twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 15:39:54 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it is funny how big of an emotion nostalgia is. he thinks back to his childhood and is only met with fond memories. times were simpler then; the only thing he had to worry about was what he was going to wear to school, or what gift to get the silph children for their birthdays.

oh, how times have changed.

is it change for the better? sometimes he's not too sure. sometimes he would rather be a kid again and live life with blissful ignorance. 

but every now and then there's a spark, a glimmer of nostalgia that brings him back to a time much simpler than now. perhaps it is part of the reason why he's standing in petalburg outside the door to some apartment, unannounced and uninvited.

the stone child takes a deep breath and knocks thrice.

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 15:52:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia's residence is, like so many other things in her life, temporary. She has not been here for long and before her lease is even up, she's bound to move onward to the next place. For now, Petalburg is the closest thing to home she has.

She likes the apartment. It's comfortable, not too big (how she use to hate the Silph home for all its empty places) and not too small. The traditional style of it lends a charm Cecilia doesn't usually find in things.

Most of her time still isn't spent here. Alexander catches her on a day she is home. The knock draws the attention of a dozen eyes. Cecilia, legs stretched out on the couch, tilts her head back to look. Her Pokemon stare it down, ears twitching. With a sigh, she stands, bare feet padding across the floor. She makes sure to take her time.

The door opens and Cecilia blinks as soon as she sees Alexander's face. She moves to stand in the doorway, one shoulder pressed to the frame.

"Not even a text or a call?" she asks, as if she hasn't done the same thing for the past year. "That's very rude, Stone."

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 15:58:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
she takes her time to make it to the door. she takes long enough until he considers the possibility of her not being home. but he feels the cool air from underneath the crack of the door and sees light shining through. granted it could just be from an open curtain, but he remains hopeful.

and then it swings open. he resists a laugh but not a smile.

"consider how i felt when i heard news of your return to hoenn. not even a text or a call." 

she leans in the doorway and he stands there still, unwilling to be the first to break. for two people who have not properly spoken to each other in years, the two seem fairly comfortable in each other's presence.

"that is very rude, silph." 

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 16:07:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia pretends to consider this, head tipping side to side. She looks back up, mouth pulled into a thin smile. "I lost your phone number." This is not a lie.

She breathes out a thin, wry laugh and reaches out to pinch the side of his cheek hard between her fingertips. "Did I hurt your feelings? I'm sowwy, Awex."

Cecilia's lips part into a just there smirk.

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 16:13:03 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
his head follows her into a tilt to the side, watching her consider his words but they both know the game they're playing.

"that does sound like you." 

he considers her dry laugh but does little to react to it except for a slight raise of an eyebrow. he eyes her hand cautiously as she reaches up to pinch his cheek. he allows her for a few seconds before chuckle, breaking into a smile. 

"just a little." 

her smirk is her tell. her arm's already raised so it's not hard for him to lean forward to hug her, arms falling around her with ease.

"missed you a little."

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 16:16:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Have you ever tried to pet a meowth, only to watch it flatten back into itself to avoid being touched? Have you seen a meowth held by a child, a look of suffering in its eyes as its choked half to death?

This is what Cecilia tries and fails to do. She does not draw back fast enough to avoid a hug and when Alexander embraces her, her contempt for this sign of affection is clear.

She makes a show of going as limp as possible, body weight falling to him.

"Gross."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 16:19:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the embrace lasts for a little too long but only out of friendly spite. he doesn't suspect she's changed much from when they were younger. she's always hated showing affection then too. he can feel her contempt seeping through until he finally releases her.

"shut up you like it." 

his eyes travel around her to peer into her apartment and at her many feline pokemon in particular. it's only then does the smell hit him; it's not bad by any means but it's distinct. like a crazy cat lady apartment.

"can i come in now?"

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 20:12:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Out of the same albeit less-than-friendly spite, Cecilia refuses to return the hug for the entire duration it lasts. As soon as he lets her go, she steps back as if he had put a knife between them.

"I don't, I really don't," she assures before making her way back to the couch. Cecilia offers no answer other than a door left open.

One of her pokemon - the Purrloin - approaches Alexander. It stops directly in front of him and makes an effort to sit in his way and the second he goes around it, hooks onto his pants with claws.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 1:48:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
taking the open door as good enough of an invitation, he steps in and closes it behind him. he watches her make her back back over to the couch, soon following only to be stopped by the blocking of a purrloin.

"please do not scratch me." 

he gets scratched.

the purrloin hooks its claws onto his pants and he's left with the only option but to drag it across the floor as he continues walking. he takes a seat on the couch next to her, most likely blocking her from lying down.

"why are you back?"

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 1:59:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia snorts as she hears Alexander in the background. There are six cat like pokemon. Getting scratched is an inevitable fact of life.

Her face pinches together when Alexander takes a seat but this doesn't deter her. Cecilia drops her legs across his lap and looks at him, eyebrows raised to ask what he expected. A skitty perches on the back of the couch. She makes a point of chewing on a piece of Alexander's hair.

"I don't know," Cecilia answers. There's no sarcasm. "Everything else was boring."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:16:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
she lays her legs across his lap and he shoots her a glare, but stays put for now, only because he has no idea where else he could possibly sit in this cat-infested mess of an apartment. how does one live like this? he's not too sure.

a skitty chews away at the back of his hair. he doesn't move, fearing it would only lash out and scratch him.

"hoenn sounds like the right region for you. i assume you are aware of what has been happening recently." 

he pauses, unsure of where to comfortably put his hands.

"your brother is a councilman now. and your sister a gym leader."

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:21:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] "To an extent. Hoenn's drama isn't of much interest to me," she answers with a small shrug. She had distanced herself from it after her parent's death.

Cecilia leans forward, stretching a hand out to brush a curl of hair from Alexander's face. "So I've heard. And you? What are you up to these days, Alex?"

Her hand lingers for a moment longer before she drops it back down.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:38:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"it should be. you live here now." 

he's aware of how she's distanced herself from the terrors of the region. he remembers the silph's funeral, remembers seeing her there on her lonesome. he didn't talk to her then but that isn't something he regrets.

she leans forward and stretches a hand out; after all this time he's still uncomfortable with physical contact, but he tries his best not to show it. the involuntary tense comes but that's all that happens as he watches her hand drop back down.

"nothing you would not have already heard." he pauses, then turns to look at her. "protecting the region and its people. that includes you."

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:44:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia, in spite of herself, frowns at the way he tenses but she says nothing about it. But the way Alexander says that includes you leaves her with a distinct feeling of discomfort, the kind she has always felt when people showed any semblence of affection towards her. She laughs.

"Are you my knight in shining armor, then? Going to scare away all the bad people?"

The Skitty grows bored of Alexander's hair but she replaces her newfound boredom by dropping down onto Cecilia's legs and into his lap. The skitty lays there.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
ontmoeten [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 2:57:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the skitty moving to his lap actually makes him feel more comfortable. his hands reach down to pet it, gently, still wary of it lashing out to claw at him. he knows it's silly to be that wary of all the cats but he genuinely does not like cats.

"something like that."

he thinks to himself, tilts his head slightly, then speaks again.

"but i am sure you need no knight in shining armor. you are scary enough on your own."

his eyes shift to the skitty for a moment.

"petalburg is close enough to rustboro, so i would not worry."

@cecilia