POSTED ON Jul 30, 2019 18:35:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
i'm here!

It was pure luck that the place hadn’t been completely destroyed.

Thankfully the onslaught was stopped, but at what cost?

The place was now in the middle of rebuilding, and for some reason there was now a path that led off and away from the sunny, inviting hamlet.

Not a stranger to dark and unsettling places, Lars found himself walking down the area, looking around ever so carefully—it reminded him of the days that he’d run away from home and was literally living out and alone in the wild. How the fuck had he managed that? He really didn’t know.

Either way, he continued to walk down the twisting path, hands on one of the two Pokéballs he had with him just in case things went due south too quickly. It never hurt to be prepared, and he came with his two best—Ro and Alpha. Once the path eventually fanned out into a clearing, he let out a relieved sigh.

Okay, so the path didn’t go to nowhere after all.

Looking around, he then calls out, “Hello? Anyone here?” while waiting for an answer.

All the same, his hand never left Ro’s Pokéball just in case he had to defend himself.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
lasciate ogne speranza [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2019 12:08:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Despite Lars' uneasiness in walking down the path, he would find the trip uneventful. Indeed, he would've been shadowed during the walk through the forest, though the prying eyes would be of a more benevolent nature. The reason the path was deserted was thanks to the Pokemon in the shadows running interference on anything that would attempt to attack trainers on their way to the Gym, whether they be Wild Pokemon, or humans with malicious intentions.

"Lars, it's good to see you again!", a familiar voice would call out in response.

Thomas would emerge from the shadows of the arena's entrance, flanked by an Alakazam that would be familiar to the challenger, as well as a Zoroark that would be unfamiliar to Lars. Aside from his attire being on the more casual side of things, wearing a simple button-up shirt, boots, and jeans, the most striking difference in his appearance would be the eye patch.

"How have you been doing, since the Invasion?", Thomas would inquire.

tags:
notes: Welcome to the badlands!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2019 20:34:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
i'm here!

Thankfully he doesn’t have to lower his guard too much, and the man of the hour appears. Although, his eyebrows go up in concern because there’s one very different thing about him—since when did he have an eyepatch?

“Like, what happened to you? Last time we met you didn’t have that eye patch,” he asks, his hold on the Metagross’s Pokéball relaxing, before slowly letting it slip out of his fingers and back into the coat pocket where the Lucario’s containment unit also resides, shrunken-down marbles he would only toss forward in dire necessity.

“To put that second question simply: my bastard of a father’s disappeared. Don’t know where he went. All that remains is… well, a rather noticeable sum of money to my name,” he adds a few moments later, looking to one side to hide the disgusted grimace that crosses his face for the briefest of seconds. Anyway, after that look of dismay leaves his features, he looks up again.

“So you’ve been busy too huh? Didn’t know you’re the Gym Leader ‘round these parts now. Color me surprised, he adds with a smirk a few moments later.

“Anyway, unusual set-up you have here. Obviously you’re not using Cait—I mean, Miss Alfric’s type because she’s Grass, and she has a huge-ass greenhouse in Mauville. So what’s your cheese?” he continues, waiting for the other to explain how this shit worked.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2019 21:24:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Most people refrained from asking directly about the eye patch. He noticed it was a common theme, that they'd take notice, but refrain from asking, perhaps not to be rude. This was especially true in the more upper class circles he found himself in upon taking charge of his family's efforts to aid Hoenn. Though honestly, he didn't mind if people asked him about the eye patch. Given his background, he found such things to be a conversation piece, something to be proud of.

"Lost my eye while raiding Slateport. @esme, Dewford's former Gym Leader, was captured by Team Rocket. After tracking her down, managed to sneak into the building, along with some of my Pokemon, and kind of went on a rampage through the place. Last guy put up more of a fight, and in a struggle for a gun, ended up losing my eye to the muzzle flash as it discharged.", he'd tell Lars. "Still didn't stop me from successfully extracting her, though.", he'd finish, with a grin.

Thomas would notice the fact that Lars was hiding his expression from him. The Gym Leader couldn't help but frown upon hearing this news. "I see. You two have a rough relationship, I take it?", Thomas asked rhetorically. He could tell from the way he spoke of him alone that the two weren't exactly on the best of terms.

"Yeah, the Commissioner broached the subject to me, during a visit I had with her.", he'd reveal to him. "Either way, I'll be acting as Verdanturf's Shadow from here on out. Not only testing those who want my badge, but protecting the town from anything or anyone that threatens it.", he'd tell him.

"Me? I'm the Dark Gym Leader, actually. I can do either Singles, with either one or three Pokemon. I can do Doubles, with four Pokemon total. Or I could do Triples, with six Pokemon.", he'd explain, making it quick. "That, or I could pit you against your greatest fears, or inner demons.", he'd continue, with a hook.

tags:
notes: The explanations.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2019 21:50:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
let's get this bread!

“You sure know how to take dangerous risks,” he says to the first half of the conversation, his lips curling into the faintest hint of a smirk—or was it a smile—he wasn’t too sure. “Remember that time we rescued the Commissioner? Apparently we never learn to stay away from volatile situations, he muses with a hint of laughter crossing his lips for a few moments.

Truly, what was it with them and danger?

“Thank the hell Verdanturf didn’t fall. I haven’t been out to Fallarbor myself to check… been too busy running deliveries most days to the affected areas since they’re in need of relief,” he adds a few moments later. To the second part of the conversation, it’s where he comes to a stop to consider a few things.

On one hand, he has little practical experience when it comes to going up against another Pokémon trainer. On the other hand, though…

“…I’m curious how you can figure out my inner demons,” he says at last. “Pray tell, how’s that done?”

He’s made his choice, and he’s going with the non-traditional way of acquiring the Gym badge. Well, at least he would probably have one by the time this was over.

Or so he hoped.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 0:10:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"One of two ways, actually.", Thomas would start out. "The first way, and the most straightforward way, would be to have Freke here peer into your mind. He's been trained to do so in a manner that's practically painless, should you cooperate. Granted, if you choose this option, such cooperation would be expected, no?", Thomas would tell him. "Though if you'd prefer something less invasive, my Zoroark here, Kuma Lisa, can use her illusory powers to cast certain illusions in order to elicit reactions from you. Think of it as a sort of test that a shrink would use.", he would tell him.

"Whichever one you choose, Lisa here will plant you in a sort of simulation that pits you against your inner demons.", he'd finish. "You interested, or would you prefer a straight up battle?"

tags:
notes: The explanations.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 14:29:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
let the non-trad challenge, begin!

At the mention of a traditional battle, he shook his head.

“I’m not one for the usual style of battling… it’s… how do I put this? It’s not exactly my forte. I can handle wild situations but actual battle’s a bit of a stretch for me. Have to live up to the expectations of being a Ranger and all that,” he explained.

However, the option for the non-traditional really intrigued him.

But then, even Lars had secrets to hide. Secrets he wouldn’t necessarily want exposed, so he turns his gaze to the Zoroark. How he longed for one, and badly! “I swear, her kind are very rare in this region. I’ve been looking for one for forever, but it’s not going too well,” he added with a sigh, before slowly approaching the Zoroark.

“They… they said these illusions are so masterly woven, most people think it’s real. How real? I… I would like to find out,” he went on. “Have her weave her best. Or worst. Hit me, and let’s see what happens,” he ended.

Now, the question was, what was he going to see?

His dead mother?

Or that no-good beat down of a father, reigning madness down on their family home back in Sootopolis?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,454 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 19:04:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I see. That's understandable.", Thomas would respond to the man. Indeed, he understood where he was coming from. Rangers were more focused on putting out fires, rescuing trapped Pokemon, among other things, rather than straight up battling. If anything, Thomas was in a similar boat, his methods of using his Pokemon during his International Police days would've been dirty, by League battling standards.

"Don't worry, you'll find one, if you keep on it. Have you tried Route 117 nearby here yet? That's a good place to look for Dark-types.", he would tell the man.

Once Lars was ready, Kuma Lisa would begin to probe him with an illusory Rorschach test of sorts. The shapes that would manifest would be basic, but could be interpreted in several ways, depending on who looks at them. This would go on for a few minutes, before Kuma Lisa would have an idea of what he saw, and would begin to shape an illusory world based off of her findings.

But what would he see?

tags:
notes: Let's begin!