twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
paholainen [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 3:14:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
yet another familiar face has found his way to the table. thomas benoit is an interesting man with an equally interesting background. from interpol agent to gym leader, his story is one that is far from over. 

alexander walks down the lonely footpath through the forests, his mind wandering but never once does it land on the actual gym battle that is about to occur. he thinks about the past, the present, and the future because he has to stay three steps ahead of everyone else. no matter the cost.

the footpath breaks open into a large open space fit for a grand battle. it's interesting how he's never noticed how the forest that surrounds verdanturf leads to this space. perhaps it is new. it is a thought as easily discarded as it came.

"it is nice to see you, mister benoit. i see you have been busy. congratulations on the appointment."

his words are genuine as is the soft smile on his face. behind him are his two choices for the battle: florges and aromatisse, who seem to be cautiously eyeing their surroundings.

"i assume the transition has been well?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
paholainen [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 2:54:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the Champion himself, Alexander Stone, stepped into the area, Thomas was already there to greet him. "Thank you, Champion Stone. It's an honor to be graced with your presence. But to be honest, the one who deserves to be congratulated is you.", Thomas would tell him, a genuine smile of friendliness on his face. "Of course, thank you. How has your own transition been going?", Thomas would inquire.

Thomas would spot the two Pokemon behind him, both of them Fairy-types that were most closely associated with his homeland of Kalos. "I take it you're here for a battle? And if I'd have to take a guess, you wish to make it a Double Battle, correct?", Thomas would ask the Champion.

Once he had his answer, Thomas would beckon the Champion to follow him towards the arena. The inside of the arena was what one would expect of an official venue for Pokemon battles, albeit more than spacious enough to contain a Wailord comfortably, with stone walls high enough to contain any Fire-type attack, preventing them from spilling out into the forest outside of the area. "Whenever you're ready, go ahead and take position at the edge of the arena.", Thomas told him.

While Alexander was doing that, Thomas walked over to a chest containing different Pokeballs. From within the chest, Thomas briefly glanced over the different Pokeballs contained within, Thomas carefully selected four Pokeballs from within. Thomas would close the chest, walking over to his side of the arena.

Thomas would send out two of the four Pokemon he selected from the chest. A blue Bisharp would take position at the arena, getting into a combat stance. On the opposite side was a Greninja, who performed a three point landing upon being unleashed from his Pokeball. "You may make the first move!", Thomas called out to the Champion, inviting him to start the battle proper.

tags:
notes: Let the fun begin!

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
paholainen [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 3:53:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"busy," the champion laughs, reflecting the same friendliness shown to him. "but thank you. i appreciate the sentiment." 

at thomas' question, he nods. he is guided towards the arena and he takes a moment to really take in his surroundings. he considers everything: the size, the environment, and plans ahead for the battle that is about to unfold. he is definitely impressed, but he holds his words for now as he takes up his side of the battlefield.

florges and aromatisse hover forward, both ready for battle. an odd-looking bisharp and a greninja take up the other end. interesting choices that would make for a fun battle, no doubt.

alexander considers his options for a moment.

"defense. one-one." 

aromatisse plays the role of the shield. she sets up their defenses with REFLECT but her CALM MIND is what prepares her for the battle.

florges goes on the offense but stays exactly where she is. from out underneath the ground a sudden GRASS KNOT looks to wrap around greninja's leg, locking it in place for the MOONBLAST that shines down from high above.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
paholainen [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 3:26:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I can only imagine.", Thomas told him. "But then, the Region is in good hands.", Thomas would tell him.

Thomas watches as the Aromatisse forms a protective screen, acting as a buffer to any sort of physical attacks that could prove harmful to his team. As Hotsuma's leg was ensnared by the Grass Knot, the Greninja would let out a shocked croak, struggling against the grass binding as the Moonblast loomed above him. Bishop would be quick to come to his teammate's aid, leaping in front of the restrained frog, and taking the hit for himself. Thanks to his steely body, he was far better able to take the attack than his teammate would. The Moonblast would manage to lower the Bisharp's Special Attack, not that it was much of a problem. If anything, this worked to Bishop's benefit, his Defiant nature shining through as he looked on at the pair of fairies, fire burning in his eyes.

At this point, the Greninja would spit up an orb from his mouth, his tongue lobbing what was a smoke bomb through the area, quickly coating the area in a thick smokescreen. As the cover of smoke rolled over the area, Bishop would cut his compatriot free of the Grass Knot restricting his leg, before the two fanned out. On one end, Hotsuma would fire a barrage of Water Shuriken at the Florges from the cover of smoke, quickly going back on the move after firing off the Water Shurikens.

Meanwhile, from the flank, Bisharp would charge out from the Smokescreen, intentent on slamming into the Aromatisse's side with an Iron Head, folding into a bladed bullet-like form as he leaped out from the smoke. The Reflect would water down the damage of the attack, this both Bishop and Thomas knew.

tags:
notes: -Greninja ensnared by Grass Knot
-Bisharp takes Moonblast. Moonblast debuffs Bisharp's Special Attack by one stage. Defiant activates, Bisharp's attack increase by one stage.
-Greninja lays down a Smokescreen
-Greninja fires off Water Shuriken at Florges from the cover of Smokescreen
-Bisharp attempts to flank around, and hit Aromatisse with Iron Head

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
paholainen [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 16:44:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the SMOKESCREEN that clouds the middle of the battlefield works both for and against the gym leader. it provides much needed cover but it also makes his next attacks predictable. the champion doesn't even have to instruct his pokemon for them to understand the situation. they know a retaliation is coming.

WATER SHURIKENS suddenly burst out of the smoke towards florges. she maneuvers the best she can to avoid some but the majority still smack sharp into her, damaging. she shows no signs of being hurt, however, as she quickly turns it around by summoning a powerful PETAL DANCE.

high risk, high rewards.

aromatisse knows the game plan. they've done this maneuver a few hundred times. she expects the bisharp so she easily leaps out of the way of the IRON HEAD. upon landing, she causes a surge of HEAL PULSE to ripple across the ground, healing her ally as she keeps a close eye on both enemies.

for now, one plays offense and the other plays defense.

- florges is hit by WATER SHURIKENS
- florges uses PETAL DANCE
- aromatisse dodges IRON HEAD
- aromatisse uses HEAL PULSE