twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
gym challenge: cards of fate [ g ]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2019 4:27:06 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
CARDS OF FATE

[attr="class","aname2"]
"WILL YOU FACE THE PAST, REMAIN IN THE PRESENT, OR LOOK TO THE FUTURE?"

[attr="class","ipad"]
[attr="class","ihead"]THE DEALER'S GUIDE

[break]

[break][break]

"ALRIGHT BRATS, DON'T HOLD BACK! as the overseer and MEMBER OF THE ABSOLUTE NEUTRALITY DEPARTMENT, you can trust in me to remain absolutely neutral when facing against our leader!

[break][break]

try your luck against fate, brat! you won't win! the game we'll be playing will be in 3 rounds using a deck of tarot cards. listen up and listen carefully, brats! the cards are placed face-down on a table and the game is played by flipping them up one by one. CARDS ARE ASSIGNED A SCORE that equal to their number, for example, THE WORLD BEING XXI IS ASSIGNED 21 POINTS. all scores are awarded only to the challenger, with the outcome being dependent on the score. cards score depending on their position when flipped up, if they are facing upwards they award positive points, if they're in reverse they award negative points. THE SOLE EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE IS THE FOOL which serves as the game's "joker". if the fool is face-up it is an instant-win for the challenger, if reversed it's an instant loss for the challenger. both scenarios happen regardless of any score.

[break][break]
the game begins by assigning THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE, who will each flip one card during their turn, a role. as the game is played using tarot, these individuals REPRESENT the PRESENT, PAST and FUTURE respectively. the GYM CHALLENGER is selected as the score player, with every card flipped counting only for them. if the total outcome is positive, they win, if negative, they lose. the gym challenger, as the 'present', plays first but, per 's request, he's decided for the challenger to serve as the 'future' meaning you, , will go last.

[break][break]

got it? good, brat."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]FIRST ROUND

[break]

[break][break]

[break][break]
THE HIGH PRIESTESS HAS BEEN DRAWN UPRIGHT: +2

[break][break]

[break][break]
WORK IN PROGRESS...

[break][break]

[break][break]
WORK IN PROGRESS...

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GYM LEADER ARIAN COIN

[break]

[break][break]

mime jr. sat atop of arian's shoulder upon entry. together they'd arrive within the velvet room. here to greet, and . "let's get started shall we? it's a pleasure to meet you both." introducing himself, his mr. mime would mimic every moment and gesture. a hand was placed over arian's, his head bowed, "my name is and, it goes without saying, but i'll be the gym leader of this gamble. i'm aware you'll be playing with life chips, correct? each life chip will cost 24 hours of your time." it may seem like nothing, but it's not something any sane person should want.

[break][break]

"i'm wagering my gym badge, which is pretty much worth a life. i am an obstacle in your way from moving forward within life, after all." arian chuckled, continuing, "the game you've chosen is pretty reckless. not many people who take this challenge win, you must really be relying on luck right now or find yourself to be pretty lucky." turning to face priam, he'd say, "unless your boyfriend here is your lucky charm?" a joking grin, he'd move forward toward the circular table before them. upon the table were 42 face-down cards.

[break][break]

they were random and there was no order to them. fate would be their guiding light. "oh boy, i'm so excited...what will fate have in store for you. since you're the challenger, ," he'd turn to face her, "you'll be going last. this is your future we're talking about, it's only befitting. i'll serve as the past and your friend here," he'd look to , "the present."

[break][break]

arian was first. slowly he'd pick his card, turning it over. he'd come to reveal THE HIGH PRIESTESS. the card was within an UPRIGHT position. "2 positive points, wow! you're starting off lucky already, your boyfriend here might actually be a lucky charm!" arian would let out a jovial laugh. patting the male upon his shoulder. "alright then, it's your go, !" it was his time to shine and choose her fate. will he help her move forward or set her back? it all depended on what he drew.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2019 3:34:20 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"did you get all of that," priam asks sunny. it was a very long explanation and priam can only concentrate on one thing for too long.

the gym leader comes right afterwards. a quick "hello" comes from priam involuntarily upon his greeting. he proceeds to explain more of the rules, some of which priam wants to question but can't because he can't risk getting his attention somewhere or else he might forget some important parts of the explanation.

before he can even forget how the game works, he starts to make the first move required for the game. drawing a card should be the only thing he needs to do, and it wasn't like he can influence it with anything other than his luck.

"okay, i'm drawing now."

he chooses the one directly in front of him.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2019 14:41:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Sunny listens with half interest to what the man tells her, too excited for her oncoming gym challenge to truly care. While she had come with the intent of a proper gym battle, the chance to play a game was far too interesting to pass up.

Now, set before the gym leader, Sunny sits on her knees in her chair, hands pressed to the table. Her head turns to Priam and she gives him a brief look over before looking back to Arian. "He's not my boyfriend," she corrects. "I don't think I even know his last name. But if he helps me win, then I guess he can be my boyfriend. But if he makes me lose, then I'm never gonna talk to him again."

She shrugs and watches as Priam flips the next card. After, Sunny leans forward, fingers hovering over a card. Her brows knit and for the first time in a while, she looks serious. For a long time, she stares at the layout. Then, finally, she flips a card in the middle.

Her head turns to Arian, eyes wide. "Did I do it?"

close tab

played by

light

grim dealer
he/him/his
twenty-one
august 5th
hoenn region
demisexual
IB, gambler
civilian
91 height
91 height
awards
273 posts
arian coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @arian
arian coin
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2019 2:19:48 GMT
arian coin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
CARDS OF FATE

[attr="class","aname2"]
"WILL YOU FACE THE PAST, REMAIN IN THE PRESENT, OR LOOK TO THE FUTURE?"

[attr="class","ipad"]
[attr="class","ihead"]THE DEALER'S GUIDE

[break]

[break][break]

"UH OH..." that didn't look good. tyrone watched as the next card was tossed over. a cocky grin, he wasn't surprised in what had been turned over by the sullivan.

[break][break]

arms folded, he shook his head. it was no surprise to tyrone, but that was partially due to his trust in arian's luck. "i told you, it's inevitable kid. the match was already decided the moment you stepped in," he commented from the side. afterwards, he'd call it, "the total currently is: negative eight! one more round will decide who is to defeat fate: gym leader arian or challenger sullivan..." turning toward arian, he'd lower his head to allow him the chance to choose his card.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]FIRST ROUND

[break]

[break][break]

[break][break]
THE HIGH PRIESTESS HAS BEEN DRAWN UPRIGHT: +2

[break][break]

[break][break]
THE HANGED MAN HAS BEEN DRAWN REVERSE: -10

[break][break]

[break][break]
WORK IN PROGRESS...

[break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]GYM LEADER ARIAN COIN

[break]

[break][break]

"gambling's so fun." he commented, walking toward the table. "you never know what the outcome might be, win or lose. you don't know what you're really made of until you've taken that grand leap of fate in risking it all." hands slid across the table as he circled it. once on the other side of the table, he'd come to a halt.

[break][break]

his finger pressed down upon the table.

[break][break]

"you know, i should tell you a little secret." he'd look toward the duo from across, "there's an actual way to cheat at this game." mr. mime resided upon his back, nodding as arian spoke. "there're several ways as a matter of fact..." looking toward the duo, he'd ask, "do you think i've used one of those ways? if so, we can make a wager--right here, right now?" he chuckled, a devilish grin etched onto his face.

[break][break]

"if you can tell me how i may have possibly cheated, you automatically win without me having to turn this card over. but, get it wrong, you will lose instantly." simple, right? though, he wasn't a monster. it was only a suggestion. "of course you don't have to and i can just simply leave it to fate and turn this card over. either way, the decision's up to the both of you." what would and do? how would they react?

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2019 16:03:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Sunny lifts her head to watch Arian as he speaks, lips folding together. She drums her fingers against the edge of the table, gaze lowering down to the layout of cards. "You know, Mister Coin," she says, "that's not very honorable of you."

The truth is, she does not know how he cheated. Sunny reaches out to flip a card, but her fingers stop just before it. Her gaze rises to the Mime Jr. perched upon his shoulder. She replays Arian's words in her head.

Sunny rests her palms flat on the table.

"You could have used an illusion."

She stares at him, focused and deliberate. Her usual attitude is replaced with intensity and a desire to win.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2019 1:09:26 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy.