challenge one [ gym ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 16:29:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a bustling city such as mauville is super easy to get lost in but thankfully he comes prepared. he is sat on a bench by the side of a road with a large unfolded map that is far too big for him but somehow he's managing to hold it upright. he stares at it with wide eyes, tracing the roads until he reaches his destination.

"there." 

ace slowly folds his map and slides it back into his fanny pack. he shifts forward off the bench and stands. he feels something crawling up his back but he doesn't seem to mind it. out from his jacket pops a furret!

"i thought i lost you there, socks. are you comfortable?" the normal-type nods as he rests on ace's one shoulder, his tail looping around his trainer's neck. "okay because we're almost there." 

soon, they enter the mauville gym.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 10:55:43 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait yawned as she was in the midst of suffering through yet another debrief that had been administered by her hypno, the white-maned pokemon having informed her that all was well within the confines of her forest. everyone's personal needs were being catered to and there was a tentative peace between the lot of them.

'it's good to know,' she thought. 'but hypno's always so dull about it.' 

her psychic lacked the motivation to spice up her frequent retellings of recent events. she droned on - which forced cait to focus on each and every word less her mind grow numb with boredom. 

- ah, yes, - hypno drawled. - there's also a young man making his way through your maze. - 

cait immediately perked up.

"
a challenger? well, i really should greet them.

- but i haven't finished telling you about the updated feeding schedules, mistress alfric. - 

"
right," cait said, waving her hand in a gesture of dismissal. "i'll hear about it later. i should really make my way over now. i can't just keep him waiting."

hypno appeared slightly miffed as her mistress made her exit, cait having happily approached and mounted the stone field some distance away from the psychic when granted a decent enough excuse to do so. 

'thank the gods,' she thought, scanning the field. 'i was about to fall asleep.'  

@ace
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2019 15:25:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
ace is in literal (not really) awe as he takes in the beauty of the gym. "look at that." he points to a piece of technology that helps regulate the artificial ecosystem. "and that." he points to a red flower of some sorts that have unusually long petals that curl upwards. he visibly wows as he closely examines it, face hovering only mere inches from it.

every now and then he glances around the room to make sure no one's watching him and only when he's sure it's safe will he snap a quick picture with his semi-outdated phone. it functions fine, has a touch screen and camera, and makes calls, so that's all he really needs.

through the maze he goes and soon he steps through the exit on the other end. he's greeted by the sight of a circular stone field and standing on it is someone with green hair. he stops, freezes, then it clicks in his head.

"oh! you're the gym leader. cait, right?" he takes a step forward and unzips his fanny pack to pull out a book of sorts. "i read about you in this guide that i found on the city. it's been really helpful, it even has a map." 

stopping himself from getting sidetracked even further, he clicks his tongue as he nears her. he regards her with a gentle smile, though a look of anxiety washes over him as he speaks again.

"i also read about your gym and the rules." his grip around the guidebook tightens a bit. "are there exceptions? the three-on-three rule to be particular. see," he gestures up to the furret sitting on his shoulder. "socks doesn't really battle. at all. so i was hoping i could do a...two-on-two instead."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2019 3:38:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

she blinked at the young man, noting his youthful features as well as his meager height.

'a fresh-faced trainer,' she identified, pleasantly surprised. 

they weren't common nowadays, the more experienced folk having taken to challenging the gyms as opposed to those who had only just began their respective journeys. 

'times are changing for the better.'

cait grinned warmly in response to his simple request.  

"
a double battle then," she suggested. "there will be a grand total of four pokemon out on the field. two per trainer. would this make for an agreeable arrangement?

@ace
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 15:45:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
his expression lights up in glee at her words, smiling brightly as he quickly tucks the guidebook back into his fanny pack. "yes! thank you very much, miss cait alfric." while in there he fumbles around for two more pokeballs and pulls them out. he clicks them open and calls out his two choices.

the burst of white scared him a bit but he manages to stand his ground. he watches as his chansey and doduo materialize in front of him. nurse the chansey is quick to take in her surroundings before lunging at ace to give him a warm hug.

"n-not now, nurse! we're about to battle a gym." 

ace shrugs himself free and takes a step back. he nods at the gym leader and eyes her with anticipation. socks shares the same feeling as he watches like a good spectator.

and doduo, well, doduo's being doduo. necks seems to be distracted by something in the air.

"we're ready--" he cuts himself off. he reaches back into his fanny pack and pulls out a purple notebook this time with a pencil inside it. he flips it open to the appropriate page and quickly scans the page once more.

"okay, now we're ready. kinda."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2019 14:08:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
a pair of pokemon prowled into view, prompted to situate themselves upon the stone field with a gesture that had been made by their mistress. 

"then let us begin," cait announced. 

the leafeon eyed their respective foes, a hint of interest tugging at their sharp features as they did so. as one began to give their ear a good scratch with a hind paw, mauville's gym leader encouraged her pokemon to prepare for battle.

"
do as you will unless stated otherwise," she ordered.

her pair cocked their heads to the side in an immediate reaction to the order, but they remained idle - patiently awaiting the first move to be made by ace.  

@ace
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2019 4:08:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
his eyes widen at the sight of two very green-looking pokemon. "oh i've never seen those before." he bends down to place the notebook on the ground for a moment before pulling out a pokedex. he lets it scan. beep boop beep. once done he drops it back into his fanny pack and reaches down for his notebook.

ace thinks it's unfair of him to use a pokedex in a battle, especially a gym challenge. but he's read enough about leafeon to know the basics. and in a real battle he won't have time to be looking at his pokedex all the time. so this is good practice.

"let them come to you! play defense!"

as new as ace might be, he's read far too many books for his own good. chansey's experienced, but doduo isn't. the egg-pokemon takes a step forward and positions herself in front of doduo, protecting as she enacts a LIGHT SCREEN. ace nods at the sight of the screen, smiling.

"doduo! do that runny thing you always do!" 

chirping, doduo starts running in place as he brings his skinny legs up and down and up and down, boosting himself with an AGILITY. soon, his moving legs become a blur.

"nice."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
challenge one [ gym ]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2019 15:04:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
chansey were renown for their superior bulk despite their 'soft' exterior; their round build specifically tailored to endure attack after attack while only suffering a meager amount of 'chip away' damage as a direct result of their foe's attempts. and doduo were useful when it came to having a pokemon were quick on their own two feet. 

'we'll see how my leafeon fair against these two.' 

her leafeon were siblings that she had successfully raised to work well as a pair. both effectively covered their brother or sister's weaknesses, their innate abilities coupled with their movesets allowing for them to more effectively navigate battle together whilst complimenting one another. even now their gazes managed to track the movement of both the normal-type and flying-type, both communicating their ideas through quiet murmurs before the female proceeded to launch a sunny day skyward. 

the air grew hot as it settled, the brightness that originated from the shimmering orb that hovered above the battlefield intense. it was the male who prepped a sword dance, shimmering blades surrounding him before promptly vanishing. 

[ sunny day 1 - 5 ] 

@ace