[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

asdf

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

It had never occurred to her that the bright and cheery town of Verdanturf could look so.. unsettling. Stormy briskly walked through the small town, marveling at the buildings and how, despite the attack they had endured thanks to Team Rocket, it appeared relatively well-kept. Several gardens had been trashed, and many neighbors were out fixing their fences or rebuilding and repairing older buildings.. but for the most part everything looked normal.[break][break]

What wasn't normal was the ominous and creepy-crawly feeling she got immediately after crossing the threshold of sunlight to tree canopy as the braved the path to 's gym. Every time she turned around, she swore she had seen glowing eyes close. Goosebumps rose along her arms and sweat began to trickle at her neck. She felt cold and incredibly alone as she continued towards the dark-type gym.[break][break]

She breathes a sigh of relief as she finally reaches the stone garden of sorts. The great pillars of rock surround what looks like a conventional battle-ground. It looks secured and adequate, the perfect little clearing to spar Pokemon against each other. Stormy's hand reaches up to squeeze her bicep to comfort herself, and she glances around quietly while waiting for Thomas to arrive.

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2019 19:16:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Indeed, Stormy was being watched as she made her way through the forest path. Thankfully, the eyes that spied on her were friendlier than one would initially think. Being Pokemon that were positioned there by the Gym Leader themselves, they provided the function of watching the area for any potential challengers, or threats to the Gym. They could either keep the path safe, preventing Wild Pokemon from attacking the passing trainer, or civilian. If their intention was to attack or threaten Thomas, they could just as well direct wild Pokemon in the area to attack them.

Stormy herself wouldn't have to wait long at all for the Gym Leader to arrive. Stepping out of the shadows, the brown-haired man was flanked by an Alakazam on his right. Manifesting from seemingly nothing, a Zoroark would join him, standing to the left of Thomas. Both Pokemon would walk in step with their master, as he came to greet Stormy.

"Stormy, it's so good to see you again!", Thomas called out to her, in a friendly manner. She would probably take notice to the eye patch covering his eye. "I take it you're here to challenge the Gym, yes?", he'd ask her. "I can offer you a conventional Pokemon battle, whether it consists of one-on-one, two-on-two, or three-on-three combat. That, or I could pit you against your inner demons.", he'd offer to her, leaving the last one on a hook.

tags:
notes: Welcome

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2019 20:00:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

Stormy would startle a bit as Thomas and two of his Pokemon appeared seemingly out of nowhere. From what she had gathered, she hadn't seen a designated building to symbolize the Verdanturf gym, so she wasn't entirely sure where he had come from.[break][break]

Despite this, she finds relief in the familiar face of her old friend, multiplied by the warm welcome he gave her. She dips her head in greeting before giving a little wave.[break][break]

"Good to see you too Thomas! You look well.. sort of."[break][break]

She says this as she points to his eyepatch, her eyes clearly begging the question 'why the eye patch?'[break][break]

Her attention soon moves on to the Alakazam and Zoroark, the former being a Pokemon she both recognized from her home region, and a familiar face that she had seen in the rescue mission all those months ago. [break][break]

"Yes, I am, actually! I wish I could say I was here just to visit you, but that'd be a lie. It is nice to see you again though, and I am sorry I haven't come by to visit sooner, I've been crazy busy."[break][break]

As she says this, she realizes how uncomfortably insensitive it might have sounded, and she nervously laughs. [break][break]

"Wait, 'pit me against my demons?' What do you mean?"[break][break]

Her eyes sparkle with curiosity, but also a tinge of fear. She's already made her decision, however. A simple battle has not intrigued her in the same way his last option had.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2019 0:46:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"The eye patch? A souvenir from another rescue I performed in Slateport. Ended up having to pull Esme from Rocket's clutches. During the raid, ended up in a struggle for a gun. The muzzle flash burned out my retina during the struggle. A small price to pay for Esme's safety, in all honesty.", he'd tell her. "Besides, I'm getting a prosthetic crafted, so I won't be a cyclops for long!", he'd continue, a cheeky grin on his face.

The Alakazam, recognizing Stormy from the rescue of the Commissioner, gave the Gym Leader a respectful nod. Meanwhile, Kuma Lisa was eying the black-haired girl, studying her intently.

"Don't worry about it. In all honesty, I've been busy myself. If anything, I should apologize to you for not coming by the hospital to check up on you. I heard about your encounter with the Mad Dog.", he'd tell her. When he heard the news that she was hospitalized after being rescued from Slateport, he desperately wanted to come check up on her. But as it stood, he had urgent business to attend to, and nobody he could trust to hold down the fort while he dropped in to visit Stormy.

And that didn't get into the time he had to spend at home recovering from his encounter with Emma Wolfe, the assassin who spared his life, for some reason. She was not present during the invasion of Verdanturf, and even after Rocket's failed attempt at taking Fallabor, and the reclamation of Slateport, she was not accounted for. But then, the upper echelon of Rocket as a whole managed to slip away, a fact that made Thomas extremely worried.

He had to wonder where she'd turn up next.

"Essentially, my Zoroark here will use her powers to pit you against either your deepest fears, or your inner demons. If you don't mind, for the sake of convenience, Freke here will do a search of your mind, to see what could be used for the trial. If you're not comfortable with that, Kuma Lisa here can perform a test that will have just about the same effect, though a bit slower.", he'd tell her.

"Would you be interested?", he'd inquire.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2019 14:29:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

She purses her lips in thought as she absorbs his words and short retelling of where he had gotten the eyepatch. She smiles at the mention of a prosthetic eye and no longer being a cyclops.[break][break]

The Zoroark causes the skin along her spine to crawl with unease, it's intense stare unfurling anxiety in the young woman. While she recognized the Alakazam from her previous mission with Thomas, she had never seen the dark-type Pokemon before and was probably rightfully unsure of it.[break][break]

Stormy begins to speak absently, not fully hearing her own words until she slowly pries her attention from the Zoroark and back to Thomas.[break][break]

"No, no, it's all good. I'm just fine, no need to worry about it."[break][break]

The mention of the Mad Dog causes her skin to crawl and a horribly sick feeling to curl up and die in her stomach. She takes a small breath to try and calm her nerves and her flashback of fear, her smouldering red eyes holding Thomas'.[break][break]

Her heart has begun to beat faster as she glances back to the Alakazam and Zoroark due to Thomas' next instruction. She nods slowly, feeling the pit in her stomach grow, but she balls her hand into a fist. She can do this.[break][break]

"Of course, I'm ready."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2019 10:17:01 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Kuma Lisa would take notice to the fact that Stormy seemed uncomfortable around her. The Zoroark doesn't react to it, however, as the reaction seems to be rather natural. Given what her species is capable of, she isn't surprised. All she can do is stand back, and try her best not to startle her too much.

"Alright, whenever you're ready, stand in the middle of the arena, and my Pokemon will take it from there.", he'd tell Stormy.

Once she was in the middle of the arena, Freke would do the best to scan her mind for what would work for her confrontation. The element of her encounter with was an obvious pull. But the Alakazam would look further, attempting to make the most of the oncoming challenge. Once he was satisfied with what he gathered, he'd teleport over to Kuma Lisa, in order to relay the details to the Zoroark. Armed with this information, the Zoroark would cast an illusion that would wash over the field.

tags:
notes: Let the fun begin!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2019 3:32:58 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

At first, it sort of feels like she's fallen asleep. Like her hands don't belong to her and her mind feels numb, as of she's trying to grasp at something that isn't fully real. She reaches out into the darkness, reaching for that single shred of light or coherent thought or whatever it might be, and her fingers pass through it. [break][break]

She can hear the sound of children's laughter and the familiar yet painful sound of a mother's chastising voice. Stormy is suddenly looking in on a familiar scene she used to dream of when she'd arrived in Hoenn. It sent a shiver down her spine and a feeling of dread because she knew the painful memories she was about to be faced with.[break][break]

A gift is hidden behind an older woman's arms, tucked against her back as she crouches down to speak face-to-face with a younger-looking Stormy. The little girl seems to be bouncing out of her seat with excitement, dark eyes sparkling as she tried to sneak a peek around mom's arms.[break][break]

"Now, Bronwen, hunny, I need you to promise me you'll settle down a bit and get along better with your siblings. They're only trying to help teach you, they're not trying to be mean."[break][break]

Young Stormy nods furiously, but it's clear in the way she's not looking at her mother's face that she isn't really interested in what the woman has to say. The real Stormy winces, the familiar pang of regret weighing heavy in her chest. [break][break]

Her mother pulls the Castform plush from behind her, but is immediately disappointed with the exasperated and equally disappointed expression on her daughter's face. Stormy can feel the creeping sensation of her memories being plucked away, like the Zoroark is about to move onto the next horrible memory of hers. She cries out in unison with her younger self, just as the ten year old Stormy throws a tantrum about how much she hates Castform and how boring of a Pokemon they are, and didn't mother know that she hated being called Bronwen?[break][break]

The memory disappears in a snap of light and she's left in the dark again, heart racing. She's sobbing, probably in real life as well, at the grief and raw emotion she had just experienced first-hand. Reliving that moment was even more powerful than merely dreaming it. She had literally felt every sensation and sound and smell.[break][break]

Raw panic begins to creep in on all sides as she remains in limbo while Alakazam sifts through her mind for another traumatizing event to replay. Various voices seem to whisper in the back of her mind, but disappointment and anger continue to draw attention to the psychic-type Pokemon as Stormy responds more intimately to encounters with Fernando.[break][break]

Stormy is pulled into the light once again, feeling her way through another sliver of light and audio memory. She blinks her eyes open and into focus at the familiar scenery of her gym. Sweat beads at the back of her neck as the heat bores down on her. She's at her home in Lavaridge, waiting for Fernando to arrive for their first day of training.[break][break]

Like her, he's tired and probably has more to do later in the evening. He probably doesn't even really want to be there, but he isn't willing to see his sister, another person with the Silph name, make the rest of his namesake look bad.[break][break]

Or maybe that's just what she thinks of him, as someone devoid of feeling and only worrying about material things. Perhaps he really does care that she grow stronger. [break][break]

Doubt makes her mind foggy as she watches Fernando use his Charizard against her Rapidash. She watches in silent horror as Apollo is taken down with ease. The bellowing stallion is sliced open by the Charizard's razor sharp claws, and Stormy watches herself rush to his side. It had been the first time she'd been humiliated and scared into actually believing she wasn't strong enough. Her stubborness and stupidity had always clouded her judgement before, but it had never reared it's ugly head as actually being her kryptonite.[break][break]

The scene falls away as Fernando's Pokemon stays behind to heal Apollo and he walks away.[break][break]

Stormy is brushing imaginary blood from her shirt as she stands back up only to be transplanted back into a seat, blindfolded and afraid. Her skin is warm and cold at the same time and feels papery thin. Her heart is pounding so hard and fast she feels faint, and there's so much noise and so little noise that she feels dizzy and tired.[break][break]

It hurts to move her fingers even slightly, and she's stunned to realise that she's tied down and tape or metal is digging into her wrists so hard she's bruising. Hopelessness and helplessness cause her to panic. All of her talk and her confidence and her desperation for power is pathetic. She's pathetic, and she would never amount to anything.[break][break]

That's what she had always told herself, so much so that she believed everyone else had been the one that had been telling her that. She blamed them for her own lack of confidence and trust in herself. It's very well possible everyone else believed in her, but she was so blindly convinced that everyone hated her and underestimated her that she was too naive to realise that she was putting those words in other people's mouth because they were her words the whole time.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 0:03:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watches on in silence as the memories begin to unfold. First, it begins with a rather unpleasant memory from her childhood. Thomas frowns as he watches it play out. Once this is finished, he sees a flashback to a Gym battle, her versus a familiar face: Fernando. Though he does have to wonder how much of it is reliable, given one's memories can be influenced by biases or emotions, he cringes as he watches the Rapidash get sliced open by the Charizard. At the very least, Fernando's Pokemon do treat it after the fact.

If anything, seeing this adds to some of his reservations about the man. Perhaps he'd have to watch Fernando more closely in the future.

The next scene sends a shiver up Thomas' spine. Stormy is bound and blindfolded in a chair, in a dark room. A face he had not directly encountered, but one he was more than familiar with, the Mad Dog of Rocket himself, was the woman's captor. He had gotten word that the Mad Dog had captured Stormy at some point, having tortured her before she was rescued by Lars soon after. All he could do was watch how it played out in silence.

"Stormy, Stormy, Stormy~", the voice taunted her, sounding somewhat like him, though his voice was distorted, in a demonic manner. "Try as you might, but at the end of the day, you'll only amount to being dead weight on the Silph name.", he'd taunt her, before she'd feel a familiar prick in her neck. With the 'drugs' having been injected into her, the aberration of Dorian would rip the blindfold off of her eyes.

But something else would greet her, rather than the dark storage space that reeked of booze. What she would see would be the culmination of her nightmare, her final battle.

tags:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 19:41:28 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Everything is a blur and her heart is pounding. Sweat beads off of her skin and she can feel herself shaking, trembling, fighting for power, for control. She can see it all, all of her pain and fear and paranoia. It's as plain as day now, expressing itself as physical reminders of the pain she has gone through.[break][break]

First, it's her first challenge against Fernando. Her attempt to prove herself, to gather her strength and show Fernando that she's capable of defending Lavaridge. That his sacrifice, his request that, despite the League's better interest, she asserts the position of Lavaridge gym leader, wasn't in vain. That he hadn't made a mistake.[break][break]

She's watching in the same, cold dread, as Apollo is cut down. She stands stiff and unmoving, unable to cry out, unable to stop him, unable to defend herself as Apollo screams in agony, as he writhes, bleeding into the dirt.[break][break]

It's a reminder that she's weak. That she isn't as strong as she pretends she is, that she should stop pretending.[break][break]

And then Apollo's broken image is lifted and it's replaced with the gravesite of Tapati, her Torkoal. She's crouched next to the headstone, tears dripping wet paths against the cold stone. She's reminded of her weakness then, too. That the Torkoal had died in spite of her best efforts, because she had been weak, unable to protect herself or her Pokemon.[break][break]

She's falling, falling into a vicious cycle of torment and dismay. She's spiraling.[break][break]

And then she wakes up in the cold, stiff seat of a wooden chair. Her wrists are sore, rubbed raw as ropes and tape dig into her skin. She can feel blood seeping between her bindings from her struggle. She can feel her breath hitch in her chest, that swell of panic. Once again, she was all alone, afraid, unable to protect herself.[break][break]

There's a voice in the dark, taunting her. She can't see because she's blindfolded, and she screams as something pricks her neck, as her mind is clouded with unreal thoughts, confusion, pain. She's writhing, screaming, pleading.[break][break]

Dead weight on the Silph name.[break][break]

It comes back again, that haunting reminder that she's worthless. [break][break]

She's crying as the blindfold is ripped from her eyes, tears staining her cheeks. There's a heaviness in her arms, as if the drugs are still torturing her system. But she forces herself to her feet, her hands angrily wiping her tears from her cheeks. Her final battle is here, and she must face it.[break][break]

But what she faces doesn't look like a monster. Instead, it smiles back at her with perfect teeth, that familiar, heartwarming smile. It's so familiar that it aches and she feels like she might fall.[break][break]

It's Alexander. But no matter how many steps she takes to reach out for him, to seek comfort, he continues to be too far away. [break][break]

"Alex? Alex, I can't reach you."[break][break]

As she speaks, desperation and fear fills her voice. She feels weak and alone and afraid and it comes out in the tremble in her voice.[break][break]

With more hurried steps, she begins chasing after this figure that looks so distinctly like Alex. But his image soon fades and his voice thunders down around her.[break][break]

"You're not worth the trouble, Stormy. You're a dead weight on the Silph name, what makes you think I'd want you to put a stain on the Stone name as well?"[break][break]

Those words echo and she feels like a vaccuum has sucked all of her strength from her chest. She can't breathe and she's shaking because she knows that he's right. That it was selfish of her to think that she could have ever asked something like that.[break][break]

She feels empty and the spiraling feeling in her gut expands until she feels sick and can't find her way back to the surface. She's about to lose this challenge and this final nightmare because she knows she isn't strong enough to pull herself back up.[break][break]

One last reach into the void of panic and she feels her fingers brush someone else's. What feels like a thousand pounds of pressure keeps her eyes closed and she fights to wake up, to see, to look at who's fingers have intertwined with her own. But they're pulling her up and out of the sinking sand of self-doubt.[break][break]

With a gasp, she's finally free, gasping for air as she'd collapsed on the grass in front of Thomas. For a moment she wonders if it's his hand she had reached for, but she's pretty sure it wasn't. He's too far away on the other side of the field.[break][break]

She brushes hair from her face and takes a deep, unsteady breath. [break][break]

"Well.. that was certainly interesting."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 0:34:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would watch the events play out. Upon being injected with the drugs, which matched up with the account of events that happened, the scenery would switch to her dealing with another. He recognized the face of the person in question, Alexander Stone, former Champion of Hoenn, before he absconded to places unknown. He had heard mention that the two of them dated, but the relationship ended. With those harsh words from the phantom, Stormy would find herself spiraling.

The 'nightmare' would end on an interesting note, with a hand reaching out to her, and pulling her back to the surface. With that, Thomas walks up to Stormy, extending a hand to help pull her back to her feet. "Stormy, I'm just going to reserve the games for once, I saw the whole thing play out. All I can really tell you at this point, is that you shouldn't shackle yourself to the Silph name. This comes from personal experience, but dedicating yourself to measuring up to those before you, and you're always gonna find yourself coming up short. Just focus on yourself, on becoming stronger for your own sake, and things will fall into place on their own.", he would tell the younger woman.

tags:

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2019 3:38:52 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Stormy feigns confidence, especially in the way she speaks and collects herself in order to allow Thomas to help pull her to her feet. But deep down, she's shaking. The ordeal has jostled her to her core and she's still reeling.[break][break]

The hand that had pulled her out of the nightmare had felt like a different one compared to Thomas', but she held fast to his aid anyway. Once she was standing she'd take a breath and brush hair from her face, forcing herself to remain composed.[break][break]

He speaks to her but she's almost numb to what he's trying to say. It takes her a long time to focus, to listen.[break][break]

"I'm not shackled."[break][break]

She nearly chokes on those words, because she knows it isn't the truth. He was right, of course. She always looked at herself as needing to be as good as Fernando, as strong, as confident, as good. She wasn't, though. She might never be good enough for him.[break][break]

Her hand shakes as she takes it back from Thomas', and she sighs.[break][break]

"You're right. I know you're right. This.. this was good. This was a wake-up call that I needed."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2019 23:35:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would give Stormy a look with his remaining good eye. One that would translate into 'you know what I mean.' Indeed, he could tell that she knew that wasn't the truth. That was purely her pride, something she'd have to work on. All he could do was hope that this wake-up call would be acted upon.

"In any case, I think it's safe to say that you won my badge.", he would tell Stormy, holding out the black badge. "You ever need a hand, you know where to find me.", he would tell Stormy. "And if you got a second, and an appetite, you wanna get something to eat? I offer this to all my challengers.", he would offer her, then following up with the clarification.

tags:
notes: Crappy wrap-up post, but a post

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 1:00:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

asdf

Stormy isn't oblivious to his look, but her pride is too great to swallow and she remains firm with her stare. Her gaze doesn't waver as she holds his single eye.[break][break]

His next comment grants her a moment of relief, however, that is clearly noticable in the way her shoulders droop from their uptight and tense position. She feels the prickle at the back of her neck rapidly cool, as if her skin had been on fire.[break][break]

"Sure, yeah. Dinner sounds great right about now." [break][break]

She says this but her stomach still feels as though it's done somersaults. Stormy isn't about to admit to that though, and she figures walking it off is more likely to bring back her appetite.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
trepidation [g]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 5:45:15 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 125 pokedollars and 10 infamy.