Competition [Mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 3:40:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

In a few hours the lower district would be bustling with people. But right now it was like a ghost town. The only signs of life Jack had seen were rattatas that tore through garbage left to rot in the summer heat.

His hand is halfway to his mouth when he looks down the street for Kingsley. With no sign of the him Jack took a drag of the cigarette freshly lit cigarette. Machoke paces by his side, impatient to get things started.

@kingsley
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 4:02:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kingsley shows up not long after Jack lights his cigarette. He has his hands fitted into the pocket of his jacket and he ambles along as if he has no place important to be. His Froslass is at his side, as per usual, and an Espeon follows at his heels.

Blue eyes settle on the familiar figure of the older man and Kingsley makes his way towards him. He gives a wave and a lazy grin, coming to a halt in front of Jack.

"Sup, gramps?" he teases. "Ready to rock and roll?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 4:27:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Jack takes one last drag of the cigarette when Kingsley appears.

"Kingsley."

He gives a slight wave of his right hand, a lit cigarette held between two fingers.

"Been ready since I got here. Just been waiting on you."

The sound of footsteps carry clearly through the air as Jack begins moving again, Machoke walking beside him in perfect harmony.

"So you ever been here since it opened a little whiles back?"

@kingsley
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 4:35:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kingsley laughs, slipping his hand back into his pocket. His footsteps fall in unison with Jack's.

"Why would I do that?" he asks, grin widening. "I'm a loyal guy, my man. I only go to the best bar around. Besides, I hear this place overcharges on drinks."

He pulls the door open and holds it for Jack, letting it fall shut once they're both inside.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 5:26:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A grin pulls at the edges of Jack's mouth from Kingsley's comment about his bar.

"Yeah yeah. Sure hiring you has nothing to work with it," he interjects. "Big shocker. Overpriced shit is what you get 'round here in the lower district."

Entering the bar he finds it lifeless. Not surprising to Jack at this time of day. But with the door unlocked and lights on he knows someone had to be around.

"Lock the door, then lets check the back. Someones bound to be here."

@kingsley
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 10:58:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
With no key, Kingsley makes a gesture for Skadi. The Froslass lifts a hand, casting a ray of ice from it that encases the handle until there's no hope of it moving. The implications of freezing it don't matter, not when the man's going to see his Froslass anyways.

He takes another pokeball from his pocket and calls out a banette. Both ghost types follow behind as Kingsley heads to the backroom.

There, a man leans over a desk, working on some sort of paperwork. He's older than Kingsley but younger than Jack, with carefully slicked scruffy blonde hair that Kingsley thinks is trying too hard to look suave. "Hey," he calls, offering a wave when the man startles to look at him and Jack.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2019 11:42:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Jack enters the room in tow and leaves Machoke just outside the doorway. "If it aint Richard." He wraps his hands around the back of a chair sitting across from the scruffy man. "You were 'round last Friday, weren't ya? Place was pretty packed." There's a mumbled confirmation from the man. He sat rigid now, uneasy at the presence of both the men and their pokemon.

"Doing real well for ya self now that Rockets kicked the bucket." Richard's crept away from the table as Jack spoke. Slowly it'd inch its way towards the pocket where he kept his pokeballs.

@kingsley
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Competition [Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2019 11:59:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kingsley allows Jack to do the talking, content to play the role of muscle. "Hey, hey, it's rude to back up when people are talking," he chides. "Hold him in place."

The Banette seems to almost materialize behind, arms wrapping around Richard's leg. It is not so much that the pokemon is able to pin him down, so much as the threat if it being there is enough to freeze him in place. The ghost leers up.

Kingsley gestures for Skadi to approach as well. The Froslass moves closer to float on the other side of the man.