benjamin's plotter

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
benjamin's plotter
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 19:51:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sps"]
[attr="class","spsimg"]

[attr="class","spslyric"]

NURTURE A FLAME AND RAISE IT TO A BLAZE THAT ON THE CLEAREST NIGHT CAN BE SEEN FOREVER

[attr="class","spstop"]
[attr="class","spstop2"]

[attr="class","spsname"]BENJAMIN ROSCOE

[attr="class","spsbot"]
[PTabbedContent]
[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]ABOUT
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

[attr="class","spsabout1"]TWENTY-EIGHT

[attr="class","spsabout1"]HE / HIM

[attr="class","spsabout1"]FEMALE PREF

[attr="class","spsabout1"]LEAGUE AFF

[attr="class","spsabout1"]RANGER

[attr="class","spsabout1"]FIRE & RESCUE

[attr="class","spsabout1"]SINGLE

[attr="class","spsblurb"]

Joining the rangers as soon as he was legally able to enlist, Benjamin has been dedicated to the cause ever since, his decision allowing him to turn his life around from a lineage which had previously offered him little success or future. For a long time he was an average ranger however a few years ago he was requested to join a different department within the organisation that focuses on fire and rescue based missions, ranging from natural disaster rescues and taming infernos. He was stationed within Lavaridge for training and general service of the immediate community for two years, before Team Rocket descended upon Hoenn and he was required to broaden his mission range, spending more time out of the town and being wherever he was needed.[break][break]

Despite distancing himself from his family, he’s still inherited a coarse attitude thanks to the rugged environment that he was raised in, often acting rougher around the edges than he intends. His words may be somewhat unrefined and he has a sternness to him, his general demeanour coming across blunt or constantly disapproving, however he has an instinctual drive to protect and do good for his home region. Despite not being very up to scratch or concerned with politics, being a straightforward kind of man, his intentions when it comes to his job are always serious and once he’s set his mind on something, Benjamin sees it through with a quietly passionate stubbornness. He's dedicated to his job as a ranger to the fault of being borderline workaholic.[break][break]

If he's not currently out on a job nor on duty at a particular base, you'll often find Benjamin in his Lavaridge Town residence. He's not one to sit around resting however and if you try to find him on his days off, you'll probably stumble across him doing extensive workout routines or keeping himself busy with outdoorsy pastimes or jobs.

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;color:#ffffff;padding:0px!important;margin:-3px;text-align:justify;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]FRIENDS
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

Despite having a prickly exterior and generally sticking his foot in his mouth at times, Benjamin means well and is a passionate, loyal man who is just trying to do right in the world. For himself and the region. [break][break]

Generally wearing a frown on his face, Benjamin relaxes around those he considers his friends and even if he isn’t the most talkative out of the bunch, with him as a friend you will definitely gain a loyal companion who can be quite protective, being more than the type to do what he can to look after those he cares for. He tends to gravitate towards those who are a little more down to earth and able to keep up with him and not drawn to drama – even if that means they aren’t afraid to tell him he’s being an ass. [break][break]

Admittedly, he’s a little bit of a team dad kind of guy and probably has some younger rangers he is, secretly, proud of and encourages in his own (slightly stern) way. [break][break]

Although he isn’t exactly mister joker or life of the party, when he is relaxed around people, he feels comfortable enough he is a bit of a deadpan-snarker, even if it is just pointing out the obvious in blunt fashion. He has a bit of competitiveness running in his blood, too and is quite fond of sports or games which include some light-hearted challenge verses his companions. Innocent trash talk included. [break][break]

Being open about his vulnerabilities is not something that comes naturally to him, even if you are his friends, however he is more willing to be a little more responsive when these people show their concern or care. He’s often comforted by just being around these nearest and dearest people, so just hanging out and keeping his mind off things is greatly appreciated. If he does try to talk about things then he just tends to get a little awkward, ramble or blurt things out in frustration.

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;color:#ffffff;padding:0px!important;margin:-3px;text-align:justify;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]ENEMIES
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

A straightforward man, he is not really one for mind or political games, not reacting well to those that attempt to dance around him or lie to his face. If there is a problem then he’ll want you to address it, much as he would call you out on it, too. He’s got no patience or tolerance for that schtick where you say that nothing is wrong when you’re clearly ignoring him. This results in him sometimes outright bypassing social cues to stay away as he hates the unnecessary tension, especially if you're someone he has to interact with frequently, preferring to challenge the issue rather than let it stew. This behaviour often aggravates those on the receiving end of his bluntness, as Benjamin is not exactly the mastermind of tact nor grace. If you're nobody to him then Benjamin, although he will challenge if he can sense a threat, is more likely to not bother interacting save for warning glares to stay away. [break][break]

Although not necessarily hot-headed, being able to keep a levelheadedness when it matters despite appearances, Benjamin has the ability to be. He’s easily annoyed and is very much so that guy who looks ‘100% done with your shit’ most of the time, wearing a frown like its going out of fashion. He comes across as quite stern and grumpy on a general basis but when pushed past his limits, when he’s faced off against a situation or a person that pushes him to a point that can’t be resolved quite as simply as bringing it out in the open, he has a tendency to raise his voice and come across as aggressive. Thanks to his size, this can undeniably makes him a little scary. [break][break]

He has a tendency, especially on the job, to be a little serious and absorbed in his work. Most of the time this isn't exactly intentional but he can come across a little bit stiff or prickly. Like a cactus. A cactus who just wants to do a good job and breathes his career as nourishment. [break][break]

Not really worth mentioning but obviously he isn't going to be a fan of Rockets and those people who are general scum or endanger the lives of others. Even if they do keep him in a job.

[PTab=
[attr="class","spstab"]LOVERS
]
[attr="class","sps2"]

Although he has had a few relationships in the past, all of them have ended barely a few months in, never getting the chance to become anything serious. This is because Benjamin is more or less married to his job, his passion and commitment often leaving little room for romance to properly flourish. Almost every single one of them falling apart due to his inability to put his partners first. [break][break]

That being said he’s never actively searched for a lover, his experiences often happening by chance or agreed to following a flicker of interest, coming together by a base level of attraction that tends to be snuffed out before it has a chance to go anywhere. As a teenager he was busy focusing on just getting by and then, once finding his place in the rangers, he finally felt good enough about himself and his prospects to consider a future there. He feels worthy of his position in the world now, part of the reason why he’s so dedicated to the rangers, but that sentiment is not so true when it comes to love. He’s not ready or confident to consider a future with someone else added in just yet. [break][break]

Chances are the people that he comes to have romantic connections with are from the same environments as he is, due to him being absorbed in work, there are little other opportunities for him to interact. He’s a little bit awkward when it comes to the more romantic stuff and he doesn’t like being vulnerable (to the point he just doesn’t bother trying which is easy when you haven’t been in love enough to get that deep before) but he makes up for it in being straightforward or with actions. He leans towards people who can keep him on his toes a little, who can challenge and match him but he doesn’t know yet, or even think about, who would be his best suited life companion. [break][break]

Admittedly that someone would probably have to be able to equal parts ensure him he is a good enough partner and that he is so much more than just a ranger. That he has worth and possibilities elsewhere which, in turn, may allow him to release his dependent hold on his job by just a little. He has a lot more great things about himself to offer than work, after all. Even if he doesn't know it himself.

[/PTabbedContent={border-width:0;padding:0px!important;width:366px;background-color:transparent;margin:-62px 22px -3px 22px;}]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=VT323]
[googlefont=Inconsolata]
[newclass=.sps]width:600px;background-color:#222222;color:#bbbbbb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsimg]height:400px;width:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spslyric]border:solid 1px #ffffff;padding:14px;font:10px Inconsolata;color:#ffffff;text-align:justify;line-height:10px;position:relative;z-index:1;margin:25px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.65);[/newclass]
[newclass=.spstop]background-color:#ae2c3a;padding:25px;padding-bottom:65px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spstop2]background-color:#ffffff;height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsname]background-color:#ae2c3a;color:#ffffff;height:25px;margin-top:-25px;position:relative;z-index:1;float:left;font:40px VT323;line-height:25px;letter-spacing:-1.5px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spstab]margin:-3px;border:solid 1px #ffffff;color:#ffffff;font:11px Inconsolata;line-height:10px;padding:9px;position:absolute;width:60px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps2]height:235px;width:350px;padding:25px;margin:42px 0px 0px -22px;position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsabout1]text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:10px;font:11px Inconsolata;line-height:9px;text-align:right;padding:10px;background-color:#191919;color:#aaaaaa;margin-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb]height:235px;padding-right:5px;overflow:auto;color:#aaaaaa;text-align:justify;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb b]color:#ae2c3a;font:11px Inconsolata;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #ae2c3a;border:0px;border-left:solid 5px #222222;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spsblurb::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 6px;background: transparent;border:0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.sps .PT_table .PT_tabs]background:transparent;margin-bottom:20px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;width:58px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0);opacity:.2;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sps .PT_tabs_selected_hover]background:transparent;color:#ffffff;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;text-shadow:2px 2px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.2);opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sps .PT_tabs_hover]background:transparent;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0);opacity:.2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sps .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]background:transparent;color:#ffffff;line-height:20px;font-size:20px;text-align:center;width:58px;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;text-align:center;text-shadow:2px 2px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.2);opacity:1;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
benjamin's plotter
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2019 22:39:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@benjamin + @inari » so i mentioned a bit of this in discord but it's possible benjamin did some training/mentoring type stuff with inari a couple years ago. that aside, i think these two would get along REALLY well because they're very similar?? inari has a very gruff way about him mostly due to his lack of social skill and general discomfort with dealing with people. i'm pretty sure the two of them probably stand on the side like 😒

benjamin + @bryony » dad her. bryony's a shy young lady from johto who grew up in blackthorne and in seclusion. she's only recently come to hoenn for some personal reasons. bryony's biggest thing is her lack of confidence and overall weak disposition. she's physically frail and prone to tiring out but has a bad habit of pushing herself way too hard.

she's very sweet though and has a natural tendency to care for others. her family excels in medicines and bryony knows a lot about potions and the like.

if ur mean to her she might look ready to cry

i think these two could just b rly cute!!

benjamin + @kingsley they're the same age and complete opposites. kingsley is laid back and rarely serious with little ambition. he's from kanto originally because apparently none of my characters can be from hoenn.

anyways he'll be here to tease and poke fun @ ben and maybe in the future have a dramatic duel
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
benjamin's plotter
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 20:02:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@benjamin + @inari » yes! i loved the idea of these two getting to know one another through the rangers, with ben perhaps helping out with inari's initial training when he was a rookie and then them just remaining friends since. both are outdoorsy, too, so i'm picturing that when they do hang out together outside of work perhaps its often with kind of rustic pastimes like hiking, bumming out in a cabin somewhere and generally being like an old married couple. an old married couple who judges everyone else and shakes their heads in dissaproval on the sidelines. ben isn't as uncomfortable at interacting with others as inari is but he isn't exactly a social bean, either. i imagine them both appreciating each other's company, since neither are overbearing and would totally be comfortable chilling in silence? <3

@benjamin + @bryony » she is now the daughter. adopting right now. signed on the dotted line.

bryony sounds so sweet and ben would totally be triggered in wanting to protect and make sure she's doing alright. he really understands her lack of confidence in her self worth, as well as that ability to push yourself too hard. i can imagine him, even if he is prone to doing the same things, reminding her to not push it or encouraging her to rest in his own grumpy way. hypocritical? maybe. but this girl deserves to rest and be happy!

i can also imagine him accidently making her upset and then he gets kind of awkward muttering-rambling that he didn't mean it and to shut up - oh whoops, i mean, pls dont cry i didnt mean it. here wear my fireman hat kiddo.

@benjamin + @kingsley » NOW THIS IS INTERESTING. from what i can gather, kingsley is from a bit of a rough childhood, too. however where ben found purpose in the rangers, kingsley has drifted into the rockets. they're opposite but also not?? and that can make for some cool dynamics because its the case of 'i could have been you' and they get it but also think each other is an ass and omg dramatic duels. kinglsey being a tease and ben letting his fire show. i'm down for this!

@benjamin + @cecilia » b-b-bonus round! i don't have anything solid but i have a vision of ben being forced to climb a tree to rescue one of cecilia's beloved cats. then hilarity ensues! like he gets stuck up there/falls down/the cat jumps down on its own after scratching his hands up. the good stuff. *thumbs up*