eurobeat [p]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2019 11:35:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her entire body goes rigid, every muscle frozen in place. His arm feels like dead weight around her shoulders. Bryony forces her breathing to stay even. She has no time for relief even when he removes himself from her.

First her body freezes, then her head. A train wreck in motion, meeting the end of its track. The word replays:

Date. Date. Date. Date. Date. Date. Date.

Is he serious? In a split second, her face to the tips of her ears is a burning red. Her voice is a tiny choke, the word no little more than a squeak.

Worse than pushiness, though, is the disappointment. As if she's done something wrong. Bryony finds herself, for the first time in a long time, struggling to keep up with someone on an emotional level.

"Um - yes - we can - we can do this. I'm um - did you - "

Nevermind. She doesn't want to know. In a quick change of topic, she says, "I'm Bryony."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2019 17:16:40 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"conrad!" he tells her most enthusiastically.

he tried to read her body language. he couldn't make out whether she was still shaken from the part where he yelled at her or the part where he suggested the sudden trip to go find a pokemon. eventually, he gives up trying to find out and decides to roll with whatever is happening.

from how the conversation was going, it's going to be a simple hunt.

"how strong is this bird anyways?" he starts to ask. "for all i know, anything we find in the wild will be stronger than him. or her."

@bryony

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2019 3:00:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony looks at her Swablu and then back to Conrad. She only half manages to hide her grimace. "Um. Not very?" she answers, the tone of her voice suggesting what she says is true. "She's good at um, singing."

Zuzu's entire purpose was to sing to Pokemon and put them to sleep. So far, Bryony had not found much more use for the poor thing. Maybe one day, if she ever became an Altaria.

She walks beside Conrad, hugging Zuzu to her chest. Bryony has the appearance of someone who, if you even blink, might very well disappear as if she had never existed in the first place.

"Do you um - do you battle, then? Like - collect gym badges?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2019 18:35:38 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he scoffs at her statement, as if he's saying some common knowledge.

"anyone's who's something battles!" he mentions with a pleased expression on his face. "i'm gonna be that someday, so of course i battle."

he doesn't have any other goal in life that he could think of since he supposed he could do that later. even taking the champion title did not interest him for some reason since he thinks it's just some fancy title. that's it-- just a title. he doesn't know if money is attached to it, to which he guesses there's none.

"i don't collect badges though. are they that big of a deal?"

he didn't have the opportunity to do so back in kanto. perhaps the hype of collecting badges in that region died with the rocket takeover.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 11:18:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The boy's enthusiasm earns a small smile from Bryony. Despite his earlier actions, there's a charm about him, something youthful and vibrant that part of her envies.

"Well," Bryony murmurs, brushing her fingers along the Swablu's cotton wing, "they show people you're um - you're powerful. They're proof of winning against powerful trainers. And uh - when you get enough you can um, you can fight the Elite Four and if you win against them, then um, everyone knows who you are."

It's the best explanation she can give.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,323 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2019 16:45:06 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"do i really need those?" he asks, resting his hands on his waist.

hunting for specific people just to get their badge and the approval of people just sounds sad, and priam doesn't do sad. aside from that, it sounds like a hassle to do so when he can just directly ask for a battle.

"i can just, i dunno, fight anyone who thinks i'm weak, y'know? i don't need proof when i can just show 'em the real deal."

he didn't really had the chance to explore it back when he was in kanto, so he just assumes that the whole system was a weird one that he cannot really understand. the elite four sound like elitists if people need to get badges before they can ask to fight them if that was the case. it was fitting, he supposed.

@bryony

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
eurobeat [p]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 23:56:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","league test2"]
[attr="class","test2-wrapper"]

Bryony can't think of a way to contest what he says and so she simply nods along. "I suppose that's um, true," she agrees, watching her Swablu. She makes her way to the edge of the city and into the wilderness. Surely nothing can go wrong with frolicking off into the wilds with someone she's only just met.

[attr="class","test2-tagged"]

[attr="class","test2-lyrics"]
Deer die with their eyes wide open eyes wide open eyes wide open

[newclass=.test2] width: 350px; margin: 0 auto; background: #2e2e2e; background-image:url(https://i.postimg.cc/ZqPNs5HT/stardust.png); padding:30px; border: 1px solid #1b1b1b; padding-bottom: 0; padding-bottom: 0; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-wrapper] background: #343434; padding: 30px; font-size: 11px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; color: #aaa; text-align: justify; border: 1px solid #222; padding-bottom: 10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-lyrics] background: rgba(34,34,34,.8); margin: 0px -30px; margin-top: -1px; padding: 15px; border-top: 1px solid #1b1b1b; text-align: center; font-size: 7px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.5px; color: #777; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-tagged] text-align: right; margin-right: -10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a] color: #aaa; text-decoration: none; font-size: 8px; font-weight: bold; margin-left: 5px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a:before] content:"("; color: #999; margin-right: 3px; font-size: 9px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2 a:after] content:")"; color: #999; margin-left: 3px; font-size: 9px; [/newclass] [newclass=.test2-lyrics b] color: var(--color); opacity: .8; [/newclass] [newclass=.league] --color: #dea02c; [/newclass] [newclass=.rocket] --color: #716075; [/newclass]