twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
heartlines [ kanto | past ]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:03:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
despite being at the tender age of fifteen, alexander has already long started his training to eventually succeed his father as ceo of devon corporation. for a kid to have such a responsibility fixed to him is sure to make them crumble and crack under the pressure.

but he's doing rather well.

he attributes it to the constant trips he's brought along on. last week it was sinnoh. this week it's back to kanto to visit the silphs.

sitting by himself in the library in silph mansion, he reads a book on legendaries.

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:16:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff"]
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Word travels Alexander is back. Cecilia ignores him the first few days, too caught up between schoolwork and whatever it is she does. She only takes the time to see him when someone mentions he's in the library. It is not too out of her way.

The library is large and expansvie and any effort to sneakis ruined by the creek of the doors. Her face sours and she gives up, pushing them open with more force than needed. Her footsteps feel too loud and it is a reminder of why she hates this room in particular and has always gone out of her way to avoid it.

Cecilia slams her hands down beside Alexander and looks at him.

(She was softer then, more delicate looking and yet somehow sharper edged. Her hair was longer. She was too often covered in bruises. Her knees are splotched in blue and brown and a scratch goes up the back of a leg.)

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:21:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the book tells the tale of ho-oh, a legendary bird whose presence is told to bring good fortune and health. it is written from the perspective of a kimono girl who dances at bell tower. he quite enjoys the read; he's always preferred fiction over non-fiction.

he's too engulfed in his reading to actually notice the creek of the doors. but he's not dumb enough to not notice the obnoxious footsteps that approach him. he sees her coming so no surprise comes when she slams her hand down on the table beside him.

"you are supposed to be quiet in a library. did you know that, cecilia?" 

he's already started to pronounce his words more elegantly, more professionally, as one would expect. he notices another fresh bruise on her arm and sighs.

"where did you get that one from?"

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:32:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] She is too fixated on the way he suddenly talks to bother with rolling her eyes. He sounds sophisticated. Her brows knit together. Will she sound like this one day? Pompous and dull, words spilling from her mouth as if each one had some sort of precious meaning?

He distracts her from her thoughts and criticism, drawing her attention to the deep blue bruise instead. She rubs it; it hurts.

"I don't know. A fight with Stormy, maybe?"

It's new enough that she should know where it came from but Cecilia is good at gaining bruises without any awareness of them being there.

"Did you bring me anything from your trip?" she hums.

[newclass=.igglybuff] width: 350px; padding: 20px; border: 1px solid #272727; background-color: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/3rt55nFV/always-grey.png); margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.igglybuff-wrapper] background:#343434; padding: 30px; font-color: #888; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; border: 1px solid #272727;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:40:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it's so like her to get new bruises and to not even know where she got them from. he rolls his eyes, shakes his head slightly, and turns back to his book.

"you should know."

his sophisticated facade of professionalism doesn't last very long. it breaks with her question. almost stunned, he darts away from the book to look at her, feeling a tinge of guilt rush through him.

"n-no. i didn't think to get anything for you. should i have?"

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:44:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia looks at him with a pointed and decidedly unimpressed stare. Her mouth presses in at the corner before she heaves out a sigh, tearing her eyes away. She grabs the book from him.

"No," she answers, flipping through the pages to lose the one he was on. "But it would have been nice."

The book snaps shut. Cecilia grabs the chair next to him and sits, drawing her legs up to cross in the seat. She holds the book hostage.

"Tell me about Sinnoh."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:48:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he doesn't expect her to simply yoink the book out of his hands but maybe he should have. "hey--" he tries to interject, to stop her from ruining his decent read but it's too late. she flips through the pages and holds the book hostage.

"you're so mean." 

a sigh is an acceptance of defeat. it escapes him as she pulls a chair up next to him. feeling disappointed at himself, he turns to look at her.

"what do you want to know? it's big. and beautiful."

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:50:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] His accusation falls on deaf ears, if only because he's right. She traces her nails over the cover of the book, feeling the slight indents of the leather underneath. She exhales through her nose.

"What a lousy description," Cecilia states. "What did you do there? What sort of things did you see?"

She unwinds a foot to jab her heel into his thigh.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 15:55:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
for such an avid reader of fiction he sure is bad at telling a story. he can feel her exhale and prepares himself to be berated by her. for some reason he accepts it.

"hey it was only lousy becaus--" she jabs her heel into his thigh and he cuts himself off. he sighs.

"we went to jubilife for a little bit. dad had a few meetings he had to go to but after that we went up to snowpoint. it was cold! we skied and i saw a big aba...something snow." 

he brings his arms out wide and extends it to mimic a big monster.

"big ice-type pokemon. i forgot its name."

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 16:02:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] The sharp look on her face begins to soften, eyes rounding as she listens. She follows the stretch of his arms and mimics it, reaching out as far as she can. "Was it really this big?" she asks, doubtful.

The world outside Kanto is still a mystery to her. It is a great expanse she has yet to see and touch and experience and she looks at Alexander with a hunger in her eyes, wanting to consume every bit of knowledge he has to offer.

Her hands drop back into her lap.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 16:06:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it has never occurred to him how lucky he is to be able to travel and experience the world. he doesn't even realize it but the silphs almost never travel. it is part of the reason why the stones are always forced to make the travel to kanto.

"even bigger." 

he appreciates the change in her demeanor. it's not easy to have cecilia wrapped up in a story and be genuinely curious. maybe if he was being more perceptive he'd realize it's because she wants to travel the world and see these things for herself.

"i'll take you someday. maybe our families can go together. we can stay at our inn that has a big fire place. we usually go there for christmas. maybe this year you can join us."

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 19:12:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] She blinks and studies his face, searching for a lie in what he has said. Her hands fidget in her lap. There's a bandaid on one of her fingers. She picks at it.

"You know they don't go places. Dad is too busy for that." The word still fits strange on her tongue.

Cecilia resists the urge to sigh and instead she pushes a curl of near black hair behind her ear, fingers lingering.

"That would be nice," she murmurs. When her hand drops, her hair slips back into her face.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 1:37:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it's only when she makes a comment about it does he remember their situation. his expression mellows, eyes falling. but he's an optimist; the troubles of the world have yet to get to him. he picks up his mood and smiles. 

"maybe i'll ask my dad if we can bring you with us next time. i'm sure he'll say yes if i ask nicely." 

he grabs her hand and stops her from picking at the bandaid.

"does that sound good?"

@cecilia

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 1:43:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","igglybuff-wrapper"] Cecilia flinches against the touch, not because it scares her, but because she has never been fond of it. She relaxes a second after, going as far as laying her other hand on top of Alexander's own. Her nails, bitten short, trace along the side of his palm.

"Don't go out of your way for me," she murmurs, nose crinkling.

The idea sounds nice but Cecilia refuses to entertain it. Nothing good will come of high hopes.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,825 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 1:53:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
like her, alexander flinches at her touch, not because it scares him, but because it surprises him. he had done it almost out of instinct, an urge to get her to stop picking. but with her hand now on top of his he cannot help but smile. 

"i want to. you need to see the world and you can't do that if you're stuck here." 

it feels warm.

"i'll try and show it to you."

@cecilia