Isra Nightingale
boom boom pow [open]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2019 9:45:14 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont="Beth Ellen|Poiret One"]
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]
[attr="class","israchats"]

Those that have dealt with the woman know her as a visual definition of grace and elegance, ever poise, movements careful and deliberate. Always acting in a dignified manner. Somehow she has gotten it into her head to take this opportunity to relax- really relax and the results are an utterly ridiculous 180 to the Isra nightingale that prowls the hall of league headquarters at night. The woman's hair is done up in a messy bun, dark blue pajama shorts can barely be seen from under the over sized T-shirt with lyrics from a song she's recently been introduced to print across the front and back in big bold letters and her feet are bare- she's spent most of the day out of her heels even!
[break][break]
"They try to copy my swagger, I'm on that next shit now!" she sings to herself as she makes her way through the huntail dorms late into the evening. The bop in her step is to the beat of the song and every once in awhile she detours on her route to put a little extra swing in her hips when it it seems appropriate for her to do so.
[break][break]
And then the song repeats and she does it over again. (A trick one of the other huntails taught her with her phone)
[break][break]
And that's how Isra comes to be hip checking a stranger as she makes her way through the huntail dorms late in the evening, song on repeat and singing it quietly to herself (she's not half bad a singer at least). Instead of removing the earbuds and apologizing she reaches for their wrists and tries to pull them into her little dance routine with her instead.
[break][break]
She's having fun amd nothing's gonna stop that now.
[break][break][break]
@open

i'm no sweet dream
but i'm a hell of a knife
[attr="class","israbox"]
[newclass=".israimg"]position: absolute; z-index: 10;[/newclass][newclass=".isras2g"]position: relative; z-index: 5;[/newclass][newclass=".israbox"]position: absolute; z-index: -10;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats b"]color: #979c6b;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats i"]color: #5d96a5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
boom boom pow [open]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2019 19:08:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]the sound of isra's singing is not a new spectacle for fernando but rarely does it carry such profanity. the sound of her vigor raises an eyebrow in response but he continues down the hall, out of sight, with renewed interest. the time of the evening leave little for him to do but return to his dorm, where he can retired into a bed of documents he's neglected over the course of the events. bureaucracy may be a slow and painful process but it doesn't sleep. neither does he.

fernando turns the corner and into the dormitory, chancing upon the growing crescendo that is isra's mindless singing. his smile is pompous and smug, about to mock her when he comes in close, until she bumps her hips into him. he's caught off guard, unsuspecting of her uncharacteristic shift in openness, and snagged into a stiff, awkward duet with her. his movements are clunky and unable to match the tempo of the song that he cannot hear, half out of choice, half from being thrown off his own tempo.

the look he gives her is saturated with a healthy dose of his obvious disinterest.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
boom boom pow [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 7:58:18 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont="Beth Ellen|Poiret One"]
[attr="class","israimg"]
[attr="class","isras2g"]
[attr="class","israchats"]

Lo'n'behold, it's not a stranger who gets dragged into her dancing at all but her boss. If it were anyone else she'd take the look on his face as a cue to let him go and be on with his night but Isra feels a particular need to dig at the man where ever possible. She continues to drag him along in her dance until the song ends and in the gap where it repeats she removes an ear bud.
[break][break]
"Come on now, try a little."
[break][break]
She'll set the earbud in his ear and share if he's willing to let her, if he's going to keep her from strangers then he might as well play along at least a little bit. At least she thinks so and she won't let him go until she's satisfied now that she has him. Something he ought to know by now.
[break][break]
"Aren't you supposed to be having fun during this event- things?"
[break][break][break]

i'm no sweet dream
but i'm a hell of a knife
[attr="class","israbox"]
[newclass=".israimg"]position: absolute; z-index: 10;[/newclass][newclass=".isras2g"]position: relative; z-index: 5;[/newclass][newclass=".israbox"]position: absolute; z-index: -10;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats b"]color: #979c6b;[/newclass][newclass=".israchats i"]color: #5d96a5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
boom boom pow [open]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2019 8:18:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "i am." he sounds adamant when everything else about him says that he's not. his body language doesn't reflect his tone and if isra is perceptive, she'll figure out that he's lying. well, being spiteful and sarcastic is a more accurate description but both are true.

she places the earbud in his ear and fernando stands there listening for a moment. hearing it changes nothing and he's just as stiff. "i am. can't you tell? look at me, i'm having so much fun." his delivery is deadpan and it matches his dancing. "whoohoo. i love the aqua festival."

he's a literal killjoy.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
boom boom pow [open]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2019 5:30:40 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

She comes to a stop and looks him dead in the eyes.

"You act more like your dead inside and it's kind of depressing Fernando."

She takes the earbud back and moves to let him go, If he's not going to be any fun then she'll find someone else who will be. She actually quite likes dancing after all and while the music may not be what she's used to she likes the idea of expanding her horizons. Just not his particular face at this rate.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
boom boom pow [open]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2019 23:23:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "whatever do you mean?"

now he plays coy and the color returns to his voice. there's a mild snicker snuck in there and it turns him playful. when she frees him fernando stands there, still watching, but allowing her to continue on. their brief exchange is one of many and fernando continues onward afterwards. he's more incline to retire for the night than engage with isra and it shows with his brevity.