1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 22:28:42 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

Her shift had been extended, allowing enough over lap between her and the morning secretary for her to get them settled. Isra can't hep but wonder why it has to be her, it kept her there until she was bored out of her mind and had gone well past her usual cleaning and organizing duties. The office is already meticulous by the time she leaves but even she believes you can go over board at some point.

All but one stack of papers has already been dealt with and returned to its home or otherwise left out for to do with as he pleased once he came in the office. Including a small sticky note towards the bottom of the stack with a grumpy face and complaint about having to greet the newcomer instead of getting to just leave it to him. Regardless of his approval of the sticky notes she's become quite fond of them during her time in his office, finding them useful for all sorts of things. Something her new co-worker will likely catch on quickly as she often leaves notes for the others concerning their work.

Too bad she couldn't get away with just leaving her a serious of sticky notes explaining what the morning expectation for her would be.

Instead gold eyes are focused on a paper she is triple checking the details of before she leaves it for Fernando later, something to pass the time while she waits for the newcomer to come, the door is even open for her already because Isra does not want to waste time putting it in her way. It would be better to get this over with. She doesn't need to look up from it when someone nears the door, despite the late hours for her she's sharp as ever tonight. Her agitation likely fueling her.

"Good morning."

@lenora

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 22:51:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"]Lenora takes her outrage at this situation and puts it into a box and she puts that box into the dark in the back of her mind where it will never see the light of day and instead be forgotten about with the hundreds of other things she has stuffed there as well.

Lenora is not prone to arrogance, but she would like to think she is better than some petty desk girl, even if it is for a Silph. Her father does not think she is and his exact words are something like coordinating is a waste of time; you need to get an actual job that will take you places.

It is morning and Lenora walks into the office as if she has worked her for years. She wears her lipstick bright, her smile wide. She is too awake for it to be so early.

"Good morning!" she greets, heels signaling her arrival. Lenora is quick to stop in front of the desk. She tucks a curl of hair behind her ear and offers a hand out. "My name is Lenora. It's so nice to meet you! Oh - are you working on something?"

In a moment, she is at the woman's side, peering down at the papers.

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 23:20:18 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Disdain. The decision is instant and she keeps it off her face by focusing entirely on the paper for a moment more. A focus to let her force the emotion into the back of her skull where it belongs for now. There is no point in showing it, Isra knows the perks of playing nice regardless of whether she wants to or not and her features stay soft, emotions very clearly being kept in line. She looks the part she always does and they are already a contrast to each other. The other is bright and bubbly while Isra is a pale porcelain doll dressed in lace and flowers cascading down her figure, elegant in her perfect posture, heels making only the most subtle of sounds against the floor as she pushes her chair out and stands.

Isra returns the paper to its stack- truthfully it is boring and mundane because she does not know what Fernando will be allowing the other to work on and she would not dare have something sensitive out for her to see. The numbers on it however, perplexed her and it was only for that reason it was there. Something for her to mull over before putting it away. Her movements match the image she portrays as she turns to this Lenora, every movement subtle but deliberate, there is a weight in the quietness of her presence.

She makes no move to shake hands. "A pleasure Lenora." her tone is even and calm. "This is nothing special, mostly a consolidation of information." one of the many things she is good at, condensing things down to the parts that matter. Sticky notes giving context that may be needed and directing to the papers containing the in depth data should he need to go over it. "Fernando will address what you'll work on with you when he arrives. How much has he told you about what is expected of you here?"

Gold eyes watch closely, she's not a woman for small talk. She's here to do her job.

@lenora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2019 23:47:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Lenora catches just enough of the paper to decide it's of no interest to her. Numbers, nothing more. Probably figures to do with sales or stocks or what have you. She straightens, posture as perfect as the other woman's. Lenora knows how to present herself.

"Oh, you know! The usual speel about jobs like this. Nothing you haven't heard, I'm sure," she answers, waving a hand dismissively in the air.

(She considers how silly it is for a person of her stature to be put into a demeaning position as a secretary - to have her freedom stripped and tied down to a boring office.)

"I'll probably help with scheduling or something like that. Taking phonecalls and managing all those day to day things. I'm sure he doesn't want me working on paperwork yet. What was your name?"

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 0:17:37 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I see." she makes a mental note not to expect too much of her. The inability to answer a simple question without proper specifics does not leave a good impression. "While I do handle some of the scheduling and maintenance most of it will be left to you, as of current I am the only night assistant I know of in the counsel and most correspondence is done during the day."

Isra does not envy it, mundane and brain dead work. She picks up the stack of papers she had been looking at and takes them to fernando's desk, finding the proper place for them before she answers her, almost as if she were deciding whether or not it was worth bothering to tell her. "My name is Isra. We won't see each other often but occasionally I get dragged out of the night shift for meetings and projects."

"I and the last secretary" she makes a point to use the two different titles. "shared the desk, I believe you and I will be doing the same. All I ask is that you don't make a mess of it." she nods to the desk she was just at before straightening Fernando's, making sure everything is in the place it will be expected to be when he arrives.

"When you're not taking care of something we're expected to keep the office tidy and presentable but you won't have to worry about that too much. I generally keep it up to par over night. Do you have any questions at all?"

@lenora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 0:50:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] As Isra talks, Lenora falls quiet, folding her hands behind herself as she listens. She folds her lips together. For her own closet and room, Lenora was always good at keeping things neat and tidy. She has been good at keeping notes and managing such things. But she's also always been good at making an absolute disaster of things, too.

It probably won't matter as long as Isra isn't there to see whatever mess she makes.

"Of course," she chirps. "I love organizing things. It's very relaxing."

Her lips purse and Lenora lifts her head to watch the ceiling as she considers it. Her gaze drops back to Isra.

"Show me how you like to organize things so I can do the same. I think that is the most basic thing we can cover to keep your job as simple as possible. After that, if you could show me the systems and how Fernando prefers things to be done, that would be positively wonderful." Her hands clasp together and she smiles, wide and bright.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 0:34:23 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

How about no.

At least that's what she wants to say but her face stays a well practiced neutral as the other woman speaks. Instead she mentally braces herself for a long morning and prepares to nap in the lunch room for the day because at this rate there is no way she will make it home in time.

"Everything is organized for sake of ease." efficiency is the name of the game and Isra has mastered it. She returns to the shared desk and opens the first drawer. She pokes around a moment to allow Lenora a peak at how its laid out. Nothing on top of each other, nothing obstructing access. Most commonly used items towards the front. The desk is much the same. Everything seems to surround the monitor and edges of the desk in a line so she never has to reach over anything. The only things oddly placed are the knickknacks that sit in front of the monitor, a now empty flower vase tacked off to the side. "Easily accessible and within arms reach. However if you prefer it another way you're welcome to it. I'll reorganize it when I come in for the evening."

Speaking of, she starts to move items around, shifting them back into the manner that the last secretary preferred them by memory. By the time she is done it will look more like an office desk and less like a work station. Something fit for the face that will welcome people into the office by day. "I don't expect to be catered to, my shift allows me certain freedoms your's might not." almost as an after thought she gestures over her shoulder to the cabinet in the corner. "Cleaning supplies are over there." it's more like an after thought.

fingers tap the surface of the desk before moving away from it, gesturing for the blond to sit down and make herself comfortable. "You're welcome to settle in, let me know if there's anything else you might like to have access to. I have most everything you'll need somewhere in the desk." Be it a plethora of pens or her variety of sticky notes Isra has made a point to keep the desk well stocked. Nothing frsutrates her more than running out of things she needs.

@lenora

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2019 13:04:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] She considers Isra's answers and the pointlessness of organizing something one way only to change it hours later. That, Lenora thinks, is not very efficient and would certainly become very tiresome after a while. The system Isra has set up seems to be fine as is and she makes a note of where each thing is, etching into memory.

"Certain freedoms?" she repeats, more as a curiosity than an actual question. She looks back to the chair when Isra motions. "Oh! No, you should sit. I still need you to show me the computer system and it'll be quicker if I watch since you're already familiar with it."

She smiles and turns to face the computer in a way that seems to suggest Isra does not have a say in the manner. Her hands fold neatly in front of her, resting at the last visible button of her blouse before it tucks into her pencil skirt.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Newcomer [lenora]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2019 7:06:38 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Something about this irks her but Isra can't quite pin what. It's not something apparent, something subtle nagging at her and she has to tell herself that this a bloody office setting and not the time to hyper analyze and worry about things that matter little like this. At the end of the night this is nothing she needs to worry that much about.

She finds herself in front of the computer again and wishing she were anywhere else but here.

A quick tip tap wakes up the machine and has her logged in. She's grown quicker with the machines in recent weeks, finally becoming accustomed to their use. "Much of our office work and things kept between only a handful of people will be computerized, Fernando prefers using them to having things on paper. Most anything else is still being done by paper because the league hasn't moved on to a computer system the same way."

Isra navigates to the scheduling book, clicking through it at a reasonable pace so she could see what she was doing. "This is probably what you'll use most outside of email." a quick look over makes it apparent fernando keeps himself busy. Isra skims it again and her brows furrow. She makes an adjustment to some of the timings and pulls out a sticky note pad. Writing down the adjustments to the schedule and nothing who may need a call to be reminded of their meetings and alerted to shifts in time.

"Really a lot of it is just taking the little things out of his hands and doing it for him so he's not tied up picking times instead of making notes for projects." the sticky notes and attached to the bottom of the computer monitor where they'll be easily found later. "There's a directory of notable phone numbers under the phone itself and I generally leave notes about who I have called, the time and what it was about should I make any during the night to make follow up easier during the day."

Isramoves through a handful of other programs, allowing the woman a look at how the files have been organized, and what sort of thing she may end up working on down the road. All mundane but required nonetheless. She's quiet, waiting for the woman to stop her or ask any questions she might have.

@lenora