respect the brave.

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 18:06:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Mt. Pyre was a place most would call creepy or offsetting, but Francie sort of found a relief in it. The mountain was beautiful, the graves weren't creepy but instead a reminder of the bravery of those who had perished. A lot of them were Pokémon, others were people.

Now, why was Francie at Mt. Pyre and not hunting beautiful Pokés? Because headstones don't clean themselves. Maybe it was the cleaning itch leftover from spring, but the staff at Mt. Pyre's cemeteries were short a few hands and had reached out for some help.

Francie was one of many who had probably answered the call. She couldn't wait to get started. It was an honor to help those who were no longer here remain beautiful in death as they had - probably - been in life.

Opening the shed door, Francie emerged with her hair pulled back and cleaning supplies in her hands. She was to make her rounds through one of the sections of the cemetery and get the headstones presentable. Take away dead flowers, water the live ones, brush off the debris; those sorts of things.

MISSION
OPEN TO ANYONE
[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.francie a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 19:55:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

asdf

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

It had been a while, too long, really, since Stormy had last come up to Mt. Pyre with the purpose of visiting her Pokemon's headstone. It pained her too much, but worse, she was afraid to. Because, in the end, it had been her fault Tapati had died during that mission.[break][break]

She had arrived with cleaning tools in hand, that, of course, had been given to her by the gardening keepers of the cemetery, ready to take on the grit and grime of cleaning. It would be a relaxing afternoon spent tackling mindless chores and activity, and she whole-heartedly welcomed it.[break][break]

Her own hair was pulled back and her hands covered with gloves. The heat had never bothered her, so for the most part she was sparcely clothes, not worried about sunburn.[break][break]

She was crouched next to her Pokemon's stone, working diligently at clearing away the long-since deceased flowers. She wiped the back of her hand across her forehead as she leaned back, dropping the pile of dead plant in the bucket next to her.[break][break]

There was a distinct look of grief telling a story in her features.

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 23:52:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Sometimes, when Francie came to places like this, she felt a little bit out of place. She had never lost a Pokémon in battle, or even at all. Her Rockruffs had been with her since the beginning. Losing one of them... well, she wasn't entirely sure what she would feel like if she ever lost one of them. Any of them. What a horrible thing; exactly why she paid respects to those who had been lost.

Speaking of, Francie's eyes caught a woman tending to a lost Pokémon's headstone. Just by seeing the look in the girl's eyes, Francie knew good and well that she wasn't a volunteer, but an owner.

"I'm sorry," for interrupting. "But I just wanted to let you know, if you need any assistance or anything, I'm a volunteer staff for the day."

Francie was sure to make her tone gentle and inviting. A hope that she wouldn't startle or offend the woman while she cleaned her Pokémon's headstone.

[newclass=.francie] margin-top:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.francie b]color:#DEA20C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass][newclass=.francie i]color:#DEA20C;[/newclass][newclass=.francie a]font:bold 11px roboto!important;color:#aaa;text-transform:uppercase!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 22:28:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

A voice pops up next to her, and Stormy wipes away the tear that slipped from her eye and down her cheek. She feigns indifference as she looks over to the newcomer, a soft smile spreading on her face as she finishes arranging the new bundle of flowers and gets to her feet.[break][break]

She takes a second to brush dirt from her knees and tuck a strand of dark hair behind her ear before she finally responds.[break][break]

"Don't be! I'm supposed to be volunteering as well, I just.. got distracted."[break][break]

There are bags under her eyes that came from lack of sleep and guilt, but she appears bright and awake otherwise.[break][break]

"Did you need a partner? I'm free to help, I know you just asked me if I needed help.. but." [break][break]

She trails off awkwardly, unsure why she had just asked a dumb question.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 0:07:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Seeing the girl in such pain hurts Francie deep. She's never experienced a loss like that, but she can't help but hope that perhaps she can help the other girl get into a better headspace.

She still can't resist the want to give the girl a hug, though she does refrain by bringing a hand up to her chest and clutching it gently.

"Please, no need to apologize. You take your time. If anything, I can just pull a double shift! I would hate to interrupt you while you're busy."

'Busy' meaning, 'while you process your emotions.'

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 0:58:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

"No."[break][break]

She says this firmly, brushing her thumb slowly underneath her eye, eliminating any evidence of her tears. Despite the seriousness in her voice, she's smiling at the stranger, shedding the sadness.[break][break]

"I came here to do a job, and I intend to do it. I've already taken my time, it's time to move on."[break][break]

She juts her chin in the direction of the next row of headstones and lifts the garbage bucket in one hand as if gesturing to it.[break][break]

"C'mon, we can work together. My name's Stormy by the way."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 14:51:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Seeing the other girl's resolve, Stormy is her name, has Francie far more relaxed than she had been when first walking up to the girl. It's always refreshing to Francie to see people moving forward. Hopefully this resolve sticks, and doesn't dissipate into the many faux-resolves people tend to make.

"I'm Francie!" Her newly excited tone might be a bit much, so she quickly tones it down. "I'd love to work together. Always gets things done faster, doesn't it?"

With a new friend, or at least that's how Francie saw it, she begins picking things up and putting them in the garbage. She also begins cleaning the headstones of dust with a feather duster she had on her hip.

"Are you a traveling train--" then, the reason for the girl's name sounding so familiar has Francie a bit shaken. "Oh no, you're Lavaridge's current gym leader, aren't you??"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 23:25:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Francie's cheeriness is a welcome change to the doom and gloom of the area. For the most part, the other volunteers were morose and quiet, not giving much for good conversation. Or, there were visitors who, like Stormy had been earlier, were quietly weeping or generally unhappy.[break][break]

Because of this, Stormy smiles back at the girl, genuinely pleased to be presented with someone in a good mood and willing to put on a good face.[break][break]

"Yes, yes it does go by faster!"[break][break]

Stormy says in response, matching her enthusiasm. She watches idly as the girl picks up her things to follow her, amused by the little feather duster she carried. As they continue on opposite sides, taking the care to make sure each stone was properly cleaned and in good condition, Stormy's thoughts would be interrupted by the girls question turned incredulity.[break][break]

"Hmm? No, I--"[break][break]

She is interrupted then by Francie's realization, and Stormy laughs awkwardly, tilting her head and smiling.[break][break]

"Yes, I'm the Lavaridge gym leader. It's really not that exciting, though."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 0:02:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
"What?? Isn't it though?"

Francie argued the point, but could see that perhaps Stormy simply didn't like to boast. She had been the same once upon a time. She hadn't thought much of her position as Petalburg's Gym Leader and yet now she'd kill for the position back- or something close to the same since she simply wanted to help make a difference.

"Well, I suppose it's one of those 'you can't see what you're in,' sort of things."

Or maybe it wasn't and Francie was just being a nag. Either way, she couldn't help how she smiled.

"I was Petalburg's Gym Leader once upon a time. Family issues had to be resolved and I lost the position. Can't expect them to hold it for me when I up and disappear."

Come to think of it, that was rather rude of her... maybe she should write a letter and apologize-- though, maybe she'd just meet up with Kim at some point and make up for it... maybe.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 17:11:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Perhaps the reason Stormy felt no urge to boast about her position was because of her own self-doubt and guilt around the circumstances of her promotion. Unlike other Gym leaders who had proven themselves to be worthy of the position, Stormy had snuck her way in by way of politics. She was still struggling to prove her worth daily, and while the people of Lavaridge trusted and loved her, her own brother still held his doubts.[break][break]

So she shrugs at Francie's question, unsure how to answer.[break][break]

"Wait, really? That's awesome! I think Petalburg has a water-type Gym leader now, if I'm not mistaken. What sort of Pokemon did you train?"[break][break]

Her eyes are wide with curiosity, but she quickly turns back to return to cleaning, not wanting to look as though she had abandoned her duty to spend time chatting.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 19:16:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]
Cleaning and chatting where Francie's two best used skills, really. She was such a ball of sunshine, or a house wife... either way.

"Wow, water types, really?"

It's not that Francie meant to sound disgusted, but she ended up sounding that way regardless.

"S-Sorry, that sounded rude. Um." Moving on. "I uh, I train rock type Pokémon! Lycanrocs and anything bigger than me! Which honestly isn't so hard a feat to manage."

The small laugh Francie let loose after her explanation was the type that made her eyes close and her hand raise up to her mouth to try and cover up her amusement.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
respect the brave.
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2019 22:31:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Stormy laughs out loud, surprising herself. Francie's reaction to water types was so unexpected but perfectly reciprocated that she couldn't help herself.[break][break]

Before she can fully apologize, she interrupts, shaking her head in amusement.[break][break]

"No, well. I mean.. maybe it was rude. But I personally feel the same. I'm a fire and ground specialist, but I also sometimes train rock and steel type Pokemon. It's kind of a thrill to command such immense and powerful Pokemon."[break][break]

It's then that she decides Francie is a favourite of hers, and she smiles because of it.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES