitches nervously. he's shaken from his nervous stupor when he hears footsteps on the grassy lawn. the fact that she has no walkway leading up to the cottage is something he'd very decidedly disliked upon his first visit. 

now he's almost grateful for the overgrown lawn. he stands, opens his mouth to speak, but this stranger demands attention. in a blase, careless sort of way. his mouth hangs open like a carp and then shuts close. 

he eyes the florges behind the man and then breathes, adjusts himself. 

you're elias fuckin' orion. get it together. 

especially in front of such an adorable man. surely he put the ad up on craigslist and not hothoenns1ngles. he very well could have made that mix-up. he hadn't exactly been in the right state of mind when he'd posted it. 

he shakes his head, scatters his thoughts, and then bursts out laughing. he grabs his purse and digs inside of it, comes out clutching a fistfull of money, no less than three hundred poke. "gods, please. i'll pay you whatever you want. just help me.

he shoves the wad of cash in the man's palm and then reaches for his wrist, aiming to drag him back towards the ruined garden. 

[newclass=.eliaspost b]color:#D4AF37;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
lifeline [c]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 3:10:43 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah deleted his hothoenns1ngles app a long time ago. he finds nothing pleasurable in the oggling of performed profiles. nothing organic in the way he taps against a glass screen to express interest- or desire.

after all, nothing compares to the sensation of one's hands surfing through warm worm-rich soil. it's like flesh. but elijah refrains from verbally announcing the analogy lest he be framed as a necromantic garden creep.

"hey, hey. watch it." elijah says after taking- no, shouldering the stack. nevertheless, he allows himself to be dragged, his florges following close behind. the money was good- even though it was accompanied by a frenzied laugh.

"is this your first garden?" elijah asks, peering ahead at the impressive plot. "looks like you bit off more than you could chew. do ya normally do that? get in over your head? you look and act the type."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lifeline [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 16:51:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","eliaspost"]elias takes to standing in the shade provided by freya's looming cottage while his craigslist savior takes a look at the garden. at the man's proclamation, elias snorts, though decisively toes the pokemon training manual he'd been reading earlier underneath one of the porch chairs. 

"first of all, it's not my garden. i'm just the babysitter. so you can imagine my stress because it belongs to freya godsdamn morningstar." 

he traipses forward and points desperately at some of the wilting leaves. one of them falls as though to prove his point. 

"and i can handle myself quite fine, thank you very much. don't you know who i am?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
lifeline [c]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 3:44:00 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

within the confines of a councilmember's garden, elijah nonchalance becomes even more pronounced. not that elias would know, but the man relaxes. the urgency leaves him.

he has no interest in aiding a government official even by proxy- but then again, elias' frantic state of mind tugs so incessantly upon his biases. just a little.

and as the leaf falls tragically, like a murdered love interest cascading downward in slow-motion, elijah expels a sigh of sheer resignation.

"no." elijah says, crouching down to inspect the crestfallen plants. "who are you?" his florges shakes her head, as if disappointed at elijah's ignorance, for even she recognizes the model.

"all i know is that you're killing this garden."