awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2018 3:39:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

today, a quaint coffee store finds itself emptied. business is by no means dead, rather, the place has been rented out for their exclusive use.

fernando sits at a table for two. a cup of cold americano rests abandoned by his side, a wet spoon dangling off its tray. he's far too engrossed onto his tablet to taste the beverage, enraptured by text that's several sizes too read. it makes it harder for people to snoop, ideal for someone in his line of work.

a small bell chimes when the door opens. his eyes raise to meet his guest, a disarming smile out and ready.

"mister harver?"

@scott
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 20:54:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","scottsmoll"]

"The one and only." Scott teased as he entered the cafe. He glanced around as if to wonder where all the people had gone, but he knew. Dude wasn't the type to allow many people to snoop, which Scott found sort of comical... but anyway.

"How's things?" Pointless question. He took a seat and looked to the cup of coffee. He pointed at it, lifted a brow, then side-eyed the guy he'd come to see.

"You uh... gonna finish that?"

[newclass=.scottsmoll]width:320px;font-size:12px;font-family:calibri;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.scottsmoll b]color:#DAD56C;font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 21:48:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"good."

what an understatement.

what happens today is inconsequential to how hoenn will play out. what he's really here for is to compare scott to a psychological profile his team has pieced together. being a public figure has its benefits as well as its demerits. his position as gym leader makes him a threat, but one that can be studied, planned for.

"i was early," he explains. there's no way he's going to drink cold brew. scott's gesture implies something fernando fears. he's either against being wasteful, or wants it for himself.

"would you like anything?"

there's a hope that that'll be enough of a deterrent.

@scott
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 21:59:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Yeah dude, I'm starving."

Maybe it was obvious in the fact that he was all but drooling, but he definitely wanted something to drink and to eat. His eyes landed on the small area where staff should have been. There weren't as many people in as normal because the place had been rented out. Why waste the money paying them? Made sense.

"I mean, I can get it myself..." Scott's words trailed off as he eyed back toward the staff. "If they'll come out. They're either distracted," he grinned at the head of blue hair across from him. "Or scared shitless of you."

[newclass=.scottsmoll]width:320px;font-size:12px;font-family:calibri;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 22:13:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"no, no."

he can't allow that. that'd be rude. he's his guest, after all.

"service," he calls aloud, loud enough to be heard but not so much as to become an annoyance.

"i imagine people don't meet someone of my caliber everyday. scared of the unknown, i suppose."

no sooner than he finishes that statement one of the workers come out, a nervous smile plastered on their face. "can i get you gentlemen anything?" is the standard introduction. fernando waves his hand, a gesture to offer scott to answer first.

@scott
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 22:25:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Scott wasn't entirely sure what to make of that statement. Fernando had definitely just bragged about his status and it definitely had him lifting a brow and laughing. Then along came the help. Damn, had he gone back in time or something? And that staff looked freakin' nervous.

"Oh, um, hey." He leaned back and grinned. "It's close enough to fall for a pumpkin spice latte, right?"

He was asking both parties, but he had a feeling only the staff would answer. Which rang true when they opened their mouth.

"Course sir, we'll get it ready. Anything else?"

"Uh... back, egg, gouda cheese sandwich." There was a great big goofy grin on his face that spoke his, 'please?' for him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 22:39:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

fernando's grin returns at the request for food. it's there to match scott's demeanor, to keep things lighthearted.

"i'll have a quarter espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam," he requests, unfamiliar with the proper term. it's easier for him to just list it out in detail. gives them no excuse for failure. "please."

with that out of the way, as well as the staff, fernando can open up his questions.

"you've been well, i take it?"

like his choice in beverage, there's nothing wrong with starting off plain.

@scott
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 22:49:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Had he been well? Scott had to think that over for a few seconds but then decided to simply shrug his shoulders and let out a breath.

"Well, I'm not dead." He announced finally, after a few moments of contemplation on how he should respond. "City's well, crime rate's usual, nothing's up, nothing's down." In more ways than he'd like to admit.

It was only then that he realized he'd completely forgotten what the hell this meeting was even supposed to be about... whoops.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 22:58:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

there's a mild laugh to his initial answer. the kind that's done out of courtesy of a joke that's been played out way too much. "very true." the screen of his tablet turns off, asleep from in activity.

"that's good. that's good. seems like you've settled into hoenn quite nicely. i wish i could say the same about back home."

@scott
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 23:10:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Back home being Kanto. Specifically, Saffron City. A small smile crept up his face at the thought. Mostly it was that 'respect for the dead' sort of smile that made his stomach hurt... or was he that hungry?

"That..." he shrugged. "That was a lost cause. Kanto had Rocket under its streets pulling strings way before I was born." Damn, what a pessimist he'd turned into.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 23:21:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"unfortunately. you put up a damn good effort, though."

he's sincere. on paper, scott had done an excellent job ofgathering the remnants of a fighting force. but, naturally, he had no chance. not when fernando was actively conspiring against him. kanto fell because he needed it to. no one suspects the head of silph to orchestrate a campaign against itself. that's what makes it easy for him to wrap up lose ends. when a bureaucracy falls the private sector can go unchecked. rules and laws don't dictate liveliness. no, it's money and power, something he has plenty of.

@scott
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 23:46:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"That was a long time ago."

Scott waved in his answer, not entirely sure how to word it. Sure, yeah, he'd helped protect Kanto until he realized he simply didn't have the manpower behind him to mount a proper assault. There was just too damn much on the opposing side for Scott to counter with his hand-picked elites. Would he trade that force for anything? No, but he'd love to clone it...

That was his hope in Hoenn, in a way. Get more resources, get even. Then life happened, and life never happens when you want it to. Then life punched him in the nads and told him to fuck off, so that was great.

"Why do you bring it up? Not a lot of the league much care about what failed." They focused on success here or silencing past failures.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2018 23:57:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"it's my home."

scott doesn't realize how much he's revealed. in two short sentences, he's confessed to something fernando's had a hard time confirming: hoenn is naive. sure, scott is just one of eight, but the opinion of an insider is not one he can take lightly. so he carries it in his heart, delighted to know that the stage is set.

"hoenn is nice but nothing beats home."

@scott
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2018 0:09:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A good point. A great point... and yet... can Scott even be bothered to relate to it? Can he relate to Kanto still being his home? Was... was it ever his home?

"Kanto was a battleground. So is Hoenn. Neither of them could be called my home. A home was someone, not somewhere... cheezy as that sounds, god. Shoot me now, right?"

He was mostly trying to convince himself to think one way or the other about it, and failing miserably. Oh good, coffee and food, he could use those. Now his stomach wouldn't hurt so much.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
PLACID
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2018 0:25:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"no, you're right. home is where the heart is. it's different for everyone."

food arrives just in time. it's served, placed in front of him, with proper cutlery. not that he needs it for a sandwich, but fernando is one to cover all his bases. his choice is sugared perfectly, as instructed. a clatter of spoon against china interrupts scott's salivating.

"so what do you plan on doing?"

@scott
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights