6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 5:25:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the invasion on verdanturf failed, and rocket was supposed to be gone. kyle did not mind the details all too much and concentrated on the rehabilitation of his favorite town in hoenn.

carpentry was not his forte, nor was physical labor in general. a small suburban home belonging to the lopez stood away from where the majority of the destruction was held. repairs needed by the house was minimal fortunately, though he still found it troublesome to finish the repairs by himself.

a hole on the wall was the only thing significant within the damages in the structure. he hasn't checked if his place was looted yet, though he doesn't worry about it as much. he'd probably hire a carpenter or some bored teenager to fix the place once he gets a good summary of the damages.

he was surveying the damage of the house from the outside when his manectric stood up from her position. she got up on all fours immediately from lying down and turns her head to a direction.

kyle tenses, knowing that this was abnormal behavior. he eases, however, when he sees the face of the incoming visitor.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 9:25:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] renewal comes after death and with silas' blood still fresh on his hands, metaphorically, fernando's main priority was to survey what was left of verdanturf. little did he expect for kyle lopez, the league member he credits most of his victory to, to still be within the ravished city. he can't piece together the man's identity from afar but as fernando continues to stroll through the city, it becomes increasingly clear as to who it is.

"lopez?"

fernando's read his league profile and brushed up a bit about the ranger but his knowledge isn't adequate to his own self-imposed standards. he simply doesn't have enough time. not with the clean up of mossdeep and having to orchestrate the creation of the new and improved team rocket. that's why he has and now @lenora doing the dirty work for him. he'll have them describe lopez much better than a few minutes of scanning his profile could do.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 3:45:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hello, yes, that's me."

he sees the councilman. he knows he gets involved as much as possible with the happenings in the region. seeing him in verdanturf after the invasion shouldn't be any surprise. what surprises him was being recognized by him when he recalls not being acknowledged last time he was alone with him. not that it bothered him though.

kyle assumes that any infamy that earned him attention from fernando was related to his meeting with before.

"do you, uh, need something, fe-" he stops himself before fully mentioning the name, a habit he picked up from from when she refers to him in his first name instead of the surname like everyone else. "sir councilman, sir." he blanks out on a proper name to call him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 9:02:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "good to see you."

fernando studies the man and for some reason he seems familiar. much more so in person than from the stock photo used for his identification. however, the encounter between them slips his time, having shared the kitchen for several minutes before carrying on with their valentine's day.

"it's not every day a league member stands toe to toe with team rocket's boss. thank you for your service, mister lopez."

there's not much for fernando to go on. his credentials seem fine on paper. not too notable but heavy with a slew of activity and that in itself merits acknowledgement. unfortunately, fernando can only attest to so much based off the claims of others. the only opinion he trusts is his own and what better way than to meet the man himself. like the gyms, fernando's here to inspect who will potentially be one of hoenn's biggest celebrities.

"silph is fine, by the way. how are you holding up?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 16:02:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wonders how many people already knows his involvement during the invasion. he supposed there would be eye witnesses despite the lack of proper backup from the surprise assault.

"is that, uh, common knowledge by now?"

he heaves a sigh, scratching the back of his head and letting his hand go soon after. he'll give credit when it is due, though he had always been a bit harsher to himself compared to others. "i ran away though." he tells him.

silph... perhaps that was a way better and more obvious choice as he doesn't refer to the other silphs with their surnames.

"i'm fine." he jerks his head back to the house. "better if i get this done though."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 8:17:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando answers his question with a silent nod. they need someone to play the scapegoat and fernando sees no one better than hoenn's residential mutt. claiming to apprehend silas by himself paints him in a light that betrays his portrayal of being a mediocre trainer. keeping 's name anywhere on the record implicates her and leads to a messy clean up. the last thing he'll do is jeopardize the one person who gave up so much. he won't let them leave her to rot in some jail cell. not while he stands in power.

fernando doesn't answer him at first. dwelling on his mutiny won't changed what happened. confessing does even less since fernando's viewpoint matches kyle's action. this is nothing new. he was there. his grasp on the events predating his arrival fall in line with his world view. survival before all else. being able to stand toe to toe, if only for a short while, is a merit all in itself.

"what's important is that you survived. that's all i can really ask for. you did well."

fernando studies the house and wrinkles his nose at the sight. verdanturf avoided the bulk of the damage but much of the small town is still in disarray. he's thankful from the help from and has high hopes for the town's new gym leader.

"if you don't mind some assistance, we have people for that you know."

an old report from lines his desk and kyle's name is one among the many potential candidates for the league's succession project. his time is better spent towards that. people of his skill are adept at one thing and when talent is scarce, they require the talented to redouble their efforts into their greatest skill.

"actually, i wanted to talk to you about something. how capable of a trainer do you consider yourself?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 18:47:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"capable enough to stand toe-to-toe with the rocket boss," he mirrors his words in jest. a soft smile appears on his features as he finds his own joke funny.

he never really thought of him as a strong combatant. above average maybe, but not a top contender. there were others that won through sheer strength alone. he mostly wins his through gimmicks, tricks and cheese strats. he wonders if he could call those skill.

there were no words for him to appraise his current skill. it wasn't something that one could assign a number to for an easier measure. there was something else that he could use that could work, however.

"i got seven badges," he adds to his previous statement. "i'm not sure if that says anything though. some of them went easy on me, i think."

he adds a disclaimer in the form of 'i think'. he wasn't sure how attached the council was to their gym leaders. he didn't want to be the cause of them being terminated for going easy on challengers after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 9:26:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando lets out a strong exhale in a visible effort to refrain from chuckling. having his own words thrown back at him shows a certain amount of gutsiness, something he can respect. half of the action is him acting as well, another feint to appear more humane and approachable.

then kyle reveals he has seven badges and fernando's caught in genuine surprise. "seven? sometimes i feel like i can hardly get any of them to accept a challenge from myself. you must be quite the trainer, lopez." praise is layered but he tries to keep it within reason. obviously, fernando has his own intentions but laying it on too thick will do more harm than good.

"so, what do you think? about the gym leaders and their challenges?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 0:59:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it helps that i know half of them personally, i guess."

stormy and cait were friends even before they were instated as gym leaders of their respective cities. alex was a superior that he just managed to get close to over a period of time. coming in uninvited to their homes was not a difficult feat for someone who doesn't care like him.

and then he was asked the question he dreaded to answer. he likes to judge people, and he feels unsure whether he can rein himself back when doing it.

"like, individually, or in general?"

he realizes that maybe he shouldn't have worded it like that and simply feigned ignorance to the uncertainty of which one fernando meant. he tries to cover it up by answering almost immediately.

"they're all... okay, i guess? there's some of them that actually proved to be a challenge."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 0:08:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "both."

kyle's uneasiness is not something easily displayed. fernando happens upon inquiring further not because he can sense kyle's apprehension toward answering the question but because fernando prefers his answers thorough and detailed. to understand a person's thinking and point of view paints a clearer picture and knowledge is power, after all. the only difference is that there is information that is substantial and information that has no weight on the world. in a region fascinated by the latter, fernando finds the former in ample supply.

"i'd like to hear about the challenging ones and those that weren't as well."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 2:32:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wants to grumble, but he supposed he brought it upon himself when he let himself spill out unnecessary words and didn't have the right to complain. still, he cannot help sighing and motioning for his manectric to come.

on his pokemon's feet was his holster. pinned onto its side were the badges he earned, being too lazy to invest in a proper badge case. the manectric brings it over to her trainer. he needed it for visual aid since some of the names of the gym leaders escaped him.

he decides to go with a chronological order.

"this one," he points the otello badge with his index finger. "i only won cause of type advantage, i guess. battle format's also simple and straightforward, which is nice."

he points to the meadow badge, "she only used a single fairy-type in her team of six against my team consisting of at least four dark-types. she went easy on me, i guess."

"...and"

he realizes there were too much to talk about. his initial assessment of the visit was that it was simply a coincidental one and that the councilman would only be here for a moment. being asked to explain everything made it seem like the opposite.

the holster is slung to his shoulder as he makes the invitation.

"do you want to continue this inside, silph?" knowing two other silphs, calling him by that name somehow gets kyle to subconsciously shift his tone to a more friendly and lax one.

kyle hasn't been inside of the house yet. it should have been well-maintained, but after the attack, he cannot say.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 0:18:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]fernando mulls over kyle's analysis of his gym battle and takes the observation into consideration. "that would be wonderful," he answers with a gracious nod toward the gesture. fernando peers at the house, a brief smile on his face as he waits for kyle to lead him.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 4:13:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the house was dusty, mostly because no one has lived in here for months. he shoos his dogs away from the couch to make room for fernando. dust clung onto their fur at least, relieving kyle from dusting them off. he sweeps dog hair away and gestures fernando to take a seat.

he's tempted to offer coffee or tea, but then he remembers he has not stocked the pantry yet. he hopes his visitor doesn't mind the quality of hospitality he's been showing him thus far.

kyle sits on an armchair, legs apart as he finds it the most comfortable position. he starts plucking the badges out of the pokeball holster and tosses them on the dusty coffee table in front of both the couch and the armchair one by one.

"went easy on me. didn't abuse type advantages. a bit too easy. too reliant on luck. did not even finish the battle and let me win just because he liked my move. meaningless gimmick. format too simple for anything exciting to happen."

he went for a chronological order, going by the order of which he beat them: otello, meadow, heat, hailstone, greed, compassion, and then mare badge.

kyle's tone change as soon as he got too comfortable in his own home. he notices it and fixes his posture to a more proper one.

"uh, i can elaborate if you want...?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 6:55:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] abandoned. the house smells of an absent owner and fernando knows the feeling well. whereas his is from a need to bear the weight of his self imposed responsibilities, what he feels from the other is a nomadic wanderlust to go where the wind takes him. it's all conjecture but the method to the madness unravels when kyle eases up. here he feels a comfort that shows in his code switching. the adjustment to his posture does not go unnoticed. fernando's eyes narrow in on the badges, counting them one by one.

"with the way you put it, they all sound inadequate."

his smile is forced but uncomfortable, straining under a grim realization.

"or maybe you're too strong for them to entertain?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
veil [p]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2019 14:31:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i-it's not that," he disagrees reluctantly. his face contorts to a grimace. he never was the person who liked talking about himself greatly unless it was of jest. "they're just, i dunno, make mistakes that can be capitalized on easily."

alex turned the match to his favor by quickly knocking his first pokemon out. arian managed to put him on the edge despite the type advantage his pokemon had. there were other positives too, but kyle's afraid to mention them in case he cannot produce enough for every gym leader.

"they're chosen for their skill, right? no way there's any other criteria for a gym leader. yeah, they were just holding back."

he realizes that his words sound too fake and sarcastic now that he had said them. he feigns a laugh. he won't be surprised if fernando sees through it.