awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 1:54:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it's her skin that the flames burn. she is staring upward at the white-haired woman with a kill-devil smile on her face, teeth as sharp as the dragon next to her. and the beast is massive and horrifying and none of it matters because she's burning alive and she knows she's dying and she can't help but scream but it's over because all there is is pain, pain, nothing.

she wakes with a start, breathing hard, fingers making dimpled marks on her forehead, on her chest. she clutches so tightly, feels the pain on her skin, knows that this is real. the blanket over her, the uncomfortable couch beneath her. 

she stands. moonlight filters in from the skylight above and she feels naked, exposed. her pokemon slumber in the dragon's den. moxie is curled beside her, sleeping just as fitfully. 

the book she'd been reading (trying to read) lays on its side on the floor at her feet. she doesn't bother to pick it up. her phone says she'd only been asleep half an hour. 

a record, at this point. 

exhausted, she leaves her ekans to her nightmares, knowing what little rest she gets will do her good. she needs to heal. 

her breath is coming short and she doesn't realize an anxiety attack has come upon her until she's on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor of the kitchen, picking up crumbs because she doesn't know what to do with herself. 

she takes out her phone, punches in a number, hangs up before she can dial, and seethes in frustration. she's wearing her blanket like an oversized cape now, and bundles it over her shoulders as she stands, padding barefoot out into the yard. several paces has her greeting the cliffside of the city.

she can't discern the black water from the rest of the night. and her hands tremble and tears slip down her cheeks and she knows, she knows there's no way for her to come, but still she calls. still she holds the phone to her ear and doesn't know what to say, doesn't know how to ask. until silence greets her and then static and soft breath and she cries, brokenly, 

"please. please, i need you."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 22:05:09 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]
[attr="class","frphoetop"]
[attr="class","frphoeimg"]

[attr="class","frphoetab"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyric"]

WEARING OUR[break]VINTAGE MISERY

NO, I THINK IT LOOKED A LITTLE BETTER ON ME

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotes"]
[attr="class","frphoenotes2"]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetab1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetab2"]

[attr="class","frphoepost1"]
[attr="class","frphoepost2"]
[attr="class","frphoepost3"]

The night has only begun, but her spirit is unsettled. She can't find the urge to sleep, it slips between her fingers like a promise lost to the wind. She has no hope of closing her eyes and waking at dawn.[break][break]

Her thoughts reach to Sootopolis, to a woman she can't reach, to lips she can't kiss, to hands she can't hold. The ever-growing hole that lies in the pit of her stomach becomes too painful to bear, and she abruptly stands up on her perch on the rooftops of some nameless building in the city.[break][break]

It's only then that she realises she has fitfully carried herself to Sootopolis despite her best attempts to stay away. Her own aching need and desire had betrayed her desperate attempt to keep them both safe.[break][break]

Emma is startled, the silence broken by the soft vibration at her hip. Her heart sinks, because some part of her knows who's calling. They had promised to never call unless they had no other choice, only if there was danger.[break][break]

The line goes dead, her phone automatically declining the call. She raises it to her ear just moments before it officially cancels out. She hears the wistful, terrified, lonely words of the woman she loves.[break][break]

'I need you.'[break][break]

That's all it takes to change Emma's mind. She is all it ever took to distract her, to bring her back.[break][break]

From across the city, Hades howls his mournful call. But this time, it's a message to Freya, a sorrowful note of comfort, a promise that Emma is coming.[break][break]

And coming she is.[break][break]

The woman arrives on the grass of Freya's backyard. Her boots sink into the misty, dewy blades of grass. She appears as a shadow in the dim light of the moon, but her breathing is calm and slow.[break][break]

Without speaking, Emma approaches the crying woman, arms wrapping around her torso, pulling her in, comforting her. [break][break]

"I told you to only call in an emergency. But... I can see that it is."[break][break]

She whispers in the silver maiden's ear, squeezing her tight.[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoelyric3"]

HEY, YOUNG BLOOD, DOESN'T IT FEEL LIKE OUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoe table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetop]background-color:#60495a;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimg]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric3]background-color:#60495a;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoepost1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost1 b]10px Roboto;color:#60495a[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetab1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#60495a;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotes]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 14:27:18 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she has no idea where she is. halfway across hoenn? and the not knowing is what frustrates her most, is what has frustrated her most in these past weeks. that she could be anywhere, could be dead in a ditch and freya wouldn't have an ounce of knowledge about it otherwise. 

but then she hears hades' howl and she falls to her knees, slumps to the side. thin fingers pull the oversized blanket tighter and she wraps herself in it, waits and waits and waits as the sea crashes below her. 

she doesn't hear her footsteps. how could she? they're those of a trained assassin. and so she gasps when emma wraps her arms around her from behind. but familiarity hits her; smell and touch and comfort bleed her dry and the elastic wrapped around her budding emotions snaps. she sobs, twists in emma's hold, throws her arms weakly over her shoulders, clasping her neck. 

cheek presses to her chest as tears slick down her face. "i--i can't do it anymore, ems. i can't be strong. i'm not strong. not for this. for--i..."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 19:08:26 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

The blanket squeezes between her fingers, the softness of it foreign. Emma's cheek brushes against Freya's head, the smell of her intoxicating in it's familiarity.[break][break]

It comes as a surprise to see Freya turn around so easily in her arms, and it startles her more that her shirt is now wet with the woman's tears. Her sobs rattle her to the core, they wake up animosity and protectiveness she hadn't known in a long time.[break][break]

Emma sits there on the floor next to her, holding her in her arms so tightly and protectively. Her heart is racing but her breathing is steady, taking in the situation. [break][break]

Hades has also arrived, lingering in the darkness and remaining calm. [break][break]

Freya's words pour over her, her sobs making it difficult to understand. But she listens, because she needs to, because Freya needs her to.[break][break]

"Yes, you can, Freya. You're so strong, my love."[break][break]

She eventually shushes the woman, doing her best to coax her into a state of which she might be able to explain herself. But for the most part, she lets Freya fall apart in her arms. She can be put back together later. She needs this time to collapse and feel something.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoe]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetop]background-color:#60495a;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimg]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoepost3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric3]background-color:#60495a;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoepost1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetab1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#60495a;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetab2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotes]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoe .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 20:33:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]this is what she needs. this is what she's needed since that fateful day in mossdeep. and as she thinks this, she thinks that no, no, she's been a wreck since that day. the secret is a burden in her heart, weighing her down, iron chains wrapping around all the other shit that's come her way. 

it won't be long before she sinks. 

but her fingers curl, fist in emma's shirt, and that weight starts to lift. comfort, love--these are what ground her. and she lets herself feel it, lets herself feel all of it as emma murmurs the impossible. 

she sucks in a breath. "w-we used to--to talk about it. righting wrongs, pun-punishing...bad people."

she steels herself, pulls back so she can look emma in the eyes. "look what it's done to me. i'm supposed to be strong, emma, but i couldn't control myself. first moxie and then lyune and things are just," and her throat tightens and tears start to flow again and she says, hoarsely, "they're all falling apart."

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 21:42:22 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

Freya's hold on her shirt is tight, but she doesn't fit it. She merely allows herself to be pulled, to give her the resistance she needs to hold herself together. [break][break]

And when she pulls away, tears streaking pathways of pain down her face, Emma's cold exterior seems to crumble. The old, softer, less stoic Emma comes out of it's shell. She's vulnerable in Freya's arms, she always has been.[break][break]

Her hands find the side of Freya's face, her thumb whisking away warm tears before dropping back to hold onto her arm, her squeeze compassionate, a promise that's she's here and shes listening.[break][break]

But her eyes narrow and fill with sadness and what might be considered regret or sorrow, like something is haunting her.[break][break]

"Yes, we did."[break][break]

Freya continues, forcing her voice to be strong. Emma remains silent and still, pulling apart her words and trying to understand them, to understand her pain.[break][break]

"What happened, Freya? You can talk to me, I'll understand." [break][break]

More tears fall from the woman's face, but she doesn't move to wipe them away again.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 15:48:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]without freya's warmth beside her, moxie wakes. the ekans panics, at first, but knows that her trainer couldn't have gone far. so she slithers off the couch and down the stairs. the house is too quiet, too cold, without the warmth of draconic bodies slumbering around her. 

grass tickles her belly and freya's fire-scent (she's smelled different, ever since that day in mossdeep) is carried on the air. she raises her head, locks her one-eyed gaze with freya. 

and freya draws back, holds out an arm past emma. moxie slithers up her arm and circles around her neck. her injured eye is still covered with a thick layer of gauze. 

freya wipes her own tears away and listens to the grass sway, the ocean crash. she wants her voice to sound strong, to ring true with conviction, but her words warble. she sounds weak, small, lost

"i killed someone, emma. i killed a woman for what she did to me."

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
consumed [c]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2019 14:48:21 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoe"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

808 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

mission details

Emma stiffens responsively when she hears the quiet noise of something moving behind her. It's second nature, a predators instinct. Her eyes grow dark and wary as she glances over her shoulder, only for her to relax again as Freya reaches out her arm for the Ekans.[break][break]

She notices the gauze wrapped around the Pokemon's eye, how could she not? It stinks of antibiotics fighting infection. Her nose crinkles and she searches Freya's face for answers. [break][break]

Instinctively, Emma also wipes away Freya's tears, her thumb soft as it smooths across her cheek again.[break][break]

What Freya says next surprises her, and she takes a breath, reading her emotions and calculating her next response. Emma was the killer, not Freya. She had never wanted Freya to be involved in the horrors she experienced and dealt every day.[break][break]

"What did she do to you?"[break][break]

Despite her confession, Emma doesn't immediately assume the woman she loves is a criminal, the type of monster she hunts. The pain, the anguish, the guilt Freya seems to express immediately discounts any suggestion the woman is evil.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES