evelyn silph
i'm home [ invite | fernando ]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 9:14:58 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[attr="class","starrybase"]
[attr="class","leavestop"]
[attr="class","starrytop2"]
but i'm not afraid of love

[attr="class","leavestext"]her hair was placed within a "half-up, half-down" style, it was that of a princess. within her hair one could see a black bow atop. her long hair followed behind, many watching and recognizing evelyn as the sister of , a sensational internet artist who'd been quiet for sometime, and proclaimed beauty of hoenn. with her walk toward the building with which resided as the league's office, she made her triumphant return. she adorned a juliet lattice fit and flare slip in evergreen dress. each step taken one could see, upon her footwear, that she adorned a pair of black ankle boots. a black belt could be seen slouching diagonally where, around it, she possessed six pokeballs upon the front.

evelyn stood outside of the league's building. entering, the woman at the desk knew just whom she exactly was. she was stunned. surprised to see the crimson beauty. with a gentle smile, she'd ask, "would you please contact my brother and tell him 'evelyn silph' has arrived." she had much to discuss with him. a meeting which was planned after the defeat of .

evelyn, suddenly, heard her new song upon the receptionist's radio. "oh..." her new debut single. a tribute song to her brother. though, she doubt he heard the song, at least that's what she assumed. anyway, she awaited for his arrival for the time being.

[attr="class","ooc"][attr="class","fa fa-heartbeat"]
[attr="class","ooc"]
i keep my promises.
[attr="class","himestarcreds"]©KOJIHIME

[GoogleFont=Raleway|Ubuntu|Roboto|Montserrat]
[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/8K2NK0J/ezgif-2-e8d82101def7.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext b]color:#f07777;font:bold 11px arial[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:655px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 9:43:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "mister silph? your sister is here. u-uh, the 'good one', i think."

fernando lets out a heavy sigh as his work is interrupted for the umptheeth time today. the fall of rocket proved more trouble then when rocket was at its prime. the paperwork, the reports, especially the reports which required him to list out the events in detail with nothing more than his memory to rely on. the news of evelyn's arrival sparks joy for him but the pressure of his terrible work life balance turns it into nothing more than another errand.

"cila, play 'not afraid'."

fernando has almost no hand in the production of songbird's music. however, he knows of it and puts a heavy pressure on it from his position as the off-hand ceo. he gets the gears turning and her music is used to both liven up the region and allow the transition of news to shift toward more light-hearted events. the mantine surf competition comes to mind and fernando crinkles his nose at the thought of competing.

fernando presses the button on his intercom, "send her in. tell her i'm sprucing things up to go." that allows him to buy some time to emphasize his enthusiasm. his office fills out with the sound of her new song and fernando tries to get into the rhythm of the music's beats. he takes a look in the mirror and tries his best to fix his resting bitch face, unable to do more than smile a little brighter while looking infinitely more creepy. the rugged edges of his face don't fit such expression and he gives up on it after a few minutes of failure.

he waits for the door open and to see a face he's seen much too little of during his time in hoenn.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 9:58:11 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]the door opened.

the first thing evelyn took notice of upon entry was his attempt to 'try' and expunge the usual expression exhibited upon his face. the songstress would simply let out a slight chuckle. "it's nice of you to try, but smiling just isn't your thing." it made him look evil. maybe this is the reason why people thought of the eldest silph to be scary and a potential threat. he practically never showed any sign of being evil vocally or physically in actions. if anything, the only thing evil about fernando was his attempt at smiling, lock him up and throwaway the keys immediately because that smile is guilty as charged.

"i know you're a busy man, so i won't have you for too long." she looked to the side. brushing a strand of her behind her ear upon listening to the music. he was actually listening to her song, how embarrassing. the girl who once saw herself as nothing more than a doll became, though slightly, more animated. "i'm thinking of returning to the league officially, but..." reinstatement didn't very much interest her. plus, many still saw her as a traitor and it would take time for her to earn the trust of her comrades. "...i don't think it's the right time. silas being gone is still too fresh." besides, she had other things she wanted to do then play "supergirl".

"i think i want to focus on my music career. plus, i liked being free from control or rules. it felt nice being a free bird." she'd walk over to the window. a hand gently pressed against the wall of glass that which separated fernando's world and the outside of world. "maybe i'll start my newfound freedom by getting into pokemon contests, maybe become a vigilante." evelyn giggled, turning back toward , "i did enjoy the name 'songbird'." a superheroine.

"or maybe explore the region. and did inspire me to explore the mysteries of this world. there's so much to do yet so little time...." it was difficult deciding on what to do now that she was no longer on the front lines. and then there was that other thing plaguing the back of her mind, such as the discovery of her birth father. for now she didn't wanna throw too much at , she wanted to enjoy their time together. a nice chat was all she wanted.

[attr="class","ooc"]
i keep my promises.

[newclass=.starrybase]width:450px;background-color:#111111;border:1px solid #212121;padding:10px 10px 20px 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestop]width:470px;height:113px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/8K2NK0J/ezgif-2-e8d82101def7.gif);margin:-14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starrytop2]width:428px;min-height:100px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border:1px solid #444444;margin:-50px 10px 0 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext]margin:5px 10px 0px 0px;color:#efefef;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:10px;padding:20px;line-height:12.5px;color:#d7d7d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.leavestext a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc a]font-family:ubuntu;font-size:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#fff!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ooc b]color:#aaa;font-family:ubuntu;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.himestarcreds]width:655px;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;margin-top:2px;font-family:Ubuntu;font-size:6pt;color:#dcdcdc;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 8:52:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] songbird's assessment is accurate and fernando drops the charade instantaneously. the way his face relaxes allows it to contort back into his signature shade, features sharp against the ridge of his cheek bones and brows. "so i've been told," he answers with a faux attempt of sounding dejected. well, at least she noticed.

"take your time." fernando doesn't have to hear her explanation to accept her choice. as difficult as a task it was, songbird played an instrumental part in aiding him in conquering hoenn, even if she was unaware. rocket's influence on hoenn helped shaped its politics and from it is the perfect opportunity for him to situation himself smack dab in the middle of it. yes, it costed him time, money, and undoubtable effort, but the results are strewn around him.

"whatever your choice, just be safe, evelyn. i support you."

fernando stares at her with a contemplativeness that's been bearing down on him more often since team rocket's disbandment. his conversation with @nash comes to mind and somehow he still remembers her bit about escaping off into the unknown. such a life still is impossible for the infamous silph but it does give him an idea.

"eve, i'm thinking about retiring from the council and returning to silph co."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 9:52:05 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]"retiring?" stepping away from the window. she'd blink in shock. "the league does have its fair share of issues. i mean, told me how there was a 'self-proclaimed queen' roaming about hoenn. i heard that she had a coronation." an event she would've been intrigued to be apart of. evelyn would come to cross her arms together.

"there's a lot of rumors going around about some of the gym leaders, if not all. hoenn's in a predicament, but since when do you allow a situation effect your want to quit something so easily fixable?" it was an unexpected surprised. to see her brother wanting to step down from a highly earned position. there must have been some reason. "with the fall of rocket, you, aside from dahlia, are probably the only person qualified to hold the council together. if you leave dahlia with the current group..." she'd look off to the side, thinking about the potential infighting that could occur.

"...look, you're their leader big brother. there's no denying that. are you sure you wanna go through with this?" evelyn questioned.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tbh, she's only assuming you're the leader. she don't really know much about the others, just rumors in the wind.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 18:27:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] she's right. not just factually but also in the way she approaches him with her answer. there's a reason fernando places his trust in her despite everything they've been through. sometimes he needs validation, some smidget of approval from someone that he trusts. yes, results are the only things that matter but even he is human. he will strive for improvement, to mold the world in his image of a better place, but the burdens will eventually split him into pieces. his heart is strong but his body is growing progressively weak. the jirachi incident still keeps him unsettled, needing someone like songbird to coax him with compassion and a firm ground in reality.

her answer relieves his troubled heart.

project avalon will continue however in what manner, he does not know. not yet.

"you're not wrong but that's no longer my problem."

fernando stands erect, hands nestled behind his back and clasped together.

"i joined the council to fix hoenn after we went through slateport. team rocket has been eliminated and my job is theoretically done."

he pauses.

"a public position of power has its limitations. we are held to a higher standard and more often than not that limits what i can do. it no longer becomes what should i do or what needs to be done. it becomes what do they want and what they want is often counter productive. i can do more as a private citizen, beholden with the merits of my exploits as council member, to change hoenn for the better."

fernando's still not convinced but that's his initial thought, the basis of his plan.

"at least, that's what i'm thinking."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2019 22:35:50 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]how troublesome. it would seem his heart was truly dazed by such a decision. he had quite a lot on his plate. "okay, i agree." she supported his decision. "silas is gone. though there are remnants of rocket, they'll be easy to clean up." plus, she still had a few others she needed to help that are lost without rocket.

what could she do for them? only time would tell. for now, she'd continue on, "i think it's time you lift some burden off of you. you served your purpose, dahlia can handle the rest. they have councilman kim or councilwoman freya, they'd do wonderful at serving as the face of the councils in your stead." whispers in the wind to evelyn, she believed the council would be in good hands from here on out.

but it made her wonder, "what about stormy? with you out of office, will she be able to retain her position as gym leader? you did, after all, pull some strings to get her that job due to an incident." there must have been better qualified people. though it'd been sometime since she saw the youngest silph, it made evelyn wonder just would become of her. would the new council member in fernando's place rescind the title of 'lavaridge gym leader' from her?

[attr="class","ooc"]
i wrote this on little to no sleep.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 0:03:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "i suppose it's overdue. i just have a hard time letting go. the last thing i want is for everything i've put together to come undone."

that's only half true but even fernando has some secrets he keeps personal. not even songbird has the entirety of his trust. some things are best left unsaid until confronted. she isn't sure what she'd make of his plans. in that regard, he'll keep it to his grave, much like the orchestrated deaths of his—their parents.

"bronwen," he pauses again, not purposeful, but because what comes out next feels vile against his tongue. he almost cannot believe the words about to come out of his mouth. "bronwen is capable in her own right. hotheaded, stupid, rash, but devote and willing to do better in her heart. unfortunately, that doesn't amount to much but i see potential, no matter how far she may have to dig. no one in the upper echelon has the balls or the reason to oust her. not as she is now."

he smiles, if only because stormy represents a sprout among the dusty ruins of slateport. they can rebuild and they can become better.

"it helps that the populace is not very able as a whole. strength is relative, after all."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 8:58:31 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]"still foolhardy as ever." she wondered if he'd be stepping down today. "do you plan on stepping down today?" awaiting an answer. she, too, thought about the many who would miss him. he was loved and worshiped by many. more than the commissioner.

"it's to keep a partnership with the league. you never know when they'll need their dark knight." she teased, taking note of what had been written within the news article. "maybe it's not all bad playing a superhero." a finger pressed against her chin as she'd look up to the ceiling, "maybe i might take it up as a hobby." a slight scoff, "but then again playing the 'cool dark heroine' doesn't suit my taste. that's more your thing, dark knight." a finger pressed against her lip, she'd wink toward her brother. it was as if she were saying 'mum's the word'.

"i wonder though, how will everyone take your leave..." evelyn pondered.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 8:08:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "perhaps but i have no intention of retiring just yet. i'll mull over it."

a weighted sigh heaves from his chest and fernando allows the idea to ferment inside. having announced it aloud fill him with regret but his term has been eventful. there's still much to be done but none of it requires the rank of council any more. and, more importantly, none of it requires him to labor for an ungrateful populace that detracts him from the people he should care about.

"i'm not the hero they want, eve, nor am i the hero they need. that's a mantle best saved for someone less intimidating."

his frown settles and fernando removes himself from behind his desk to join her. his walk is slow and purposeful, heavy with pervasive thoughts. "just be safe. i think the most important thing for me is to double down and try to find myself." that frown doesn't last long, a smile peeking out from the corners of his mouth. "but when have i cared about the opinion of others? as long as i have the approval of those that i care about, that's enough."

"so what will it be, eve?"

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 8:47:41 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]"now you're just being modest." she stated, rolling her eyes. "you just need to learn how to smile more. maybe people wouldn't be so afraid to approach you. i mean, you do give off an unapproachable aura." and then there was his way of speaking, "and don't even get me started on your mannerisms. honestly, sometimes i worry that you forget to eat because you're stuck within a 'serious mode'." it her life uneasy when it came to worrying about fernando's social life. having a strong work ethic is great, it's what many crave and strive for. but there is such a thing as overworking yourself.

it was as if he needed to be told that it was okay to take breaks. "find yourself?" and then he gave a curving smile. she'd chuckle, "you're not wrong about that. worrying about the opinions of others just doesn't suit you!" she said, smiling softly. but then he caught her off guard with that question, "eh?" she blinked, the tips of her finger gently inched ways from her lips.

"what am i going to do now?" well, that was obvious. he probably wouldn't like it, but she wanted to remain as a rocket spy; although, also, wanting to get back to her life as well. "i want..." to become a coordinator? to continue singing? to explore the mysteries of this region? "there's so much i want to do. there's so much that i have to do. i don't know exactly..." there were remnants within rocket who didn't belong there. people like who were innocently mischievous, who genuinely cared about her research and pokemon, her father @sinner and many others she'd yet to meet or couldn't remember off the top of her head.

"i feel like it's my duty to close the gap between the people in this region. it's always been my want for eternal peace within hoenn. i advocate that through my music--through singing. i want to protect this region, its pokemon, its history, its lore, i want to become a beacon of light for those who're weak. i've been behind the scenes so long, watching from afar that i don't...i feel like i've let people down..." a hand was placed over her heart. her head was lowered, her expression overcame with sudden sadness.

in the end she didn't want to come back home, not fully when there were those still without and lost. "how can i live so carefree when there are people still endanger..." she spoke with a soft tone.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 3:40:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"habits are hard to break. forcing it hurts more than it helps." fernando sits on that thought, considering whether to add another comment. he relents, whispering something barely audible. "i try to save it for those that matter." it's sappy, and mostly untrue, but there's a tenderness he portrays for those he tries to wrap around his finger. it's warped since they were kids, cemented in fact, but devolving into something more menacing and controlling. it's subtle but effective.

"do what you must then, eve. if you should need my help you know where to find me."

he places a hand on her shoulder, light, gentle on purpose to avoid applying any pressure. the burdens of her past and future already weigh heavily enough. instead, he allows her to settle and find her own path. having bore through his own path, fernando knows the price well, set on divvying it up among those who've fallen for his well place facade. his smile is genuine both out of concern and unscrupulous. songbird may have left her cage but she still sings for her master.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2019 7:59:31 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]it warmed her heart to know that she had fernando to rely on. "i should be the one saying that." but she was a big girl, and he a big boy. they were capable of relying upon themselves. they were able to watch their own backs. it was their siblings who needed tem more than they each other.

"mm, there is one thing i'd like to do, someday...maybe not now right now." cheeks a rose-tinted hue, evelyn's eyes looked downward. "aside from a celebratory event for hoenn's peaceful times with the disbandment of rocket. i think..." her back was turned upon fernando. thinking about a certain someone, "...i'd maybe like to try my hand at dating sometime." hands covered her cheeks as she spoke her thoughts aloud. "there's a certain someone i think...i think i might have feelings for. i don't know if they're actual feelings, but..." they were something she never felt before.

"i know that they're important to me. but i don't think i'm a great fit for them." covering her face. she thought about half the times she was a bit rude, mean, and unladylike. to be honest, she didn't even know what his type was. but, nonetheless, she, too, was a girl. and it was normal to have such feelings. but they were feelings she could never admit. why was she eve telling fernando this? "do you think i'm in love with that person? how do i know if i'm in love? is this love or do i just strongly like them as a friend?! or maybe i'm ill!" if she were a caboose steam would be expelling from her ears right now. she continually grew redder and redder in the cheeks.

[attr="class","ooc"]
i don't know what i just wrote.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 7:30:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] the mood dies when evelyn mentions the thought of dating someone. fernando makes no comment on it because it's an awkward topic that even he cannot address. the thought of committing to someone, to share a bond that follows the societal norms of intimacy with a regard of concern and openness is a foreign concept to him. the closest thing he had to love was elysia and persephone and even that is a warped relationships built on a castle of glass.

"well," fernando pauses, unsure. sometimes the best advice is the most general one. "as long as you like them and they like you back and treat you well, it shouldn't be that much of an issue. you're a silph, after all." and then evelyn went off the deep end.

fernando stares at her, blank and unable to be of any real use. talking about feelings and things of this nature is something only reserved for . things he has no knack for become infinitely easier to express around her. it must be the lock she has on his heart.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2019 8:22:25 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar

[attr="class","leavestext"]"of course asking you was probably a mistake, what a response to give." she'd chuckle, it was natural. she expected him to say as much. it's not like he was in a relationship or anything. fernando? dating? preposterous, unheard of in all honesty. she'd have heard about it or something. if she were to find out she'd be surprised that the media isn't covering it. it'd definitely be something worth becoming a scandal.

"we need to find you a lover!" turning around, she'd bring forth the tips of her fingers together. "maybe that'll help you lessen that cold stare of yours." thinking about it, fernando finding a girlfriend was all but a dream. "and then marriage..." she daydreamed at the thought of her brother having a wedding. "of course, such a fleeting dream. as if you'd actually take the chance to settle down with a girl." evelyn, once more, chuckled at her brother being an actual human being.

such a silly thought.

[attr="class","ooc"]
i don't know what i just wrote.