part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
KATHARSIS [ kanto | inv | wild | flashback | trigger ]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2018 7:25:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

.FIFTEEN YEARS AGO

daunting.

it stands before them. erect is the vanity of a summit that cannot be eclipsed. a boy not yet of ten braves the frontier. he seeks to humble it, to subdue her majesty, to actualize the impossible. this will be his journey's end, a conclusion to the odyssey of the wronged. mount silver beckons. he will not make her wait.

"leave."

his testes have yet to drop. physically, this makes him a cripple. a meager frame inhibits his temper, keeps him grounded. fernando is no icarus; he knows his limit. so he must renounce his weight, to liberate himself from the liability. it's the only way.

"we won't make it."

it's about time he confessed.

@prologue
close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
on the nights I catch you standing, are you waiting for me?
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2018 8:19:19 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar

blinding.

the mountain looms before them casting a shadow larger than any her young mind could even begin to imagine; and yet all she sees is him. his back, not yet broad but still larger and more reassuring than her own. she feels safe behind it and when he looks at her she can see the intensity his body lacks in his soul -- in the reflection of his spirit in his eyes. when he tells her to leave she clings onto his confidence as if it were her own.

"no, i won't."

a part of her knows this is the wrong call. when he speaks to her his voice is firmer than she's heard from almost anyone their age. she trusts his confidence but in this case he's confident she should leave; and while perhaps she should take it as a reason to reconsider she instead takes it like a wound to what little pride she's struggled to muster. he thinks she can't do it and for that reason alone she feels compelled to prove otherwise.

"i want to help."

she says the words and they're honest. they carry as much conviction as a scared little girl can put together, and she hopes that even as her voice wavers he can see her commitment in her eyes with the same clarity she saw his spirit in his.

@prologue

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 6:05:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

imprudent.

bickering is pointless. he cannot dissuade her, so he won't. efforts are better spent onto his ascension, toward the end game. for that, he'll need to pace himself. how long it takes doesn't matter, so long as he peaks. only then, at the pinnacle of the heavens, can he taste the culmination of his labor. he hungers for it, for a taste he's long romanticized.

time to make haste, and, with that, they climb.

@spawn #1
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 7:07:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD DONPHAN APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / sturdy[break]
rollout / earthquake / bulldoze / knock off
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD POLIWHIRL APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / damp[break]
wake-up slap / hydro pump / hypnosis / belly drum
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 9:05:33 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar

her shoulders drop as a breath she didn't know she was holding slips from between her lips. for a moment she had truly believed he'd put his foot down and make her leave; but the fact that he didn't replaces her fearful trembles with a giddy energy that leaves her walking almost too close to the boy as he leads the way up the mountain.

the way is steep but the path he carves for them makes it bearable. she begins to wonder why he was acting so serious at the start if this was what the climb would be like. it feels no different than any other hike she's been on -- save the anxious attention she pays her feet for fear of tripping and making a fool of herself. her eyes dart between her toes and his back as they continue to climb: a grave mistake.

forsaking his serious tone, forgoing caution, and forgetting her surroundings she lets herself grow blind to the areas around her. only when she hears an angry trumpet call to her left does she take off her blinders. the donphan is too close for her to get any time to think; acting on pure reflex she throws herself to the ground to avoid its ROLL OUT. she whimpers as the stone of the ground strips the surface of her palms and knees.

@prologue
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 9:45:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

negligent.

he's no different. money, status-- neither provides for him here. no, they've forsaken him. only the title of amateur dares to loiter, manifesting into a belated reaction to their first menace: dolphan. neither of them can impose on its advance, pelting them with the upheaval of loose gravel from the mountain's terrain. kicked up dirt follows in its wake, blotting out their vision, soiling them in filth and cuts.

"ralts!"

young. stupid. juvenile. all enough so that he vocalizes his call to action. it's a waste precious seconds, on words that hold no bearing. even worse, it's a bad investment that should've established a productive command. but, none of them are familiar with such a style. they're used to the basics, the norms set by league official matches. the circumstance are incompatible here in the wilderness. no one halts so that the other may make orders. that's why they're feral.

"MAGICAL LEAF!"

a type advantage is the obvious move. make it clean, make it fast. they have much to scale. but he fails to consider the exorbitant level difference between them. he'll know soon enough. the puny sheets of foliage surmise a precise volley of their attack. all of them hit, yet, none of them scratch the surface of dolphan's impenetrable hide. this translates into outright disbelief.

and this is only the start.

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 10:04:59 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar

getting back onto her feet takes effort. blood makes uneven trails down her shins and just the sight of it brings tears to her eyes. she won't look at her hands, she can tell from the way they're throbbing that they must look just as bad if not worse. the situation has become real too quickly and for a moment all she wants to do is give up and go running for home. leaving was a bad idea, she really wasn't cut out for an adventure. she should have just stayed home and listened to her parents.

but then she hears his voice, and the urgency in it snaps her back to the moment.

she can't run. if she runs he'll be all alone, and so will she. it was scary by herself and she's sure that here even he'd be scared without someone else around. it's hard, but she sets her feet and turns to face the battle. the back of her right hand wipes away the wet trails on her cheeks before reaching for the pokeballs on her belt. the wounds on her palm make her hiss as they brush against the one she's picked.

"narci!"

she shouts her marill's name as she releases it. when the donphan rounds to punish ralts she acts quickly to draw it away.

"AQUA TAIL!"

the aqua mouse races towards her massive opponent and, in a show of ignorant bravery, brings the attack down hard on its back. marill's HUGE POWER seems to allow the move a bit more impact than it otherwise might have, but when donphan turns to face the new challenger it seems more irritated than injured.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2018 4:27:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

dejection.

do they stand a chance? maybe, but he's starting to doubt their capabilities. even with a type advantage, the pokemon seems impervious to their assault. the same cannot be said about their pokemon. no, they're little babies. the slightest sneeze will beat them battered. that leaves an uphill battle from here, one where they have to whittle away their opponent's stamina without suffering a single blow. there's only one way they'll get out of this alive.

"CONFUSION!"

fernando cannot shout the command out fast enough. their set of actions come too late to have an impact on dolphan's retaliation. with an outright swing of its trunk, it retaliates at the smaller marill with an annoyed KNOCK OFF. the brunt force of the attack is enough to swat the pokemon away like a pest.

fuck.

if only he had been a little faster. maybe then he could make a difference. the grating sounds of his teeth only reiterate this sentiments. the faint purple hue that suspends their opponent offers no relief. the least he can do is avenge it.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2018 4:54:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

anticipation.

the mountain was hardly like a home to her, but she knew its sights and sounds, kept them close to her heart, feared them as one feared god. the respectful curiosity that filled the girl's mind as she combed the cliffs and caves for shards and star pieces was loaded with nostalgia. the familiar warmth that came over her like a trance would be short lived, but that was fine; it meant her awareness of her surroundings hadn't been completely lost.

commotion on mount silver wasn't unusual exactly. the sounds that broke out below her were not so foreign as to alarm her. voices, the sounds of battle... trainers came through somewhat regularly, some of whom she knew by face and name. stuffing a few of her finds quickly into her bag, she scrambled to the cliff's edge for a bird's eye view of that which had caught her attention.

curiosity and bravery had merit, but not at the expense of reason. even so, the sight that she took in at the moment was one that she hadn't expected, and one that commanded her attention.

"hey! do you need—" her voice caught in her throat before she could finish her sentence.

the sight of blood made things more serious, more real. the longer she looked, the more she regretted opening her mouth. the trainers couldn't be any older than herself, and it seemed things had already begun to spin out of control. young and immature, she didn't have a word for the exact feeling that washed over her, but the pit that formed in her stomach was... bad. something she didn't appreciate. something that silenced her voice and thoughts alike.

she wouldn't run. she couldn't run. it would draw too much attention. instead, lowering herself closer yet to the rock face beneath her, under the cover of the surrounding brush, she decided she would watch. she would think. her mother's cautionary words rang through her head, but her own conflicting feelings held her in place like weights.

close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 3:41:39 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar

just moments after collecting her wits and courage she finds them dashed by the donphan's reprisal. the sheer difference in strength and size shatters any defenses typing may have offered and leaves her marill limp on the ground. terror bubbles up in her chest and burns her throat with bile. the tremors that shake her body and the blood that slicks her palms make it hard for her to return the pokemon. realization settles in, even heavier than before, as she struggles to dream up a situation where they get out of this mess in any shape to challenge the summit.

"nando, i-i don't know wha--"

her pitiful plea to the boy is cut short by a cry from above them, which itself is cut off by some unknown force. she looks up quickly to try and see what the source was and sees nothing but rock and foliage. the mystery of it rattles her senses even worse and she struggles to focus back in on the battle before her. she feels numb as she reaches for another pokeball. images of narci lifeless on the ground freeze her intentions even as she raises one to her face.

"what do i, i, i, i can't. . ."

she really cries now, eyes wide and chest heaving. the pokeball in her hand is streaked with blood as she rolls it in her palm anxiously. it's more dropped than thrown when it finally leaves her grasp; and in the next moment her dratini is at her feet, alert but unsure what to do without a command.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 4:15:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

miscalculation.

it's too much. the crying, the shouting, the unrelenting pressure of confronting immeasurable odds. he wants nothing more than to tune it all out, to lash out and scream at her to shut up. but he can't. the feedback is unyielding. his attention is diverted too many ways. he can't even remember to breath.

"ralts!"

dolphan doesn't stay suspended for long. a good effort of flailing about allows it to break free. it lands in relative safety, coiled up into its signature DEFENSE CURL. there's no surprise when fernando notices it suddenly catapult forward in a ROLL OUT. and again, he finds himself tardy to commit to an order.

"DOUBLE TEAM!"

one, two, three, six-- none are enough to dissuade the dolphan from running them through. more targets just means that it has to alter its trajectory to BULLDOZE through all of them. and, it does, disciplining them in the same manner as before. fernando curses in frustration, fuming at ralt strewn out form.

"HYPNOSIS?"

his voice lacks conviction. and, honestly, he's not sure it'll work. he watches the dolphan drive by with bated breathe, wincing away, unable to watch. it causes him to miss ralt's limping, its pathetic struggle to lift its right hand and send out a psychedelic wave that renders the dolphan unconscious. momentum continues drive the monster forward until it collides into a sizable boulder.

it lays there sleeping, down but far from out.

|
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 5:46:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

opportunity.

the beast's sedation was the trigger to action that the child had needed. with the threat temporarily subdued, fear subsided just enough to rouse her. she would need to move either way; remaining in proximity to all of this wasn't ideal by any stretch of the imagination. even she knew that.

but there was power in numbers, and security, too. definitely, the worst case scenario for her in this situation was them taking this time to flee, leaving her alone with the already agitated wildlife... she took advantage of at least these few moments to scale down the steep but short cliff that she had pressed herself against, seeking comfort in the form of company and revealing herself at last. the damage she sustained from the descent was minimal and fell to the back of her mind, numbed by adrenaline.

"you need to leave—!" thalia's speech, while hushed, was urgent. depending on how everything went from here on, they could make this work, right? "what are you even doing!"

|
close tab

played by

sunshine

lily
she/her
twenty-five
december 25
saffron city
silph-sexual
SILPH ACTING PRESIDENT
cadet
you and i
and no one else
54 height
54 height
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lillian
LILLIAN GLASS
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 6:02:52 GMT
LILLIAN GLASS Avatar

the donphan goes down, and all she sees is him standing over it. he shines, and she finds that by focusing on him in that moment she can breath; and once she remembers how to breath her tears slow. her mind starts to rev up again and ideas start creeping back in. their opponent is down for the moment but she doesn't know when it'll get back up. while her dratini stares up at her, confused as to why it was released, she roots around in the bag at her hip. from within it she pulls out an empty pokeball and without thinking she throws it.

they can't faint it, but if she manages to catch it there's no way it'll become a threat later. that's just as good, right?

it bounces off the pokemon's head, though she doesn't hear the sound or get the chance to watch the results due to a new arrival. when the stranger speaks she can't help but feel like she's heard their voice before, and after a moment of listening she realizes it's the same as the voice from moments ago. the stranger starts telling them to leave and she feels a kind of heat in her chest. leftover anxiety fuels indignation and she responds with all the tact and reason of the ten year old she is.

"we don't need to do anything!"

she wipes her tears and raises her voice ever so slightly as she turns to face the other girl. the thought that they've only just met and the girl is already looking down on her stokes the same fire that's kept her a part of this ascent.

"who even are you?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 7:18:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

intermission.

it's a respite well earned. but there will be no rest for the wicked. he takes off immediately to be with his ralts. clinging to the worn out pokemon. "i'm sorry." plead as he might, apologies don't nurse wounds. the scuff marks leave plenty of blemishes of dirt and bruises alike on ralt's pasty sheets. cradling her is the only comfort he can provide. at least until his ditto is called out.

there's no battle routine ingrained on any of his pokemon. however, ditto's repertoire is limited. it doesn't have a choice. the only thing it can do is become an IMPOSTER.

"heal pulse."

the infinite loop between the two allows them to be self sufficient. it won't sustain the entirety of their journey but any extension is welcomed. only after ralts seems to be able to stand on her own does fernando turn to address the others.

"she's right. you should go."

it's the second time he tries to shoo her away. this time it's not because he can't care for her. after this, fernando isn't even sure he can make it.

still, he persists, because he has to.

|
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 7:41:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

irritation.

"who are you? do you know where you are?" receiving such harsh reception, she bit back on instinct at the girl who had spoken, concern for feelings paling in response to her concern towards the situation at hand. emotionally switching to defense, her sympathy became frustration. she didn't want to be talked back to by somebody who sat crying and bleeding on the ground.

"you too! both of you! your pokémon haven't even evolved yet..." the boy who was there had verbally agreed, but not in a way that satisfied. she was barely one to talk, but at least she had the sense to exercise some caution. her head sat big on her shoulders, her sense of audacity only bolstered by the resistance she'd initially been met with.

once the wild pokemon was enclosed within a ball, thalia let herself loosen up just slightly. the end to its rocking meant they were safe for the moment, at least...

"why are you even here!" it wasn't posed as a question, but even the momentary relief had taken the edge off of her voice; while she was still obviously distressed, confusion had been allowed to dilute her anger. "geez... really..."

|