hawt springs reunion.

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 17:28:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
The long hike down the mountain had proved difficult enough. Her body sort of ached, but it would be one of those good sort of aches once she got into the bath and relaxed a bit.

The private baths, they cost too much for Francie, on top of the fact that apparently they were all taken? Either way, she didn't care at this point if she entered a mixed bath or not. She was tired and wanted to relax a bit before going to bed for the evening. What better place to do that than the hot springs?

With a towel around her torso, covering all her secrets, Francie sank into the mixed bath and let out a deep sigh. Oh, that was so much better. Her body was already relaxing on levels she hadn't realized she'd been tense.

This was exactly what she'd needed.

[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.nashh a]color:#DEA20C;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 9:35:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "hhaaawwnhhh."

fernando let's out a long and troubled sigh as he bears himself naked in the small changing room. it is his mind and not his body that's failing him. circling back on the curriculum he's drafted for has taken a lot more out of him than he expected. the lessons plan aren't too difficult but finding a way to break them down into simple terms that even she cannot misconstrue proves challenging. it requires a lot of effort and fernando can only pray that the rewards will be worth it.

his mind wanders and fernando barely catches himself about to exit butt ass naked. fuck. being self aware of his own breaking point is a good sign but that doesn't negate it. he still has to tend to himself and that's why he's made the conscious decision to bathe in lavaridge's infamous hot springs.

"hmmm."

the council man verbally thinks to himself as he wraps a loose, small towel around his waist. even thought its a mixed bath, everyone should be aware of their own nakedness. the horror of accidentally revealing himself to others doesn't cross his mind even once and fernando chalks it up to being cultural. for now, his towel keeps him covered, but only barely.

thoughtless to the point of being defenseless, fernando opens the door into the mixed bath and slowly starts to step in. the heat against his toes promise him a good time and he wades his way straight in.

"ahhhhhh."

it's a sound he doesn't make often and never in public. only few have heard such a sweet sound from the council's most serious member and none of them have any business being here.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:22:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
A noise that people don't typically make in public was definitely caught by Francie's ear. It made her blush and she hadn't even seen the one who had made the noise. In a way, she didn't really want to make eye contact. So instaed of looking, she kept her eyes glued to the ceiling.

Oh, but curiosity struck her. At first, she glanced. Then, blue hair? A double take. Muscles. Shit, Fernando?

Francie lifted her head to look over, her blush got deeper for obvious reasons, and she lifted an eyebrow. "I didn't take you as one to hit up the hot springs ... solo, Fernando."

Oh, but she couldn't help how she smiled. She'd missed him. And damn him, because despite trying to stay away from him for the sake of not getting herself head over heels in his mess again, here she was... happening to run into him. What the hell were the odds of that?

[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.francie a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:33:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] her voice is familiar but fernando can't pinpoint who it is. not between everything that's happened and the many people he's encountered. so, instead of relying on memory, he lets his eyes answer his question. lo and behold, if it isn't his favorite ex-gym leader.

"francie," he answers, if only because her last name escapes him at the time.

among all the headaches of the region, there are few people he holds in well regards. somehow, the girl next door of petalburg has been one that fernando finds both lovely and a role model for the new iterations of gym leaders that he has to manage. "you're back?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:45:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
'Back' inferred, to her, that she was a gym leader. Sadly, the spots were taken... and she'd thought about going to meet all the new ones, but, sort of felt like it would be a terrible idea. What a conversation that would be.

'Oh! Hello! I used to be the gym leader of Petalburg but I ended up being framed by Rocket and had to save my family. Now I'm in Hoenn again to see if you actually got rid of them. Want to go get a coffee?'

No, no, she'd held herself back from that embarrassment.

And speaking of embarrassment! Holy shit Fernando Silph was in a towel in the hot springs with her and now her brain turned into a little bit of mush. What had he asked again? No, focus Myrtle. Her internal scolding did the trick.

"Sort of. I'm in Hoenn. But you've filled up all those gym leader spots pretty quickly." He was a councilman, after all, that meant he was in charge of overseeing who became gym leader. Well, sort of... didn't he? Hell if she knew.

[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.francie a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 8:30:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando is far from being on the same page as her. when he says 'back', he's content with just her existence in the region. time has taught him that gym leaders are fickle people, fraught with danger and buckling under the weight of their responsibilities. there will be opportunities to rise to the occasion but what is more important is having the right people. just having her in the region adds another chess piece to the board, one he assumes will play for him before anyone else. it almost reminds him of , an aspiring trainer with an untapped potential, nestled as a hidden gem among those with much louder voices.

"a region in constant strife needs people to turn to. they don't make them like they used to, not like you," faux flattery comes in many forms and fernando's mastered the precise way to grin to come off as both earnest and charismatic. it's the same grin he uses when he wants something but no one capable of reading him has seen it more than once. his body continues to sink underneath the water's steamy surface until he's laying neck deep. "but we've managed through grit and tenacity."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 14:14:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
"Don't make them like me anymore... hm?" Francie laughs, but mostly at herself and her own self-doubt.

"I don't know if I would ever say people need to be made like me... I left the region to selfishly protect my family, make sure they were okay."

Because she has trust issues, but shh.

"But, I'm glad to be back." Francie turns then, to face Fernando, messy bun flopping a bit with the change of gravity. "And I'm glad to see you're doing well, and taking care of yourself..." suddenly, her features turned scolding, as they had back when they'd first gotten breakfast together. "Unless you're here on business."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 18:47:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "understandable." fernando sinks even further and dips his head underneath. several bubbles arise before he breaches the water's surface, hair wet and refreshed by the warm splash of water against his face. "people may judge you for your actions but no one will fault you for your cause. family is one of the most precious things a person can protect." which is ironic coming from a silph.

"i am." the change in her color is disregarded as a juvenile embarrassment due to their relative proximity or the fact that she's been soaking for far too long. fernando concerns himself with neither but keeps a watchful eye, just in case it's the latter. "i'm training lavaridge's gym leader, bronwen llewelyn. it's been demanding, to say the least."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 19:40:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Perhaps her expression at his 'family matters' speech shouldn't have been so full of, 'wtf' essence. But it was, and she couldn't help it. She did, however, try very hard to reel it in and take a deep breath.

"Sounds as if a Councilman's work is never done." A fact she knows since she decently knows both Councilmen pretty well. Perhaps she should have gotten to know Dahlia a little better... did being friends with just the Councilmen make her ... what did they call that these days? A thought? Something like that. She certainly hoped it didn't.

"How's training going though?" As she asks, her eyes move to her hand, which drifts back and forth in the water just beneath the surface of it.

So much for a calm, warm, relaxing bath. Instead, she's tense and nervous, and a little dizzy.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 21:53:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] her inquiry towards bronwen's training is met with the only acceptable answer fernando can induce. he submerges himself into the hot springs and hopes to drown. only when the need to breath forces him up does he emerge. the inhale he huffs is both out of necessity and frustration. he is not meant to teach from scratch.

"i've seen better days. honestly, i'm getting old." wet hair sticks to his skin and for the first time in forever, fernando allows himself to uncoil.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 22:21:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Laughter bubbles out of Francie like the water had to the surface as Fernando submerged himself. She can't help herself. She's not laughing at him, just laughing because she's happy to see him ... let loose, a bit.

He was always so uptight when she had been around before. Perhaps the distance had done them some good.

"I'm sorry to see you feel that way. You're only twenty-six, Fernando. You're not that old. Only three years my senior, after all." A brow is risen and Francie dares him to challenge her claim.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 0:42:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "three years, huh?" time is relative and for him, his tenure in hoenn feels like an eternity. forget silph co. ignore the traveling and pokemon he's caught. take out the new transition of team rocket and the dastardly things he's help set up as well as take down. what's left is just his activities within the league and that in itself is draining enough to leave him spiritually withered.

"factor in the extra hours i'm awake and i wouldn't be surprised if that difference was thirty." he grimaces, wiggling his toes underneath to let the water flow between every nook and cranny. "twenty-seven, by the way. you missed my birthday."

he sighs. "so, how was your time away from hoenn?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 0:47:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
"I... did?"

Guilt washes her voice over, diluting it, and making it even smaller than before. She hadn't realized she missed his birthday and now she's upset that she has.

"Ah, my time away." He's changed the subject, probably to try and keep her from thinking on it and being guilty. "It wasn't as good as my time here. I got to see my family, I'm thankful for that, but I... I missed it here. Something terrible."

Slowly her eyes lift to the sky, she gives a bright smile, her features lighter than they've been since she realized who he was.

"I mean, I missed you." Wow, honesty. Yikes. Makes her blush.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 1:01:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] wrong move, ouch. fernando can hear her the dismay in her voice. he had meant it at a joke but his tone had been lacking. his action may seems lax for his character but at the end of the day, fernando was fernando. jokes come out blunt and his tone is too monotone to reflect the humor found in others. but that's not what makes him abrasive, it's his inability to reach out and correct himself.

yet, somehow, he manages to muster a confession out of her. it leaves him dumbstruck and his features relax into an apprehensive neutral. he sinks a little more until the water touched the rim of his upper lip. anything to help hide the subtle signs of confusion as his lower lip curls upwards.

francie misses him of all people? the statement sounds weird on paper, considering the little time they've spent together but the memory of their breakfast tickles the back of his mind. he attributes it to her overtly tenderhearted nature and appreciates her for who she is. dainty, pleasant, wholesome. all the qualities he values in a person while leaving them prone to being exploited. who better than the sweetheart of petalburg? how positively delicious.

and, of course, fernando's left to stare at her, speechless. only once he notices the awkwardness of not responding does he rise, ever so slightly, "i missed you too, francie."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hawt springs reunion.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 1:12:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
The awkwardness is so heavy she can nearly feel herself sinking. Maybe that's why Fernando had nearly disappeared under the water of the hot spring.

A deep breath later, a slow breath and Francie hears a few words she never thought she'd hear Fernando say.

"Not any more than you miss a favorite seasonal item."

..whatthefuck?

Francie's face contorts a bit as she thinks on what she's said. In a way, she was trying to say that Fernando didn't miss her any more than perhaps he would miss something that he experienced for a short period of time, enjoyed decently, and didn't much mind it was gone but was happy it was back. Hopefully, that was conveyed because now she was sinking herself into the water to try and avoid talking. Also, she was keeping her eyes locked away from him.

But... what if he did miss her like she'd missed him?

Doubtful.