awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
tutorial
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:21:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "in essence, spacing is integral to any battle. keeping your opponent within an optimal range to attack without giving them the chance to retaliate can both increase the damage you can output while minimizing the damage you take. a close range pokemon like machamp should never be able to hit a long range pokemon like porygon. however, should the machamp be able to close the ground and maintain a distance of less than five meters, machamp should be able to keep up an offensive that the porygon cannot withstand."

fernando clicks the remote that causes the projector to transition onto the next slide. a video plays and it's his own charizard against his rhydon. the battle plays out much like his with but with his added narration and deliberate camera angles. "here is a textbook example. rhydon, a rock pokemon, has a type advantage on the charizard but cannot hope to catch it in the air. charizard's win condition is small but can be maximized by creating as much distance as possible between them. in the air, charizard is faster than on foot, and should have ample time to dodge any incoming projects. in return, it can play a drawn out game of attrition to pelt the rhydon with attacks. we presume that charizard is faster in the air than in the rhydon on foot which should lead to the charizard to landing more attacks than it's opponent. naturally, one good rock attack will spell disaster to charizard but in an unfavorable match up, it's more important to press as much of an advantage as possible for the next pokemon you bring into play."

"my name is fernando silph and thank you for your time. i look forward to your futures and hope you become the best trainers that you can be." the lecture hall claps out of courtesy and fernando leaves after a few words from the professor. he exits to see the one person who fits the university setting despite graduating years ago.

"sorry about that. one of the students asked a thoughtful question and i wanted to answer it in full. did you wait long, perse?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
tutorial
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 19:24:15 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silpl-LEAGUE"]
[attr="class","silpl"]
[attr="class","silpl-top-1"]

[attr="class","silpl-top"]

[attr="class","silpl-icon"]

[attr="class","silpl-lyric"]in a thousand prisms

[attr="class","silpl-lyric1"]I won’t find the freeness of your form in my own lines

[attr="class","silpl-post"]

She can hear his voice carry from the lecture theater and into the hall where she waits, amplified by the microphone, but she can only hear bits and pieces in the reverberations. [break][break]

Distance and maneuverability of Pokemon in combat is of course of great importance, but Persephone has the uncomfortable afterthought that skilled trainers would have trained their Pokemon specifically to address and combat those types of disadvantages. [break][break]

Persephone stands statuesque and lost in thought as she mulls over Fernando's thoughts, her eyes flickering across the posters plastering the walls advertising student clubs and recruitment for various studies. The Mimikyu shifts inside her jacket pocket, only his 'head' lolling out lazily. Persephone absently tucks him securely back inside. [break][break]

She jolts back to the present with a flinch only when she hears Fernando's voice, quite suddenly, nearby. [break][break]

The faint but nonetheless genuine smile comes easily. [break][break]

"I'm glad you took the time. What I heard from here sounded insightful." After a second her smile widens slightly and she bites her lip, playful glint in her eyes. [break][break]

"As a recent graduate, I can assure you the bulk didn't take anything in this early in the morning so I hope you allowed the instructor to record you." [break][break]

She approaches him but refrains from any excessive displays of affection, though the idea did cross her mind.

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn"]
[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a"]

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a-1"]
[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a-img"]

leto the mimikyu

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-bar"]

[attr="class","silpl-notes"]

[newclass=.silpl]border:solid 3px #363636;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;text-align:justify;color:#aaaaaa;width:294px;padding:50px;margin:35px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top-1]height:90px;width:394px;background-color:#2b2b2b;margin:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top]height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 40px #2b2b2b;border-left:solid 197px #2b2b2b;border-right:solid 197px transparent;border-bottom:solid 40px transparent;margin:50px -50px -115px -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon]position:relative;z-index:1;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#333333;border:solid 2px #272727;border-radius:100%;border-top:solid 2px #eeeeee;margin:0px auto 15px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric]text-align:center;font:30px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric1]text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 10px Roboto Condensed;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#595959;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post]font:11px Roboto;padding:25px 0px;line-height:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post font]font:bold 15px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding:0px 3px;letter-spacing:-.5px;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post b]font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post i]color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn]height:44px;margin:0px -6px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a, .silpl-pkmn-b]width:40px;padding:6px 2px;height:32px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;float:left;margin-right:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a]cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a img]filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-b img]filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1]pointer-events:none;opacity:0;position:absolute;padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;height:25px;margin-top:54px;width:264px;-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease; -o-transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img]height:65px;width:65px;margin:-20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img img]max-height:65px;filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1]font:bold 15px Roboto;color:#595959;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b]font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar]margin-left:65px;background-color:#272727;padding:1px;border-radius:3px;margin-top:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar div]height:5px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes]padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes div]height:25px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-lyric, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-post font]color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-lyric, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-post font]color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl] }.silpl-pkmn-a:hover + .silpl-pkmn-a-1, .silpl-pkmn-a-1:hover { opacity:1;pointer-events:auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
tutorial
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 21:43:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando laughs at her comment only because he isn't sure whether she's humoring him or being earnest. "just surface level material," he answers with a dryness that defends his stance on the matter. "but in this day and age it's hard to tell what's common sense and what's insightful wisdom."

her insight on student life brings an evident frown to his face as he tries to deny her accusation with the fresh faces of the student among the front row. most of them seemed attentive but he was too preoccupied with his presentation, and watching the footage to time his comments, to really notice. "i did but i would hope that they would be excited to hear a presentation from such an esteemed guest."

fernando refrains from reaching out to her because despite being alone out here in the hallway, they're in a setting much too public to infringe on their public image. gossip between celebrities are common and fill the tabloids of hoenn magazines but everyone knows better than to believe them. only when pictures surface does the grapevine find longevity.

"how does it feel being back in uni?"

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
tutorial
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 15:43:05 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silpl-LEAGUE"]
[attr="class","silpl"]
[attr="class","silpl-top-1"]

[attr="class","silpl-top"]

[attr="class","silpl-icon"]

[attr="class","silpl-lyric"]in a thousand prisms

[attr="class","silpl-lyric1"]I won’t find the freeness of your form in my own lines

[attr="class","silpl-post"]

there's a shift in her pocket as the mimikyu once again attempts to pop out at the sound of fernando's familiar voice, but again persephone tucks him back in. [break][break]

"i'm sure the majority found at least some reason to listen to you," persephone says almost teasingly, raising a shoulder in a shrug, her gaze appreciative and almost reminiscent of one of his legion of admirers. [break][break]

persephone can't hold it, and the she breaks eye contact after a moment to laugh. [break][break]

"i studied at slateport, so you could say the lilycove campus is comprised of my academic and varsity enemies," she continues easily, narrowing her eyes in defiance for a brief moment before breaking into a smile. their loss in the pokeathlon in her senior year still stung. [break][break]

for what it's worth, at least the atmosphere eases the persistent tension that settled itself in her posture. there's something naive but alive about these spaces, and persephone isn't sure entirely why it touches her as much as it does. [break][break]

"do you have plans for the rest of the day?"

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn"]
[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a"]

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a-1"]
[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-a-img"]

leto the mimikyu

[attr="class","silpl-pkmn-bar"]

[attr="class","silpl-notes"]

[newclass=.silpl]border:solid 3px #363636;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;text-align:justify;color:#aaaaaa;width:294px;padding:50px;margin:35px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top-1]height:90px;width:394px;background-color:#2b2b2b;margin:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-top]height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 40px #2b2b2b;border-left:solid 197px #2b2b2b;border-right:solid 197px transparent;border-bottom:solid 40px transparent;margin:50px -50px -115px -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon]position:relative;z-index:1;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#333333;border:solid 2px #272727;border-radius:100%;border-top:solid 2px #eeeeee;margin:0px auto 15px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-icon img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric]text-align:center;font:30px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-lyric1]text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;font:bold 10px Roboto Condensed;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#595959;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post]font:11px Roboto;padding:25px 0px;line-height:13px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post font]font:bold 15px Roboto;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;padding:0px 3px;letter-spacing:-.5px;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post b]font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:13px;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-post i]color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn]height:44px;margin:0px -6px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a, .silpl-pkmn-b]width:40px;padding:6px 2px;height:32px;text-align:center;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;float:left;margin-right:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a]cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a img]filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-b img]filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1]pointer-events:none;opacity:0;position:absolute;padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;height:25px;margin-top:54px;width:264px;-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.3s ease; -o-transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img]height:65px;width:65px;margin:-20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-img img]max-height:65px;filter:contrast(80%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1]font:bold 15px Roboto;color:#595959;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b]font:bold 15px Roboto;line-height:10px;font-weight:800!important;font-style:italic;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar]margin-left:65px;background-color:#272727;padding:1px;border-radius:3px;margin-top:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-pkmn-bar div]height:5px;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes]padding:15px;border-radius:3px;background-color:#2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-notes div]height:25px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:11px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-lyric, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-ROCKET .silpl-post font]color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-ROCKET .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #716075!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-lyric, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-a-1 h1 b, .silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-post font]color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-pkmn-bar div]background-color:#dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl-LEAGUE .silpl-icon]border-top:solid 2px #dea02c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silpl] }.silpl-pkmn-a:hover + .silpl-pkmn-a-1, .silpl-pkmn-a-1:hover { opacity:1;pointer-events:auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
tutorial
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 19:41:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] persephone's goading doesn't alleviate his worries. hindsight is twenty-twenty and if they can score that well in battle theory, he'll be content. something tells him that's too demanding of a request but his hopes remained undashed. there is potential, unrealized and squandered, but it is there. they only have to take it.

"and now you're expected in both, professor amavi."

fernando lets out a light laugh but side eyes the classroom before returning his gaze back to her. he leans in at her question, cupping his hand against the left side of his lips and against his nose, as if to whisper a secret. "actually, i have a hot date for lunch. she's gorgeous, brilliant, and a prestigious scientist in hoenn. she's a real good kisser too." his grin is in jest but the implication is anything but.