verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 4:44:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he leaves bryony on one side of the field while he takes the other one. the houndoom was already situated in front of him, releasing him first to give bryony an advantage at the very least. she probably needs it cause she always panics every time she needed to battle.

the houndoom was probably fine. not too intimidating that it scares her from doing anything gutsy, but not too weak either that she thinks he's babying her too much for just a practice round.

"just a quick warm up before we head to the warfronts," he reminds her.

he needs to hype her up. she probably is right now, but he can never tell, especially since he is so used to the enthusiasm of the same level as mateo and delphi. this was a war, and everyone else seemed focused more on the defensive than taking action themselves. that was the house trait advertised, but kyle does not care about those.

"we're gonna storm mateo and friends later."

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 11:08:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony intends to win, or at the very least, not lose to Mateo and the others. So when Kyle decides to give her training, she is more than ready for it. Can she beat him? Definitely not. Can she learn from him? Absolutely. Can they, together, force back the enemy?

Kyle can but Bryony will do her damndest to help.

She looks at the houndoom. Fire and dark type. Weak to fairy and water. With that in mind, she grabs a Pokeball and releases her Granbull. Petunia lands with a snort. She looks at the Houndoom and her ears flatten back. The look of her face is enough to intimidate.

"Use Scary Face!" Bryony orders. Petunia's expression doesn't change. Her scary face is just her normal face.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 14:42:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the houndoom is startled by the granbull. it remains on its place, paws taking a step back from the display. kyle had a granbull as well, so its face wasn't as intimidating for his pokemon, but one can just not get used to its face.

"nasty plot."

the houndoom collects his thoughts, a sinister expression coming onto the canine as it stared back at the granbull. the attacks made afterwards would be considerably stronger. perhaps it was the wrong decision to boost it, but the granbull can probably take an attack or two, maybe.

"scary face is good, but mateo likes his dragon dances." if a pokemon that he owns can learn it, kyle just assumes that they know it. "you gotta prepare for boosted attacks besides dealing with speed too."

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 14:58:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kyle raises a fair point and Bryony goes through each of her Pokemon, trying to decide which ones would be most effective. She worries her hands together in front of her. Against Mateo, she'd probably need to use dragon types to impress him but her jangmo-o and altaria are nothing in comparison.

"Oh - um - uh!" Reality comes back to her and she looks at the houndoom again. "Well um - use um - use play rough."

The granbull jostles its head then charges forward, stubby legs carrying it along so it can propel itself into the houndoom.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 18:00:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the attack hits, throwing the houndoom onto the ground. its fire-typing helps with the fairy-type moves, though the houndoom as a species isn't exactly known for their bulk regardless.

"okay, how about this. flamethrower."

smog would have been the best choice in a serious battle, but he didn't want to end the fight just yet. dark pulse would make it too obvious that kyle was making this easy for her. he deemed flamethrower to be the right choice.

an inferno of flames would come form the houndoom's mouth, burning everything in its path to the granbull.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2019 19:06:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Granbull takes the hit, backing away with a high pitched squeal as it tries to get out of the blast of fire. Bryony covers her mouth. Even if this is for fun, Petunia seems as if she's in pain.

"Um - ah - use - use roar - no, crunch!"

Petunia's reflexes are either just fast enough or too slow to respond to the first order and so she listens to the second instead. The Granbull runs forward, this time on all four, and lunges to snap its teeth around the Houndoom's neck.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 0:44:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
bryony is a smart girl, but sometimes, kyle wonders where her intelligence comes when she's faced with situations such as this. battering the houndoom with play rough would have worn it down much quicker than crunch.

he decides to lower his standards more.

"do that too."

the houndoom fights back with a bite on the granbull's neck. it's thicker and fatter, and definitely does not make use of the earlier boost, but he does so anyways cause kyle needs her to win this.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 1:16:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Bryony wishes she knew where her intelligence went in the midst of battles. Maybe it would have helped alleviate some of her issues with the entire battling thing.

Bryony's Granbull freezes. Its eyes go wide and then it collapses.

It fainted.

Not from damage. Not from pain. Not from actual defeat. But because it's a coward at heart.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 18:13:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle does not get what's happening. he was making sure that his houndoom would be in a worse position than her granbull. he took in consideration the general constitution and strengths of both pokemon, but the result did not match up with the equation.

the houndoom lets go, equally puzzled by the outcome just as his trainer. he steps away from the fainted granbull, not making any effort to actually end it as they usually do in the wild.

"w-wait, what?"

his words and his tone depict his confusion perfectly. he couldn't quite grasp the concept of the unexpected win happening in this scenario, but he knows this isn't good. this might cause a different effect to bryony than what he had wanted this battle to produce. he's less worried about that than making sense of the situation, however.

"do you know what happened?" he asks.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2019 21:28:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Petunia?" Bryony's voice is small. She edges closer, closer, closer, and then taps at the granbull with the tip of her shoe. "Petunia?"

She looks to Kyle for answers, but he turns the question onto her. Bryony shifts her eyes one way then another, then back down to the fainted pink pokemon. She gives a small shrug.

"Um. I guess she fainted?" Her hands fidget and her shoulders slump, body closing in on itself. There is a moment where Bryony considers giving up, saying this is all dumb and pointless and she didn't mean to waste Kyle's time. Then she looks back up to Kyle.

"I'll try another Pokemon, okay?"

She recalls Petunia and this time, throws out her snorlax.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2019 9:54:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he doesn't know how it happened and he was looking for the reasoning behind it, but what bryony said wasn't untrue. kyle just accepted it without questioning more.

she releases her snorlax against his beaten up houndoom. this should be an easier match for her, he supposed, though that meant that he has to send out a second pokemon as well. he wonders how long bryony wants this match to be, but he does not ask it out loud.

"go ahead and make the first move. i won that last ko after all."

he starts thinking of the pokemon he'll bring out next. maybe one of his mightyena? they were statistically one of his worst battlers if he went by their win-lose record. then again, they were originally trained to be tracking dogs instead of fighters.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2019 12:00:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Use body slam!" Bryony says, hands folding back together in front of her chest. Her snorlax yawns, scratches his belly, then body slams forward, knocking the houndoom across the room in the process. Bryony winces.

"Ah, um - was that too much? Is he okay? I didn't mean to overdo it."

Her fingers knit together and fidget. She looks at Kyle for approval, eyes desperate for praise.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2019 17:00:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the houndoom is thrown across the field, flying past kyle as a sinister aura envelops him. kyle rubs the back of his neck as he tries to look for an appropriate response to her inquiry.

"that's, um, fine. i've seen worse."

he intended for his houndoom to lose this match anyways.

the houndoom's pokeball was drawn, ready to recall it back. he turns around, grumbling as he finds signs of destiny bond being used. he ponders if his geitz was actually smart enough to rebel against kyle without making it obvious.

he recalls his houndoom but not before he watches the effects of the move transpire on the snorlax with his tired eyes.

@bryony
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2019 12:08:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Snorlax's collapse makes the floor tremble. Bryony stares, looking between it and Kyle for answers. "What - uh - what happened?" she asks, lips pulling back in a weak grimace.

She recalls the Snorlax and reaches for another pokeball only to fidget this one in her hands.

"I'm not very good at this, am I?" Bryony asks, forcing a laugh.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
preparations [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2019 14:31:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, yeah," he answers her bluntly. "but at least you're so bad that there's nowhere to go but up, right?"

kyle fails at being supportive once more. he looked so proud too when he mentioned the words, evident on the slightest smile on his otherwise perpetually tired expression.

he shrugs and takes another pokeball. "don't worry about that too much and maybe we can work on split second decisions or something." he sounded legit when he worded it that way. the proud look remains. he releases a larvesta -- a pokemon he rarely sees around, but one that he has taking a liking to nonetheless.

"you can have the first move."

@bryony